Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I originally started this out as a one shot but it was so long I had to break it down into a few chapters.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

Twenty years ago…

 

Angela Baxter Hubbard sat in the corner propped against the wall for the first couple of days. She was shattered on the inside. Her lifeline, the love of her life, Jesse Hubbard, was taken away by a gunshot to the heart. She held herself and shook until her body failed to move any longer. The drugs they gave her were beginning to wear off. But they were not needed anymore as her body went numb from the pain…in her heart. Then everything fell silent.

 

Jesse Hubbard tried to figure out where he was, as he lay wavering in and out of consciousness. The last thing he remembered was telling Angela how much he loved her and to take care of there son, Frankie. He sat in the corner shaking from his gunshot wound. The drugs they gave him were beginning to wear off. But they were not needed anymore for his body went numb from the pain…in his heart. Then everything fell silent.

 

Present Day…

 

“Okay, what?”

 

“What?”

 

“What? Angela I know you. What’s on your mind baby?”

 

“Well Jesse here we are, together again as if the last twenty years never happened. But they did. Jesse. And…I told you every last detail of my life. I told you about my relationships with Cliff and Jacob. It wasn’t our kind of love Jesse. Nothing will ever be that strong…”

 

“Ain’t that the truth?”  Jesse knew where Angela was going. He’d put it off as long as he could. Twenty years had gone and come. It wasn’t his choice to leave her but it was his choice to stay away. Guilt is a staggering emotion to live with. He didn’t want to weight that on Angela. But Jesse knew he stalled long enough. “So basically you want to know if there was anyone special in my life.”

 

Angie smiled. He still knew her so very well. “Well Jesse was there someone you want to tell me about?”

 

“Okay Angela here we go, from the beginning.”