Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
We can't always have it all, sometimes, we are forced to make choices and in this case, there may be no such thing as a right choice.



Author's Chapter Notes:
Does Todd love her enough to take her back?


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Today’s date is July 15th 2014, after five years of a rocky journey, Evangeline and Todd finally went their separate ways and that was three years ago.

The last conversation they had was really heart breaking, it was about babies and settling down. She discovered she was pregnant, he wanted to keep the child while she wanted an abortion; it all ended in tears and pain as she eventually had a miscarriage. After the miscarriage, she refuse to see him or speak to him, she just disappeared.

There were quite a few words left unsaid, till this day, she always wondered if she did the right thing by hiding the truth and making him walk away.

 

Evangeline just returned from her three year stay in England, it looks like they have both moved on to different new partners or have they?

 

He walked into Rodeo’s, hand in hand with his model fiancée who looks like a broom stick, tooth pick, all bones and skin, that’s all she is. As he lifted up his head, he saw E doing the dirty dance with some funny looking guy, “ She use to dance on me like that” he thought to himself.

She cut her eyes at him and held her new lad even closer then she asked herself, “ How dare he bring that skank in my yard, how dare he rub that trash in my face?” she silently mouthed “ Asshole” to him, he smiled back and blew her a kiss, he mouthed “ Thank you” to her.

It was ten pm and it looks like the night is just about to born.

 

Even though he was sitting with a cute model, he was secretly looking at the woman who use to be he‘s. He was a little conflicted because deep down, he knew he couldn’t just turn off his feelings for her, they were more than a fling, they had a full blown loving relationship until she told him she wasn’t ready to be tied down with child bearing.

He excused himself from the giraffe that sat beside him and he made his way through the crowd to talk to her.

She saw him coming so she whispered something into her partner’s ears then headed for the ladies room, but then she already knew he was going to follow her lead.

As soon as they both entered, he shut the door behind them. “ E, how could you come back without letting me know?”

She leaned against the wall while he boxed her in “ I didn’t think you still cared about little ole me Todd.”

He knew she was teasing but he was onto something more serious “ E, I’m getting married on Saturday, I just didn’t want you to hear it from someone else.”

he saw her face turn red so stepped back from her then paused for a second to see if she had anything to say and boy she does have a mouthful to say.

“ Are you marrying her to get over me?”

“ My world stopped revolving around you a while ago Evangeline, you are dead to me.”

“ You are you here with me in the ladies room, alone, with the doors closed. You are only going to break her heart Todd, she’s not me. Are you sure you want to marry her?”

“ You don’t get to play high and mighty when you are here with your British boyfriend and his stupid accent.”

She reached out and began to play with the hem of his shirt “ For someone who doesn’t care, you sound a little jealous. Are you jealous Todd?”

He pushed her hand away “ You know what? Get over yourself Evangeline, you weren’t even decent enough to end things between us, you just vanished. No letters, no phone calls, nothing.”

“ Have you ever considered that maybe I wanted you to look for me and find me.”

He replied, “ How did you expect me to know that? Am I a f**king mind reader?”

“ You are Todd Manning, you could have found me if you wanted to, but no you chose to let me go.”

“ Oh so now it’s my fault that we are over?”

 

“ We are not over. Things will never be over between us Todd and you know it.”

“ That’s it, you are delusional. I’m outta here and oh by the way I don’t want you at my wedding. I hope your life is as miserable as you made mine.” as he walked out, they both realized that this wasn’t the end of them.

 

&*&*&*&*&*

On the eve of the wedding, Todd was sitting in his living room, drinking some wine and enjoying some soul music when he heard the door knob turning. “ Baby aren’t you suppose to be at your mother’s? I thought you said it was bad luck for the bride to see the groom the night before?” he yelled at the door.

But when he turned around but his smile quickly disappeared once he saw Evangeline. “ What do you want?”

She was dressed in a simple black dress with emerald stones on it, the front showed just enough cleavage and to make matters worse, it was raining outside and her cloth was stuck on her body, her hard protruding nipples were begging to be sucked by him. She intentionally didn’t wear any underwear, his throat went dry and all he could do was imagine her bending over, wearing nothing but her four inch shoes and her diamond necklace.

She walked over and sat beside him with her legs crossed then dropped the gift on the table “ I brought you a wedding present, it an empty picture album. I’m happy for you Todd, I hope you and Vivian can fill it up with memories the way we use to.”

He pushed it away “ I know what you’re trying to do and it won’t work.”

She poured herself a drink and drank from his cup, making herself comfortable “What am I doing Toddddddd? I’m only wishing you luck.”

He lashed out at her “ Stop it, just stop it. wasn’t it enough that I saw you with Chris last night with his filthy hands all over you? But now invited yourself into my house dressed like that” he waved his hand in her face, “taunting me like a sex staved animal?”

She replied seductively “ Did you wish it was you touching me and not him?”

He rolled his eyes at her, “ You have Chris now, you sleep with him at night instead of me, you have clearly moved on E and so have I.”

She sighed and spat “ Maybe I haven‘t moved on, so guess what Tooooddddd? I’m not happy for you, I haven’t moved on and I don’t want you to move on, not from us.”

“ What on earth are you saying?”

“ I want you back Todd, I want to be your woman again.”

“You must be high to think that I would cancel my wedding because you say so. Balsam is so fired for letting you in.”

 

“ You never took your key back and I think it’s because you were secretly wishing I would use it. Tell me I‘m lying”

He laughed at her, “ You left with my key, I didn’t get a chance to ask for it.” she opened her mouth but he cut her off without letting her speak. “No, I won’t listen to this” he pulled her off the chair and began walking her to the door but she broken free from him.

“If you want me to go I will, but you have to break up with me first”

“ Fine we are done.” he pulled her arm and headed for the door.

“ No Todd, be a man, look me in the eye and tell me you are not in love with me anymore.”

He let go of her hand then ran his hands through his hair “ Evangeline, it‘s too late to turn back the clock.”

 

She looked at him pleadingly with tears in her eyes, she grabbed his hands “ I’ve missed you Todd. I’ll do whatever it takes, I just want you back Todd please, listen to me pleas……”

He cut her off half way and yelled so loud that she got scared “ I waited for two years for you to come out of that coma, I waited another year before we got together, we dated for another two years and when I popped the question you flat out told me no for no reason. You left my heart bleeding so you don’t get to waltz in here and expect to pick off where you left me.”

“ I am done wasting my time on you and I’m sure Vivian won’t appreciate you being here.”

 

She nervously bit her manicured nails “You can’t marry her Todd.”

“ Why? You didn’t want me but now you don’t want to see me with someone else?”

“ I was scared.”

“ So what changed? how do I know you won’t leave again?”

“ Because I am ready to take a chance on us, I saw you with her and it made me realize that I want to be with you forever, isn‘t that what you wanted?”

 

“ I’m over it Evangeline, I am over you. I won’t let you hurt me again.”

She pulled him closer and kissed him forcefully which caught him off guard, he gently pushed her away then wiped off his mouth. She leaned back and gave him an evil smile, “Do you love her the way you love me?”

 

“ Loved, I loved you Evangeline.”

“ How does she like her coffee?”

“What does latté have to do with love.”

“ What perfume does she use?”

He scratched his head as if he was trying to think “ Who cares as long as she smells good?”

“ What’s her favorite food?”

“ She’s a model, she barely eats.”

“ What’s her favorite color?”

He looked at her angrily because he knew he was stuck “ Damn it Evangeline, you had your chance and you blew it. I’m not a puppet that can be controlled with strings.”

“ What’s the color of her eyes when she stands in the sun?”

“ Stop it, god!! Just stop” he screamed at her while trying to push back his own tears.

She moved near him then clung to him. while looking in his eyes, she pushed herself into him until his back hit the wall “ What’s my favorite movie Todd?”

As he opened his mouth, two rolls of tears fell out of his eyes the he quietly whispered “ Sound of music, your favorite movie is the sound of music.”

“ How do I like my Coffee?”

“ Two sugars and lots of cream.”

“What perfume do I use?”

“ Pleasure by Estee lauder.”

“ What’s my favorite color?”

“ Green.”

“ Why green.”

“ Because it’s a symbol of life.”

“ What do I like after making love.”

“ You love it when I play with your hair till you fall asleep.”

 

 

 

She cradled the back of his head with her right hand and kissed him passionately “ I’m not that forgettable, you love me Todd, you know me and you still want me.”

She rubbed the tip of her nose against he's, “I should have said yes when you asked me to marry you three ago, ask me again please Todd ask me again, right now.” she kept insisting “ I’m begging Todd, please ask me again.”

He shook his head “ I can’t, not now. Maybe in another life time but not now, not ever.”

He tried to move away from her but she kept blocking his path with her body. As he pushed her, she matched his strength and shoved him back until they wrestled each other into the ground.

In a flash, their cloths came off and he could feel himself inside her tight space, pounding her mercilessly while she helplessly screamed his name on top of her lungs, telling him to go deeper, faster and harder, he actually heard her say the F word for the first time.

He could feel her long smooth legs wrapped around his waist, her nails were slashing deeply through his flesh like a sword on butter while her other hand violently jerked his head backwards, he could have sworn he lost a chunk of hair.

He could hear himself telling her that he still loves her and only her, Gosh!! All that pent up anger and frustration between them lead to an explosive episode of sexual healing.

As they slowed down, he felt himself come inside of her then finally he crashed on top of her.

Not wanting to crush her with his weight, he supported himself with is elbows then gazed into her eyes, they were filled with tears, pain, love, want and agony.

She whimpered softly, “ I love you too Todd, I can‘t live without you. I tried it once and it‘s not working” she kissed him and said, “ Just so you know, I didn’t sleep with Chris, I haven’t been with anyone else after you.”

He quickly rolled off her, grabbed his pants and made his way into the bathroom while he left her laying on the floor.

“ Sh*t, sh*t,” he screamed and punched the bathroom walls, he was mad because he knew she still has some kind of hold over him just like old times.

She hastily put on her dress then ran to the door and banged on it “ Todddddd, tell me this was a mistake and I‘ll walk away.”

He opened the door and came out with both hands on his head, “ What the f*ck just happened? I just cheated on my fiancée.”

 

She went in to get herself cleaned up then she yelled through the door with her fingers crossed “ Technically, it’s not cheating, you didn’t break up with me. We connected again and I have no regrets about making love to you.”

He knew he couldn’t say this to her face but he said it anyway “No goddarnit, it was a romp, dirty great sex, that’s all it was. F**K you Evangeline, look at the sh*t you made me d…….”

 

“ I didn’t make you do anything you didn’t want to do, you are not that guy so why don’t you just admit it? You still love me Todd.”

 

“ No I don’t.”

“ You just told me when we……”

 

“ When we what? F**ked? Maybe I just needed one last bang before getting hitched.”

She came out and her face was more determined than ever “ You don’t mean that.”

He walked past her toward his mini bar then poured himself some whiskey, he drank a mouthful

“ Ha, did you think that slapping me in the face with a wet p*ssy would automatically make me crawl back to you on my knees? Think again sweetness”

“ It’s me you want standing next to you on that altar.”

“ You give yourself way too much credit E.”

“ You know it’s true Todd.”

He pulled out his wallet and tried to put a hundred dollar bill in her hand, she backed away from him “ What the hell Todd?”

“ I didn’t call you pretty woman, I was just thinking you might want to get a morning after pill. You know, the one you could not get enough of every time we were careless? We wouldn’t want you to get pregnant again, would we?”

 

“ Baby, don’t take the easy way out. People change Todd, what if I told you that I changed my mind?”

 

“ It doesn’t make a difference anymore, you decided to take the easy way out three years ago, you were a f**king ice queen back then, you will always be one to me.” He yelled so loud she thought he was going to pop a blood vessel. “ I would never be caught dead being pregnant, I have a lot of living to do. Those were your exact words to me.”

 

He went to the main table grabbed his car keys then looked at her one last time “ Let yourself out.”

“Todd, I never wanted to leave but I had no choice.”

“ Everyone has a choice, yours just came back and bite you in the ass. One last question, did you lose our baby intentionally? Because I don’t understand how you could tell someone you loved that you don’t want to have his child.”

She reached into her bag and handed him some old checks then headed for the door “ Maybe you should ask your father what really happen on July 10th 2011.”

He quickly ran ahead of her “ No, no, no, noooo. You don’t get to walk away after dropping a bomb on me so you are going to stay and we are going to get this over with.”

 

She turned her red, swollen face away from him then bowed her head in anguish “ Since the first time you introduced me to your dad, he wanted me as far away as possible from you.

I don’t know how but your father knew I was pregnant before I had I chance to tell you, he came to me and warned me not to tell you, he said “I don’t want any confused bi racial f*ck tads messing up my public image and my legacy.”

He shook his head “ No, my father will do no such thing.”

“ Oh I’m just getting to the good part. He offered me money to disappear and get rid of the baby, I told him no and I came to you that night and I told you that you were going to be a daddy. You proposed but before I had the chance to say yes……”

“ Your phone rang, I remember that.”

“ It was him, he knew I had just told you and I was going to pay for it. He was in my house, he held my mother and my sister at gun point and he asked my to choose wisely and to make it believable.”

“ And that was why you said you didn’t want to have my children. Why didn’t you tell me the truth?.”

“ Because he’s smart, and I was terrified. He made me stay on the phone till I got home. When I entered I heard my mom shouting, telling me to run and save myself, she’s my mother Todd, she brought me in this world. Was I suppose to turn my back on her?”

“ When I got to the room, Layla was tied to the bed, her mouth was taped and gagged she had almost passed out because they wouldn’t let her have her insulin shot. I wanted our baby, I wanted to marry you but not at the expense of my sister’s life.”

“I promised him that I would disappear and never come back but he laughed and said I don’t trust vanilla dippers like you. He grabbed me by the neck, pulled me out of the room and pushed me down two flight of stairs.”

“ It wasn’t an accident, it wasn’t just a miscarriage, your father killed our child and I knew it wasn’t your fault but I when I looked at you that day in the hospital, I wondered how much of him was in you.”

“ Evangeline, I would never hurt you, you should have told me.”

“ No, I couldn’t because you are his son and you inherited his temper, I didn’t want to see you hurt.”

 

“ God Evangeline I’m so sorry” he reached out to touch her but he stopped himself half way then ran out of the door. She followed him and yelled “ Where are you going?”

“ To tie some loose ends” he replied.

 

 

&*&*&*&*&*

Next Day

It’s eleven am, Evangeline had stayed up all night in her new apartment, hoping he would call but her wait was in vain. She got up and went to her room and began putting her things back together, she thought to herself “ If last night didn’t change his mind then nothing will.” she picked up the phone and enquired about the next flight back to England.

As she sighed and hung up the phone, she heard a voice behind her “ Trying to skip town again E?”

She turned around in and opened her mouth in disbelieve “ Todd, I’m sure your new bride won’t appreciate you being here.”

He grabbed her and hugged her then anxiously whispered “ I didn’t do it, I couldn’t marry her. I didn’t call because I went looking for Vivian, I had to tell her about us.”

“ But you love her.”

“ I said I loved her, I never said I was in love with her.” he pulled back then kissed her. “ Promise you’ll never hide anything from me again.”

“ I promise.”

 

 

He got on his left knee and brought out a silver box from his jacket, “ Evangeline, I know we both hurt each other before, but am back on my knees because it would be crazy if I let you go again. I tried to get over you but I never stopped loving you,” he opened the box, there was 10.5 carat pink diamond in it. “ Evangeline will you marry me?”

“Oh Todd” She cried and nodded her head at him “Is that a yes?” he asked.

“ What do you think?” she smiled and said “ Well I guess that wet p*ssy reeled you in after all.”

                                       THE END

 






Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think.