Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

The Romantic


He hands you a beautiful bouquet.

Each time it is more beautiful than the last.

No matter the season, he always can find the perfect flowers just for you.

His day is brightened just by your smile.

Even when the weather is at it's foulest.

The sight of you makes the day seem sunny and pure.

No matter where you are he always can find you.

He says the right things at the right time.

He wants you to know every second and minute of the day that he loves you.

He wants your embrace and your warmth.

To feel your heartbeat melding with his.

To him your heartbeat is like a symphony.

Playing a love song just for the two of you.

He loves to just be around you.

His happiest moments are the ones he shares with you.

He is always there for you whenever you want him to be.

He is there when you don't want him to be.


She leaned back in her chair as she looked at the computer screen and read over what she wrote. A short little poem about romance how nice she thought to herself. She stood up from her chair and walked away from her desk picking up her phone as she walked away. She checked the phone no messages she missed. But it was time for her to go to class. She pulled on some clothes jeans and a t-shirt and grabbed her bag. She walked down the road and thought to himself about what she had written. Romance was such an interesting topic. She knew she could write about it all day, but had she ever really felt it? This thought was on her mind as she boarded the bus and rode to school. She pushed the thought of had she felt romance to the back of her mind. She tried to concentrate through the whole day but the thought of romance was not letting her.


A break in class soon came to her. Good a time to get her thoughts in order. She talked to some of the other people in her class about romance. They all had different takes on it some had the more cliche` ideas other had more abstract slightly original ideas. All of them were good and had their own merits to them. But they didn't help to quell her own thoughts. Had she ever felt romance? she has had dates with others. She thought back to her last date.


It was with a guy she thought would last forever how naïve she was to think that. She remembered it so well they were arguing before it. She admitted to himself she could have been a bit less argumentative that day. They argued because one was in a bit of a bad mood. Which of course put the other in a bad mood. The argument soon ended after the decision being made that neither of them wanting to go while the other was in a bad mood. But of course hunger won out over everything so they both went. A nice little Chinese buffet restaurant it was quite empty a slow day as it seemed they took a booth and got some food. talking a bit and enjoying the atmosphere they sat on opposite ends. It was nice but not really romantic. Yes one of them did move over to sit next to the other and put their arm around the other. But that was about it. It wasn't a bad date but it wasn't really memorable it was more memorable of what happened later. It wasn't what most would expect. She and the guy went to hang out with the guy's friends and she just sat there while they played a video game she read a book. She could of said something but she didn't want to be like the guy's friend's girlfriend who always wanted his time to be devoted to her. She thought when we go home I’ll have time with him. Anyone wanna guess what happened? Well to put it simply back at the guy's house only one of the couple was there.


She snapped back to reality instead of thinking about the past “romance yeah right” she scoffed. As she walked out of the computer lab and back up the stairs to her class. She sat through that and soon it was time to go she boarded her bus and sat down her music playing in her ears. She walked from the bus stop and past a florist shop. She saw a man running from it. she thought to himself “probably robbed it he is carrying some flowers stealing for the girl he loves that would be romantic.” it slightly brought a smile to her face but she quickly turned around and continued to walk. She soon got home she changed from her jeans and t-shirt to a pair of scrubs. She grabbed a white coat and slung it over her shoulders. She stepped back out of her house and got on another bus. She rode downtown and climbed onto the sky-way. It rode over the water and she looked at the view. She had seen it so many times and had wanted so badly to be taken on a date their to walk along the water. Her imagination began to wander for a bit.


She and a nameless figure walked along the water banks. They held hands as they walked she looked into his eyes she couldn't make them out, the figure was clouded for some reason. It was slightly cold so they walked close to each other. It was nice and quiet the type of picturesque romance that all dream of. But normally they can see the face. But this damnable fog it seemed determined to obscure the face of this person. Even without knowing who it was she was with it was still romantic enough. The walk continued until it got interrupted by the sound of the automated voice on the sky-way “San Marco Station next stop Riverplace Station.”


She climbed off the sky-way and stepped onto the escalator. She looked at the green lights that light up the inside of it. Why green she never knew why a color like green maybe if the escalator for some odd reason just feel apart. Anyone on it would only see a flash of green. “A flash of green heh I’ve been reading too much harry potter” she thought to himself chuckling at her own thoughts as she climbed off the escalator and steeped into the night of downtown. She walked into the hospital where she volunteered and walked through the lobby took a staircase down. She stepped into the elevator and rode it to the basement. As she stepped out of the elevator the coldness of the basement greeted her she threw on her white lab coat making it flutter a bit as she threw it on. She tossed it on like in a movie as the main character will do as she leaves on her way to the final fight. She walked into the room pushing open the double doors.


A cold chill washed over her as she signed the log. She attached her locator badge and sat at the desk there were already a stack of papers on her desk for her to file and a list of tasks for her to complete. She looked at the lists she had a couple of bodies to tag and put away. She stood up and walked over to the first body. She looked over its cold figure and began to take the final measurements she took the height and turned on the scale. Saying it into the tape recorder, she loved the technology this hospital gave her a tape recorder that cataloged whatever she said was quite helpful. She looked over the bodies and couldn't help but wonder about death. Occasionally she would catch himself talking to the dead bodies. She would ask them questions and wonder what their answers would be. On those days she normally caught himself and knew that she had been working to hard and needed to take a break. She looked at the corpse as she finished up the measurements. She talked to the corpse not really expecting an answer but just for the sake of breaking the silence.


Did you leave the world in pain?

Or did you finally feel peace?

Want kind of romance have you experienced?

Did it work out for you?

Or were your advances brushed off like a mosquito on a person's arm.

Did you enjoy your life?

Were you ready for it to be over?

Did your loved ones come to see you in your final hours?

Where do you think you will end up?

Are you destined for heaven?

Or will you be sent to hell?

Did you follow all your beliefs?

Were you a good person?

Did you help those in need?

Or did you spit on the homeless?


She walked away from the corpse and set down the tape recorder on her desk. She sat at the desk and began to type up the reports that had been left for her. She cataloged all the people that had been brought in the past few days. When she finally looked at the clock again it was about 2 am time for her first break. She stood up and walked out of the morgue signing the log and walking out she climbed back up into the stairs. She walked into one of the on call rooms and locked the door behind her she sat her phone down and set its alarm for an hour and a half. she laid down and fell asleep. Drifting back into a world of dreams.


They were now at a beach her and this foggy figure was still with her. Hand in had just like last time. The comfortable familiarity of this person was overwhelming. And another old friend was there as well. The always inconvenient fog determined to conceal the identity of who she was with. She thought to herself how annoying this fog was but it did add an air of mystery that made the dream more exciting to be in. not knowing who this person was made it all the more exciting. As she looked into the obscured face of her secret person. She could hear the annoying sound of her cell phone signaling the end of her break. It pulled her violently from the hands of her mystery lover and sat her back in the on call room of the hospital where she volunteered. As the room formed around her as her eyes opened she sighed in annoyance. She stood and stretched and went to finish her shift so she could go home.


The rest of the shift went by uneventfully and slowly as did the ride back to her home. She walked into her bed room and stripped off her scrubs. She climbed into bed and lied down, quickly going back to her idyllic dream world.


A beautiful meadow of flowers.

The sweet smell of them taking everything over.

They drained the world of all evil.

Leaving it filled with only purity.

I'm in your arms sharing the sight and smell.

Pure bliss is what I feel the warmth of your touch.

I scoot in closer to cuddle up.

Hearing your heartbeat and feeling the rise and fall of your chest.

I can feel you against me and the touch is electric.

The sensation of calmness washes over me.

I'm swimming in a sea of comfort.

Loneliness is nothing but a vague memory.

This is reality.

There is no way it could be a dream.

It feels too real to be a dream.

But then...

darkness approaches fast and takes me.

But I still feel the warmth so I'm okay.

My eyes open and I'm in my room.

The warmth is still there.

It wasn't a dream it was all real.

I look around and realize the heater in my room.

I see that I am alone.

How cruel is it to feel it so clearly.

To then wake up and feel so cold.

A tear falls one bye one.

Despite the warming glow of the heater.

I still shiver from the cold.