Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story involves extreme language and strong sexual content!


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"I have to what!!" Tavin Wilson shouts to her best friend Nichelle Waters over the table at brunch.

"I knew this wasn't going to be pretty," states mutual friend Liza O'Riley, sipping her mimosa and glancing at her friends with clear gray eyes.

"Calm down, girl," Nichelle says to Tavin, as she waited for Tavin to rant.

"Calm down, my ass! You are so wrong for this, Nichelle Dionne Waters. I cannot believe that I have to be stuck with that asshole for two days!! You know we can't stand each other. Shelly, haven't I always been a good friend to you? I have always been there for you. Okay, I know I have had your tan Gucci bag for a month, but I told you I was going to give it back. If that is why you are punishing me, I'll bring it back tomorrow and buy you a pair of shoes if you only tell me that I don't have to walk down the aisle with him," Tavin said as she looked at Nichelle.

"You know I can't say that, Tavy, although I will take a pair of Jimmy Choos, if you just want to be generous," Nichelle replied, her dark brown eyes smiling. Tavin gave her the "I don't think so look".

"Ooh, me too," Liza piped in. Tavin rolled her eyes at both of them.

"When you get married and let me borrow that white Chanel bag, maybe I will, Liza," Tavin replied.

"Dream on, sister," Liza replied.

"I knew you were going to say that," Tavin stated to Liza.

"Does that mean I'm getting some shoes since I'm getting married?" Nichelle asked with a smile on her face. Tavin smiled back at her.

"No, because you still haven't said I don't have to do what you want me to do. Come on, Ms. Bride to be. Let me hear you say sike, I was just playing, Tavin," Tavin said .

"Tavin, I can't say that because it wouldn't be true and you know we like to be honest with each other. You have to do this, girl," Nichelle replied. Tavin sipped her mimosa and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"What did I do to you to make me go through this torture, Shelly?" Tavin asked her best friend of 18 years.

Nichelle smiled and replied, "I'm not trying to hurt you, honey. I'm trying to have a beautiful wedding. Donovan chose his best friend as his best man, and I have no say so in the matter. I'm sorry, Tavy."

"This is gonna be some funny shit," Liza replied with a laugh, sipping her mimosa.

"I have a question. Did Fee know about this?" Tavin asked. Felicia Morales, their half-black, half-Puerto Rican friend was missing in action from their monthly brunch date, due to business out of town.

"Yeah, she knew," Liza said.

"You too?" Tavin asked Liza, looking at her tan skin, dark brown hair and gray eyes. Liza was a fashion editor at Elle magazine and looked like a model. At 5'9 with a body like Cindy Crawford's, Liza had opportunities to model left and right, but she said she liked to write about clothes and wear them, but that's as far as it went. Liza was one cool white girl, as they often told her with affection.

"Yep. I was told by someone who has the Rock of Gibraltar on their left hand not to tell you because she wanted to. Sorry babe," Liza replied. Tavin's eyes went to Nichelle's face and she shook her head.

"That's just great. So everybody knew about this, except Tavin, right?" Tavin asked as she watched Nichelle simply shrug her shoulders.

"Yeah, that's right," Liza stated. Nichelle gave Liza the "shut up" look.

"Liza, you ain't makin' this any better," Nichelle replied.

"You ain't either, Nichelle," Tavin stated in a deadpan voice.

Tavin let out a sigh as she ran her right hand through her short, black pixie cut that framed her oval face perfectly. Tavin stared at Nichelle, with her caramel complexion and shoulder length black hair. This woman had been with her through thick and thin, and they were polar opposites. Nichelle was 5'7, and slender, with curves in the right places. She was laid back, outgoing and personable, which helped in her job as a PR executive. Nichelle went with the flow. Tavin, on the other hand, was 5'4, with a milk chocolate skin and a curvy body. Tavin was uptight and kept to herself. She didn't allow herself to have any fun, subjecting herself to 12 hour days, killing any chances at a social life. Tavin was a neat freak and organization was important to her. Her job as an accountant placed her in her element. She could control numbers and she felt safe. She only showed her true personality to her closest friends.

Tavin thought as she watched Nichelle eat. She was not trying to be a bitch, but this entire situation was not cool. She could handle him for a few hours at dinner or a party, but two whole days! Life just was not fair.

Tavin cleared her throat and spoke. "Okay, I have an idea. Why don't you let Kalise be your maid of honor? She's your sister, so traditionally, she should be the logical choice. I wouldn't be hurt, I promise. Just reduce me to standard bridesmaid status and it will be all good." Kalise was Nichelle's younger sister and a real wild girl.

"Kalise can’t be Shelley's maid of honor. Kalise is not responsible enough and you know that. That girl would not show up or something," Liza replied.

"Ok, then why don't you do it?" Tavin asked Liza.

"Because she didn't ask me, she asked you, her girl for the past 18 years. I've only been here 8, and that gives you seniority. Besides, it's too late to order another dress. The wedding is in a few weeks," Liza stated matter of factly, with a smile.

"Fee?," Tavin asked. Nichelle shook her head no.

"The hostess?" Tavin asked.

"No to her, too. Tavy, you are my girl. We always said that if we ever got married, we would choose each other as the maid of honor. I need you, girl. You've helped me so much with the wedding plans and I can't go the distance without you. You are a bright, generous, caring woman with a huge heart. Surely you can be the bigger person and deal with Cameron for a few days. I never understood why you two don't get along anyway. Cameron's cool. He's not a bad guy," Nichelle replied.

Tavin snorted with a defiant look on her face. "See, that's what I love about you Shelly. You see good in everyone. You don't see evil. I am a cynic and I know what evil is. Evil is 6'2 with dark brown hair and green eyes..."

"And a body that's out of this world," Liza replied, taking a bite from her omelet, with a sneaky grin on her face.

"What? Come on, don't tell me you two haven't noticed that chest and that ass. The boy is hot, always has been," Liza said. Nichelle and Tavin had to agree.

"Yeah, he is fine," Nichelle replied and Tavin shook her head in agreement. Tavin looked at Liza and popped her on the elbow.

"See, you interrupted my rant. Anyway, evil is fine, with money coming out of his ass. Cameron Caldwell has been a pain in my ass for the last eight years, thanks to you and Donovan. Ever since we met Donovan, Nicholas, Trey, Fee, Liza and the asshole, our lives have not been the same. I'm not saying that in a bad way, because I love them. But, Cameron gets on my last nerve. It's like he makes it his duty to get me angry. That damn Cameron is like a boil on the butt of humanity. He needs to be lanced," Tavin stated harshly.

"Ouch. That was a little harsh, don't you think, Tav. Cameron's cool, sweetie. You need to give him a break. But, if you two got along, what would we do for comic relief," Liza replied with a smile. Nichelle shook her head at Liza.

"I'll give him a break alright.....by breaking his nose," Tavin replied.

Nichelle laughed. "Damn, Tavy. Sometimes you really scare me, girl. But seriously, Cameron is not evil. I know you don't like him. But, please, for me, for the pursuit of a beautiful wedding, be nice. Hold your tongue for a few days. Can you do that, please, for me? I'm begging you, Tavin Giselle Wilson," Nichelle pleaded.

"I'm sure she could. Tavin's a trooper," Liza said in funny voice.

Tavin rolled her eyes at Liza and sighed, as she looked into Nichelle's big brown eyes. Nichelle was always there for her, anytime, day or night. The least she could do was grant Nichelle's request. She would be polite and cordial to Cameron, but she was not sure she would be able to keep that promise too long. He always said something or did something that rubbed her the wrong way. Cameron made it a point to get on her last nerve every time he was in her presence and she detested him immensely. She would give him his props. He was gorgeous. sexy as sin, and charming...but the charm didn't work on Tavin. Cameron was smart and made a great living as an investment banker on Wall Street. She tried to get along with Cameron in the past, but whenever they were in the same room, he would say something that would make fire spurt from her ears and she would light into him. He always had a new woman on his arm and she never knew him to commit to any relationship longer than a month. She despised Cameron Calwell. However, she would try her damndest to make sure that her girl's wedding was a success. That was the least she could do for Nichelle, considering all the things Nichelle and her family had done for her.

"You had to use my whole name to persuade me, huh?" Tavin asked.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures, Tav," Nichelle replied with a grin on her face.

"You know I got your back, Shelley. I will be cordial, but I'm warning you, if he works my nerves too bad, I cannot be held responsible for my actions. Besides, I can't fault you too much. You just found out that Donovan chose Cameron as his best man," Tavin stated matter of factly and sipped on her mimosa. Nichelle looked away and Liza almost choked on the piece of cantelope she was chewing. Nichelle patted Liza on the back.

"You alright, Li?" Nichelle asked. Liza sipped some water.

"Yeah, but in a few seconds, you may not be," Liza said, looking at Tavin. Tavin looked at them and asked, "What?"

"That's not really true. When Donovan proposed, six months ago, he called Cameron the same day and asked him to be his best man," Nichelle replied, closing her eyes. Tavin stopped sipping her drink and stared at her best friend, who still had her eyes closed.

"Here it goes," Liza replied, waiting for Tavin's outburst.

"You heifer!! You knew about this six months ago and didn't say anything. You had me thinking Donovan was feeling guilty about which one to choose," Tavin replied heatedly. Nichelle opened her eyes.

"He was troubled...for a few minutes. He asked Cameron because they are closer to one another. Trey and Nicholas are his best friends too, but Cameron and Donovan are like brothers. So, the choice wasn't that bad, I just exaggerated a bit." Nichelle said. Tavin didn't speak for a few minutes, then she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Great, I'm stuck with Cameron for two damn days. You know what, I'm not going to get angry, but you owe me....big time!! I want shoes, a new handbag, a day at the spa, something good, to cancel out you putting me with that asshole," Tavin replied.

"I'm impressed, Tav. You didn't really pitch a bitch," Liza replied.

"Yeah, well, don't get too excited, Liza. The wedding ain't here yet, and I'm dead serious. YOU OWE ME," Tavin stated to Nichelle, pointing her finger at her.

"You got that, girl. I love you, Tavy," Nichelle said.

"Yeah, I must love your ass to do this," Tavin replied.

"Yeah, but you may not love me after I ask you to do this," Nichelle replied with a smile. Tavin squinted her eyes, an evil expression crossed her features.

"Yeah, you may kill her," Liza replied.

*********************************************************

"I bet Tavin probably popped a vessel when she found out that Cameron was your best man, D," Trey Miller replied, his light brown eyes twinkling at Cameron.

The four musketeers, as they were called--Donovan Tarrington, Trey Miller, Nicholas Whitmore and Cameron Caldwell--met in junior high, attended the same high school and followed each other to Georgetown University where they met Nichelle, Tavin, Liza and Felicia. They were all native New Yorkers with money. They were shooting pool in downtown Manhattan, their weekly Friday night ritual.

"She needs to pop something, with her anal ass," Cameron replied, thinking about Tavin Wilson, who was too uptight for her own good.

"Tavin is my girl, but she is way uptight. Cam, you really need to stop starting shit with her," Donovan replied, his hazel eyes on Cameron, as he took his shot.

Cameron held the cue stick and wrapped the tip of the stick with both hands. Tavin Wilson never liked him. He had no clue as to why Tavin disliked him, which was disconcerting on all levels, because, all women liked him. At first, he thought she was gay, because he never saw her with men, but then he realized that she just didn't like him. She was one of the most serious women he had ever met. In his opinion, Tavin really needed to lighten up.

"Whateva'. Listen, I'm going to be a good boy for the wedding because I know how much this means to you and Shelley. I promise," Cameron replied. Nicholas looked him over and laughed. Donovan missed his next shot and Trey began to set up his shot.

"Yeah, right. You are so full of shit, Cam!" Nicholas exclaimed, watching Donovan and Trey play pool. He and Cameron were next.

"What do you mean by that? I'm serious, I'm going to play nice," Cameron replied, taking a sip from the Heineken in his hand.

"I mean that you know that you love to yank Tavin's chain, whenever you can and you always find some kind of way to do it, whether it's flirting or teasing. I think your ego was bruised because she never fell at your feet like most women do," Nicholas replied and they all laughed, except Cameron, who gave a small grin.

"I can't help it if the ladies love me. I mean, look at me," Cameron replied with his hands out at his sides.

"Conceited much?" Trey asked.

"Not conceited, just honest. I'm hot and I know it...and women know it, too," Cameron replied, still grinning.

"Would you get off your own sack, man?" Donovan asked.

"Well, I got to keep it occupied since your moms finally got off it last night," Cameron replied as they all laughed.

"Yeah, and she told me you probably were shootin' blanks because it's this big," Donovan replied, depicting an inch with his fingers, as they continued to laugh.

"Trust me, I'm not shootin' blanks. You ever took a good look at Shana. She don't look like your dad," Cameron replied as they all laughed. Shana was Donovan's 17 year old sister.

"Fuck you Cam," Donovan replied with a grin.

"I know you really want to, but I don't swing both ways," Cameron replied.

"Ok, but getting back to what I was sayin'. Tavin didn't fall for the tall, dark, handsome charm shit that you usually pull," Nicholas stated.

"What can I say? She doesn't have good taste," Cameron replied.

"Yeah, she does, but you’re not it. I must say, if Tavin let go of that uptight, work-a-holic life that she has been leading, she would probably rock some lucky dude's world," Nicholas replied. They all shook their heads in agreement. Nicholas went to take his shot as Trey and Donovan went back to their drinks on the table.

"Man, she does have one of those coke bottle bodies that doesn't quit, but she always hides it. I mean, she is fine as hell. She's cute, she's smart....", Trey replied as Cameron interrupted him.

"She's a bitch on wheels," Cameron said.

"Only to you, Cam," Donovan replied.

"She's a stuck-up, self-righteous, know-it-all who needs to learn how to not take everything so seriously and...she needs to get laid. I know when a woman is gettin' it on the regular, and that lady is not. Either she is gettin' it and it's not good, or she ain't gettin' it at all. She needs some good sex, bad. If she gets someone who knows how to lay the pipe right, she would unwind real quick. Apparently, she can't keep anyone around long enough to do the job. It's a shame," Cameron stated, thinking about what lucky man would have the honor of softening the uptight bitch that Tavin Wilson was up.

They all looked at him knowingly. They assumed that Cameron had a little thing for Tavin ever since they met the girls who were freshmen, at the Sports Complex on campus their junior year, although he would never admit it.

"She's not stuck-up or self righteous--just a little complex, like most women. You just have to chill out and get to know her. Tavin's tough, but she does have a good heart. She's not a bad person," Nicholas replied. Cameron always thought Nicholas had a thing for Tavin, but he could never confirm it.

"Of course, you don't think anything's wrong with her, right Nick," Cameron said, feeling a twinge of jealousy, not knowing why. He and Tavin had been at war ever since they met, so why would the idea of Nick and Tavin irk him? He didn't know.

"It's not like that between Tavin and I, so don't go there, Cam. Men and women can be friends without being in a physical relationship," Nicholas replied. They all looked at each other and laughed.

"On what planet?" Trey inquired.

"Get the fuck outta here. Are you gay?," Cameron asked Nicholas.

"Yeah, Nick, you're reachin'," Donovan replied.

"Well, I ain't gay, but we are friends with four women....," Nicholas replied before Trey interrupted him.

"I used to date Liza," Trey said.

"I'm marrying Nichelle," Donovan replied.

"And you and Felicia got some friends with benefits shit going on. I'm the only one that didn't get any from any of them," Cameron stated as they all stared at Nicholas, who laughed.

"Shit, whateva'. The point is, we're all friends. I'm not saying that she's the easiest person to get to know, because she's pretty serious and she makes it hard, but I get Tavin. She's not perfect, no one is, but she's alright. You need to stop pushing her buttons every time you see her," Nicholas said.

"Well, I've been trying to get to know her for eight years. If I haven't gotten to know her all this time, it ain't gonna happen now," Cameron replied as he set up to take his shot. He took his shot, sinking two balls and set up the next shot as Donovan spoke.

"No, you've been hittin' on her and pissin' her her off for eight years. I've been telling you for years, chill out, but no. You go in for the kill every time," Donovan answered. Cameron smiled at Donovan.

"It's what I do," Cameron replied, as he missed his next shot. Nicholas set up to take his shot.

"At work, Cameron, that's what you are supposed to do, not everytime you are around Tavin. Do I really have your word that you are going to be on your best behavior, because my sexy little fiancee' will be angry if you are not. That turns into me not gettin'any, and I am not a happy man when I'm on sex lockdown. If I can't get in where I fit in, I'm going to kick your ass. Do we understand each other?" Donovan asked, staring at Cameron with a serious look in his hazel eyes, all the while smiling.

"Yeah, I'll behave....for you and Shelly...but I'm warning you, if she takes out a voodoo doll or something, all bets are off," Cameron replied, taking his shot.

"This is going to be interesting, to say the least," Nicholas replied, with a smile, sipping his beer.