Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 11

Three months later...

Brianna

Drama…I hate drama, but lately, my life has been filled with the crap. I’ll tell you all about my drama filled life in a few.

I had just got off the phone with Simmy who was pretending to be unaffected by her and Jackson’s break-up.

You want to know what happened? This office slut tried to get with Jackson, basically tried to rape him and he kept it from Simmy. Simmy caught said slut all over Jackson trying to give him a blowjob. Simmy kicked said office slut’s ass, punched Jackson and then broke up with him. Jackson didn’t sleep with the skank, but he didn’t do enough to let her know that he was taken. So in short, she’s miserable, he’s miserable and they’re making us miserable. Men are idiots.

And then…it gets better.

It was a few days after Valentine’s Day and I was still floating. Seth sent me a bouquet of roses in different colors every hour until he saw me. He took me to this great restaurant, and afterwards we parked in Lowenstein Park, and made out in his truck like kids. Seth brought me the prettiest bracelet, and he made love to me all night long…and most of the next morning. It was so wonderful, I thought as I walked into Seth’s house, using my key. The patio door was open and I heard, “Dude, just get on your knees and beg her to come back to you…do something and quick...because you’re really annoying.”

Jackson looked like a hot mess…he was still hot, but he just looked so unlike himself. He was missing Davia bad. I felt sorry for him because I knew he was head over heels in love with Simmy, but he was just stupid. Jackson ran his hand over his hair and said, “I’ve tried that. I’ve tried calling and going to her house and going to her school and she just ignores me. Man, I need her, Seth. I got shit faced for Valentine’s Day and I thought about what I wanted to do and…shit…we missed our first Valentine’s Day, man. I don't want Marayna...I handled the situation and she's not going to bother us again...I just want my baby back, man.”

“I know you feel like shit, J, but you two love each other. She just needs some time to cool off,” Seth replied.

“She’s been cooling off for months now. What the fuck was I thinking, especially listening to you. If I wouldn’t have listened to your ass and told her immediately about Marayna kissing me in the elevator, she would have been pissed, but not this angry. I must have caught an accidental high the day you told me not to tell her,” Jackson said and I walked over to the patio and opened the door.

“What the fuck did he just say?” I asked as my eyes narrowed at Seth, placing my hands on both hips. Both Seth and Jackson gave me that oh shit look.

“Caramel, I thought I was helping…,” Seth began as Jackson just walked away from the patio, muttering, “Gee…fucking thanks. Hey Bree…bye Bree,” and walked out of the condo. I turned my head back to Seth.

“What the hell do you mean? Did you tell him to keep that elevator kiss from Simmy?” I asked.

“Yeah, I told him not to tell her, but who knew he would take my advice? I’m a fuckin’ prick, baby,” Seth said.

“It’s so good that you know yourself, Seth,” I said as he continued.

“Besides, Jackson didn’t initiate the kiss and he didn’t sleep with that chick. I just figured that Davia didn’t need to know because it would cause her unnecessary hurt and every time she was away from him or not with him, she’d be clocking him and…I figured it would just mess up the good thing that they had. I didn’t know the dufus was going to keep it away from her, then tell her and then she was going to dump him,” Seth replied as I stared at him.

“How in the hell could you do that?” I asked.

“I thought that it would only cause trouble and it did,” he said. I laughed.

“So, you’re telling me that if one of these hoes that we keep running into sucked your dick, you wouldn’t tell me because you would want to keep me from being hurt?” I asked incredulously. Seth was such an asshole.

Oh, yeah…on top of this little drama, we ran into Seth’s previous conquests often and at first, it didn’t bother me, but now every time one of those little hoochies smiled and flitted their little fingers to wave at him, I wanted to punch them. He truly has hoes in different area codes. I’ll get back to that later. Let me finish lighting into his ass about his shitty “Dear Abe” advice.

“No, I’m saying it wouldn’t get that far because I don’t want them. I want you, only you,” Seth said. He walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulders, but I pulled away.

“I thought we talked about being honest with one another?” I asked.

“Bree, I’ve been honest with you. I haven’t hidden anything from you. When those women that I used to bone step to us, I don’t hide it and I let them know that you’re my woman. I am being honest with you and if that happened I would tell you,” he said.

“Then why in the hell would you tell Jackson not to tell Simmy? I know that you were trying to give him advice and trying to help him, but baby, you’re new to the love game. I just don’t get it…Okay…what if I told you that 2 weeks ago when I went out with Simmy and Megan, some guy kept flirting with me at the club and I let him go down on me in the bathroom. How would you feel?” I asked, watching his jaw clench.

“I’d feel like I wish you wouldn’t have told me and I’d be pissed. That’s my pussy, baby. How could you let someone else taste it?” he asked. Okay, I know I'm supposed to be pissed off and shit, but the way he said that and the way he looked at me when he said it...damn. I got moist...really moist.

Okay, Bree...focus on the anger...feel it, channel it...no thinking about him sliding in and out of you...how good it feels, how he hits that spot and goes so deep that I don't know where he ends or where I begin...ummm.

He has great fuckin' timin'. I'm turned on and pissed off at the same time. Got damn it, Seth. You are a fuckin' prick.

“Just giving you a taste of how it would feel. That didn’t happen, but damn Seth. I’m pissed off with you right now and …oooh! Look, I can’t deal with you right now. I’m going home and don’t you come over or call. I really am disappointed in you, Seth,” I replied, wanting to slap the shit out of him, but I just walked out the door.

I was seething and I had to go to my parent’s house to spend some time with my mom. My father and I were still not speaking and it was getting to me. I’m used to calling the house, and clowning with my dad for 15 minutes before he hands the phone to my mommy. Now, I call and he asks if I’m still with Casper and I would tell him to tell mommy to call me, then I’d hang up. I loved my father and him not accepting Seth was getting to me.

Now, I’m pissed off at Seth because I know he didn’t mean any harm, but that was just stupid…really stupid. Now, I’m wondering if I should trust him or not.

Shit…we take two steps forward to take two steps back…damn.

I need something to drink…a hit of the chronic…something.

As I approached my parent’s house, I took a deep breath to calm myself. I turned off my car, got out, pressed my alarm key and walked up the sidewalk. I opened the door with my key and yelled, “Mommy…I’m here.”

My mother walked out and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back and she stood away to look at me.

“What’s wrong, Bookie?” she asked.

“Men are stupid, mommy,” I said. My mother smiled, then laughed.

“Don’t I know it. But, it’s something you get used to,” she said as she pulled on her jacket.

“I thought you wanted me to come over and spend some time with you?” I asked. My mother waved her hand at me with a grin.

“Girl, you should know when mommy’s bullshittin’ by now. I’m on my way out. Your father’s out back. I’m tired of this crap between you and him. And before you ask, no I’m not staying to referee, but you two need to get this out in the open,” My mother replied, grabbing her purse.

“But mommy…,” I began, but she cut me off with a kiss on my forehead.

“I love you. I’ll see you later,” she said as she walked out the door. I took another deep breath and walked to the backyard to find my daddy cleaning his fishing poles. We used to go fishing at least once a month, but even that’s stopped.

My daddy looked up at me and said, “Hey baby girl.” I sat in the seat next to him.

“Hey daddy. What you know good?” I asked. That’s how we usually greeted each other.

“Nothin’ much. I’m thinkin’ about going to the lake next week,” he said.

I smiled. “That sounds nice.”

“Maybe…you and your boyfriend might want to come with me,” he said quickly not looking at me. I grinned.

“I don’t know if he fishes daddy,” I said.

“Well, if he doesn’t he’ll have to learn. That’s what we do,” he said with a small smile on his face. I leaned over and hugged him around his neck and he dropped his fishing pole and hugged me back.

“I missed you daddy,” I replied. He pulled me away and I kissed him on the cheek. He hugged me once more and whispered, “I missed you too, bookie boo. I’m sorry. I just…I don’t want you to get hurt baby…by him or any other man. Also, a black girl with a white boy in the South is still taboo, baby girl.”

I pulled away and sat back in my chair. I held my father’s hand. “Daddy, I know that, but I love him and he loves me. We’re trying to do what feels right for us. So, will you get to know Seth?”

My father sighed and let out a deep breath. “I’ll try, baby…for you. For you. So where’s he at?”

“At his house…where he will be…until I forgive him. Why are men so stupid, daddy?” I asked as he laughed.

“He messed up, huh?” My father asked.

“Yeah. It was so stupid,” I replied.

“Bookie boo, he’s a man. We’re generally idiots. We do things that just make no damn sense sometimes. We're prone to doing stupid stuff. I’m surprised your mama hasn’t left me because of some of the dumb shit I’ve done over the last 28 years…hell, we just went through it. He ain’t perfect, baby…he never will be. Just think about that. I could tell by looking at him that he was gone over you. You say you love him?" my father asked.

I nodded yes in agreement.

"Then you gotta roll with the punches...the good stuff and the bad...the smart things and the dumb things...and trust me, they're going to be many because the "L" word has been spoken. It's not just somethin' you say, baby girl. It's kind of something you live. You just gotta know what you can live with. Now, look at this new reel I got,” my daddy said as I looked at my daddy's new reel, thinking about what just happened. This is how it went with my daddy and I. We fought, then we made up…usually talking about our next fishing trip…no going into detail about every single thing, just being Brianna and Alphonso Mills…stubborn ass daughter and father. And I liked that...just fine.

***********************************************************
Seth

A week later...

Man, oh man! I’m a fuckin’ idiot. It’s bad enough that she was already a little peeved about running into my conquests, but this shit with Jackson…damn, when I dug a hole, I dug it well.

I’ve missed my baby…all week she’s been avoiding me. Now I know how Jackson feels.

It was bad enough that I was just getting out of the doghouse with Theresa and Camilla walking up to us at the Mavericks game.

I guess I better tell you what happened.

Flashback...Three weeks ago...

“I needed this, Seth. Thanks,” she replied as I hugged her from the back as we stood waiting for our order at the concession line during half-time. She looked incredible in a black, scooped neck long sleeved tee and dirty denim jeans that fit like a glove. Her hair was wavy and down over her shoulders.

“You’re welcome, baby. Do I get a kiss for my good deeds?” I asked, tightening my arms around her waist as she leaned back and placed her soft, beautiful lips on mine. As usual, everything around me ceased to exist when I kissed Brianna. The only thing that's on my mind is her and those lips and the feelings that she evokes in me when our lips meet. We were getting lost in our kiss when I heard…

“Do I get one?” a female voice asked and who do I see but Camilla, looking her usual, sexy self. Why now?

Brianna looked at her like what the fuck did this heifer say?

“You know we don’t get down like that, Camilla,” I said, pulling Brianna tighter to me.

Camilla’s eyes were all over Brianna and Brianna just stared her down.

“No…we never really did. Hi, I’m Camilla,” she said. Brianna nodded to her.

“Brianna,” she said still staring at Camilla.

“So you’re the one that roped Seth Aldridge, huh?” Camilla asked.

“So it seems,” Brianna said. Then Theresa Parker came walking over to Camilla. I forgot that they hung out sometimes. And yeah…I did her too.

“Tee, look who’s here…with his girlfriend,” Camilla said as Theresa grinned at me. She was the same color as Brianna, but taller.

“Hey Aldridge. You have a girlfriend? This really is one for the books. When Cami told me, I couldn’t believe it, but you really do,” Theresa inquired as she and Camilla looked at Brianna and grinned.

“I really do. It was nice seeing you ladies, but we have to go,” I said as I grabbed our food and headed back to the seats.

“More of your bonin’ buddies, huh?” she asked sarcastically and with some attitude. Yeah, she was pissed.

“Bree…,” I said.

“I don’t wanna get into this. The game’s starting again,” she said and I just shut up and watched the game.

Later, she asked me to bring her home…not to my place like usual, but home.

“I’m really tired, Seth. I’ll see you later,” she said as I made my way into her apartment.

“You’re not getting rid of me that easily, Bree. I don’t want them…I don’t need them. I need you, baby. I love you. I made my choice…it’s you,” I said.

“I’m just tired of seeing these women everywhere we go…the grocery store, out clubbing, eating dinner…I’m sick of it. So how do you know Hola Falana and her sidekick?” she asked as she plopped down on her sofa. I kneeled in front of her as she held her face in her hands. I placed my hands gently on her thighs. I pulled her hands from her face as she stared into my eyes.

“She works in PR at the firm and Theresa…I don’t know what the hell she does and I don’t care. Bree, I’m sorry. I guess I didn’t think about it affecting us. I mean, they were never girlfriends…it was never serious,” I said.

“Yeah, but they had you…the way that I do…and it pisses me off,” Brianna stated. I sighed and kissed her hands.

“No, baby…they never had me the way that you do. I never had 3 hour conversations with them. I never touched them the way that I touch you, or kissed them the way that I kiss you or cared about them the way that I care about you. Brianna...you’re the only woman I’ve ever made love to…the only woman that’s ever had my heart. Look, once the newness of me being in a relationship wears off, they’ll get the hint and leave me alone when they see us together. They’re only doing it because they’re jealous. What did I tell you? You’re mine and I’m yours…only yours…and I mean that,” I said as I went to her CD’s and found what I was looking for. I gave the CD to her and she smiled.

“You remember this?” I asked.

“Yeah…I started whiggin’ out after we decided to see each other and told you that I didn’t think it was a good idea. Then, you give me this CD with two songs on it…”Gigolos get Lonely too” and “I Might”. You told me to play them, but concentrate on the lyrics to “I Might” and I did and I melted…I knew that I had to give us a chance,” she said with a small smile. I took the CD and pressed 2 and the music to “I Might” began to play through the apartment.

“Why don’t you listen again? Come on…dance with me, beautiful and get it through your head that things like this are gonna happen…but I still want you…only you,” I emphasized as I pulled her hands into mine and danced to the song.

I Might lyrics

Hey, how you doing
Can I have a little time
You lookin’ too good for me to let you walk on by, yeah yeah
Yeah babe, I’m persuing and I hope that you don’t mind
Cause you got a lot of something hard to find

I wanna know what’s going on behind your smile
And if its cool with you can we just talk awhile
Looking at you I know what’s missing in my life, baby
So before I let you go, girl I need to know

Male singer: Can I just call you-- female singer (alright)
Can you just spend some time---female singer (I might)
Can I get to know you—female singer (I might if its you)
Baby do you feel me---female singer (I do)
I think we got chemistry ---female singer (That’s true)
Girl we may can do some things –female singer ( I might if its you)

Female singer: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah…oh baby, babe I just might

Girl I’m insane
I’m going through it
Ever since you caught my eye
But the attraction is more than physical babe
But I’d spend the day to explore ever corner of your mind
Cause I want to stimulate your intellectual

Cause every secret of your heart I’m trying to find
Cause I wanna know the mystery that makes you mine
I don’t wanna rush you girl I got nothing but time
So could you let someone like me be the one in your life

Can I just call you—female singer (alright)
Can you just spend some time—female singer (I might)
Can I get to know you—female singer (I might if its you)
Baby do you feel me—female singer (I do)
I think we got chemistry—female singer (That’s true)
Girl we may can do some things—female singer ( I might if its you)

Can I just call you—female singer (alright)
Can you just spend some time—female singer (I might)
I wanna get to know you girl—female singer (I might if its you, baby baby)
Baby do you feel me—female singer (I do)
We got a little chemistry—female singer (That’s true)
Maybe we can do some things—female singer ( I might if its you)

Female singer
I think I might give you a little time
Something inside tells me to, yeah
And maybe you’re right
There’s something that’s in your eyes
Making me feel like you do

Can I just call you--female singer (alright)
Can you just spend some time—female singer (I might)
Can I get to know you—female singer (I might if its you)
Baby do you feel me—female singer (I do)
I think we got chemistry—female singer (That’s true)
Girl we may can do some things—female singer ( I might if its you)

Can I just call you—female singer (alright)
Can you just spend some time—female singer (I might)
I wanna get to know you girl—female singer (I might if its you, baby baby)
Baby do you feel me—female singer (I do)
We got a little chemistry—female singer (That’s true)
Maybe we can do some things—female singer ( I might if its you)


After the song ended, I realized that we were just holding each other, swaying to nothingness. I kissed her on the top of her head. Her head was laying against my chest and she was so close and she smelled so good...she felt so good.

“I love that song…,” she whispered.

I grinned. “I know.”

“And I love you,” she whispered.

“I know that, too,” I replied.

“It is what it is…I’ll get over it. Besides, they don’t have nothin’ on me anyway,” she said as I smiled.

“That’s right, baby. They don’t. I’m sorry we’re going through this shit. I just want to love you without bullshit,” I whispered.

“But that’s life, Seth. We have to deal with things and I’ll deal with this, but first,” she whispered as she leaned up and I met her lips in a soft kiss. The kiss began to get deeper and her legs began to climb mine as I picked her up, holding her up by that luscious ass. Brianna wrapped her legs tightly around my waist and moaned as we kissed. After the kiss, I just hugged her to me and she hugged me back. She gave me a kiss on my cheek and sighed. She looked into my eyes and I looked into those beautiful brown ones of hers as I continued to hold her in my arms. Her arms wrapped tighter around my neck.

“Have a little faith in me, baby…that’s all I ask,” I whispered as she smiled.

“I do, baby…I do,” she whispered as we just stared at each other. I slowly met her lips once more and we kissed again, slowly, deeply, enjoying the feel of our lips against the others.

Present day...Seth's fuck up week

Now, I’m back in the shithouse. Am I the stupidest muthafucka around or what?