Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 15

Seth

Four months later

I feel like shit. I am a shit. A complete shit. I lost the best thing that ever happened to me behind some stray ass. I didn’t want to hurt her…please understand that. I didn’t want to break her heart, but I did. I think I knew that I would mess up but, the marriage stuff kind of took me to the edge and I said fuck it, and I did. I fucked Camilla, several times and the thing about it is…it wasn’t worth it. It really wasn’t worth it.

I’ve never been busted by a woman and I prided myself on that fact, but when Brianna walked in and saw Camilla riding me, the look on her face…surprise, shock, anger, hurt…was something I wasn’t ready for. When I went to her house afterwards, she looked like I sucked the life out of her. She didn’t look like my Brianna…happy, lively, sweet. She looked pissed and when she punched me in the jaw and told me to fuck off, I knew she wasn’t my Brianna anymore. I made her sad, I made her hard, and for that I will always be sorry.

I found myself thinking about her all the time, and having flashbacks of how we made love, how we just laid around talking…stuff that meant everything to me. I close my eyes and I think about her, I sleep and I dream about her. I wake up and I have visions of her. I still love her and I fuckin’ miss her so much! I was such a damn fool.

I kind of avoided everyone. I went to work and came home. I never knew what vandalism was before, but I do now. My tires have been flattened twice, all my car windows were broken and my car was egged. To say that Brianna and her friends were pissed was an understatement. I was ticked off about it, but I deserved it. I deserved everything that happened, including Brianna returning my stuff to me cut up and doused with bleach on my porch. I knew that I hurt her. This was just her way to get it out.

Word on the street was that Davia, Falene, Meagan and Dion wanted to jump me, beat me to a pulp, hang me by my toes and whip me (and not in the freaky, enjoyable way either) and spray me with lemon juice. Jackson, who basically tore me a new asshole, informed me of this and suggested that I not come to his house for awhile…especially with Davia having an itchy trigger finger and easy access to knives.

No…I wouldn’t be visiting them for a minute. I may be stupid, but I’m not that stupid.

Oh, and Brianna’s father paid me a visit…yeah, my black eye is finally gone. I deserved that ass whooping, too. And the hurt that I feel…like someone stuck a dagger in my chest…this is something that I’ve never experienced. So this is what it’s like to have heartache. Damn…this hurts like a son-of-a-bitch. I don’t have my Brianna anymore and it’s all my fault…all my fault.

I hadn’t talked to my mother because I’m sure she knew. She called, but I didn’t return her calls. She loved Brianna and well, I was ashamed of what I did and guilty.

And that’s why I’m walking into my mother’s house, sitting down on the sofa and watching the woman who brought me into this world throw daggers at me with her eyes.

“Hey ma,” I said as she sat in a chair away from me.

“Hey, Seth. You want something to eat?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I replied as I walked to the kitchen. Once I made it there, my mother hauled off and slapped the shit out of me…twice.

Man, I thought I was done getting my ass kicked, but I guess not.

“That was for what you did to Brianna and for being a stupid asshole! All I can say is…I can’t believe you…I can’t. I didn’t raise my sons to whore around, but look at you. You still can’t keep it in your pants. Damn it, Seth! Do you have any idea how much you hurt that girl? How much of her trust you lost?” she asked.

“Ma…I didn’t mean to hurt her,” I said truthfully.

“No…you just slept with the office slut while you were in a relationship with a great girl. That’s all,” My mother said.

“I was scared, Ma! I mean, the marriage stuff was getting to me and we weren’t talking or hanging out like we used to. Then she starts working with that Conrad dude…no matter what she said, she was interested in him and he was gunning for her. Everything was feeling forced. It was like we were just going through the motions and I needed out,” I replied.

My mother fixed me a plate of smothered pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beens and potato salad and slid it to me along with a glass of apple juice and gave me a look so sinister, I was afraid to eat it. Then, she took one of those slow, long, deep breaths…the ones that scare the shit out of me because it’s usually when she’s about to go off and then…

“YOU NEEDED OUT?! You could have just told her that you needed space, Seth. You don’t sleep with other women!! You didn’t think to talk to her?” my mama asked.

“I TRIED talking to her. She wasn’t listening. I just slipped and…,” I said as I began to eat. My mother narrowed her eyes at me and didn’t say anything for a few minutes as she washed a few dishes that were in the sink. As I ate, she shook her head and tapped her left foot constantly. She was mad…really mad. Then, she exploded again.

“You just slipped…you just slipped?!! How did you JUST SLIP your pecker into that whore Camilla? You didn’t just slip, Seth! You figured you could do it and Brianna wouldn’t find out and you used all of the things that were going wrong in your relationship to justify having sex with that woman! That’s what you did! For a minute, I thought that you had changed…that you were tired of chasing ass and that you were truly becoming a man because you loved Brianna…,” my mother began, but I sipped my drink and interrupted her.

“I do love her, ma…I do love her!” I exclaimed.

My mother just looked at me with her head tilted and just slowly shook it. “How can you say that you love that girl when you did the one thing that would hurt her more than anything and break the trust she had in you?! I’m so disappointed in you, baby boy. I’ve always taught you and your brother to respect women and to behave like gentlemen…but you do just the opposite. You need help, Seth…you really do!”

I thought about what my mother said and she was right. I did have lots of issues…things that I just brushed off, but now looking at what I did for no good reason…yeah, I had some shit with me.

“I just want to say that I’m sorry for disappointing you…,” I began as she looked at me.

“Don’t you apologize to me! Apologize to Brianna!” my mother yelled. Then, I kind of broke down. I was hurting and I had caused so much hurt…I just broke down.

“I tried but she won’t answer my calls, she won’t let me see her at the studio. It’s like she hates me and the last thing I wanted was for her to hate me! I miss her so much, Ma. It’s like a piece of me died and I know I’m the reason for all of this. I’m so sorry…so sorry for what I did! I didn’t want to hurt her or lose her…I still love her. I’ll always love her, Ma! I feel so bad about the way I just threw what we had away…the look in her eye. I didn’t think it would hurt so bad…I’ve never felt like this before and I’m sorry! I just…I messed up and I don’t know how to fix it. I don’t know what to do,” I replied loudly and a tear escaped from my eye. My mother just looked at me in shame.

“You can’t fix it. That girl is through with you. You really put your foot in the shit, Seth. You said you feel bad? Think of how she felt when she walked in on the guy that she loved having sex with another woman…put yourself in her shoes for a minute. What if you would have caught her with Conrad? I see by the way your face is turning up that you finally fuckin’ get it! That’s how she felt…that’s what you did to her. Talking about you're hurt and you’re in pain…that’s horseshit! You weren’t in pain when you were sleeping with that floozy. Now just deal with all the hurt…deal with it. You two are just candidates for the Dr. Phil Show, I tell you. Yeah…I talked to her too. See, Brianna had a hand in this as well. You two were just running off of pure adrenaline where this relationship was concerned. She got so wrapped up in that wedding stuff and tried to change you into what she thought you should be that you just did what you always do and that’s be a dog. I told her, you can’t change anyone…they have to want to change for themselves and Seth, you weren’t ready to completely change for her. I don’t think that child is ever going to forgive you. So deal with all the bullshit that you caused. Deal with the fact that you can’t visit your brother at his house because his wife may do you bodily harm. Deal with the fact that your mother doesn’t want to look at you right now. Deal with the fact that you lost the best thing that ever happened to you…probably for good. You were wrong…dead wrong. Now deal with the consequences. Lord, guide me and give me the strength to not kill this boy, please,” my mother said as she brushed past me and left me in the kitchen to swim in my own shit.

**********************************************************
Brianna

I’ve been in L.A. for a week, working my ass off with Conrad’s dancers to get ready for this video shoot. The hotel that I was in was absolutely incredible and although I was working like a dog, I was happy. I was glad to be away from home for awhile.

When I talked to Ms. Pat, she apologized for Seth and told me that what I was feeling would take a while to pass, but it would. She really helped me see my part in this. She said that I was in no way responsible for Seth cheating on me…that was just him and his wayward dick, but I tried too hard to change a ho into a housewife and Seth was in his first ever relationship and me bugging him with the marriage issue was just too much. She said that you can’t change anyone…they have to want to change for themselves and you know what? She made some good points, especially when she said, as women, we see this idealized picture of what our significant other should be and we try to mold them into that and make them be what it is that we want, and most of the time, the mold falls off…but we just try to put them back in it and it doesn’t work. She also told me she’s surprised that I haven’t went to Seth’s condo and sliced his dick off in his sleep because if it would have happened to her, that’s what she would have done. That was just too hardcore for me. She said Seth needs to grow up and man up…and losing me will probably do that. I don’t know about all that, and right now I could give a shit. He lost a good thing and if he’s finally realizing it and he’s hurting, well…boo fuckin’ hoo.

Things were really hard that 1st month after we broke up. I basically went Angela Bassett from Waiting to Exhale on everything that he left at my crib. During that first month, I got up…cried. Went to work. Came home. Cried.

The 2nd month, I stopped crying. Okay, so maybe twice a week I would see a picture of him or something, and I would cry. But, I didn’t wake up and cry. That was progress.

The 3rd month…I partied and completely stopped crying. I realized that maybe I needed to be on my own for a while and although I loved Seth, we needed to be apart. Maybe someday we could even be civil, friends even (and I stretch that word because, hell..I saw him screwing another chic…that messed me up). During this month, I worked my ass off, I went out, I had lots of dates, I had fun. I talked to Conrad when he had a minute to breathe and I did I mention I had tons of fun. Yeah, I did…sorry. Slowly, but surely, I was getting better.

Now, I’m at the end of the 4th month of our break-up and L.A. was just what I needed. How am I? I’m okay. We’re not together anymore and you know what? I’m happy. I’m myself again…just a little bit more guarded, but Bree Bree is back. I’m glad, because I missed her.

Anywhoo, the reason I’m in L.A. now is because the video shoot got pushed back a month. But, I’m here, getting Conrad and his dancers through the moves that I came up with and flirting with one of his new, cute as hell dancers named David. David’s a caramel cutie with a nice ass and he’s been all in my grill since I arrived. Asking me for extra help when he knows good and damn well he doesn’t need it. I had to admit, it was cute, but all he wanted was some ass and I wasn’t with that. Not one bit.

Conrad’s been a good friend. When I arrived in L.A., he was there at the airport (dressed in a baseball cap and glasses) to pick me up. It made me feel a lot better to see a familiar face. He made sure I was settled, took me dinner and we just talked about the ideas he had for his tour and stuff like that.

When he found out about what happened between Seth and I, he just listened. He told me he was sorry that I went through that because I didn’t deserve to be treated like that and one day I would meet somebody who was going to make me say Seth who and it was just what I needed to hear. He called me and checked on me, sent me balloons and stuffed animals…stuff like that. He made me realize that men really do stupid shit and he told me that he knew Seth was crazy about me. He could tell. But, the dick makes men act stupid, especially when extra pussy is present. I realized that we both did a fine job of screwing up a good thing and we both needed to grow the hell up…and that’s what I’ve been trying to do, as of late. Have fun, explore my options, expand my horizons…and work my ass off.

“That’s it for today, yall. Go do what ya feel. I’ll see yall back on Monday,” Conrad yelled as we stopped. It was only 12:00pm on a Friday, but we had been working since 7 that morning. The dancers were so excited that they did old school dances as they gathered up their gear. David lingered around and tried to get me to go out with him, but Conrad walked up to him and pushed him away from me with a grin.

“Naw son, you gotta step,” Conrad replied as David looked me over once more, then looked at his boss. I just stood with my hands on my hips and smiled.

“It’s like that, Rad?” David asked referring to Conrad by his nickname. Conrad smiled at him.

“Yep,” Conrad replied as David just laughed and kissed my hand.

“Later, Brianna,” he replied.

“Bye David,” I said then I looked over at Conrad who was smiling at me. I sat on the floor and began to stretch while Conrad stood, leaning against the wall.

“You’re a very considerate boss…giving your dancers the whole weekend off when the video shoot is Tuesday,” I said.

“I try to be. Besides, they’ve got it. We’re just fine tuning it right now and they’ve never let me down before, so I said…what the hell. It’s a beautiful day…why practice when we don’t have to?” Conrad asked as I grinned.

“I feel you. The second 8 count steps aren’t too intricate are they?” I asked.

“Naw…just have to stay with the timing, that’s all. It’s all good. This choreography has a lot staggered, exaggerated hand movements in it,” Conrad stated as I pulled my legs together and stretched, clutching my toes in my hand.

“Yeah…I wanted more hand movements because of the beat of the drums and the piano and the bass. I mean, if you want to take them out, it’ll still be good,” I said as my head rested on my knees, feeling the stretch along the backs of my calves and thighs, as well as my lower back.

Conrad replied, “No, I want to keep it in. It’s hot. I like it. It’s different. Don’t change nothin’.”

I pulled up out of my stretch slowly and smiled. “Good. So, was that really necessary.”

Conrad had the cutest, innocent expression on his face. “What?”

“You telling David to step off. He was just flirting. I know what that boy wants…a taste and he’s not going to get it,” I said as I slowly stood up. Conrad walked slowly and stood in front of me.

“Didn’t look like you knew what he wanted to me. Besides I’m not…naw forget it,” he said as he picked up his stuff and began to walk away.

I picked up my bag and fell into step as we walked out of the studio and towards the parking lot. He had given me a ride today and promised me a ride back to my hotel.

“What were you going to say?” I asked as he looked at me sideways as we walked.

“Brianna…you think that I’m just gonna let some other cat come in and try to get your time when I’m here waitin’ on it? Not gonna happen…especially if I’m writing the checks,” Conrad said as I grinned.

“So…you’re jealous?” I asked as we approached his black Escalade pick-up. He pressed the unlock button on his keybag and opened my door. He grabbed my bag and put in the backseat, then tossed his beside it. He waited until I was in the passenger seat, closed my door then walked around to the driver’s seat. He got in, answered his cell phone, spoke for about 3 minutes, told me sorry, then started the vehicle, heading out of the parking lot and onto the street.

He looked over at me as he drove, with his seat back and one arm on the steering wheel. “No…I’m not jealous. Just curious as to why you would even give a clown like that the time of day.”

I looked at him and said, “Not only is he one of your dancers, but he’s one of your boys. Why would you say that about him?”

“Because I know Dave and it’s the truth. Dave is always on the prowl for pussy and you were his next target, and I wasn’t going to let that go down. Wait, hold on one minute. Yeah,” Conrad replied as he drove and answered his cell, his eyes on the road. He spoke to this person for about 6 minutes and got off the phone.

“My bad, Bree. It’s like they can sniff when I have some free time. But, what were you going to say?”

I smiled lightly. “I was going to say that I can take care of myself, Conrad.”

“I know that, but you’ve been through some shit and you messing around with a guy that’s like your ex ain’t the way to go. Besides…if you were gonna give anyone the time of day, it’s gonna be me,” Conrad said as I laughed at him. He had that sexy grin on his face and I just laughed.

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah. I mean, you’re here in L.A…let me make good on my promise and show you the town…as a friend. I know you’re not trying to get down like that and neither am I. I just want to make sure you have some fun. And later, there’s this club that one of my good friends is performing at…why don’t you come with me?” Conrad asked as I sighed.

Hell, I wasn’t going to say no. I was free as a bird and I needed some fun. “Okay, what time are we going to meet up with everyone?”

Conrad laughed. “We’re not. This day is for you and me…just us. You okay with that?” he asked as he pulled up to my hotel minutes later.

I smiled at him. “Yeah, that’s cool.”

“So, Ima go to the crib, change my clothes and I’ll see you in an hour…alright?” Conrad asked as I hopped out of the truck. The doorman assisted me as Conrad handed my bag to me. I closed Conrad’s door and smiled.

“Alright. Bye,” I said as I walked into my hotel to the elevator to go to my room to get ready for my day with Conrad.

I threw on a pink tube top and khaki short shorts and some khaki colored Converse and spent the day with Conrad Tate. Of course, he had a hat and sunglasses on and his bodyguards were there, but not all over us. He was good at being incognito and it was fun to see this side of him…not the singer, dancer, producer, writer, actor, but the real Conrad. We talked about all kinds of things, one in particular, his penchant for black women. We were sitting outside on the patio eating a late lunch when I just decided to ask him something that had been plaguing me.

“So…why do you just date black women?” I asked. Conrad took a sip of his lemonade and smiled.

“I knew that was coming,” he said smiling.

“If you don’t want to answer, that’s cool,” I said.

“Naw…it’s alright. Because…it’s my preference. I mean, they got cats that only like blondes, girls with big boobs, girls with long hair, whatever. I’ve dated other races, but I’ve basically only been in relationships with black women. I mean, I grew up in this really diverse neighborhood, where everybody dated everybody…it didn’t matter what race. I was mostly attracted to sistas and that’s what I dated. We had a lot in common and I dig their sexy…that’s all,” he said.

“Oh…okay,” I said as he grinned at me.

“Anything else?” he asked as he leaned on his elbows and looked at me across the table.

“When was the last time you had a girlfriend?” I asked as he sat back and laughed.

“You’re a nosy little thing, huh?” Conrad asked.

“Yeah…you don’t have to answer…,” I began but he cut me off.

“It’s not that deep, ma. I guess I can tell you because you’re hella cute and all, so, um…about a year and a half ago. Yeah. I mean, I’ve been casually dating as of late, but my last real deal thing was about a year and a half ago,” Conrad replied.

I was kind of reeling from the fact that he called me cute. “I didn’t see you out a lot…who was it?”

“You know Nia Lincoln?” he asked.

“The really pretty, dark skinned VJ that used to be on MTV, turned actress?” I asked.

“That’s the one,” he said.

“Wow…what happened?” I asked.

“The usual…boy meets girl…girl and boy fall for each other…girl and boy grow apart…that’s all,” Conrad said.

“It had to be more than that,” I replied.

Conrad sighed, then said, “She was getting real busy with her career and I was about to go on tour again. She didn’t think a long distance, no seeing each other for months at a time relationship would work, so we parted ways. That’s all,” Conrad said as I looked into his eyes. He seemed like it wasn’t his best thing to talk about. You could tell that he had real feelings for her, so I just said…

“I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to get all up in your Kool-Aid,” I said.

Conrad grinned at me. “Yes, you did. But it’s cool. I mean, I really cared about her, but things happen. It is what it is…you know.”

Yeah, I knew all too well.

Conrad looked at his watch and said, “I had fun today.”

I smiled at him. “Me too.”

“You still down to go out with me tonight?” Conrad asked.

“Yeah…I’m down. What time?” I asked.

“The show doesn’t start until 10, but I want to get there for 9 and holla at my man. That cool with you?” Conrad asked.

“Sure,” I said as we finished eating. It was about 4 when he dropped me off, so I decided to take a hot shower and a nap before I my evening. When I woke up, I was ready for the night. I flat-ironed my hair so that it could have that sleek, s.exy look. I wanted to look s.exy, so I threw on my black, fitted, corset blouse with the millions of buttons and a low rise, short, flirty, pleated black skirt. Red heels completed the look and when I finished my make-up, I did a double take. I looked fine as hell. I turned and twisted my body, looking at myself in the mirror at every angle when I heard a knock at my hotel door. I sprayed a light, fruity, musky perfume on my neck, my knees and my wrists and opened my hotel door.

When I tell you that Conrad Tate is a sexy muthafucka…whew. He had on a white t-shirt, a dark brown leather jacket, dark blue jeans, this hot ass dark brown belt and white sneakers. He slowly looked me over and smiled.

“Damn, Bree…you're fine as hell! Is all of this for me?” he asked. I closed my door and he pulled my left hand in his right. I felt this tingly feeling and I was kind of shocked because he’s never held my hand before.

Shiiit…I may never wash that hand again.

“No, it’s for me. I don’t dress to impress men anymore…just myself,” I said as he larger hand gripped my smaller one.

“I hear you, sweetheart. You just look…good. Damn good,” he replied as he looked me over as we walked to the elevator. Conrad pulled on his aviator Gucci sunglasses. Damn, the man was fine I thought as I looked him over once more.

“Thank you…so do you,” I replied as we waited for the elevator. We boarded, got off, walked out of hotel and into a sleek, black limousine. I slid in first and Conrad slid in next to me. We began to drive off and I caught him staring at my legs. I decided to play it off and ask about our destination.

“So…who are we going see?” I asked. His arm went around the back of the seat as he gave me that panty dropping grin.

“Uh huh, nosey…you’re just gonna have to wait and see. Don’t you like surprises?” Conrad asked.

“Not really…I like knowing what I’m walking into,” I said.

“Huh? That’s good to know. Ima have to remember that,” Conrad replied.

“You do realize that this feels like a date,” I replied as he laughed.

“But we’re just friends. Besides, if it was, you are dating, right? I mean, from what I’ve heard…,” Conrad began.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“Brianna, come on. I got friends, sweetheart. They’ve seen you out at the clubs and out with dudes and they say, ‘I saw your dancer girl at Neon’ or shit like that,” Conrad said with a grin.

“I guess I’m busted, huh?” I said as Conrad scooted closer to me.

“Naw, nothin’ like that. You doing you, ma. That’s what you gotta do,” he said as I fell back into the seat and watched the scenery as we drove.

When we finally arrived at the club, their were paparazzi outside the door. Before we got out, Conrad said, “Just hold your head high, keep holding onto my hand and don’t say anything to them, alright?”

I nodded and as the doorman to the club opened the limo door, Conrad stepped out first, then helped me out, holding my hand. He put his hand on the small of my back, then held my hand tighter as we walked through all the flashing cameras. I heard people yelling his name, but he just waved and walked ahead. Once we were inside, I sighed. That was hectic.

“You alright, sweetheart?” Conrad asked looking at me as we made our way to our seats, which were in this VIP section of the club right near the stage, which was separated from the rest of the club.

“Yeah, I’m cool. How do you deal with that?” I asked.

“It’s hard…I still haven’t gotten used to it. So, you like?” he asked as he held out my chair. I sat down and he sat right next to me.

“It’s nice. Thanks for bringing me,” I said as I stared into his eyes. He stared back and grinned.

“Anytime,” he replied.

“You still didn’t answer my question…is this a date?” I asked as he leaned closer to me, his fingers stroking my chin as he gazed intensely at me. Talk about hot and bothered…whew!

“Yes, it is. Are you alright with that?” Conrad asked, his fingers lazily stroking my chin. Help me Lord, please!

“Yes…it’s cool,” I said as I heard a voice say, “Conrad…what’s up, man?”

Who do I see but none other than Musiq Soulchild dapping Conrad and saying hello to him. He’s kind of short, and he looked good. He smiled at me.

“Is this Brianna?” he asked. How in the hell did he know my name?

“Yeah. This is Musiq, Bree. Bree, Musiq,” Conrad replied.

“How you doing, Bree?” he asked in this s.exy voice.

“I’m fine. Nice to meet you,” I said, still in awe.

“You too. You can dance your ass off, girl,” Musiq replied.

“Gee…thanks,” I said with a grin as they smiled. Gee thanks? How nerdy can you get?

They spoke to each other for a few minutes, then he left to get ready and I slapped Conrad lightly on the arm as he laughed.

“You know how much I love him…how could you be so cruel and not tell me he was performing tonight?” I asked.

“I told you it was a surprise,” he said and the next thing I knew, lights were lowering and being adjusted and the show began. We stood up and danced…well, actually moved from side to side with Conrad in back of me, singing in my ear. Yall just don’t know…I was turned on like you wouldn’t believe…but I wouldn’t go there…I wasn’t ready for that.

After the show, the club was in full swing and I had a drink or two…not to get drunk, but enough to feel right. Don’t ask me how I ended up straddling Conrad’s lap, but I was…he was holding onto my waist and my arms were around his neck.

He grinned up at me. “Having fun?”

“So much fun. Musiq is sooo talented and he’s so damn cool,” I said.

“Yeah he is. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself. Everybody’s been telling me how fine you are and you are, baby…you are. You look so good, Bree. You really don’t have a clue how sexy you are, do you?” Conrad asked as I laughed.

“And that’s what I like about you. Look, I don’t like playin’ games, so I’m just gonna put this out there. I’m feeling you, Brianna…for real. I mean, I know you just got out of something and you need some time, and I wanna give you that. The question is, are you feeling me?” he asked as his hands slowly caressed my lower back.

“Yeah…yeah,” I whispered as he smiled.

“Cool. I’m gonna be out on this promo thing for about 4 months and I don’t want to pressure you, so, maybe when I get back, we can see where this is going. If you're with it, then cool. If not, we’re still friends,” he replied as I smiled. He licked his lips and all I wanted to do was lick them myself.

“I guess that sounds reasonable,” I said as his hands framed my face, gently pulling it down towards his.

“Good,” he whispered and the next thing I knew, Conrad had placed his sexy ass lips on mine and was kissing the shit out of me.

“Umm,” I whispered as I kissed him back. His tongued lightly licked the seam of my mouth and my tongue lept out to meet his. The man could kiss and I found myself enjoying the kiss that he was laying on me. He kept telling me how beautiful I was, and sexy and hell…I felt that way. Especially with the way he kissed me…whew. He smelled good, he felt good and his lips were…incredible. We kissed each other for the rest of the night, and for once, I didn’t give a damn. I didn’t think…I just reacted and Conrad made me feel sexy…desirable…wanted…something that I needed.

I haven’t felt this good in so long…and it felt really good.