Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 22

Seth


Two months later…

Man, this wedding and baby stuff is bananas. Brianna is like a wedding planner on crack. I mean, she said that she wanted to get things done and in about two weeks, we’re going to be getting married. My mama and her mother were so excited and once they met, they became fast friends. They were all like speed freaks the way they attacked this wedding shit. But, I guess when you have access to cash and credit cards and shopping is involved, you can never underestimate the will of a woman.

Oh, and the woman went through a list of 10 Ob-Gyn’s before settling on the right one. We have an appointment today for an ultrasound and I’m pretty syked. Brianna and this pregnancy stuff so far is a mixture of her being sick and incredibly horny, to hungry and cranky, to sleepy and emotional. Also, she’s showing a little bump already, but then again, the woman eats like four men now, so I guess it's to be expected. And yes, when I feel like pulling my fuckin' hair out, I get out of her way and sometimes, high quality alcohol and video games with my brother and friends are involved.

Hey, I had to cope in some sort of fashion with seeing fuckin' sample bouquets and menus and shit. Give me a break.

Truthfully, as much of a rollercoaster ride that this wedding and baby stuff is, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

As I walked into my mother’s house, I was shocked to see that she was home because she’d been helping Davia almost every day since she had the baby. Yes, I’m a proud uncle as of a few months ago. Davia and Jackson had a baby boy named Gabriel Tyler Aldridge, 8 lbs, 8 oz. Even though I said he looked like the old guy on the Quaker Oats canister when he was born, he’s grown on me and I have to admit, he’s a cute little sucker. He’s got this really light tan color with curly, light brown hair and Jackson’s green eyes. He looks just like my brother when he was a baby. I’ve never seen Jackson so excited. I guess when my kid arrived, I’ll have that same stupid grin attached to my face all the time.

“Hey baby boy, give me a minute,” my mother said as she laughed into the phone. I waited for a few minutes and she ended her call. I kissed her on the cheek and she gave me a huge hug.

“Hey mama. I’m surprised you’re home?” I said.

“Oh, Davia had to bring Gabe to his 2 month check-up, so I decided to just come on home. You know I’ll be right back over there first thing tomorrow,” my mother replied with a grin as I nodded in agreement. I knew she would be there because she loved that kid. I saw how she cooed and talked to the baby and I was really glad that my baby would have a great grandmother like her.

“Yes, I know,” I replied.

“How’s Brianna doing? Is she still really sick?” my mother asked.

“Yeah, and it’s the weirdest thing. Her mom said she wasn’t nearly as sick with Brianna, but maybe it’s just different, I don’t know. She finally chose a doctor, so we’ll get to see what’s going on. I hope she’s okay,” I said. Brianna had been home for the last two days because she couldn’t stand for five minutes without needing to hurl. I know women are supposed to go through this, according to my mom and Davia, but I don’t like my baby being sick. It sucks.

“I’m sure she’s going to be fine. She just has a bad case of morning sickness. It was very mild when I carried Jackson, but it was horrible when I carried you. Just depends,” my mother replied.

“Yeah, I guess,” I said.

“Don’t worry too much, honey. She’s healthy and young. She just has to get through this first trimester. So, are you getting excited? I mean, you’re about to be a husband and a daddy really soon. You’re not thinking of running for the hills at the last moment, are you because if you do I’ll hunt you down and hurt you…really bad,” my mother said as I laughed.

“No, you’re going to get your wedding. I’m not going anywhere. I’m…well, I’m happy, mama,” I replied as she grinned at me.

“Really? I mean, you teased your brother mercilessly about his lack of freedom and everything. You’re really excited about all of this?” my mother asked.

I smiled at her before saying, “Yeah, I am. I mean, I tried to do it without her and I just couldn’t. At first, I really didn’t understand what was the big deal about marriage and all that stuff. But, now I know. Brianna’s the only woman that doesn’t take my crap and understands where I’m coming from. She knew I was a dog and she still gave me a chance. I fell for her and now I get to spend the rest of my life with her. It feels good to know that I’m going to be able to have someone who gets me and loves me for all my flaws and all by my side. I mean, the baby was kind of a surprise…,” I said but my mother narrowed her eyes at me and sucked her teeth.

“What?” I asked.

“Boy, who are you trying to fool? You got that girl pregnant as soon as she gave you the all clear to come back to her. I’m your mama. I know how you think,” my mother said as I laughed.

“Okay, maybe I did, but I’m glad. You always told me that everything would begin to make sense to me when I least expected it and as soon as I got my head out of my ass. I just knew that I couldn’t live without her. It was like I finally knew what I wanted and I just went after it, like I always do,” I said.

“More like you were marking your territory,” my replied as I grinned.

“Maybe I was. But, I’m good with everything, so it is what it is. Mama, I’m gonna be a daddy,” I replied as my mother laughed.

“I know and honestly, the thought of you procreating used to scare me shitless, but you’ve grown up so much and you’re not a self absorbed, womanizing, asshole anymore,” my mother said.

“Thanks for the positive, motivating words, mama,” I replied as she pat my cheek.

“Baby boy, you know it comes from love. If you can’t get the honest truth from me, you won’t get it from anyone, so take it,” my mother said.

“Yeah, I know that. I’m really glad that you do that, mama,” I said.

“I know. Besides, why would I tell you that you’re wonderful when you’re acting like a pervy little piss ant? And I think that’s one of the things that you see in Brianna. I heard her tell you that you were acting like a dickhead last week,” my mother replied.

“I was acting like a dickhead,” I replied.

“Well…be glad that you’re not with one of those mealy mouth women who just say yes to everything and doesn’t call you out on your shit. If you’re really comfortable with someone and you love them, you should be able to tell them the good and the not so good about themselves and they should be able to take it. I’m glad you have that,” my mother replied.

”I am, too. I’m just glad that she gave me a second chance and I don’t plan to screw this one up. I just…I love her mama,” I replied as my mother pat my shoulder.

“I know baby. I’m just glad that everything worked out,” my mother said.

“Me too, mama. Me too. Well, I’m out. I need to check on my baby,” I said with a smile.

“Oh, tell her I said hello and bring Brianna some of this homemade chicken soup and these cookies,” my mother said as she shoved two Tupperware containers into my hand. I opened the lid to the cookies and grinned.

“Double chocolate chip cookies,” I said as I grabbed one and took a bite. Damn, they were good. My mother slapped my hand.

“Those are for Brianna. If she wants to give you some, that’s on her, but I didn’t make them for you. Oh, and as soon as you get finished at the doctor, call me,” my mother replied as I leaned and kissed her on the cheek.

“Okay. Bye mama. Love you,” I replied as I walked to the door.

“I know, baby. I know. Drive safely,” she replied.

“I will,” I said as I walked out of the house. Once I reached my car, I looked to see if she was peeking out of the window. When I saw the coast was clear, I started my car and grabbed another cookie. Those things were good. Sue me.

Now, thanks to the union of sperm and egg I’m getting baked treats, too. Take that Jackson.

Life is good. Life is really good.

*************************************************************

Brianna

“Baby, are you excited because I’m excited. We get to see our baby today,” Seth replied, holding my hand in his as I sat on the examination table waiting for the doctor. He looked so damn hot in his navy blue suit and powder blue shirt, but I was too cranky to fully appreciate the sight.

“Woopty doo,” I replied.

Now, I know what you’re thinking, but don’t. I’m happy. Really, I am. I’m getting married in a few weeks to the sexy man of my dreams (and nightmares, but that's all in the past) and I’m having a baby. DaFa is busier than ever and Conrad has referred lots of singers my way, so my choreography career is booming. My life is on track and things are just great.

But…I’m a little pissed off. Not a lot, just a tad.

I’m pissed because I’m showing…really showing, so I had to alter my dress more. I seem to be getting fatter by the minute and it sucks. Simmy and Leenie were fucking stick figures at the beginning of their pregnancy compared to my fat ass. Why is this happening to me?

And Seth has been really great about my mood swings and shit, and I hate to be a bitch, but I’m tired of pissing every ten minutes, I’m tired of being sick and throwing up every fucking few hours and I’m tired of having the appetite of a sumo wrestler. Why couldn’t I be the cute pregnant chick like Simmy was? My face felt fat, I was sure that I had another chin coming in, and I had to buy maternity clothes already. Why me? Why?

It’s his fault I’m like this. It’s all his fault. Him and his satiny steel dick always wanting to be inside of me. Always with the “come on baby, one more time” or “I can’t get enough of you” bullshit.

That bastard. Him and his hypnotizing dick did this to me.

Why didn’t I say no to Seth and that dick of his? Why didn’t I make him wrap it up? I know why…because it felt so damn good and he fucked me soooo good. He always feels good and he always hits it so right. Lord, the boy knows how to use that weapon that he has. Um, he looks so good right now. I want to take him and rip off his clothes and ride his dick until it’s raw, I think to myself as he grins at me, making me want to fuck him even more.

Damn…these mood swings are horrible.

“Come on, Caramel smile for me. This is a good day,” Seth replied as he kissed my hand and grinned until I smiled at him. That gorgeous smile of his was made me feel better and when he smiled, I just followed suit.

“I know it is, but it would be an even better day if a chic could get a grilled cheese sandwich or a cheeseburger…maybe some chili cheese fries, some chocolate chip ice cream, or something. I’m hungry as hell,” I replied as he laughed.

And yes, I had been craving cheese…a lot.

“Don’t worry. I’ll feed you as soon as we leave, okay?” Seth replied, leaning over to peck me on the lips.

“As soon as we leave?” I asked.

“Yes, as soon as we leave,” Seth replied as my doctor, Dr. Gina Bryers walked in. Dr. Bryers was Simmy’s doctor and after I went through my list of 10, I came back to her because she was pretty good with Simmy during and after the birth. She was also a sister, which made me feel a lot more comfortable.

“Hello, Brianna. How are you?” Dr. Bryers asked.

“Pregnant,” I replied in a deadpanned voice as Dr. Bryers smiled at me. Seth squeezed my hand and gave me a look. I stuck my tongue at him as Dr. Bryers looked at my file.

“You wouldn’t be here if you weren’t. And this must be daddy…Seth right?” Dr. Bryers asked as she shook Seth’s hand.

“Yes, Seth Aldridge. Nice to meet you,” he replied as he shook her hand. He was grinning from ear to ear and flashing that cute smile of his. Yeah, Dr. Bryers was a pretty sister, but he’d better not get any ideas and she had better not had any thoughts either. I hope Dr. Bryers wasn’t checking out my man because she would get beat down…or cut. I could probably do a lot of damage with some of the crap that was in this office.

Oh my God. I sound like a lunatic. Either my hormones were truly kicking my ass or Simmy has truly rubbed off on me.

Maybe it’s a mixture of both. Still, I knew my man only wanted me, but just to be on the safe side.

“We’re getting married in two weeks, so he’s not just going to be daddy. He’s going to be hubby too,” I replied as Seth focused his attention back on me and gave me the cute smile. Take that, you skinny, pretty, can fit into your jeans Dr. Heifer.

Oh yeah. I needed to eat and fast.

“Well, congratulations to the both of you. This is a very exciting time. I remember when my husband and I got married. I was so happy. I’m sure you two will be as well. Okay, Brianna, we’re going to do a quick pelvic exam and afterwards, we’ll take a look at your baby, okay?” she asked with a warm smile. This was a nice lady. She was going to take good care of me. I’m going to stop being a bitch to her.

But if she hurts me, I may not be responsible for my own actions. That’s all I’m gonna say.

“Okay,” I said. I sat through the pelvic exam and once the ultrasound began, she began to move the wand over my gel covered belly. That crap is cold, I thought as I pouted a little. Seth rubbed my hand and looked at me with those gorgeous blue eyes, which were full of concern.

“You okay, baby?” he asked.

I gave him a small smile and gripped his hand. “I’m good.”

Seth smiled back at me and mouthed, “I love you.”

See that right there made me want to kiss the hell out of him, but I couldn’t reach him at the time, so I just smiled right back at him and mouthed the same, “I love you, too.”

We kind of just stared at each other for a minute until I broke the trance and looked toward the monitor. Seth’s eyes then turned to the monitor and we both glued our eyes to the screen. As Dr. Bryers showed us our baby, I began to cry, especially when she showed us the heart.

“Very strong heartbeat. Very strong,” Dr. Bryers said as she smiled at me. Seth smiled and squeezed my hand.

“That’s our baby, Seth,” I whispered as the tears fell down my face.

“I know baby…I know,” he replied, as his head leaned towards mine, wiping my tears away and kissing my cheek at the same time. Then, I saw Dr. Bryers move the wand again and then she looked at us, then back at the screen, moving the wand. Wait…what the fuck?

“Just as I suspected…another heartbeat. Both very strong. Yes, it looks like you’re having twins Brianna. They’re both very healthy from what I can see…their weight and positioning is good. That’s why you’ve gained weight so quickly. It’s also the reason that your morning sickness has been so severe. It should go away in a few weeks,” Dr. Bryers replied.

Seth and I both looked at each other, shocked as hell. Two babies? Twins?! At first, I was excited and deliriously happy. Then, reality set in. Two babies! Seth’s swimmers were that damn strong? Oh shit, I was having two babies! Two!

“I don’t have twins in my family…Seth,” I exclaimed as I narrowed my eyes at him.

Seth shrugged his shoulders. “My grandmother, my mom’s mom was a twin and my aunt Rhoda and Colleen on my dad’s side are twins. Just didn’t think about it. But isn’t this cool, baby! Two babies! That’s awesome,” he replied as he smiled from ear to ear.

Cool! Awesome! Awesome my ass! I’m the one that has to push these puppies out, not him. What the hell?

“Now that we know that there are two babies we know exactly the direction that your pregnancy is going to go. Do you have any questions?” Dr. Bryers asked and that’s when my mouth started running.

Am I going to carry the twins the entire 9 months?
How much bigger am I going to get?
Am I still going to have to deliver by c-section or can I deliver vaginally?

I had other questions, but if I told them to you, the story wouldn’t move along and that’s what you guys want right? Right.

Later that night at Seth’s condo, I mean our condo, Seth was so happy and hyped that it was contagious. After he fed me, he went to his parent’s house to show them the ultrasound picture, then he went to my parents house and showed them. Everyone was so excited about the fact that I was having twins. I, however, was still in shock.

Seth jumped into bed next to me, his head in my lap, right next to my stomach. My fingers instinctively went to his dark blond hair, curling my fingers through the silky strands. His nose would softly rub against my tummy, with his lips caressing the skin of my belly.

“You’ve been pretty out of it, Mel. What’s the deal? I mean, I fed you. You should be happy as hell,” he replied. I yanked his hair as he laughed.

“Ha…you’re funny,” I replied as my fingers continued through his hair.

“No, I’m serious. Usually about this time, you’re smiling and ready for a nap, but you’ve just been sitting here with me and your eyes haven’t closed…and you’ve been really quiet…unusually quiet. That’s not like you. Aren’t you happy, baby?” Seth asked.

I was happy. I always wanted to be a mother. I was very happy. The problem was, I was scared shitless.

“Yes,” I replied, biting down lightly on my lower lip.

“You’re scared out of your fuckin’mind, aren’t you?” Seth asked as his head slowly turned in my lap so that he was looking at me.

“Oh God yes,” I said.

“Well, so am I. I mean, a few years ago, would you have pegged me as father material? Hell no! I’m just as scared as you, but I know we can do this. Besides, we’re not alone. We have our family and friends. And yeah, I know I’m not the one that’s having the babies, but I’m going to try to make your life as easy and stress free as possible,” Seth said as he stared into my eyes, his hand reaching up to caress my cheek. He looked at me with so much love. I really did love him too, I thought as I looked at him.

Honestly, Seth has been wonderful. He brings me lunch on the days that I don’t order out and whenever I have a craving for something, he gets it for me. When I’m in a pissy mood, he lets me go through it and he leaves me the fuck alone. When I’m in a good mood, he makes it better. He’s just been really good about everything.

I looked into his blue eyes and smiled. “Well, that’s the least you can do.”

He laughed and said. “Besides, I don’t want my babies being born with some kind of nervous disorder or something, because you’re all stressed out or whatever. Just relax and let daddy take care of you.” Seth gave me that sexy smile and winked at me as his hands found their way to my belly. His long fingers caressed it gently with his fingertips.

I laughed. “Daddy, huh?”

“Yeah, daddy. I’m gonna take care of all my babies. Just don’t work yourself up too much, Caramel. I got you. I’m here and I’m not going anywhere. Alright?” Seth replied as I nodded yes in agreement.

“You’d better not. Besides, it’s your fault that I’m in this predicament,” I stated.

Seth sat up next to me and put his face in his hand, balancing on his elbow. “It’s not just my fault. You could have said no…each and every time you could have said no, but you didn’t. And you want to know why?” he asked as he pulled me on top of him. I pushed my hair out of my face and saw that mischievous grin of his as his hands softly held my waist.

I looked down into those sparkling eyes and grinned. “Why?”

I felt his fingers creep under my yellow night shirt, and grip my ass in both hands. “Because you wanted it just as much as I did.”

“Really?” I asked as I felt his hands caress my stomach. Then he sat up and I adjusted myself in his lap, feeling his erection hard and hot between my thighs. He leaned over and nibbled on my bottom lip before kissing me gently. In between soft kisses, he spoke.

“Yes, really. Not only did you want it, but you know how good it is between us. It’s always incredible, baby. That’s why you couldn’t say no. That’s why you can never say no,” he whispered as he stared into my eyes, smiling before his tongue finally entered my mouth to taste mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt the stickiness of my panties against my sex, a result of his kisses and his caresses. We kissed for a few minutes, and then I felt his lips leave mine to kiss my chin and my neck. Seth’s hands went to my heavy breasts and I groaned.

“Oooh…softer. They’re really sensitive,” I whispered as he looked at me and gave me a peck on my lips, his hands caressing my breasts softly, but so good that I became more wet.

“I’m sorry baby. Like that?” he whispered as he palmed my breasts, his fingers catching the nipples and pulling them gently.

“Yes, like that. That feels so good,” I whispered as I indulged in the feel of his fingers and hands on my breasts. I felt his head dip and my back arched as his tongue licked my right nipple as his left hand gripped my left breast. His tongue gently pulled my nipple between his teeth and lips. It felt so good, I thought moaning deeply.

“You are so beautiful,” he whispered as his he looked at me while feasting on my breasts. My fingers went to his head to keep them attached to my breasts.

“Seth,” I whispered as I began to rub my pussy along his dick. For several minutes, I moved against him and I couldn’t stop because it felt good. I heard him groan and I began to move faster, my orgasm right within my grasp. He kept his lips and hands on my breasts and I ground my sex along the ridge of his hardness, my hips moving faster and faster.

Seth continued to make love to my breasts as he whispered, “That’s right baby, move your pussy all over my dick. Make yourself come.” That’s all it took. Those few words and a few more movements and I was coming.

“Oh, OH, OH,” I yelled with my eyes closed as I felt my sex spasm and clench. I began to arch my back and how Seth pulled my panties off, I have no idea, but when I felt his hands on the small of my back and the thrust of his dick inside of my wet pussy, I moaned his name. Damn, he felt so good. My arms went around his neck as he thrust up into me, his dick grazing my clit. It felt so good, I thought as I opened my eyes. I looked down into Seth’s eyes and began to move with him. He licked his lips as he stared at me while we moved together. He leaned up and kissed me. We really just couldn’t say anything. We were just too caught up in the moment and how it felt. We moaned, we groaned and we fucked each other slowly and deeply. I felt so close to him.

We were going at it and he was so deep he pulled his lips away from mine and asked, “Are you okay baby? Is this good?”

He didn’t want to hurt me or do anything to our babies. How sweet. The only thing that would hurt right now is if he stopped fucking me.

I kissed his lips and said, panting, “Yes, so good. Don’t stop.”

Then, I felt him lift me up and lay my back against the bed, pulling my left leg over his shoulder and hooking my right around his waist. His fingers found my clit as he moved inside of me. I felt so full of him and he was hitting my spot and everything else. I needed this at the moment. I needed him.

“You feel so fuckin’ good. Shit,” he whispered as I began to move harder against him. He smiled at me because he knew what I wanted. Just a little harder. He began to move harder and faster, my hands gripping his sexy ass. Several minutes went by and we moved together, not wanting to stop. We moved like that for quite some time. Then, I felt him withdraw from me, pushing my legs open wide. When I felt his tongue lick my kitty, I moaned. After a few licks, his tongue moved inside of my pussy, spearing my hot insides. I screamed for him to stop, but he wouldn’t and after a few minutes, he pulled my entire pussy into his mouth and sucked it, his tongue wrapping around my clit, tugging it further into his mouth.

I lost it. I completely lost it. My toes curled and my eyes crossed and that’s when I screamed.

“Ooooh…shit! Seth!” I came so hard and I screamed so loud that I may have cracked the dresser mirror. He wouldn’t remove his mouth, continually sucking and eating my pussy until I came again…and again…and again.

He finally had mercy on me and once again, I felt his hard, thick, silky cock inside of my wet, hot, pussy. I felt so full, matching my thrusts to his as he grinded into me slowly and deeply.

“Seth…I don’t think I can come anymore,” I whispered as I looked up at him. His eyes were partially closed, but he opened them once he saw me.

“Yes you can…for me, baby…I want to feel you come. Come for me, Brianna,” he whispered as his fingers found my clit once more.

“Seth…I’m cumming,” I moaned as my legs tightened along with the walls of my sex, clinging to his hard dick, pulling him deeper as my orgasm hit me.

“I know…I can feel you…I can see you,” he whispered as he began a steady thrust and a few minutes later, he was pulling me closer as he began to come inside of me. I felt a several deep thrusts, and I heard his breath catch.

“Brianna, fuck, I’m cumming,” he growled, thrusting into me. I felt his hot seed spurt inside of me and I pulled him closer, his head falling gently between my neck and shoulder. We began to catch our breath and once I felt lips kissing my neck and shoulder, I sighed.

“That was for you, baby,” he whispered as I rubbed his sweat slicked back. He began to lay next to me and pull my head on his chest.

“Thank you,” I replied as he kissed my head. I looked at him and he was smiling and he looked so content. We laid there for several minutes, doing that after glow thing. He looked like he was as peace with his life and knowing that I had something to do with that made me feel good.

“No…thank you. That was fuckin’ amazing,” he whispered as I ran my fingers along his smooth chest. The man was so beautiful, I thought as I took him in.

“Um, I know. Seth?” I asked.

“Yes, baby?” Seth asked, his deep voice rumbling the way that it did after sex..

“Can you get me some ice cream?” I asked as he laughed.

“Ice cream? Cookie dough or Fudge Chocolate Brownie?” he asked.

“Fudge Chocolate Brownie. And some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies…please?” I asked as he looked at me. He kissed me on the lips and stood up, giving me a view of his great ass. He pulled on a pair of grey jogging pants and looked at me again.

“You’re lucky that you’re cute. I should be in a coma after coming as hard as I did, but I’m getting you ice cream and cookies. Damn. I must really love your ass,” he replied as he was about to pull on his shirt. He couldn’t do that. He was so hard and muscled and sexy. I loved the view.

“If you really love me, you wouldn’t put that shirt on,” I said as I smiled. Seth grinned and threw the shirt to the side.

“Thank you,” I yelled as he walked to the kitchen.

“Uh huh. I’m not done with you yet. You’re gonna eat this snack and then I'm gonna wear that ass out,” Seth said as I yawned.

“Uh huh...okay,” I said.

I think I fell asleep, because all I felt were kisses on my cheek and I heard Seth whisper, “You owe me.”

Then, I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me close. I heard him whisper, “I love you, baby. Sweet dreams.” He kissed my cheek and hugged me to him, his hands falling on my tummy.

**************************************************************
Seth

Months later

Hello, everybody. It’s been awhile, and I’m sorry about not giving you guys your Seth time, but hey, we’ve been busy. We got married and now we’re just waiting for Brianna to go into labor. It should be any day now.

Our wedding was amazing. I still didn’t see what was the big deal about flowers and dresses and shit, but once I saw Brianna and how happy it made her, it was worth going through all of it. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon and if she wasn’t already knocked up, she would have been. I think we had sex on every surface and natural landscape imaginable. Yeah, it was nice. Very nice.

We decided that my condo would be home. I don’t know who that woman thinks she’s trying to fool. She plotted it from the very beginning when she chose the place. And now, she’s taken complete control of the closet. What did I get? One rack, a fuckin’shelf and a little floor space. I had to put the rest of my stuff in the guest bedroom closet. Ain’t that some shit?

Brianna is beside herself because she can’t do anything right now. At first, she was able to go to the studio and work, but now she can’t. She had to go on maternity leave at 6 months. She’s so cute and all you can see is her pretty little face and her huge belly. She keeps saying that she looks like a beached whale, but the way she’s waddling around the house…and yeah she looks a little like a caramel, beached whale, but she’s fuckin’ adorable. She’s been bitching and moaning about being fat, but I told her that she was pregnant. She’s supposed to be fat.

Okay, that little remark got me a slap upside the head, and put out of the bedroom for a few nights, but come on! How in the hell did she expect to carry twins without gaining weight?

My little nephew Gabe is getting bigger. He’s almost walking and he’s the spitting image of Jackson. He’s smart as hell and he has these big green eyes that suckers everyone into doing what he wants. Except for me. He’s my little dude, but game recognizes game. His parents are always kissing or grinding on each other like fuckin’ teenagers. It’s good to see that they love each other so much, but I get tired of seeing them act like dogs in heat all of the time. Geez.

When I left this morning, Brianna was crankier than usual. She’s in her eighth month and she just wants to die, as she puts it. I wanted to make her feel better, so I went to her favorite breakfast spot and got her some pancakes, bacon, fried eggs, ham and grits. That’s what she felt like eating, so that’s what I got. Then, while I was on my way home, I got a call. It was from Brianna.

“Hey wifey. Did you want me to pick something up?” I asked as I drove away from my office.

“No. Seth, I’m at the hospital,” Brianna replied as calm as you please.

“You’re where? Without me?!” I exclaimed as I headed in the direction of the hospital.

“Yes, but will you calm down? I’m the one that has to do all the work,” she replied.

“My bad, Caramel. How are you? Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yes, baby I’m fine. Just feeling a little pressure, but it’s nothing I can’t handle. Would you do me a favor and go to the house and get my suitcase. I don’t have it,” Brianna replied.

“No problem baby. Who brought you to the hospital?” I asked.

“Mommy. I was at her house and I started feeling pains. I thought it was just gas. Then, my water broke. Then, mommy called daddy and Mama Pat and Davia, and Falene and they’re all here…everyone is here,” she replied, still calm. My fingers gripped the steering wheel as I drove faster going to my condo.

“Everyone except me. Wait, your water broke! Why didn’t you call me?” I asked.

“Seth, would you relax?…I’m only about 2 cm and you’re not missing anything but me laying in the bed. These stubborn ass kids of yours want to take their time. I’ll see you when you get here,” she replied.

“Okay. Hey, don’t start without me,baby,” I said as she laughed.

“Like I have any control over that. Be careful on your way here. I love you,” she said.

I grinned into the phone. “I love you, too. See you in a few.” I pressed end and I reached our house in record time, grabbed the suitcase, threw my suit jacket onto the sofa and left.

I was going to be someone’s dad in a few hours. Wow.

Hey, everyone…pray for my kids. They’re going to need it.

*****************************************************************

Seth

Okay, so this is what happened. Ms. “I’m only 2 cm” began to dilate and once I got to the hospital she was at 6cm. A few hours later and now, we’re in the delivery room.

I have to say that I like medical stuff and gross shit and watching this is fascinating to me. Too bad my girl is in so much pain. Yeah, she didn’t want any drugs and now she’s feeling the brunt of natural childbirth…with twins.

Then, when the pain really hit her, she wanted the drugs, but the window of opportunity had passed. I feel so bad for her. I wish I could take her pain away. Damn, she’s strong. Damn I love her.

Thank God I’m not going through this shit.

“This is so cool. I didn’t know it could stretch that wide. Wow, is that one of my kid’s head?” I said as I looked at my wife giving birth. Whoa…the baby’s head is kind of big. Is it really coming out of that little hole?

“No, it’s not. Your eyes are just deceiving you. Yes it’s a head…didn’t the doctor just say it was a head?” Brianna exclaimed as she gripped my hand. Damn, she’s strong.

“Yes…wow, baby…are you okay?” I asked. I know it was a dumb ass question to ask, but I wanted to know.

“I’m just sweating like a pig with my va-jay-jay on display for fuckin’ kicks! No, I’m not okay! Seth, baby, if you love me, you would really just shut the hell up and let me squeeze your got damn hand…or let me punch you in the face…either way, it would help…ow, ow, whoo, whoo,” Brianna said as Dr. Bryers told her to push. I encouraged her as well and as Brianna began to push, I just looked at her, then between her legs in complete awe.

Damn, she’s strong.

“I’m sorry baby. Shit, how am I going to compete with that? You sure there’s nothin’ wrong with my kid because my baby’s head is huge! Is the baby’s head supposed to be that big? I’m feeling a little inadequate right now…” I began but as Dr. Bryers urged her to push, Brianna groaned, squeezed the fuck out of my hand and growled at me.

“Fuck you and your inadequacies!! I’m pushing out two babies here because of you and your extra special sperm! Would you shut the fuck up and let me get this over with?! This really hurts!” she said.

“My bad baby. I love you,” I said as I caught her eyes.

“Yeah, yeah, all that. OOOH,” Brianna yelled as she pushed.

“One more push and the first baby will be out, Brianna. Push,” Dr. Bryers replied and then I heard crying. I saw the first baby, a boy and I smiled like a kid in a candy store. Several minutes later, Brianna delivered our daughter and I couldn’t help the tears that fell as I cut the cord. They were so tiny. They looked a little gross and tired, but hey that couldn’t be helped. Look at what the kids just squeezed through. Brianna fell back against the bed, exhaustion and sweat all over her face. I kissed her on the lips.

“You did good, baby. You did so good,” I replied.

“Uh huh. I don’t think I want to do this again. That wasn’t fun at all,” Brianna whispered as I wiped her forehead with a wet cloth.

“I know, but it’s over now,” I whispered as I kissed her forehead. After a few minutes, we were presented with our clean newborn twins, Austin Jacob Aldridge and Leah Madison Aldridge. Austin was 6 minutes older than Leah, and from what I could see, both were kind of wrinkly looking.

Shit. I hope my kids don’t look like old guys for too long.

Then, I was able to hold Leah in my arms while Brianna held Austin and I began to look at their features. They were really a mixture of both of us. Wow. I checked to make sure they had all their fingers and toes and everything was as it should be. Thank you God.

I changed my mind. They were amazing. They were beautiful. Perfect.

Just like Brianna.

Damn. How did I get so lucky?

******************************************************************
Brianna

Epilogue—8 months later…

Can I just tell you that I love my babies? Really, I love them. And so did everyone else. Especially their father.

If you guys could see Seth with them, you would not recognize him. He’s constantly talking to them and hugging them and kissing them. He really loves them, and they love their daddy…especially Leah. Definitely a daddy’s girl, that one.

Austin and Leah are these beautiful little tan wonders that made me thankful that I was alive. Austin had sandy hair and hazel eyes and Leah had my eyes and black curls. They were both laying on a pallet on the floor kicking their feet playing with their baby gym and babbling as I made dinner.

I went back to the studio three months ago and it was so hard to leave the twins at first, but I had plenty of help. Between my mommy and mama Pat, I didn’t have to worry about daycare and I knew they were in the best hands.

My godson Gabriel…let me tell you, he’s going to break hearts. He has his momma’s mouth and his father’s smile. He’s so smart and sooo cute…that’s my little man. He loves his cousins and they love him.

And he’s definitely related to Seth. I’m hoping that we don’t have a Seth part II in the family.

“Hey beautiful,” Seth said as he walked in the door. I heard him put his keys in the tray on the foyer table and put away his jacket.

“Hey baby. You’re home kind of early,” I said as he smiled, stopping in his tracks as he saw the babies talking and playing on the pallet on the floor. I knew he was itching to get down there with them and sure enough, he got down there and began talking to them and kissing them, blowing raspberries on their chubby little bellies. Then, he told them he would be right back and began to come towards the kitchen. Lord, he looked gorgeous I thought, taking in the grey suit and the powder blue shirt opened at the neck.

“Yeah, I finished up early today so I could get an early start on the weekend with my fam. Is that alright with you, sexy?” Seth asked as he walked into the kitchen towards me.

I smiled. “That’s more than alright,” I said as he pulled me by my waist into his arms, grinned, then captured my lips in a passionate kiss. I dropped the utensil in my hand and Seth curled his body into mine, and wrapped those strong arms of his around me. His lips felt so good against mine and when his tongue slowly stroked mine, I moaned pushing closer into him. I felt him getting hard and his hands grabbed my ass. I pulled away after a few minutes, laughing as he kissed my neck.

“Did you have a good day?” I asked as he continued to kiss me.

“It was okay. It’s a lot better now. How was yours?” he asked from my neck. Those soft lips of his were now nibbling my skin, making me hold him closer.

“Busy,” I said, enjoying the embrace that I was in.

“Um, Mel, you smell so good. You’re so soft,” as his lips tattooed along my neck as I laughed some more.

“Thank you. I know little Seth wants to play, but not now. Later,” I said as he looked down into my eyes, that sexy grin that I fell in love with shining at me. His hands were roaming all over my plaid boxer covered behind and one hand was inching up my white wife beater.

“You promise?” he asked.

“Yes. Now, get out. I have to finish cooking,” I said as Seth leaned over and kissed my neck once more before leaving the kitchen. He slapped my behind and said, “Sexy ass,” before walking quickly to our babies.

“Alright daddy's back! What did I miss?” Seth asked the twins as they babbled to him. I looked over the counter and saw Seth on the floor talking to both Le-le and Austin, who were both now on top of his chest.

I smiled as I watched my family. Wow. We’ve come so far. He loves me. I love him. We’re together. We’re happy. Damn, it was that simple. It was that easy. Why didn’t we just get it right the first time?

I know why. Because nothing good comes easy. And as you all know, this journey between Seth and I was hard…very hard.

It’s amazing. We were chasing love and we had it all along. Who knew?