Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 8

Thanksgiving mornng...Seth's condo

Seth

Brianna and I were at my condo waiting for Jackson and Davia. We decided to follow each other to my parent’s house and face the firing squad together. Davia had already been there and done that, and my mom really liked her. I knew that my mom was going to love Brianna and that’s what I had been reassuring her of the whole morning. I mean, I wasn’t nervous about meeting her parents later, and I figured she shouldn’t be either.

This love shit was getting to me. I was thinking about her all the time, acting bitch-like when she called me, doing things for her when she asked…just wanting to be with her all the time.

There was only one other pussy whipped person that I could talk to (Bryce was the other one, but he and Falene were at his parents today) and he just walked through the door.

“I gotta pee. Hey Seth. Where’s Bree?” Davia asked as she waved at me and ran through the door and to the bathroom.

“Hey. Um, she’s in the bedroom. I think she’s fixing her hair or something!” I yelled as I closed the door behind my brother after we shook hands.

“Looking good in here…oh, you got the 62?” Jackson asked referring to my 62 inch baby…my new HDTV.

I smiled at it. “Yeah…couldn’t help it. Hey, we’re running late, thanks to you. Mama called me like 3 times and I made sure to emphasize that I was waiting on you. She’s not yelling at me today.”

“You just took yourself out of the line of fire, right?” Jackson asked.

“Yep,” I said.

Jackson just grinned at me and said, “Yeah, well she always finds something to yell at you about anyway. She’ll get you sometime before the day is out. Oh and the reason we were late is because Dav’s zipper got stuck. I had to help her out, you know what I mean?”

“Yeah…whatever, man,” I replied laughing. Jackson and Davia went at it like rabbits all the time. Damn it, I never thought I would see the day that Jackson was fucking and I wasn’t.

Why hasn’t the world come to an end?

“J, I gotta talk to you for a minute. On the balcony,” I replied.

Jackson walked with me to the balcony and grinned. “It must be real deep if you need to discuss this with me outside.”

“Yep,” I said as I closed the balcony doors once we were outside.

“And you really don’t want Dav or Brianna to hear you talking, am I right?” he asked. Ladies and gentlemen, my brother, the genius.

“Yeah. Bree and Dav are part bat or something. You know those two have supersonic hearing. I say something in the living room, they’ll pick up on it in the master bathroom and I’ll get questioned about it at the wrong damn time. I’m not taking any chances, so no, I can’t talk about this shit in there,” I said as my older brother crossed his arms over his chest and grinned at me.

“Say what you gotta say, Seth,” Jackson said. Then, I began to ramble. I never ramble. But here I was, rambling like a little punk.

“Okay. You know I’ve kind of like been seeing Brianna and no one else and I’ve kind of been having sex with my hand because she’s not ready to and I really like her and I haven’t been getting it from my regular sources and I’m going nuts, but I’m handling it and I can’t understand for the life of me why because nothing that I’m doing with this chick is normal for me and I really like her and she makes me happy and shit and I don’t know why I’m not more pissed about not getting pussy and it’s just that she’s always on my mind and when I’m not with her I’m smiling like a bitch ass about the next time I’m going to see her or talk to her and she’s driving me crazy and I don’t know if this is normal or not because I’ve never experienced this shit and it’s like I’m the king of the world when she smiles at me when I do little stuff like cook breakfast for her or whatever and…what the fuck is really wrong with me?” I asked as Jackson, who had been holding his laugh in finally just let loose. He laughed at me for about 3 minutes, then he stopped.

“Sorry, Seth, it’s just that it’s kind of funny to see you get dethroned,” Jackson said as he laughed.

“What?” I asked. This shit wasn’t funny…it really wasn’t.

“Brianna knocked you off of your pimp stand, man! You’re not Fly Guy anymore…you’re no longer the pimp of the year! This is one for the books! You’re in love with Brianna, dude. You are so fuckin’ gone that you can’t come back! But, you’ll be alright, bro. Are you sure? Do you have a fever? Did you hit your head because the Seth that I know would be breaking out in hives if he had to go a month or two without sex,” Jackson said as I shrugged his hand away from my head.

“Dude,” I said as Jackson continued to speak and laugh.

“You haven’t been sticking and moving with anyone but your hand? Oh yeah…she’s got you right where she wants you. Never thought I would see the mighty Seth fall to a mere woman. This is one for the books. Seth’s in love. Someone call the media…this is headline news!” Jackson replied as he continued to laugh and walk back into the house. I followed him and just shook my head at him.

“Fuck you Jackson,” I said.

“Well…at least you would be fuckin’ somethin’,” Jackson said with a grin and I gave him the finger.

I guess I deserved all that because I feel like I’m having an out of body experience. Fuck! I love Brianna. Didn’t see that coming. The funny part about it is, I’m not bothered by it…not at all.

Oh yeah. Some demon must have taken over my body. I’ve turned into a kept man…someone whose balls are now in their girl’s purse.

I’ve turned into…my brother!

Oh fuck me!

Then Jackson yelled, “What did you drink, baby, a 40? It doesn’t take that long to pee, Dav’! We gotta go!”

“I’m coming, Jackson…damn!” Davia yelled as she walked out of the back with Brianna who looked absolutely adorable. She had on this cropped fitted sweater and the color was…wait, what did she say…terra cotta…it just looks orangey rust to me, but it looked so good against her skin and this cute little denim skirt, with striped tights and short ankle boots. Her hair was down, per my request and she just looked so good. She also looked nervous as shit. I can’t blame her. My mother scares the shit out of me too.

“Baby…relax,” I said as I helped her into her jacket.

“That’s easy for you to say…you already know her and what to expect. I don’t,” she said. I placed a kiss on her forehead.

“What are you so worried about? You’re cute as hell and you’re sweet…she’s gonna love you. Okay?” Brianna just sighed and nodded in agreement as we walked towards the door.

Davia and Jackson were walking and kissing again and I had to clear my throat.

“Swap spit on your own time. We gotta go,” I said as Jackson pulled away from Davia, the both of them giving me the finger as we walked out.

This holiday if off to it’s usual great start.

********************************************************
Brianna

It was going to be kind of weird to see my parents for the holidays. Usually they were on vacation or something. My family wasn’t really big on Thanksgiving. We were more of a Christmas family so I spent a lot of Thanksgivings with Simmy or Megan’s family. We were going to pass by my house after we left Seth’s parents house, which was a very nice, red brick, 2 story colonial. We got out of the car and Seth held my hand as we walked up.

“Mel…would you please stop that?” he asked as Davia and Jackson walked ahead of us.

I was nervous. I couldn’t help it. I mean, Davia said that their mom was nice, but I’m meeting his parents. This was serious stuff.

“Stop what?” I asked.

“Fidgeting. We’re not meeting Queen Elizabeth, just my parents. Just be yourself…and watch out for my Uncle Thomas. He’s kind of a perv,” he said with a grin.

“Just like his nephew,” I said as I grinned at him.

“No…he’s worse. Just watch your ass. Scratch that. Don’t worry about watching your ass. I’m always watching this sexy round thing anyway, so no worries,” he said as he slapped me on my ass with that sneaky ass grin. Did I mention that I loved when he slapped my ass? He’s turning me into a little ho…and I love it!

“Gee thanks,” I said. with a grin as the door opened.

"Anything to lend a helping hand," he sais. Fuckin' perv. And I loved it!

“Hey yall! Happy Thanksgiving, babies! Hi Davia, it’s so good to see you and…” his mother said as she looked down at our intertwined hands with this look of unbelief on her face.

“Ma, this is Brianna…my girlfriend,” he said and the next thing we knew, Mrs. Patricia Aldridge passed clean out.

*********************************************************

Seth

Jackson and I picked my mother up off the floor and carried her to the nearest sofa. I couldn’t believe that the sight of me holding hands with my girl would make her faint, but it did. The look on my mother’s face was priceless. I hope I didn’t kill her.

Can you imagine what would happen if…heaven forbid…I got married?

Thanks ma, for the melodramatic, comic relief.

My father came over with my aunt Lilian, who just shook her head.

“Pop, Seth made mama pass out,” Jackson stated.

“Seth, why did you do this to your mother?” my father asked.

“I didn’t. She did. Pops, this is Brianna Mills. Bree, this is my dad Jonathan Aldridge,” I said as he shook Brianna’s hand with a grin.

“Nice to meet you, Brianna,” he said.

“You too, Mr. Aldridge,” she said with a smile. I smiled at her, then back at my father who was giving me this look with a huge grin on his face.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothin’. Oh, good you didn’t kill her. She’s coming to,” my father said as my mother
sat up and took a few deep breaths. We all just stood around her for about 5 minutes and I noticed that I was holding Brianna’s hand again and my mother was staring and smiling. Really hard.

Then, she stood up. “So, you must be Brianna.”

Brianna held out her hand. “Yes. It’s nice to finally meet you Mrs. Aldridge. I’ve heard so much about you.”

“Well, I’ve heard about you via third party, but everything I’ve heard has been good. Nice to meet you, too, honey. I saw you dance and girl, you are talented. And please, call me Pat and put that hand away. I need to hug the woman that’s been keeping my son’s penis stationary,” my mother said as she hugged Brianna and all I heard was Jackson, Davia, my father and my aunt laughing.

Oh yeah. This was going to be great.

“Boys, where did you find those two little phillies? They’re hot?” My uncle Thomas asked. He was on his third wife and thought he was a player.

Jackson just shook his head and laughed. “Why do you want to know, Uncle Tom?”

“Because I think I want one,” my uncle said with a grin.

I answered the king of Viagra and Donald Trump’s look-a-like. “Don’t you already have wife number three? Don’t tell me you’re getting rid of her already? It’s only been 2 years.”

“Maybe…I don’t know. Too old for me. I need one of these young gals, you know?” he asked.

“No you don't. You need to concentrate on your wife you old perv...and would you please stop winking at Davia and kissing her hand...and stop asking her for her phone number,” Jackson replied.

“And stop asking Brianna if she’s limber…dirty old man,” I said as I walked away and the next thing I know, my mother was pulling me to the side.

“I like her, Sethie. She’s normal. No salt water breasts or injectable materials as far as I can tell,” my mother said.

“I’m glad she passed the inspection,” I said as I looked over at Brianna and grinned at her as she was talking to Davia and my aunt.

“She’s such a cutie pie…and sweet,” she said.

“You know I have good taste, ma. She’s adorable,” I said with a grin.

“You really like her, don’t you?” my mother asked. I looked down into the eyes that looked so like mine and grinned.

“Yeah…I really like her…more than you know. Happy?” I asked.

She grinned. “Happy? To know that my man whore of a son is no longer workin’ the stroll? Yes! I’m estatic. To find out that my son who’s never, ever had a girlfriend finally has one…yes! Whatever she’s doing, I hope she keeps doing it.”

“Yeah, me too. Hey, if I tell you something, you promise not to have a stroke or collapse or pass out again,” I said.

“I will not promise that. I’m just in my glory. Both of my boys finally have real girlfriends. This is getting better than an episode of The Bad Girls Club,” she said.

“I bet I can top that,” I replied.

“What?” she asked.

“I’m in love with her ma,” I said and she just got quiet. Really quiet. Too quiet. Then, she grinned.

“I know that. You do know that mentally, I’m doing a happy dance. Thank you God. I really didn’t look forward to you turning out like Thomas,” she said.

“Ma, I have all of my hair and I don’t chew tobacco. Need I say more,” I said with a grin.

“You know what I mean, Sethie. You were a slut. I'm just glad that you're changing. Have you told her?” my mother asked.

“No. Uh uh,” I said. Then, she slapped me in the back of my head.

“Ow!” I yelled.

“Now you listen to me, Sethie. Don’t do the dumbass thing and not say anything. Tell her! Tell her!,” she said as she popped me once more in the head and walked off.

Jackson was right. I did end up getting yelled at.

It was getting close to the end of the day and my mother kind of held Davia and Brianna hostage. I told Brianna that she had nothing to worry about. From the perpetual grin on my mother’s face, I could tell that she liked Brianna, but she also told me…every half hour…especially after I told her that I was Like in Ocean Victor Edward with Bree…I know it was cheesy. Saw it in a movie once. Just thought I would use it.

Moving on.

But you want to know what really made my mother’s day?

My mother: Brianna, do you eat meat?

Brianna: Yes, maam. I’m a huge fan of cows, chickens, turkeys, pigs. Yes, meat’s pretty much my best friend.

My mother: Wonderful. Do you have an aversion to bread?”

Brianna: Yeah…if I don’t have any butter with it, I get a little ticked off.

My mother, grinning and clapping: Oh, praise the Lord. Hallelujah! They both eat real food. We’re gonna get along just fine…just fine.

That’s what I was thinking about when Brianna walked out of the bathroom after her shower dressed in a grey camisole and pink shorts. She wanted to spend the night and I wanted her to. I just didn’t want to end the day yet. Especially with the way things went at her parents house.

*********************************************************

Brianna

Can I just tell you that I wasn’t ready for how my father acted today? My mother was her usual, sweet self. My father acted like a big ass idiot.

When Seth walked in with me and we were holding hands, as I introduced him, my father just kept looking at our joined hands. Alphonso Mills stopped me in mid-introduction.

“Who’s this white boy, Bookie?” he asked, his eyes narrowed.

I gave him a look and squeezed Seth’s hand. “Daddy, this is Seth Aldridge, my boyfriend.”

“Your what?” he asked as he looked at Seth, who by the way, was as quiet as a church mouse at this time.

“My boyfriend,” I said.

“This ain’t happening. My beautiful black daughter is not going to date some white boy who only wants to try her out in bed,” my father said, emphasizing black.

Nafara Mills, my mother interjected. “Fonso, that’s enough! Why would you say something like that?”

“Because I know ‘em, Fara! All he wants is to take what he can from between her legs and that’s about it. Rich little white boys use our girls, then marry their own. He ain’t no different!” My father yelled.

“Thanks daddy. You basically just called me a brainless nitwit who’s just letting a white boy use me,” I said narrowing my eyes at him.

“If the shoe fits,” Alphonso, my now red looking daddy replied.

“Fonso!” my mother screamed.

“I have more sense than that, daddy. I thought you knew that,” I said, completely pissed at my father.

“I thought so to, until you walked in here with him,” my father said.

That’s when Seth decided to say something. “Sir, I don’t mean any disrespect, but it’s not like that. Your daughter is no doormat. She let me know that the day I met her. I’m not trying to use her. She’s special and we like being with each other. I care about your daughter, sir. I love your daughter. So, you’re way off base about everything.”

My mom, my father and I whipped our heads to look at Seth. What? He loved me? He decides to tell me now. I didn’t really dwell on that, but he loves me? Seth loves me! Yeah! I’m tickled pink. I was just grinning like a mad woman and he grinned back. He ignored my parents and smiled at me. “I love Brianna.”

My mommy grinned, and my father began to curse and say, “Oh, hell no! Like hell you do! I ain’t having this shit, Brianna! I don’t approve of this. Why couldn’t you go find a nice black boy?”

“Daddy, this has nothing to do with you. I’m a grown woman. I found a guy who likes me for who I am. You’re a surgeon. You work with people of different races and cultures everyday. Seth’s race isn’t important…it shouldn’t be important. The fact that he likes me and treats me right should be enough for you, but I forgot. Nothing is ever good enough for you. And for your information, we’re not having sex! So get the white masta take the poor slave girl mentality out of your mind and focus. I don’t care if you approve. I love you, but I don’t care if you don’t like it. This is my life. My life. Until you can respect the man I love, you won’t see me,” I said as I held Seth’s hand. He looked at me and I looked back with a grin. Daddy knew I was stubborn, just as he was.

“Oh, so this is how you treat the person that’s taken care of your little black tail your whole life? You sell me out for the white boy?” My father asked.

“Alphonso, you shut up right now, or Brianna won’t be the only one who won’t be seeing you. Stop being rude and foolish. This just doesn’t make any sense,” my mother said.

“Fara, our child, our black daughter is in love with a white man. This doesn’t bother you?” my father asked.

“Yes, I’m concerned because there are stupid fools out there who don’t like it, but I trust my baby, Fonso, and you should, too. Brianna is not stupid and if she says she loves him, then I want to get to know him. He must be okay if she’s let him get this close to her. Besides, she’s never really expressed loving someone like this before, Fonso. Doesn’t that give you enough to just be civil?” my mother asked.

“Hell no. I don’t care what she says, I don’t care what you say! The white boy only wants the ass and neither one of you, especially him, is going to convince me otherwise!” my father yelled.

I walked over to my mother and hugged her. Then I rolled my eyes at my father, grabbed Seth’s hand and walked to the door.

“If he’s not wanted, neither am I. Mommy, I love you. Daddy…you’re too smart to be so stupid. You also need to look in the mirror because you didn’t get that light skin from pure African blood. Think about that, dad. Bye,” I said as we walked out of the door.

We didn’t say much in the car, but we smiled and held hands. He loved me and I loved him. Everything else would get dealt with later.
*********************************************************

Seth

This day was just long and exhausting and I could think of nothing more than wanting my baby here, in my bed, with me…even if I didn’t get to poke her.

Brianna crawled on to the bed and laid next to me. I was watching cartoons…The Avatar. We both loved cartoons, which is cool because most women that I date can’t stand cartoons. My baby’s cool as shit.

“Ooh, keep it on here please?” she asked as she snuggled up into my chest. She loved Avatar. She also smelled like tropical fruits.

Like I could say no to her when she looked hot as shit in those little shorts and that little top and asked me in that sexy, sweet voice of hers. She knew what she was doing. “I will. You smell so good…so sweet,” I said as I kissed her on the lips. After the kiss she smiled at me.

“Thank you. Can I just tell you that your parents are nice, but your mom is the shit?” Brianna asked as I laughed. My hand went to her hair as my fingers threaded through it.

“I told you she was cool and she really likes you,” I said.

“Well, I like her too. I didn’t mean to make her pass out,” Brianna said and I laughed again.

“No, that wasn’t you. That was me. You’re the first woman ever to come home with me. I think that’s what caused her to faint…and the fact that I’ve never had a girlfriend, so I guess I gave her cause to pass out,” I said as she smiled.

“Yeah. Baby, I’m sorry about my dad and what he said. I’m not going to let him ruin this…ruin us,” she said and I sighed. Yeah, it was pretty fucked up that he didn’t even give me a chance, he just dismissed me because I’m white. Oh well. It wasn’t going to stop me from being with her, from loving her.

“I don’t want you to do that to him. He’s your father Brianna. He might sound like a crazy man, but he does love you. I don’t want to come between that,” I said and I saw the determined little pout her lips formed as she began to speak.

“You’re not because if he doesn’t accept you, then he doesn’t see me. Daddy knows who he’s playing with. So, until he learns how to behave like a grown up then we’ll talk. Other than that, we won’t. Hey, were you serious or did you want my dad to take out his shotgun?” she asked as I laughed. I knew what she was talking about. I looked down into her eyes and she looked up into mine.

“Yeah. Okay, I concede. I’m crazy about you, Bree. I’m so in love with you that it’s ridiculous. Is that what you wanted to hear?” I asked as she grinned and kissed me.

“Yes, it was. Wow. I guess people in hell are getting ice water because you admitted that you’re in love with me. This is really big, Seth,” she said.

“Yeah, I know. But, it’s the truth. You’re incredible. I couldn’t help it. You did a number on me. So…did you say that to piss dear old dad off or did you mean it?” I asked. I couldn’t believe that I was sitting here waiting to see what she was going to say.

She smiled. “No. You should know that I don’t say things I don’t mean. Of course I love you, stupid. I think I fell in love with you after the first time you kissed me.”

“Why didn’t you say something?” I asked.

“You were the big bad playa’. I had to hear it from you first. I couldn’t let myself get played. But, it’s all good now. This is gonna be okay,” she said as I kissed her on the head.

“Yeah…I guess it will be,” I said as she yawned and snuggled closer to me.

“I knew you were going to,” she said.

“Going to what?” I asked.

“Fall in love with me. You couldn’t help yourself. I made it damn near impossible,” she said as I smiled.

“Yeah, you did. You got me. You really did,” I said as we just stared at each other. I leaned down and kissed those sweet lips of hers. After a few minutes, we turned our gazes back on the TV.

The holidays…don’t you love them? I know I do.