Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

 

img144/1169/kieran1kr1.jpg

Kieran Villegas

img134/3736/lanishacole10py6.jpg

Emory Nichols

 

img502/2649/normalyaya32ym0.jpg

Sienna Michaelson

img249/1716/reese3zl1.jpg

Reese Monteblanc

Lameira Protector - A small sect that strives for peace and justice throughout the world. They protect mankind under the radar...no one really knows about them.

Midnight Brotherhood — Very powerful, mercenaries. Contract themselves out to the highest bidder, which is most of the time rich, powerful men. Basically, they’re the bad guys.

Branga Soldiers —contract out to evil businessmen…sometimes work for Midnight Brotherhood.

Shiyan Knights - secret protectors of the peace. They were Shiyan orders placed all over the world.

Kieran Villegas is a Diagrave Shiyan that belongs to the Shiyan Knight order in the United States and his grandfather and father were the head of the council. Shiyan Knights possessed supernatural powers and strength: they could run at the speed of light, they could read minds, could influence the weak minded with simple suggestions, they could move things with their thoughts and they were unbelievably strong. Shiyan Knights work with government agencies and communities to keep peace among the world. A Shiyan Knight’s are brave, honorable and always do their duty according to the Shiyan Code, which were rules and guidelines that all Shiyan Knights were mandated to follow.


Five orders of Shiyan Knights
Diagrave Shiyans—highest order
Lemberti
Corlati
Renaldi
Verlandi





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Prologue

“It cannot be…he has a cure for it! Are you certain?” the gruff voiced man asked.

“Yes. The people at his lab were celebrating two days ago. He is on his way to the FDA to begin trial testing. If it passes, then he’ll be able to dispense the cure,” the man with the English accent replied.

“Do you know what that would do to our sales? We would be out of business!!! This disease makes us money! It keeps food on our table!” the gruff voiced man exclaimed.

“Yes, I know. It keeps your alcoholic wife in Prada, your drug addicted daughter up to her waist in coke, your rapist son out of trouble, and your mistress sucking your dick. Yes, I know all too well what your money does,” the English accent man stated. The gruff voiced man gave him a look of death.

“You are walking on thin ice, my friend,” the gruff voiced man stated.

“That’s bs and you know it. You need me. Who else would do your dirty work?” The English accent man asked.

“I have more money than you’d ever imagine and many people to do my dirty work. The only reason I keep you around is because you are familiar, nothing more,” the gruff voice man replied.

The gentleman with the English accent placed his cold, steel gray eyes on him with a small grin. “I am the best and you know it. That’s why you keep me around. Besides, you and I both know what I’m capable of. Don’t you forget it. Why don’t you do something good for a change and look at the situation this way. You can always make money dispensing the cure. You know…helping people stay healthy, instead of giving them just enough of something to maintain. That’s what you big pharmaceutical companies were intended to do right…to help keep people alive?” the English accent man stated sarcastically. The gruff voiced man gave him another strange look.

“Turner, you know there is more money in treating than curing. The last man who thought he had a cure suddenly disappeared…and so did his family….and his friends…and his associates. Do you get my meaning?” the gruff man asked.

The gentleman with the accent smiled. “All too well.”

“Get it done. Destroy the lab…shut up his workers….get to him and his family. ASAP,” the gruff voice man replied.

“It shall be done,” the English accented man replied as he walked out of the office.

Chapter 1

The negotiations were not going as they had planned. The thick Russian accent of the Prime Minister spewed curses among their children and their male genitalia, among other things. The Prime Minister of Russia was a very dangerous man. The United States could never negotiate with him…until now. The two men looked at each other, arms crossed in front of them. The men stood tall, dressed in black turtleneck and slacks, speaking to each other only with their minds.

“This incessant chatter needs to come to an end. He cannot commission the testing of those weapons and that’s final. He knows it, you know it, I know it. It will give others carte blanche to fire nukes at will and that ain’t good. Why is he stalling? Why don’t we just squeeze the life out of him and complete this mission?” the blonde haired man asked.

“Because it will not be complete, Reese and it will only lead to more problems. If we kill him, the treaty will not get signed and that will only lead to aggressive negotiations, and as keepers of the peace, we don’t do that unless it is absolutely necessary, you know that. Let the big tub of lard curse and yell, just as long as his signature gets on that piece of paper. Then our mission will be complete. Okay?” The dark haired man asked.

“Fine, Kieran, we’ll do it your way. Just…wait…did he just…,” the blond haired man named Reese asked his dark haired companion Kieran.

“Yes, he did,” and they two men turned around simultaneously. Entering the room were ten men ready for combat. Kieran took his hand to hand combat stance, and quickly sized up each man.

Reese quickly hopped the desk and stood next to the Prime Minister and grabbed him by the neck with one hand, whispering in Russian to him, “If you move, I’ll snap your neck like a twig, comprende, compadre?” The Prime Minister nodded yes, but made eye contact with his men to attack.

Reese telepathically said to Kieran, “Do you believe this shit? I tell him that if he moves, I’ll break his neck and he gives them an order to attack. Is he for real?”

“No, Reese, I don’t think he’s for real,” Kieran telepathically stated sarcastically. “The man has 10 Branga Soldiers here, you dick. I think he’s for real,” Kieran replied in his mind to his best friend.

“Only 10? He could have made it more difficult and brought in 30. Then we really could have had some fun.”

“Yeah, I know how you’re all about the physical stuff, Reese,” Kieran replied looking over each man, awaiting their attack. The Prime Minister had no clue who they were, but he was about to find out.

“It’s what makes this job fun. You owe me $50 bucks, dude. I told you he was going to hit that buzzer,” Reese relayed telepathically.

“Yeah, yeah. Would you shut the hell up? You’re breaking my concentration,” Kieran stated as the Branga Soldiers began to attack. Kieran flicked his hand in the direction of two that were coming head on, smashing them against the wall and onto the floor. He pulled out his Leachea sword and continued to fight the remaining 8 men. One man attacked him with a sword and Kieran kicked him and quickly cut his throat with the end of his sword. He looked at one man, pulling the man off the ground with his mind and threw him out the door. His sword sliced through two men with super human speed and the remaining two men ran out screaming, “Shiyan Knights!!!” The entire battle took 3 minutes.

Reese let go of the flustered and frightened Prime Minister who was shaking like a leaf. Kieran tilted his head in the direction of the remaining two and Reese smiled, replying, “Thanks for leaving me some,” as he ran with super human speed after the remaining Branga Soldiers.

“You’re welcome,” Kieran replied putting away his sword and turning to look at the Prime Minister. Kieran gave him a small grin as the Prime Minister signed the treaty and handed it to Kieran with shaking hands. Kieran placed the document in a leather file folder and smelled the stench of feces and urine coming from the Prime Minister and continued to grin.

“Now, that wasn’t so hard, was it? Do not attempt to have us followed, Prime Minister or…let’s just say you’ll be losing more than your bowels. Are we understood?” Kieran’s eyes bore into the man, asking the question in fluent Russian.

The man stated that he understood and Kieran replied. “Good day, Prime Minister. I suggest you heed what I say or you’ll be sorry. By the way, you might want to take a shower. You smell like shit.” Kieran replied as he walked out of the door, leaving a crying Russian Prime Minister in his wake.

Reese was putting away his sword over the bodies of the remaining men and smiled at him as they quickly departed the building.

“So, the fat fuck did sign it?” Reese asked verbally, looking at the leather portfolio.

“Yeah, he did. Reese, it didn’t have to come down to that, “ Kieran replied as they made their way to an all black BMW. Kieran sat in the passenger’s seat as Reese jumped into the driver’s seat and pulled away.

“It didn’t but it did. Look Key, I know you don’t like that part of the job, but it is your job. It is your duty to keep the peace, sometimes by physical means. It’s what we do. We’ve been doing this for 15 years and we will continue to do this until we take our last breath. We are Shiyan Knights…Diagrave Shiyan Knights. The Highest Order. Remember that. You, most of all should always remember that,” Reese replied as Kieran looked out of the window, wishing that he didn’t have to.

*********************************************************
“What am I going to do Ms. Nichols? I don’t think I’m ready to have a baby!” the young girl with the big blue eyes exclaimed to Emory Nichols, counselor at Langley University. Emory knew what the girl was going to tell her before she even said it, but paid no mind.

“I can’t tell you what to do, Heather. But I can give you some suggestions and together, maybe we can come up with a solution,” Emory replied looking over at the 20 year old Dean’s List student who was now 6 weeks pregnant. Emory and Heather began to make a list of pro’s and con’s concerning her situation. At the end of their session, Heather hugged Emory and smiled.

“I feel a lot better about this now, Ms. Nichols. I’m going to try to make a good decision,” Heather replied.

“Just remember…it’s your decision, no matter what, and I’ll back you 100% with whatever you decide. Okay?” Emory inquired to the girl with a comforting smile.

“Okay. Thanks again, Ms. Nichols,” the girl replied as she walked out of Emory’s office. With an exasperated sigh, Emory plopped down into her chair. She was exhausted. Although she loved her job as a counselor at the University, dealing with others problems was extremely stressful. Emory looked at her appointment book, which was finally clear and sighed once more. Emory heard her cell phone ring and answered.

“Hello, this is Emory,” she replied.

“Hey babygirl. How are you?” the voice asked. Emory’s back stiffened.

“Fine. How are you daddy?” Emory asked.

“Wonderful. I have some great news,” Matthew Nichols replied to his only child.

“Something to do with your research, no doubt,” Emory replied looking down at her brown hands, thinking that she needed a manicure.

“Yes. It’s very exciting and I would like to celebrate with you over dinner. Are you free tonight?” Matthew asked expectantly hoping his estranged daughter would say yes.

“No, I have a meeting and tons of files to catch up on,” Emory replied still looking at her nails.

Matthew covered up the disappointment in his voice. “Oh. Well, sometime this week.”

“Maybe. Look daddy, I gotta go, but whatever you’ve discovered…congrats,” Emory replied.

“Thanks, babygirl. Talk to you soon,” he replied.

“Yeah. Bye,” Emory replied as she hung up the phone and let out another huge sigh. She was so glad to be off the phone with her father. She was relieved.

**********************************************************
Two weeks later, Dr. Matthew Nichols began to notice things. It started two days ago…strange phone calls, missing staff. His wife Donna was out of the country on a business trip and should have been back by now. Now, strange men were following him and he knew why.

“They were following me, Vincent. Yes, I am certain. Can you have someone meet me so that I can speak with you? I’m in need of your help and you are the only one that can help me. Thanks again, Vince. I’ll see you soon,” Dr. Matthew Nichols stated as he hung up and stared at his daughter Emory’s picture. She was such a beautiful girl, inside and out…always had been. He knew that he had never been around and he would not win any father of the year awards, but he always provided for his child and he loved her with all his heart. He knew that if these men were following him, they would begin to bother Emory as well and he was not going to risk putting her life in danger. Matthew grabbed his keys and walked out of his mansion.