Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys, this is the first chapter of a story I've been thinking of writing for sometime now. I'm still a bit of a newbie when it comes to writing, so some feedback would be nice. Thank you and enjoy :)




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Unsaid


-Come and get me-


She sat quietly at the bar, ignoring the deafening music of the club and the masses of people flailing their bodies around. It was late and she was drunk out of her mind, but that didn't stop her from ordering another drink.


"May be you've had enough for tonight, don't you think, miss?" The Bartender asked, looking a bit concerned. She glanced up at him, he was young and handsome; black with a perfect onyx Caesar cut and amazing hazel eyes. In every way, he was just like her fiancé. The same fiancé she had just caught in bed with another woman.


"I don't think that's any of your business," she hissed back "Now just do your damn job and get me another drink." The bartender looked a bit taken back but did as he was told.


This time, instead of just wolfing it down she simply stared at the glass, her dar jade eyes watching as cool drops of condensation dripped down the side of it. She didn't need to ask why the he did it, he'd done it for the same reason as every other man she'd dated.


Life had pretty much been set for her, she was beautiful, brilliant, successful, she was going to college full time majoring in business and when she achieved her degree in three years, she would inherit her grandfather's company (in which she currently worked as an executive). Life had been set out for her and no man she's dated could ever seem to accept this. So they'd either dump her with that famous "it's not you, it's me." bullshit of a line, or they'd cheat on her with someone less successful than themselves.


"I'm an idiot," she sighed "suuuch a fucking idiot..." She had finally thought Trey had been the one. He was sweet, kind and had always treated her with respect, he had never seemed to have a problem with her inheritance before, hell, he had even seemed to be very understanding when she would cancel their dates to study for exams or finish up work.


"There must've been some signs...something I missed" she mumbled. She pushed the thought out of her mind...she didn't want to even think about him anymore. It was over between them. She pulled out her cellphone and simply pressed 1. After so many years, he was still speed dial 1... It was a number she hadn't called in a long time, however, right now, more than anyone else, she needed him.


"Lana?" the voice said, surprised. It didn't really shock her; they hadn't seriously spoken to each other since middle school and barely even looked each other's way in High School. Yet, she was sure that the bond the two had developed in their childhood had survived, even though so many years have passed.

 

Her shaking hands gripped the cell tightly and she swallowed the lump she felt in her throat. 


"Come and get me." She whispered.