Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Val meets Hannah and Billy Hendricks




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Family Faceoff

Val drove up to Emily's after she got off from work. Matheson had been gone for five days and she had heard from him every evening after he came home from work. She missed him and couldn't wait to catch the train to Virginia.

He told her that the house was in excellent condition, though a bit dusty and he had hired a few people to help him clean it up as well as a couple of guys to clean up the yard. He told her that the weather was beautiful and that he couldn't wait for her to come down.

At first she was going to drive down, but Matheson suggested that she catch the train so that she could ride back with him. She even managed to get off a half day on Friday and that would put her in Virginia a little after 6 pm if she caught the 1:15 train. Emily had called her that morning and told her that Matheson had a few things he wanted Emily to send down by Val and she had agreed to stop by to pick them up.

She pulled into the driveway and noticed a white Lincoln parked in front of the door and figured that Emily must have some company. She hadn't planned on being there that long and she felt Emily would be tied up with them and that would work in her favor.

She decided to go around back as most likely Emily would be in the kitchen. She rang the bell that was on the back door and waited. She was surprised when an older woman answered the door. She was tall with mixed gray hair that was pulled back in a tight bun.

She wore a simple black skirt and pink blouse and the pale pink lipstick she wore did nothing to improve her features. She seemed to be wearing a permanent frown.

"May I help you" she asked looking down her nose at Val. She had her small wire framed glasses on a chain that hung around her neck. At the moment they were perched on her nose and she looked over them suspiciously at Val.

VaLysia looked back at her feeling the woman's immediate disapproval. With her guard firmly in place and her attitude apparent, she stared back at the woman defiantly.

"I'm here to see Emily" she said pushing her way past the woman walking into the house. So this must be Matheson's spinster aunt she thought. Val didn't like the way this woman was giving her the once over and appeared to quickly dismiss her.

"You can wait in the doorway and I'll get her" the woman snapped surprised at Val's boldness in walking past her into the house.

"No thanks" Val replied walking in and looking around for Emily.

"Who are you" the woman asked following her. "What are you selling?" Val could hear the irritation in the woman's voice.

Val turned around and faced her. "I'm VaLysia Chamberlayne. Who are you?" Val knew who she was, but she wasn't giving the woman the satisfaction of knowing that Matheson had talked about her.

"I'm Hannah Hendricks!" the woman replied. "Obviously you don't know who I am! Do you always come barging into people's homes uninvited?"

"I was invited" Val replied sitting down on a bar stool. "Where's Emily?"

Suddenly the woman's eyes narrowed. "You're the one, aren't you?"

"One what" Val asked glaring back at Hannah.

Hannah took her glasses off and let them hang by the chain around her neck. She looked at this black girl with large gold earrings and wondered what in the world Matheson saw in her. She wasn't ugly…but she wasn't pretty either! What in the world was wrong with her hair? She doubted if the girl could get a comb through those knots on her head! She wasn't a small girl by any means. Hannah looked at her and figured she had to be at least a size fourteen and those hips of hers! Black girls all seemed to have big hips she felt because they consumed too much junk food and grease! Surely her nephew could do better than this!

"You must be the woman that conned my nephew into a proposal. You're the girl that he's talking about marrying!" Hannah said in total disbelief. She walked over to Val and stuck her finger in her face. "I'm onto your game, Missy! You and your grandmother think you have set up a sweet deal for the rest of your lives! I know how you people think! We have convinced Matheson to get a pre-nup! You won't get a dime from Hannahs!"

Val stared back at her. She knew that the woman was lying. Boy, Matheson has some nutballs in his family too!

"A pre-nup?" Val responded laughing. "I haven't been asked to sign one and I doubt if Matheson wants one anyway."

"Don't be so sure of yourself!" Hannah shot back. "You will sign a pre nup!"

Just then a white haired man walked in the room. He was tall and handsome with piercing blue eyes like Gregory's. He was older than Gregory and Val knew it must be his older brother.

"Hi there" the man said grinning and extending his hand. "I'm William Hendricks." He turned to his sister. "I could hear you all the way down the hall."

"I'm VaLysia" Val responded smiling taking his hand.

"Ah, Matheson's girl, right?" William replied taking her hand. "I must say that you're not what I expected."

Val raised an eyebrow and drew her hand back. "What exactly were you expecting?"

"To be truthful" Hannah replied with her hands on her hips "We were expecting someone…more refined. It would seem to me that if Matheson would lower himself and his family name to marry a black girl, the least he could do is get one that dressed half way decent!"

Val's mouth fell open. "Refined? There's nothing wrong with the way I dress!"

" I would think that Matheson would choose someone worthy of the Hendricks name" Hannah replied waving her hand in a dismissive fashion at Val. "I expected a stunning beauty if Matheson chose a black girl. I'm just surprised at his taste that's all."

"Now Hannah, that wasn't nice" William replied looking from her to Val. "You don't know this girl. I mean, you don't know that much about her family…we don't want any repercussions You need to watch your mouth!"

Val looked at him. What was he talking about….repercussions? William looked at her worried.

"I'm sorry. I apologize for my sister. We don't want any trouble from your family." he replied running his hand through his hair.

"My family?" Val questioned. "What about my family?"

"He means that he doesn't want any of your thug relatives coming to your rescue" Hannah replied crisply. "I know how things operate. I was telling my brother earlier that Baltimore is known for its gangs! All black people have family members that belong to gangs. It's a proven fact!"

"Thug relatives? Gang members?" Val gasped in disbelief. These people were a trip! Next thing they'll be asking her is if she is in a gang!

"Look, I just stopped by because Emily asked me to" she said looking at the two of them. "Where is she?"

"She's upstairs" William replied. "We didn't mean any harm-"

Val walked by him and headed up the steps. She didn't want to hear anymore out of those two!

"Now just wait a minute!" Hannah snapped. Val ignored her. She wasn't going to stand around listening to their rhetoric. However she had never been upstairs in the house before and she wandered around looking for Emily. She didn't want to go back downstairs and hear anymore wild accusations.

She walked around not wanting to call out to Emily. She hadn't realized how big the house really was. She tapped lightly on a door and opened it. It was a bedroom and she noticed immediately a picture of Matheson on the wall. He looked about ten. The room was decorated for a boy and she wondered if it was his old room.

She walked around wondering what Matheson was like when he was a boy. She heard footsteps in the hall and peeked out the door and relived to see that it was Emily.

"Emily!" she said sticking her head out of the door.

"There you are!" Emily replied clapping her hands together. "I was wondering if those two had run you off."

"They almost did" Val said walking back into the hallway. "They think I'm after Matheson's money and that I have family that are gang members."

Emily rolled her eyes. "That Hannah! She watches too much television!"

She led Val into her bedroom.

"I have shipped those things Matheson wanted down to Virginia. They should arrive at the Train Station before you get there and he can pick the box up when he comes to get you." she said handing her a receipt.

Val then followed her back downstairs. They found Hannah and William sitting in the kitchen eating some coffee cake.

"You two need to mind your manners!" Emily said walking in with Val. "Don't be asking my future daughter-in-law a bunch of asinine questions!"

Hannah looked at them over her glasses which were now back on her nose.

"Someone needs to ask some questions around here. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of what's really going on between this woman and your son. You're blind as a bat, Emily. This so called love affair could just be a smokescreen, you know!"

"A smokescreen for what" Val asked clearly exasperated. "Matheson and I are in love."

Emily grabbed her long red hair and began to braid it in one braid. "Don't pay her any attention, VaLysia. She doesn't have the slightest concept of what it's like to love somebody. Hannah only loves herself!"

Val looked at William who was now licking the icing off of his fingers from eating the coffee cake.

"William here is sexually deprived, so he eats" Emily replied. She looked at Val. "The poor dear has never had a blow job! Can you imagine that?"

Hannah sat down the cup of coffee she was drinking. "Here we go again with the sex talk. Give it a break Emily. I'm sure the girl here can teach you a few things. She doesn't need to hear any of this."

Emily smiled at Hannah as if she were talking to a small child. "Hannah dear, any sex talk I speak of now is for your benefit. I am sure that VaLysia is getting good and plenty from my son."

"At one time I heard the boy was a little slow in that department" Hannah remarked casually. "You remember Jessica, that girl he was seeing a couple of years ago." She looked at Val. "Anyway I ran into her and she told me that your boy was a little fast on the trigger which is why she broke up with him."

Emily gasped and Hannah looked directly at Val. "Of course money can compensate for his shortcomings...and a good acting job, of course."

Val wanted to slap Matheson's aunt, but resisted. The old biddy needed to be brought down a peg or two.

"Emily I have to go" Val said looking at her and ignoring Hannah.

"Don't rush off" William said. "We haven't gotten to know our future niece yet."

Emily looked at Hannah. "You take back what you said about my Matheson! It's not true!" She turned to Val. "It's not true, is it Val?"

Seeing the concern on Emily's face, Hannah went for the jugular. "It's been said he's a little limp in the wrist too." She held out her hand dropping her wrist. "This whole marriage thing may just be some sort of coverup for what he's really into."

Val had heard enough. She turned to Emily. "Emily don't listen to her! What does she know!"

Emily looked at Val. "Tell her! Tell her it's not true!"

Val looked at Emily surprised. "I don't have to prove anything to anybody. Matheson is a man" She looked at Hannah. "All man...every inch a man. I love him and he loves me."

"That's good to hear" William replied. "Hannah seems to speculate that he's queer or bisexual."

"Well the boy could never keep a girl!" Hannah snapped. "Something's not right."

"You shut your mouth!" Emily snapped raising her voice. She began to pace back and forth and Val knew that things were about to get out of hand.

"Emily, you're not listening to her tales are you?" Val asked. She had to leave, but she didn't want to leave Emily upset. She turned to Hannah.

"What is your problem? You're a guest in her home. You need to mind your manners."

Hannah clucked her mouth. "And you're just the person to teach me, right? You're hiding something...you and Matheson! Emily needs to know the truth, girl."

"The truth?" Val snapped her voice rising. "The truth is that Matheson is all man and a very good lover! That's the truth. He's not gay and he's not bisexual either!"

Emily stopped pacing. "You tell her, VaLysia!"

"You need to stop listening to her Emily. You know your son." Val said watching Emily continue to pace.

"I know you love my Matheson" Emily said. "Hannah is just being mean, as usual."

"I think my sister thinks that with your experience with men that Matheson maybe somewhat lacking and that all this is about money." William said running his finger around the edges of the pan that the coffee cake was in. " Emily thinks that a marriage is based on sex, Hannah thinks that it's based on money. I think that it'll probably end anyway so you need a pre-nup. What do you say?"

"I say that I love Matheson" Val replied. "Emily, you have nothing to worry about. I love him. I don't want his money and if he wants me to sign a pre-nup I will."

"So the sex is good, right" Emily asked hopeful.

"Good God Emily! What do you expect the girl to say? I bet he's not as good as some of the black men she's been with. How could your son measure up to that? I've heard about how endowed those men are...like horses! Do you think that your son can compete with that?"

"You're stupid!" Val said looking at Hannah

and Hannah gasped at her remark in surprise.

Val looked at Emily. "Of course it's good. I love him."

"Good compared to what?" Hannah asked sarcastically.

This woman was really getting on Val's nerves. She wished that Emily would make her leave, but right now she could tell that the woman had upset Emily as she continued to pace back and forth.

"I don't make comparisons...and if I did, I wouldn't have anyone else to compare him to." Val snapped back at her without thinking.

William's eyes widened. "My, my...Matheson found himself an untouched virgin. I'm impressed."

Val was immediately embarrassed. Why had she let that woman get to her? "I've got to go." she mumbled to Emily.

"Well now I can see why the boy is so hell bent on getting married" Hannah replied. "I didn't think girls your age waited that long."

"You leave her alone" Emily snapped. "That's Mavis' granddaughter, you know! I wasn't surprised at all that my Matheson won her over. He's just like his father. " She turned to Val.

"Forgive my sister-in-law. She's never had sex in her life, so she doesn't understand. As I said before, William here has never had a blow job. They're both sexually deprived."

"Good god, there she goes again!" Hannah grumbled.

"I want you to know William I called Felicia earlier before you two arrived." Emily said walking over to him.

"What the devil did you do that for?" William asked surprised. He tossed the coffee cake pan in the sink.

"I told her that you needed a blow job." Emily replied running water in the pan.

"You did what" William gasped walking over to her. "You didn't!"

"I did!" Emily said adding the dish detergent. "I told her to give you a good blow job when you got home. I even gave her some pointers you know, so that she wouldn't gag."

"Oh good god!" Hannah snapped.

Emily turned to Val. "You give blow jobs don't you dear? I wouldn't want my boy to be deprived."

Val started to giggle in disbelief at their conversation. "Uh, I can guarantee you Emily, he's just fine"

"Good, I knew it!" She clapped her hands together. "He's been looking very drained and happy lately."

"Too much information!" Hannah hissed.

"Now Hannah here needs a good lay." Emily continued. "I bet if she met the right man who would just push those legs of hers way above her head and just lay it on her hard and fierce, she'd be a changed woman"

"No doubt" Val said giggling.

"God, Emily! I do not need sex to solve my problems! You are crazy!" Hannah snapped. "I'm doing just fine without it!"

"That's a matter of opinion." William replied. "I may owe you a lot if my wife follows your advice"

"Go on home and find out" Emily replied. "You will have to reciprocate, however. Do you eat pussy, William?"

Hannah jumped up. "That's enough! Don't answer that, William. She's crazy."

"Well do you?" Emily asked ignoring Hannah.

"I'm willing to try it" he admitted.

"Good. You're a little late...but better late than never" Emily replied.

"You're crazy as a bedbug!" Hannah hissed pointing her finger at Emily.

"Maybe, but I'm getting satisfied. You on the other hand, are not" Emily said grabbing Val's hand and leading her towards the door.

"I know you have to go. Kiss my baby for me"

She turned and looked back into the kitchen. "In fact, kiss him on the penis and think of me. "

Val could hear Hannah groan.

"Are you going to be alright with them here?" Val asked looking doubtful.

"Of course, dear" Emily replied back to her chipper self. "Gregory will be home any minute. You go on. I'll be just fine."

Val walked out to the car and wondered whose family was crazier, hers or Matheson's.