Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is an original fanfiction the characters are all mine.




Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the being of the harmlees moments?  Character names to be introduced in chapter two.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Its midnight and I should be sleeping but sleep is invading me. I want some loving but I m pissed at my boyfriend of two years. My friends told me by the third year this could happen. You start to drift apart. We are fighting more and more each day. I no longer try and look beautiful for you instead I walk around with in sweats and I have my hair pulled back in a messy pony tail. Its pretty cold sitting here looking at the skyline. We have the best view in New York city. Its sucks right now because its raining. I turned to look over my shoulder to see you sleeping soundly.

I shake and shiver as I make my way across the street to the café which is 24 hours. Someone knew what they were doing because the place is packed believe it or not. It is a Friday night or should I say early Saturday morning. I look around there are a lot of drunk people who look like they just left the club. I shake my head remembering those days of being carefree and no boyfriend to worry about disappointing by staying out late with the girls. I shake the thought away heading toward the counter to order. I didn’t notice him but he noticed me he would share this with me later.

Its 1:00 am and I m sitting in the corner of this café watching the drunk people around me laughing feeling no pain but trying to sober up with coffee. I hear the door chimes and look up to see the her. She is beautiful even with the sweats and a baseball cap. I notice her shiver and shake the rain off its still drizzling outside, She definitely isn’t coming from a club which makes me wonder why she would be out at this time of night. I look away before she sees me staring at her but out of the corner of my eye I watch for her .

I place my order and pay. While waiting I notice it starts to down pour. And I didn’t bring my umbrella. I will be soaked before I cross the street and walk home. .I take a moment to look around hoping there may be an empty seat where I could drink my tea and eat my muffin. There was one seat towards the back it was across from a man who looked preoccupied with his newspaper. I turned back to get my order when my number was called and made my way back to the vacant seat. I place my order down and shrugged off my damp jacket. I tried to be as nonchalant as possible not drawing any attention to myself except I forgot I was wearing my Victoria Secret pink suede sweat suit which said Pink across the bottom.

I pull my newspaper down when I hear a whistle coming from one of the drunk patrons. I look up to see and it’s the girl I was admiring earlier. I see her began to blush and try to act unaffected not wanting to draw attention to herself. I notice a guy making his way over to her and he is a big guy. I don’t now this woman but I feel the need to protect her. I put my paper down and put my plan into motion. I stand up and walk the short distance to her table. She is startled at first but I mouth follow my lead. “ Hey love our table is over here I guess you didn’t see me when you came in because I was reading the paper.” I took her jacket off the chair and moved her to my table. The drunk guy stopped in his tracks in his tracks apologizing not realizing we were together and told me I was one lucky dude before heading back over to his friends,

Wow is all I could think in my head as this total stranger saved me. He pulled my seat out for me before returning to his. I notice a few things about my knight in shining armor. He was handsome and very tall I would guess about 6’5 compared to my 5’7 height which is slightly above average for women. He had dirty blonde hair I wasn’t sure of the eye color and he smelled good, If you must know I m a sucker for cologne. He looks like Halle Berry’s baby’s daddy which means he is fine. Ok let me stop looking at this man like a piece of meat and focus on the fact I have a boyfriend and I would not be sitting at this table with a total stranger if weren’t having problems in our relationship.

I made my way back to my seat wondering what my next move would be. If you asked me earlier tonight what I would be doing it definitely would have not included sitting across from this gorgeous woman who looks better up close. She didn’t have on any make up. If I had to guess maybe some lip gloss or did her lips always look so shiny and kissable. She has a gray or green eyes they remind me of a mood ring. Her skin is light like caramel if I had to describe her she reminds me of a younger Vanessa Williams. When it comes to dating race isn’t a issue its about having chemistry and be compatible. I know I m getting ahead of myself because what are the chances she is single most likely not and the last thing I should be thinking about is dating.






Chapter End Notes:

Good morning chamber family. I love this website. This is only my second time posting a story. I hope you give it a chance. Feedback is helpful as I try to develop as a writer. Have a great weekend.