Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So this is the chapter where I was going to attempt to write something a little less PG, but I chickened out (I haven't quite worked up to that style of writing). Ergo, the rating change, sorry to dissapoint. But to make it up to you I'm posting this chapter and four others tonight. So stick around.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Scott, Deidre, Emi and Miguel sat outside in the park watching the Fourth of July fireworks. Earlier in the evening, Scott and Miguel attempted to grill hotdogs and hamburgers, but it did not go so well. They ended up burning everything and the four went out to eat.

"I thought you said you knew how to grill Scott," Deidre said as the fireworks went off overhead. “I find it kind of ironic that you can't because you’ve cooked for me in the past. I mean you make pasta from scratch. Grilling shouldn’t be that hard.”

"I do know how to grill, it's just these park grills are a little harder to use."

"Right."

"Had I'd known neither of you could grill, I would have done it myself. Grilling is an artform that you obviously have not mastered." Emi said.

"You can grill?" Scott asked.

"You’re not the only chef here Scott. Em is a pretty good cook and grilling happens to be one of her specialties." Miguel explained.

"Then why wasn't she grilling in the first place?" Deidre asked.

"Because I can grill, and typically men man the grill." Scott said.

Deidre rolled her eyes, "Scott, you realize we live in the 21st century. I need for you to join me in it”

"I was kidding." He laughed.

Emi threw a ball of aluminum foil at Scott while Deidre punched him in the arm. "Why are you attacking me?" Scott asked as he looked to Miguel for help.

"Don't look at me. You got yourself into this mess. I know how not to offend the woman I’m dating."

As the last of the fireworks went off, the four friends gathered their things, packing up the blankets and remnants of the ice cream they bought after dinner. "We should do this again. But next time I'm cooking. Never let a man do a job a woman can do better," Emi said, shouldering her purse.

"I agree." Deidre said, looking at the two men that stood in front of them. Scott rolled his eyes while Miguel smiled and remained silent.

They all waved goodbye and the two couples got into their separate cars and headed to their separate destinations.

Scott pulled up to Deidre's building and turned off the car. "We are here,” Scott said opening the door.

"So it seems," Deidre got out and went to the back seat to get the blankets. Scott walked over to her side and took the items out of her hands. " Thanks."

"Today was fun," Scott said as they climbed the stairs.

“Yeah, but it would have been much better if you and Miguel knew how to cook food on a grill." Deidre unlocked her door and stepped inside. Scott followed her and put the blankets on an empty armchair.

Deidre walked into the kitchen, getting two beers out of the refrigerator. She then returned to where Scott had sat down on the sofa and sat down next to him.

"Emi is right we do need to hang out more. Our bar nights have become few and far between. I like watching you beat her in darts." Scott said.

"Or we could go to the billiards bar. She still hasn't been there yet. Emi claims she's an expert, when it comes to playing pool. She and I could kill you and Miguel."

"That is what you think."

Deidre smiled, "That's what I know." She took a sip of beer and then leaned her head back on the sofa.

Scott watched as she closed her eyes and her breathing began to even out. He smiled in wonder as he thought; even doing something as simple as breathing she is beautiful. "You know Deidre, you're hot."

"You are just trying to get into my pants."

"Is it working?"

"Perhaps," Deidre rolled her head over and looked at Scott. She smiled at his smirk. "What?"

"Nothing."

"There is something, so what?" Deidre asked frustrated.

Scott leaned in and kissed Deidre lightly at first. The kiss deepened quickly and grew into something more than his original intent. His hand slid underneath her shirt and found its way to her bra-clad breast.

Although thoroughly enjoying the feel of Scott’s hand under her shirt and his lips on hers, Deidre pulled away to breathe. "Perhaps we should take this somewhere more comfortable." Deidre suggested as she leaned her head on Scott's forehead.

"I don't know your couch is pretty comfortable." Scott smiled.

Ignoring his comments, Deidre removed Scott’s hand from her shirt, stood and pulled him up. She then proceeded to lead him to her bedroom.

Once inside, Deidre to continued what they started. She had her back to the bed as Scott steered them in the right direction. Before her knees hit the bed, Scott stopped and looked into her eyes, "You sure about this?"

"I never would have pegged you to ask that question Scott."

"Normally I wouldn't, but since we both had a few drinks, I want to make sure this is something you will not regret in the morning."

"I'm perfectly capable of making semi-rational decisions at the moment…"

"Semi-rational?" Scott questioned.

"Well, when you're this close to me Scott it's kind of hard for me to think." Deidre explained.

"Oh." Scott laughed.

"As I was saying, before you interrupted me, I definitely will not regret this in the morning." Deidre said. Emphasizing her statement, she ran her hands down his chest and gathered his t-shirt in her hands.

Scott lifted his arms while Deidre removed his shirt.

Scott smiled, "Good." He continued to guide them to the bed until Deidre's knees hit and she fell backwards onto the bed.

The sun lit the room and Deidre strained her eyes, trying to get her bearings. As her eyes began to adjust to the light streaming in, Deidre turned to see Scott's amused eyes string at her. "What?" she asked.

"You look so harmless in the morning." Scott said.

Deidre took the pillow that was behind her head and slapped him in the face. She then leaned down and kissed him. "Good morning Scott."

"Morning Deidre. I don't appreciate being hit in the face with a pillow first thing in the morning."

"I don't appreciate being called harmless; it's bad for my reputation. If word got out that I’m a softie, then I would not be able to do my job properly.” Deidre retaliated.

"I know, and that's one of the reasons I love you."

Deidre sat silently in the bed for a moment in shock, as she grasped what Scott had just said. She then smiled, "You know, most men say that before they sleep with a woman, not after."

"Yeah well, I want more than just good sex Deidre."

"That's a relief."

"Why is that?"

"Because I think I've fallen for you Dr. Walker." Deidre smiled and looked at her bed companion who had a smug smile on his face. "Don't let it go to your head Scott." Deidre lay back down and rested her head on Scott's bare chest.