Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"I was creative in my date plans, that’s something else new." Scott said leaning back in the passenger seat of the car. He was beginning to understand the type of relationship he had with his wife. And how he won her over.

“Yeah, you were quite creative.” Deidre said.

Scott closed his eyes and was enjoying the ride. As the car slowed down, Scott looked out of the window. It seemed as if all of Seattle decided it was a good time to go for a drive. The road was backed up with traffic.

“I talked to Hannah,” Deidre said jolting Scott out of his musings.

“What?” Scott said confused

 “I talked to Hannah and she'll be over at the house in a few hours."

"Hannah, as in my sister?"

"Yes, your sister Hannah."

"When did she move here?" Scott asked.

"About five months after we started dating."

"I never thought Hannah would leave the big apple. When she moved there for college, she told me that she couldn't see herself living anywhere else but there."

"She surprised you when she came here and your parents too." Deidra said.

 

It was September, five months had already passed since Scott and Deidra had started dating. Saturday nights were their movie nights, but this Saturday was different. Scott had worked instead of taking off like he usually did. He got home a few hours before Deidra was due to come over with movies and Chinese food. When he reached the door of his apartment, he found his way blocked by a blonde with brown eyes sitting in front of his door.

"What the hell are you doing here, Hannah?" He asked pulling the young woman off of the floor and into a hug.

“I’m waiting for you.” She said.

“That much I gathered. But what are you doing in Seattle?”

"Well, I got a job offer; it was the best one, so I took it. Mom and Dad were surprised when I told them I was moving out here, but they supported my decision."

Scott unlocked his door and the two walked into the apartment. "So, where are you staying, have you found a place yet?"

"Nope I'm still searching. But, for now I'm staying in a hotel. I remember you told that you’ve been seeing someone and I do not want to be here on the nights she stays over."

"I see," Scott said walking into his bedroom to put up his briefcase.

"When do I get to meet this girlfriend of yours?" Hannah asked picking up a statue and looking it over.

"She's actually coming over tonight to watch movies. She's supposed to be bringing Chinese food. So do you want to play checkers until she gets here?" Scott asked as he came out from the back. Checkers with Hannah was special for Scott. He had taught her to play when she was younger and it was the way they bonded.

"Sure." Hannah sat down at the table. "I still can't believe you've been seeing the same woman for five months, and you haven't cheated on her and she’s not married. That's like some kind of record for you Scott."

Hannah knew her brother very well. She knew he had a tendency to date tall model-type women, and she knew he had a long record of infidelity.

"Whatever, Hannah. Just make your move already."

Exactly an hour after they commenced their first game of checkers, there was a knock on the door. Scott just happened to be in the bathroom at that time. Hannah got up from her position on at the table and answered the door.

"Hello," she said to the woman on the other side.

"Um hi. Who are you?"

Hannah smiled, "I'm Hannah, Scott's beloved little sister and you are?"

"Deidra James. He didn't tell me you were going to be here." She said stepping into the apartment.

Hannah studied Scott's guest. She looked her up and down and decided that this could not be the woman her brother was dating. Deidra was not Scott's type. She was beautiful, yes, but she definitely could not pass for a model; she was too short. Then again, Hannah really didn't know what her brother’s type was. She remembered from her childhood hearing her brother Kevin saying anything with two legs and a vagina was Scott's type. Hannah laughed inwardly at the memory; she remembered after Kevin had said that, she went to her parents and asked what it meant. Needless to say, Kevin was severely punished for making those types of comments in front of her.

Hannah watched as Deidra made herself at home. She had put her light jacket on a chair and took the food into the kitchen. "Where's Scott?"

"I'm right here," he said coming out of the bathroom. "Did you get the…"

"It's in there. Have I ever forgotten to get it?" She asked interrupting him before he could finish the questions.

"That is one of the many reasons I love you." Scott said as he placed a kiss on her cheek.

Deidra rolled her eyes and went to the refrigerator. "Funny, I always thought it was because I'm hot, I'm good in bed, and I have more athletic ability than you." Deidra said, making a reference to their newest game of who’s better.

"That too, except for the thing about athletic ability, because I do recall kicking your ass last week when we played basketball with Callie and Miguel."

Hannah watched the entire scene play out in front of her and was mesmerized by what she saw. She had never met a woman who could dish what her brother served right back to him. To be honest, they seemed a little like an old married couple. Maybe there was more to their relationship than the obvious physical attraction between the two of them.

"So Deidra, Scott said you were supposed to bring a movie." Hannah said interrupting them.

"I did but it looks like the two of you are having a fun time playing board games I'd like to join in. Are you any good at scrabble?" Deidra smirked.

"I can hold my own, why?"

"If you team up with Scott, you might actually make a formidable opponent." Deidra said.

"What do you mean?"

"I have played Deidre in Scrabble quite a few times,” Scott explained. "I've never come close to winning against her. I think it has something to do with all those legal terms floating around in her head. Although, I am getting better."

Deidra rolled her eyes and sat down at the table.

"I'm in then. I have a pretty extensive vocabulary." Hannah said sitting back in her vacated chair.

"I hope you know more words than your brother. He's terrible at this game."

"Hey, that's not a nice thing to say."

"Hey is for horses. And I can't help it if it's true Scott."

"But I've been getting better," Scott whined.

Deidra rolled her eyes and handed Hannah the bag. "Here pick a letter."

After watching the interaction between Deidra and Scott, Hannah knew that this woman was the perfect match for her brother and that one day, in the not so distant future, she would become her sister-in-law.






Chapter End Notes:

Hannah's picture will be posted as soon as I get the rest of the chapters uploaded.