Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The sun shone into the room holding most of the female members of the bridal party. Beth was the first to wake up to the pounding on the door. She looked around for a clock to see the time. The wedding would begin in six hours and they were all still sleeping. As the obnoxious noise of someone banging on the door continued, more of the women began to wake up, including the bride.

Getting up from her place on the couch, Beth answered the door. On the other side, stood Hannah. "Morning Hannah, what’s up?"

"Morning to you too Beth. Apparently, I've become the official message person. Scott wanted to make sure you guys were up. His exact words were, 'it takes women a long time to get ready for anything, so it must take them a really long time for them to get ready for a wedding."

"Well, we're up now." Deidre said coming to the door. "Why didn't you stay in here with us last night? You're a bridesmaid."

"It’s okay I hung out with Jessica and Rachel. Besides, I didn't want to intrude or anything."

"You wouldn't have been intruding, Rebecca's not a bridesmaid and she spent the night."

"On a very uncomfortable pallet on the floor. Had I known I would have gone back to my room with my sexy quack husband." Rebecca said.

Deidre rolled her eyes, "You had fun though."

"Yeah, up until the going to sleep part." Rebecca said. "I'm going to go take a shower and get dressed. I'll be back up when I'm done to help you guys out." Rebecca left the room and made her way to her own hotel room.

"I should go too. I'll be back as soon as I finish my shower, and put on some clothes. Did you say the hairstylist and make-up artist would be here at 10?" Emi said picking up her things.

"Yes, so I want you back in here in exactly an hour, Emi. I know how you like to be late." Deidre said.

"That's thirty minuets before they're due to arrive."

"And? No excuses." Deidre called as Emi rolled her eyes and walked toward the elevator. "So it's the three of us then?" She said as she looked around.

"I'll be back in thirty minuets, I'm going to take a shower and check on Matthew. Your brother turns into a little kid himself sometimes. I'm thinking of dropping Matt off in your mother's room so she can get him dressed." Beth said.

"All right then. Thanks for staying with me last night. It was fun, and you guys helped a lot."

"No problem Deidre. Don’t worry about anything, everything is going to be just fine."

"I hope you're right Beth."

"I know I'm right. See you in a little bit." Beth waved and also disappeared down the hall.

"Are you going back to your room too?" Deidre asked.

"No, all my stuff is in here actually," Hannah smiled. "I never took it down to my room last night. Things just got so hectic."

"Okay then…” Before Deidre could finish her sentence, there was another knock on the door. She opened it. Jessica was on the other side.

“Good morning. I hope I’m not late.” Jessica said stepping into the room.

“Not at all. Beth and Rebecca just left to go get ready.” Deidre said.

“Where’s my buddy?” Hannah asked referring to Rachel.

“She is with your parents. I was going to leave her with your mom, Deidre, but she said she was going to have Matthew while we were getting ready. I didn’t want to bog her down too much. So what were you ladies about to do?”

“I was getting ready to ask Hannah if she wants to take a shower first?" Deidre said looking over to the blonde.

Hannah smiled, "Sure, I will go do that."

While Hannah was in the bathroom taking her shower, Jessica sat down and opened up Deidre’s laptop.

“What are you doing?” Deidre asked.

“I was told to play a song for you.”

“By whom?”

“Your future husband.” Jessica replied before she started the song.

Deidre smiled as she recognized the first few chords of the song ‘Sunday Morning,’ by Maroon 5. After the song finished, she picked up the phone and dialed Scott’s room number.

"Hello?" Scott said.

"Hey, did you really think it was necessary to send your sister to wake us up?”

“Knowing how long you and Beth or you and Rebecca talk on the phone, I assumed the three of you would be up late into the night talking.”

“You know me well.” Deidre said.

“Of course I do.”

“And having Jessica play the song was a sweet touch. Did you pick that one because it is Sunday Morning, or for some other reason.”

“A little bit of both. How corny would it sound if I said the song reminds me of you?” Scott asked.

Deidre laughed. “It would be very corny. Are you going to tell me what song you chose for our dance?”

“It’s a surprise. And you agreed to having it be a surprise so don’t complain.”

“I know I said I was okay with you choosing the song, but Emi got me to thinking… And now I’m worried.”

“Don’t be worried Deidre. I know how much this means to you, and it means just as much to me.” Scott said.

“Alright. How’s everything going?”

"Oh, everything's going fine. Is the entirety of your gang still there?"

"No, Emi, Beth and Becca went to their rooms. Your sister is in the shower and Jessica is sitting on the couch. She left Rachel with your mother.”

"Oh, I see. What about you? How are you doing, still want to do this thing?" Scott asked.

"I'm up to it if you are," Deidre joked.

"I'm being serious Deidre."

Deidre sighed, "I know, yes I still want to do this thing as you so eloquently put it.”

"That's what I like to hear. So in six hours, I'll get to see you all dolled up in your dress walking down the aisle?"

"Yes, only six hours away."

"I should get going then you've got a lot to do." Scott said.

"You should, especially since along with the music you are in charge of making sure everything with the resort is set up correctly." Deidre smiled.

"No worries, I plan on getting Kevin to fulfill his best man duties.” Scott laughed. “I’ll see you later. I’ll be the guy at the end of the aisle wearing a tux.”

"Aren’t Kevin, Miguel and Ben also wearing tuxedos?"

“Yeah, but they’re standing to the side of the aisle not at the end of it.” Scott explained.

“Okay, Scott.” Deidre laughed.

“I’ll talk to you later. I love you.”

“I know.”

"The correct response is that you love me too."

"Well I thought that was obvious. For who else would I have spent hours shopping, searching for the perfect dress? Listen, being even more amazing and brilliant than I am on a regular basis is hard work. You're the only person I'd ever go through this for. That is what I call love."

"Bye Deidre."

"Bye Scott." Deidre put the phone back on the hook and looked around the room. She spotted Jessica still sitting on the couch shaking her head with a huge grin on her face. A few minutes later, Hannah stepped out of the bathroom.

"I'm done. Your turn." She said as she dried her hair with the towel.

An hour after Emi and Beth had left the room; they were back with their dresses in a bag. Both had on sweat pants and t-shirts.

"Deidre, we're back thirty minuets before the people are supposed to show up and make us beautiful. Are you happy?" Emi asked as she hung her garment bag on the door.

"Yes, I'm very happy. You're never on time."

"Whatever."

The five women sat around talking, as they waited for the hair and makeup artists to arrive. In the middle of their conversation about the best place to shop for shoes in Seattle, the stylists arrived with their cases and boxes of stuff.

"Good morning Deidre, are you ready for today?" One woman asked as she began to set up a station for herself.

"I'm ready as I'm going to get Claire."

"So I brought Lisa, Ollie and Nevaeh to help with your bridesmaids’ hair. There are four of us and five of you so who wants to go last?" Claire asked.

"I think Deidre should go last so she can have the most attention. It is her day and all." Beth said.

"Okay, and you're?"

"I'm Beth, Deidre's sister-in-law. This is Emi and Jessica, friends of Deidre, and Hannah, the groom's sister."

"What about the flower girl? Are we doing anything with her hair?" Claire asked as she looked around.

"Oh, I completely forgot about Margot. I'll go get her, do you want me to bring Sam in too?" Hannah asked as she headed for the door.

"I believe you know the answer to that question already Hannah," Deidre said.

"You're right I do. I was just making sure. I'll be back in a few minutes." With that, Hannah disappeared from the room.

"So Emi is it?"

"Yes."

"Right, I will do your hair, Ollie you can do Beth's hair and Neveah you’ve got Jessica. Lisa that leaves you with Hannah and the flower girl, Margot." Claire dictated. "Let's get this show on the road."

After Hannah and Margot returned, and while they were getting their hair styled, the make-up artist showed up with his team.

"Sorry I'm late. The traffic was unbelievable." The man said as he walked into the room.

"Richie, please. It's New Year's Day. You know people are still hung-over from last night." Deidre said hugging the make-up artist.

"Yeah well, whatever. I'm here now." Richie looked around at the very active room. "This should be easy, all of you women look fabulous and you haven't even put on your dresses. There are only five of you I have to do."

"What about me? Can I wear lipstick Deidre?" Margot asked from the chair she was getting her hair done in.

"Margot, I think your mother would kill me if I allowed you to wear make up so no." Deidre said.

"Deidre I do have some clear lip gloss, that shouldn't be too bad." Riche said trying to compromise. It was obvious that Margot had been looking forward to wearing real make-up for the first time.

"It should be alright Deidre. If Sam asks, I'll tell her that I was the one who said it was okay." Hannah said.

"Fine then."

Three hours after the hairstylists arrived, everyone was finished getting their hair and make-up done. With only an hour before the wedding was supposed to start, the women were rushing trying to get dressed. After Emi, Hannah, Jessica and Beth finished putting on their midnight blue dresses, they helped Deidre into hers. The dress was fairly simple; they just wanted to make sure they did not mess up her hair and make-up as she got in it.

"So how do I look?" Deidre asked.

"Scott is gonna' die." Emi smiled at her friend.

"That's what I like to hear." As she grabbed her bouquet, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Beth said. "Hi Nora."

"Hi girls, is Deidre ready?" She asked stepping into the room.

"Yes mom, I'm ready."

"You look wonderful dear but I believe you're missing something." Nora said as she handed her daughter a jewelry box.

"Mom, what's this?" Deidre asked as she opened it.

"I wore this on my wedding day. So did my mother, and your great grandmother."

Deidre looked at the strand of pearls that lay inside the box. "Mom it's beautiful."

"I never thought I was going to be able to see you wear these, and now look at you." Nora said as tears ran down her face.

"Mom, please don't cry now." Deidre hugged her mother.

"I know, I know. Your father should be up here any minute. My baby, all grown up." Nora patted Deidre's face.

"Okay mom."

"It's two we should get down stairs," Michael said walking into the room. He smiled at his daughter, "Ready Deidre?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that question? Yes I'm ready."

Everyone left and made their way downstairs.

 






Chapter End Notes:

So there is a possibility that me posting like a maniac will slow down. I'm getting close to where I originally ended the story, but I'm adding a few extra chapters so those have to be written completely from scratch.