Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Two weeks had passed since Emi walked down the aisle, but more importantly it was the weekend that Scott and Deidre were moving into their new home. With two bedrooms and two and a half baths, it was a nice size for the both of them. The couple determined the extra bedroom would function as both an office and a guest room.

Standing in the center of the room, Hannah looked around at the boxes that contained the life of her future sister-in-law and wondered why on earth she had agreed to help them move. "I don't understand Deidre. If you don't like shopping, then where did all this stuff come from?"

“I was wondering the same thing.” Jessica said coming back into the apartment.

"When I do go shopping, I sometimes get carried away. I buy what I think I need and forget what I already have. It's a bad habit, I know. Now don't just stand there you two, grab a box to put into the car." Deidre instructed as she walked out of the door.

Hannah shook her head and grabbed the box closest to her labeled 'bedroom’ while Jessica picked up another box labeled kitchen. Outside, Hannah was greeted with the sight of her brother loading her jeep with the many boxes from Deidre's apartment. "Hey Scott."

"Hey Hannah, thanks for volunteering to help out." Scott smiled.

"Yeah well I didn't know my car would be in service too, I want gas money for this."

"Don't worry about it Hannah. When we're all done, Scott is taking you out to eat." Deidre said heading back into the building to retrieve more stuff.

Hannah smiled and set the box she was carrying down next to her brother before she went back inside.

Scott turned to Jessica who also sat a box down next to him, “why is it that I’m always being volunteered to pay for something?” Scott asked.

“Well this time it is kind of your own fault.” Jessica responded.

“In what way?”

“You should have asked your sister before loading up her car with boxes.” Jessica said.

Scot thought about it for a second and shook his head. “I don’t think so. If I were to help Hannah move, she would load my car up with her stuff too.”

“It’s not the same Scott. You’re her big brother; you’re supposed to do things like that.” Jessica laughed before walking back inside to go upstairs to Deidre’s apartment.

“I don’t think I’ll ever understand the type of logic women use.” Scott said to himself.

The next two days went pretty much the same way, with Deidre, Hannah and Jessica bringing the stuff out and Scott loading it in the car. When they completed the final task of moving and getting the stuff into the house, the four went out to eat.

“Jessica where’s your adorable daughter been the past few days?” Hannah asked.

“Rachel has been with the sitter.” Jessica said.

“Jess, do you have family that lives around here?” Scott asked. As much time as he and Deidre had spent with the young law student, he never heard her talk about any relatives.

“No. Really it’s just Rachel and me. My dad was a police officer and he died before I was born, my mom left shortly after my seventh birthday. My grandmother raised me after that, and she died while I was in college.” Jessica explained.

“Wow, I’m sorry to hear that.” Hannah said.

“Yeah, well life happens right? I’m just happy that I have the people in my life I have. If that makes any sense.”

“Yeah it makes a lot of sense.” Scott said.

“How about we talk about something else?” Jessica said.

"I have a question,” Hannah said. “So as I was looking around your new house I noticed that the furniture is all mixed up. When are you going to fix that?"

"That's next week's project." Deidre said.

"It is?" Scott asked.

"Yes it is. Scott we cannot have the house looking like that for any extended period of time. On top of that we have to get a desk and bedroom set for the guest room."

"Right."

"So whose bedroom set are you using again?" Jessica asked.

"Mine, I only bought it a year and a half ago. And it seems to work pretty well and Scott doesn’t have a problem with it.” Deidre said.

“Really, you don’t have any problem with it?” Hannah asked her brother.

“Nope, mine was old and I actually really like the furniture Deidre has.”

“So that’s one less thing you two have to buy then.” Jessica said.

After finishing their meal, Scott, Deidre, Hannah and Jessica stepped outside into the cool night air.

“Thanks for the meal you guys. I’ll call you later Deidre to talk about my options for the BAR exam.” Jessica left the group and walked off to her car.

"Thanks for dinner Scott. And I'll call you later so you can take me shopping." She smiled.

"Why am I taking you shopping again?"

"I helped you move out and in."

"I paid for your dinner!" Scott said.

"That is so not enough. Good night Deidre." Hannah wave and headed to her own car.

Scott and Deidre walked across the parking lot to their car. When they got home, they looked around the semi-furnished living room. "Well, I'm really stuck with you now." Deidre said heading up the stairs to the master bedroom.

"You don't have to say it like that Deidre. Besides, you're not completely stuck until you say I do."

"Right, I'm going to take a shower."

"How about we see if the shower is big enough for the both of us?" He said as he walked up behind her.

"I think I could work with that." Deidre smiled as she walked out of his embrace and into the bathroom.

The next Saturday Scott found himself in a furniture store, looking at desks and matching bed sets. As the man explained all the benefits of the different materials, Scott began to dose off.

"Are you paying attention?" Deidre asked as the man led them to another section of the store.

"I'm trying to, but Ralph here is so boring. What kind of person finds the difference between metal and wood fascinating?"

"And you think I'm having fun here?"

"Well yeah. Don't you women love doing this type of thing?"

Deidre rolled her eyes and left her fiancé standing by the sofas.

Finding nothing of interest at the store they were in, Scott and Deidre moved on to look somewhere else. This time in order to stay awake, and just for plain fun, Scott decided to mess with Deidre while the nice young lady showed them different pieces.

As Lesli, the nice young lady, pointed out a particular desk, Scott whispered in Deidre's ear. "You know that desk doesn't look like it is sturdy."

"What are you talking about Scott?"

"Well, how on earth are we going to christen our new furniture if it can't hold us?" Scott asked.

Deidre smirked at his comment, "Is sex the only thing you think about?"

"I'm a man."

She shook her head.

"Is this one not to your liking?" Lesli asked as she noticed Deidre's movement.

"No, not at all. Do you have anything stronger?" Scott asked.

"We have a more durable wood desk this way." Lesli lead the couple to another section of the store. "We have had a lot of people buy this desk…"

"No that one won't do either," Scott interrupted.

Lesli looked dumbfounded. "O-okay." She stuttered as they moved right along.

"What are you doing Scott?" Deidre asked.

"Trying to find the perfect desk. You see I've had this fantasy, you'd think I would have lived it out by now, that involves you me and a desk." He smirked.

Trying hard not to smile, Deidre turned around and faced him completely. Moving close to his ear Deidre whispered, "well, the fewer comments you make, the faster we can pick out a desk. And trust me, as soon as it's up, we can live out all of your dirty little fantasies okay?" She then casually walked away, while Scott once again was left standing in the aisle.