Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

user posted image

Janae Bromwell

user posted image

Taylor Caldwell

user posted image

Danielle Parks

user posted image

Brandon Lanero





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 1

“You’re being unreasonable, Cameron. Why can’t I go to the prom with Luke?” 18 year old Janae Aleese Bromwell or Nay, asked as she played with her 2 ½ year old niece Kendall, or Kendy as she was so affectionately called.

“Because he’s not right, Doodles. I know boys…trust me. He’s just looking for an easy lay,” Cameron replied as his wife Tavin walked by and popped him on the head. Tavin shrugged her shoulders as she rubbed her small 5 month belly. Her hair was in a high ponytail and she looked so beautiful to him, even if she was about to kick his ass. But he didn’t care, because he was very protective of his sister-n-law. Janae was the little sister he never had and he wasn’t going to stand by and let some little mack in training hurt her. Nope. Uh uh. Not on his watch.

“Cameron, don’t say it like that,” Tavin replied as she resumed cooking dinner.

“My bad. Let me rephrase it then. He just wants to get in your Vickie C's, Nay. Is that PC enough for you, baby?” Cameron asked from the sofa as he turned the TV.

“You are such an…cover the baby’s ears and bring her out of here, Doodles…asshole,” Tavin replied as she gave him an evil stare. Janae picked up Kendall and walked out of the room. Cameron grinned at her and winked.

“But you love me, don’t you?” Cameron asked. Tavin looked slowly at her pregnant belly and back at Cameron.

“Currently…hell no,” she replied to her husband as she gave him the finger. Cameron puckered his lips at her as the doorbell rang.

“See that one? I know I’m in trouble. Kendy’s too cute and that’s the reason she ain’t leaving this house without me and my nine until she’s 30. Matter of fact, I’m going to find out how I can put GPS tracking on her ass. Boys are sheisty,” Cameron replied as he jumped up to answer the door. He hoped it was Janae’s little player boyfriend in question so he could scare the crap out of him.

“Good evening, Caldwell’s. I smell grub and it smells good. I must have came at the right time,” Taylor replied as he walked through the door smiling. Cameron clasped his little brother’s hand as he led him into the house.

“You always come at dinner time, you freeloader,” Cameron replied taking in his brother’s appearance.

“Yeah, well, I’m single and you guys live 15 minutes away. I get to eat good and save money. Works for me,” Taylor replied as he walked over to kiss Tavin on the cheek.

“Hey, hottest sister-in-law in the world,” Taylor said with a charming grin. Tavin shook her head. Cameron and this boy were too much alike.

“You’re going to eat, don’t worry Taylor,” Tavin said.

“Just making sure,” Taylor said, still grinning.

“I don’t know why you come over here all the time and eat us out of house and home, Taylor,” Cameron said.

“You're so full of shit. I'm not taking the clothes off your back or food out of your mouth. I know how much your're worth, so don't even try that I'm making you starve crap. Besides, between the ladies and work and the ladies and school, I don’t have the time, and my gorgeous, lovely sis always cooks enough for an army. Might as well come over and partake. Plus, I get to spend time with my cute niece and give you all the pleasure of my company. I know you guys love it when I come over. You get to see a glimpse of what your life used to be like, you know, before the sperm and egg united,” Taylor said with a confident grin.

"Up yours, Taylor," Cameron said.

“You are something else, boy,” Tavin stated as she shook her head.

“I know, I know. Damn, Tav, you’re still not showing,” Taylor replied as he grinned at his sister-in-law.

“Thanks, Taylor. Tell me something I don’t know,” Tavin replied as she smiled at her favorite brother-in-law.

“She didn’t start really showing with Kendy until she was 6 months, and that girl was 8 lbs, 12 ounces,” Cameron replied with a grin.

“I remember that. Tav was inhaling everything in sight, but she still had this little bump going on. We were scared to eat around you because we thought you would hurt us...that, and we also thought you had a tapeworm,” Taylor said as Tavin threw a carrot at him. He ducked and laughed.

"You really want to get kicked out before you get your free grub, don't you?" Tavin asked.

“No, so let me go back to the charm. Even though you're pregnant, you're more beautiful than ever. You've got some good genes, Tav. Okay. Is that good enough to keep my place setting?" Taylor asked as Tavin laughed.

"You did good, boy...you did good," she said.

"I still don’t know why you settled with Gramps over there, but it’s okay. I’m finally over it,” Taylor replied referring to Cameron as Tavin laughed.

“You’re finally over my wife, huh?” Cameron asked with a grin.

“Yeah, I mean, you knocked her up. I had no choice but to give her up. So, where’s my cutie pie?” Taylor asked referring to Kendall.

“In the back with Nay,” Tavin replied.

“Hey Doodles,” Taylor yelled.

“Hey Taylor,” Janae yelled back from the room. Janae looked at herself in the mirror. It was spring and she had on her usual house clothes…a red tank top and black velour capri’s. She fluffed her hair as she thought about Taylor Caldwell, with those gorgeous hazel eyes, that tall swimmers frame and that chiseled body. The man was so fine, she thought as she fixed her hair. Ever since she came to live with her sister and brother-in-law, she had the biggest crush on Taylor, but he only saw her as family, just a kid.

“One day, he’s going to realize I’m not little anymore,” Janae thought to herself as she put on clear lipgloss and smiled at her niece.

“Want a piggy back ride, boo boo?” she asked as Kendall smiled and nodded her head so her glossy, curly black pigtails swayed back and forth.

“Yeah, tee tee. Piggy back, piggy back,” she yelled in that cute voice of hers as she put her on her back as she walked back to the front with her niece on her back.

“So, how’s life at CI and getting the MBA going?” Tavin asked the 24 year old who was being groomed to be CFO of Caldwell Industries. Taylor always wanted to be in charge of the family business. Cameron only did investing for the company while running his restaurants and Logan was head of the Legal Department and that was all they wanted. Jossyln and Taylor, however loved the business and they were always with their father or grandfather, learning everything they could. Josslyn was just appointed CEO and she was damn good at her job. Taylor, however loved money and he was itching to be CFO. It would come, eventually he thought. He still made good money as a Senior Financial Officer, but he wanted more and he would eventually get it.

“It’s going. I thought that it would be hard, but it’s not. When I finish this MBA, I’m thinking about getting a Masters in Finance, I don’t know,” Taylor replied.

“The boy loves numbers more than you do, Lovely,” Cameron replied smiling at Tavin.

“No, I love money more than she does. Get it right,” Taylor replied as he saw Janae walk down the stairs with Kendall on her back. Janae smiled brightly at him and he nodded his head to her as he took off his tie. Janae was a sweet kid, always had been. He couldn’t believe that it had been 3 years since she came to live with Cameron and Tavin. His entire family fell completely in love with her. Yeah, Janae and that spunky, loving life attitude had won everyone over.

“Hey, Taylor, do you remember Doodles boyfriend Luke?” Cameron asked.

"Oh, come on Cam. Don't start with that again," Janae said.

“Yeah. The pretty boy shithead?” Taylor asked as Janae walked in with Kendall. Taylor smiled at her and then grabbed his niece off her back.

“You are not calling someone else a pretty boy, pretty boy,” Janae replied as she looked at Taylor. He was the epitome of pretty boy, still dressed in his clothes from work. The man was totally fine, but then again, all the Caldwell men were, she thought. She knew that calling him a pretty boy would get to him, because although he was simply gorgeous, he did not act that way.

“Alright, you. But seriously, Nay, your boy is always checking his hands or his hair or his sneaks or some shit. I mean, he’s always worried about looking perfect. I don’t see how you get any mirror time when you’re with him. Hey, cutie pie,” Taylor replied to his gorgeous niece as he gave her a high five. Kendall gave him one back and giggled as Taylor picked her up over his head and blew raspberries on her belly.

“Who’s the prettiest baby girl in New York? Uncle Taylor’s Kendy Coo, that’s who. Give me some sugar,’ he replied as Kendall gave him a big, wet, kiss on his right cheek as they all laughed. After he talked to Kendall and tickled her, she wanted to be let down to return to her toys that were all over the living room floor. Taylor put her down and smiled as she toddled away.

“He’s not a shhhh head, and don’t curse around the baby,” Janae replied as she walked back into the kitchen with her sister and began to wash the dishes that were in the sink.

“She didn’t hear me and besides, she’s going to do it eventually, especially with these two as parents,” Taylor replied as Cameron mouthed an obscene word to him.

“That’s not true. I don’t want to hear my sweet, cute niece saying that word at 2 years old, if you don’t mind,” Janae replied as she turned her head up at him and went back to washing dishes as Taylor grinned at her.

Taylor looked Janae over. She was always a cute kid, but she was becoming just as beautiful as her sister, he thought as he looked her over quickly. She was a just a smidget lighter than Tavin, but had her nose, lips, and body. She was slowly becoming a hottie he thought as he looked at her once more. Cameron noticed and popped him, hitting him in the back of his head and pinning him with a look. He looked at Cameron and smiled.

“What?” Taylor asked.

“Stop checkin’ the kid out,” Cameron whispered while Tavin and Janae talked over the sound of the food processor.

“She doesn’t look like a kid to me,” Taylor thought as he just smiled at his brother. It definitely was not that kind of party with Janae, he thought to himself. He was just admiring how she had grown, that’s all, and boy had she grown! Cameron shook his head as Tavin began to speak.

“She’s got a point, Taylor. Keep your sailor mouth away from my kid,” Tavin stated.

“That’s funny, coming from the number one sailor,” Cameron said to Tavin as he grinned. Tavin gave him the middle finger and he grinned again.

“That’s the reason why you can barely tie your shoes now. Now, back to the recent topic of discussion,” Cameron stated.

“Oh yeah. You were all in my business about me going to my prom with my boyfriend. Sound about right, Cam?” Janae asked sarcastically as she rolled her eyes at Cameron.

“I saw that. She wants to go to her prom with her girly man boyfriend and I’m trying to talk her out of it,” Cameron replied as Taylor just looked at him.

“If that’s whom she’s seeing, that’s who she should be going with, no matter how big of an ass wipe he seems to be,” Taylor replied as Janae narrowed her eyes at him. Taylor had met the kid and he never liked him. He knew that the kid was just trying to get Janae in bed. It was obvious, well to him and Cameron it was obvious. Tavin just wanted her sister to be happy and she seemed happy dating Luke. Janae thought he was nice and sweet and perfect. Nice kids that look like Luke were never any good. He knew all about it. He was one of those kids.

“Thank you, T. I should be going with him, and stop calling him names, both of you,” Janae replied as she looked at Taylor as she furiously washed a bowl. Taylor laughed.

“Sorry, baby girl, just calling it like I see it. So what’s the deal, Cam? She’s not a kid anymore, so if she wants to go out with pricks, it’s her prerogative,” Taylor replied as he ducked from the suds from the dishwater that Janae was throwing at him.

“He seems like an okay kid, you two. Leave her alone,” Tavin said as she continued to cook dinner.

“He’s a prick, Tav. You just don’t see it. She’s too good for pricks and I’m trying to convince her that he’s only after the ass and she doesn’t believe me. What did you think of him, T?” Cameron asked as Taylor grinned.

“He’s a player and he only wants to bone,” Taylor replied as Tavin shook her head.

“FYI, he has not tried to talk me into doing anything I don’t want to do,” Janae replied.

“Which better be nothing if you know what’s good for you. You see what it gets you, huh? Fat, with swollen feet, pineapple, pickled okra cravings and peeing every 3 minutes. Speaking of peeing, Doodles, watch the gravy,” Tavin replied as she ran to the bathroom. Janae walked over to the pot and stirred.

“He knows better. I threatened the shit out of him, but anyway. Janae, find someone else to go with, kid. He’s just sweetening you up for the big lay,” Cameron replied.

“Yeah, that sounds about right,” Taylor piped in as Janae looked over at them both.

“He’s a nice guy, popular, has goals, and he’s smart. For the last time, he hasn’t tried anything with me,” Janae replied.

“Yet. Yet,” Cameron said as Janae sighed.

“We were all those things, Janae. Trust me. We know ourselves when we see it,” Taylor replied as he looked at Cameron.

“He’s right, lil bit. I know a player when I see one. I guarantee you, he’s going to try something prom night…trust me. He wants sex. That’s as plain as I can say it,” Cameron replied as he heard his wife come back. Tavin looked at Cameron again and then at her sister, who looked down. She grabbed Cameron by the collar of his t-shirt.

“Didn’t I tell you two to leave her alone? Taylor, I really don’t want to have to hurt you, especially in front of the baby. And you, Cameron…you know better. Doodles, continue to watch the gravy. Taylor, keep an eye on Kendy. Cameron, you come with me…now,” Tavin replied as she pulled Cameron away.

“You and your hormones are over reacting, Lovely. I’m just trying to school the girl,” Cameron replied as Tavin walked down the hall fussing at Cameron.

“Stop blaming your next ass whooping on my hormones. What in the hell is wrong with you, you shithead!” Tavin exclaimed as she closed the door and began arguing with Cameron. Taylor shook his head and laughed as he listened to his brother and sister-in-law argue. He looked over at Kendall, who was currently playing with her blocks and talking to herself. He watched Janae as she stirred the pot, with a sad look on her face.

“I’m 18 and he still treats me like a little kid,” Janae mumbled under her breath.

Cameron had definitely scared the living shit out of all of her dates. He remembered the time when his nutty ass brother answered the door to greet Janae’s date with a pair of brass knuckles on. The kid lost all color and from what he heard, never called Janae again. Taylor laughed to himself as his eyes fell on Janae. Taylor gave her a quick once over, checking out her hips in those capris and the tiny slip of skin that exposed her flat stomach and her cute belly button. If only he was 18 again, he thought. The girl was definitely not a little kid…not with those curves and that ass, he thought as he quickly looked back at her sad face.

“He doesn’t mean to. Just be glad you’re not Kendy Coo. He’s trying to find someone to make a chastity belt for her,” Taylor said as they laughed, both knowing that Cameron was completely serious.

“But, real talk…he doesn’t want to see you get played, lil bit, that’s all,” Taylor replied as he walked up and stood on the side of the counter where she was stirring the pot.

“I’m not stupid, you know. Between Tavin and Cam, I’ve been well schooled. I’m not going to easily drop the panties for a cute face, you know. I know game and Luke hasn’t stepped to me with anything but respect. That’s what’s up,” she replied, finally looking up and into those hazel eyes that she loved. She just wished that he didn’t see her as a kid, a family member. I’ve got to get over this stupid crush on him, Janae thought as she gazed into his eyes.

“Janae, peep this from a man’s perspective. You’ve been dating this kid for what, 2 months and you haven’t given him any, right?” Taylor asked, sitting on the stool across from where she was watching the food.

“5 months and no, I haven’t,” Janae corrected him as he sighed.

“Lil bit, after a week most guys are looking for sex. I’m telling you, old boy figures he bided his time and prom night is when he’s going to get some play. Trust me. I mean, he’s 18 and you are a beautiful girl that he can’t get any love from. He’s at the end of his rope, and not to hurt your feelings, but if he ain’t getting it from you, he’s getting it from someone else, believe that,” Taylor replied as he looked her in the eyes. They were so innocent and pure looking, he thought. He never really noticed how pretty and s.exy those upward slanted brown eyes of hers were until now. He didn’t realize that he let it slip that she was beautiful and knowing Janae, she would have something to say.

“You think I’m beautiful, T?” Janae asked with a cute smirk on her lips. Taylor grinned.

“Yes, you are. But if you trust the little dude, do what you have to do. Just be careful, alright and if you need me, you got the digits,” Taylor replied.

“Thanks T,” she replied as she looked into his eyes.

“You got that,” he replied as they stared at each other. Taylor looked away as he heard Tavin laughing as she walked back into the kitchen as Cameron slapped her on the butt. Janae just grinned as her sister came back.

“You two need to be neutered or something. Gross,” Janae replied as Cameron laughed.

“No we don’t, Doodles. We are just fine,” Tavin said. Taylor smiled at Tavin and pointed to her small belly.

“She’s got a point, Tav. That’s what got you in this predicament in the first place. Damn, Cam, can you keep your hands off of the lady for five minutes?” Taylor asked as he watched his brother stare at his wife. He was totally in love with Tavin, Taylor thought, and he knew why. Tavin was beautiful and smart as hell, and didn’t take any shit. But most importantly, she was real and she didn’t care what people thought. Must be nice to have that, Taylor thought as he watched the couple.

“Nope and I ain’t gonna try. She likes that, right baby?” Cameron asked as Tavin grinned.

“Yep, I sure do. I got it, sweetie. Thank you,” Tavin replied as she watched Janae walk to her room.

“So, did you get through to her?” Cameron asked Taylor. Taylor ran a hand over his short, wavy hair.

“I guess, but Cam, you can’t protect her forever. She’s got to find out about jerks on her own and she’s not stupid, bro. Let her go with the little dude and if he tries something, then we kill him. But you gotta stop and let her live,” Taylor replied as he picked out a crouton and a tomato from the salad bowl. Cameron just stared at his younger brother, mouth agape.

“Damn, Taylor, that’s the same thing I tried to tell him. You actually silenced him. Thank you so much,” Tavin replied.

“Anytime, sis. Anytime,” Taylor replied as he smiled at her, thinking about why Janae didn’t look so little to him anymore.