Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


   Someone would die in that house on this evening. And that unfortunate occurrence, would cause an irreparable tear in the Troy marriage.

    Michelle felt protected at the gathering, with Ben at her side, asking thoughtful, probing questions of Julia and Sean. Julia, Michelle could tell, was attracted to Ben--being the whore that she was. But Sean seemed to be just as suspicious of Ben, though Michelle could not fathom why. Maybe he could see that his wife was hot for Ben as well.

    Christian noticed none of this, since Constance was all over his son! That and he was disturbed at how much Matt kept peering at Moira when she came into the room with a tray. He and Matt had been down that road before, sticking their dicks into the same woman--a la Kimber. He didn’t want to go down that road with Matty again.

    He looked around for Vivien, since God help him, it almost seemed as if Ben were Michelle’s date for the night! Christian decided to break that up right now. He walked over and put an arm around his wife.

    “So, Dr. Harmon. My wife says she’s been using you as a sounding board. I was thinking maybe I could be included in one of these sessions?”

    “I think I’m going to go and find Vivien. Wilbur is taking up way too much of her time.” she said, pulling away from her husband, then excusing herself and walking out of the room. That left Ben and Christian to face off.

    “So tell me, Dr. Harmon. Just what do you and my wife talk about when she sits in your office?”

    Ben smiled thinly.

    “Michelle doesn’t come to my office. I come over here. I work out of my home.”

    “Really? You actually let mental cases into your home?”

    “I wouldn’t characterize them in that way, Dr. Troy.”

    “Of course not! Otherwise you wouldn’t let them near your family! Do you have children?”

    “A daughter.” Ben said with some discomfort. Christian realized that Constance had stopped talking to Matt and had come over to join them. Almost as if she wanted to change the subject.

    “Now what are you two handsome men discussing over here?” Constance asked, linking arms with Christian.

    “Christian,” Ben began, “was just asking about my daughter, Violet.”

    “Yes, Violet. She’s away at college, right?” Constance asked. Meanwhile, Julia realized that Sean was very interested in what the threesome was discussing.

    “Sean? What is it?”

    “I don’t know. I just feel as if I’ve seen Ben Harmon someplace before. But I can’t think of where.”

    “Really?” Julia asked, looking around for Michelle. “I wonder where Michelle went off to?”

    “Does it really matter?”

    “Sean!”

    “Oh come on! She hates us both! I personally don’t trust her. But Christian doesn’t seem to be making things any better.”

    Julia raised a brow.

    “What does that mean?” she asked. Sean suddenly became tight lipped.

    “Nothing.”

    “Has Christian said something?”

    Sean sighed softly, then glanced over at Christian, Ben and Constance, before speaking.

    “Christian is sleeping with the maid.”

    Julia closed her eyes briefly, before opening them and shaking her head.

    “Of course he is. I asked Michelle why she’d hire a woman that looked like that! I mean she has to be a constant source of temptation for Christian.”

    Sean gave her a skeptical look.

    “Maybe. But if we had someone working for us that looked like that, I can assure you, I would control myself. I’d never let anyone else come between us again.”

    Julia swallowed her guilt and put her arms around Sean. He couldn’t find out about her slip up with Christian. And Michelle was the key. She let go of her husband.

    “I think I’m going to go and look for Michelle. You know with Matt living here, it’s time we all started to act like a family.”

                                                                   ****

    Michelle found Vivien in Wilbur’s room, reading him a bed time story.  This was an image she should’ve found sweet, but for some reason, it made her uncomfortable.

    “Vivien? Ben is looking for you downstairs.” Michelle said, eyeing Wilbur, who was now being tucked in. His eyes grew heavy with sleep. Vivien turned to look at her.

    “I was just making sure Wilbur got off to dream land.” Vivien said. She picked up one of his toys but didn’t seem especially eager to leave. Michelle put a hand on her arm.

    “Are you alright?”

    “Yeah,” Vivien said hollowly, “why wouldn’t I be?”

    Michelle looked over at Wilbur, then lowered her voice.

    “I know about Hayden. I can pretty much imagine what you’re going through.”

    “Because of Christian and Moira, right?” Vivien asked. Michelle wasn’t ready to acknowledge that bit of ridiculousness. But Vivien was clearly distraught.

    “How does Ben know her? This Hayden? Was she a patient?”

    “Michelle, leave this house.”

    “Vivien, honey, you keep saying that but I don’t understand what you mean.”

    Vivien looked her dead in the eye.

    “Ben and I used to live here.”

    Michelle frowned.

    “Live where?”

    “In this house?”

    “What?!”

    Vivien nodded and began to walk towards a window, staring out.

    “Ben and I and our daughter, Violet. Violet managed to get away.”

    Michelle was confused.

    “Vivien, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Are you saying that you moved from this house to another one in the neighborhood?”

    Vivien looked over at her.

    “Something like that. Constance used to live in this house as well.”

    Michelle blinked.

    “And then she moved next door?!”

    Vivien nodded. Michelle was about to question her further, when Julia appeared.

    “Michelle? Vivien? Everyone is beginning to wonder where you all are.” Julia said lamely. Vivien could see that Julia was not one of Michelle’s favorite people. Michelle kept a civil tone.

    “We’re fine. Did you need something?” Michelle asked. Vivien excused herself and walked out of Wilbur’s room, still holding the toy and past Julia. Julia stared after Vivien for several moments as Michelle joined her out in the hallway, pulling Wilbur’s door closed.

    “Julia? Did you need something?” Michelle repeated. Julia looked from Vivien’s retreating back, over to Michelle.

    “What we need is a truce. Sean is beginning to wonder.”

    “That’s your problem, isn’t it?”

    “Michelle, please. We all just want a fresh start.”

    “Which got messed up when you fucked my husband.” Michelle countered. “Look, I have no intention of telling Sean. But I’m not going to help you cover. If Christian and yourself can’t act normal enough to fool Sean...”

    “It’s not us! It’s you! Sean senses something else is wrong! Look, it’s one thing if you don’t like him. But I think he can see that you don’t like me either and he’s suspicious.”

    “Like I said, I won’t tell him a thing. If he manages to figure out something, good for him!” Michelle snapped and began to walk away, when Ben appeared--seemingly out of nowhere.

    “Michelle? Julia, Sean is  looking for you.” he said quietly. Julia gave Michelle a final pleading look, before tossing Ben a phony smile and walking off towards the stair landing. Michelle turned and took deep breaths to calm herself!

    “Calm down.” Ben told her.

    “How am I supposed to keep calm?! The woman is priceless! She has an affair and...”

    Michelle suddenly clammed up. Ben tilted his head.

    “Julia has been unfaithful to Sean?” Ben asked.

    “Forget I said anything. I need to get back to the party.”

    “You need time to yourself,” Ben told her, “let’s just walk around the upper floors a bit until you calm down.”

    But Michelle gave him a hard look.

    “Forget what I need, Ben. Vivien is in trouble. She told me that the two of you used to live here. Is that true?”

    Ben looked down for a moment, then stared into her eyes.

    “Yes.”

    Michelle began shaking her head.

    “Something was wrong with this house, wasn’t there? Did you know the people that died here?”

    “Michelle, I don’t know what to tell  you. Vivien and I just saw another house down the street that we liked better. That’s all.”

    That’s bullshit, Michelle thought, but didn’t voice that opinion.

    She offered another one instead.

    “I think you should leave. I think Vivien and you need some quiet time alone. She’s hurting over this Hayden business. The last thing the both of you need is to be in the middle of my probl...”

    A loud, piercing cry, interrupted them! Michelle and Ben ran down the hallway and hurried down the stairs! Michelle couldn’t find anyone, until she saw Moira standing at the top of the basement steps.

    “Moira?! What is it?” Michelle asked.

    She then looked down the stairs.

    Matt was naked in a chair, dead! He had clearly been stabbed to death. Michelle heard nothing as she slowly walked down the stairs  in disbelief. What the living hell had happened???

    Ben, however, looked over at Hayden, who was naked and still carrying the knife she had used to slay Matt McNamara with. She had suddenly appeared in the kitchen with him and Moira. She lied, saying she was a friend of Michelle’s, then made it clear she’d like to fuck Matt in the basement.

    The rest was self explanatory...

    But not to Christian, who pointed up the stairs at Moira!

    “FUCKING BITCH!” he screamed.

    Julia had pulled Matt out of the chair and was rocking with him back and forth, while Sean got off the phone with the paramedics.  Michelle came to herself, just as Christian rushed past her, up the stairs and flew at Moira, grabbing her by the throat!

    “YOU DID THIS! YOU FUCKED MY SON THEN KILLED HIM!!!” Christian screamed. Ben and Sean wrenched Christian off of the woman/ghost, while Julia sneered at  Michelle!

    “You should have NEVER let Christian hire her! Never!”

    Michelle ignored Julia and hurried up the stairs towards a recovering Moira. Ben joined them.

    “Please, Mrs. Troy! I didn’t do this! I would not do this!” she pleased. Michelle suddenly looked around.

    “Where is Constance?” she asked.

    “She left as soon as the boy began screaming from the basement.” Moira told her. “Please, you have to believe me, I didn’t do this!”

    Michelle looked her over.

    “I do believe you. Besides, you don’t have any blood on you. And you’re wearing the same uniform as always.”

    Moira looked at Ben.

    “Your girlfriend was here. I saw the two of them together.”

    Michelle gasped, then looked at Ben, before focusing on Moira again.

    “Hayden was here? How did she get in?” Michelle asked.

    “Hayden went down in the basement with Matt.” Moira said, still only looking at Ben, which is something Michelle now noticed. The doorbell rang, and Michelle rushed to answer it. It was the paramedics and the police.

                                                                         ****

    An odd thing happened when the police began to take everyone’s statements.

    Ben and Vivien disappeared. Michelle didn’t see them leave and she didn’t like it worth shit! They were up to their neck in this as well.

    Christian and Julia’s rage refocused itself, as Moira told them about Hayden and Ben’s affair. But Michelle noticed that Sean suddenly looked odd. As did one of the detectives. The M.E. had finished up and Matt’s body was taken away already.

    “Ms. O’Hara, you mentioned a Dr. Harmon,” Detective Stanton asked, “Ben Harmon? The previous owner of this house?”

    Christian and Julia gasped! Sean began shouting!

    “That’s it! I knew it! Christian, when you began talking about this  ‘murder house’, I looked it up online. Ben and Vivien Harmon were killed in this house! Apparently his mistress showed up, killed Mrs. Harmon and Mr. Harmon, who had been tied up in the basement somewhere, died when that part of the house was set on fire.”

    Michelle backed back. That couldn’t be. The basement, for one, didn’t look like it had ever been in a fire! But even worse, what Sean was implying...

    “No,” Michelle spoke up, “you’re wrong, Sean. Ben and Vivien admitted they used to live here, yes. But they found a house down the street that they liked more and moved out.”

    Christian stood up.

    “Where the fuck are they anyway? Your shrink’s mistress breaks into this house and kills my son?! He and that bitch he’s married to, need to be here answering questions!”

    Julia stood up as well, wiping tears from her eyes.

    “Let’s just keep calm. Michelle, where do they live? We’ll let the police handle this.”

    “I don’t know where they live. I’ve never been to their house. I know Constance knows. She lives next door.”

    “Where the fuck did she go?!” Christian snapped, looking around. But Moira spoke again, realizing she may have said too much.

    “The Harmon’s haven’t been especially forthright.”

    “No shit!” Christian snapped again.

    “They lost this house and moved in with Mrs. Langdon, next door.”

    Michelle’s mouth dropped open!

    “Ben and Vivien LIVE with Constance? They don’t own their own house?”

    “No. It was the mistress, Hayden something or another, that ruined everything. I think when we saw her the other day, Mrs. Troy, it was her way of trying to come back and...”

    Julia gasped, then confronted Michelle.

    “You saw this murdering bitch, the other day?”

    Michelle could smell trouble and blame, wafting her way! She pursed her lips briefly, then spoke. Detective Stanton was looking at her. Sean, however, eased from the room, went into a study of sorts and powered up the laptop he had seen on a desk. Ben and Vivien Harmon were not living across the street or with the next door neighbor. They weren’t living at all! And he needed to prove that by finding pictures of what they had looked like!

    Meanwhile, Michelle was talking in the other room.

    “I opened the door to a young woman that seemed to be in medical trouble.”

    “What kind of trouble?” Detective Stanton asked.

    “There was blood running down her legs. I think she was having a miscarriage. Anyway, I helped her inside and at one point, I left her to speak with Moira about her. When I returned she was gone. I later found out from Mrs. Langdon next door who Hayden really was.”

    Sean came back in the room.

    “I have a site up that shows PICTURES  of Ben and Vivien Harmon! They ARE dead! Dead! I don’t know what the hell is going on with this house, Christian, but somehow you managed to drag Matty into it!”

    Detective Stanton, Julia, Sean and Christian, left the room to go look at the laptop. The other detective was slyly looking at Moira. Michelle folded her arms, unable to believe any of this. That was when the doorbell rang again.

    Michelle decided she would answer it. She walked to the door and opened it to a man that identified himself as an FBI agent.

    “I’m Agent Sloan. And you are?”

    “Michelle Troy.” she answered, confused as to why Matt’s murder warranted a visit from the FBI.

    Michelle invited him in and closed the door. Agent Sloan turned to her.

    “I’m sorry this happened. Thank you for taking Mr. McNamara in. He needed a safe place to be before testifying. It’s just a damned shame this happened. I was told that some girl killed Mr. McNamara. I need to know that that’s true and that it wasn’t...”

    Michelle squinted at Agent Sloan.

    “I’m sorry, Agent Sloan, but what the hell are you talking about? As far as I know,  Matt was released from prison and just needed a place to stay until he got on his feet.”

    Christian appeared in the hallway and swallowed. Agent Sloan turned to look at him, his face a mass of confusion.

    “Mr. Troy, I apologize. I didn’t realize your wife didn’t know.”

    “Know what?!” Michelle now snapped. She had always known something about this whole damned thing had reeked! She had never understood why Matt couldn’t stay with the people that had raised him!

    “Agent Sloan, the others are in there. They can fill you in. I need to talk to my wife.” Christian said. Michelle stared at her husband as Agent Sloan walked off. Christian walked up to her.

    “Matt was not just let out of prison. He witnessed a mob murder in there. He was offered his freedom if he testified against a criminal named Sal Riccatta. The FBI wants to put him away badly. Matt needed a safe place to be. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you more.”

    Michelle said nothing for a long moment, then spoke.

    “So there was always the chance that Matt could’ve been killed, in this house, by some hitman?”

    “That would not have happened!”

    “And Wilbur and I wouldn’t been in danger as well?”

    “You were never in any danger! Michelle, I lost my son can’t you just try and understand? I mean it looks like two weirdos that look like the Harmons, are running loose around here! You’ve told this fake Ben everything about us. Worse yet...”

    Michelle suddenly slapped him hard!

    “Don’t blame this on me! Don’t! And lost son or not, you can get the fuck out! Tonight!”

    “Are you kidding?!”

    “No! I’m not. Because you know what? Hayden is NO WHERE AROUND! And you know what that makes me think? That some killer  looking for Matt, murdered him and probably kidnapped Hayden.  I think this bastard didn’t kill us as well, because thank God, we had company! Oh and by the way, since we’re just admitting things, did you at anytime at all, have sex with Moira? Vivien seems so sure of....”

    “You make FAKE VIVIEN?” Christian retorted with a snort.

    Detective Stanton, his partner and Agent Sloan walked towards the door. Christian turned to face them.

    “What’s going on?” he asked.

    “We need to talk to this Mrs. Langdon next door. If she’s harboring these people, who are clearly posing as the former residents of this house, then we need to speak to her.” Detective Stanton said.

    But Agent Sloan added something else.

    “In all honestly though, I think this was a hit made to look like someone else. I misjudged the security of this home for my witness. The hitman probably got in here, followed Mr. McNamara and this young woman downstairs and took the opportunity to make it seem as if the woman did it. He must have taken her as a hostage and chances are she’s probably dead by now.”

    Christian closed his eyes, unable to believe any of this. Any of it at all. He still thought that the Fake Harmons were involved in this thing somehow.

    “I’m coming next door with you.” Christian said, following them out without so much as a glance back at his wife. Once the door closed, Sean and Julia appeared with their arms around one another.

    “I’m sorry this happened.” Michelle said.

    “This is my fault,” Sean said in a grave voice, “because we should have just let Matt come home with us. And his daughter. Christian and you are not capable of building any kind of life for yourselves together. I trusted that you could be responsible, but I was wrong.”

    “Really, Sean? You trusted that I could be responsible for your grown ass son, who  had just gotten out of prison because he was about to testify against some mobster? Oh, yeah, you didn’t think I had any right to know that, right? You didn’t care that Wilbur or I could’ve been in any danger, right?”

    Julia sniffed.

    “Let’s just go, Sean.”

    “I just bet you want to go, Julia! I don’t want to see your fucking faces here, ever again.”

    “Don’t worry about that...” Sean began but Michelle wasn’t finished!

    “I don’t want to spend Christmas or any holidays with you. I don’t want to buy gifts for any occasions for either of your trifling asses. If something good happens with either one of you, I don’t want to hear about it! Because, see, that FBI agent that I didn’t know about, thinks that this was a hit and that Hayden is now a victim as well. So this isn’t even remotely my fault. It’s yours. So go. Get out. Goodbye.”

    Sean and Julia tore their eyes away from Michelle’s angry ones, walked past her and left. Michelle looked up and around. How had a fucking homecoming party end up in murder? How?

                                                                            ****

    Constance’s lying ass, told the authorities that Ben and Vivien had not returned to her home. They searched it and found nothing. Oddly, they also found no signs that anyone else lived there but Constance.

    Christian left the same night to stay with Sean and Julia, yelling at Michelle that they were ‘real family’. He kissed a sleeping Wilbur and walked out of the house. Michelle knew she should’ve woke Wilbur up and stayed at a hotel, but something would not let her leave.

    What she did not realize, was that that ‘something’ was the suggestion Ben had put in her head earlier.

    Vivien was LIVID!

    “We should’ve made Michelle and Wilbur leave, Ben! Now look what’s happened? An innocent man is dead because of your whore mistress! Well, I’m not going to let Hayden or anyone else, get their hands on Wilbur!”

    Ben knew that Vivien was going up to Wilbur’s room to sleep there, as she did most nights. He walked into the study that used to belong to him. He watched as Tate, who was dressed in the menacing telltale rubber suit, began lighting candles that had been set up in the room. Hayden was keeping a low, yet jealous, profile someplace else.

    “Nora wants that baby, Dr. Harmon. Dr. Troy is gone.”

    Ben said nothing as he began removing his clothes. Michelle would be down soon. And what he was about to do, was the only way to save Michelle and Wilbur from Tate...or any other ghosts who had it in for them.

                                                                      ****

    Oddly, Michelle had begun sleeping quite peacefully, before something awakened her. Maybe it was the fact that she had finally told Sean and Julia what she thought of them, that had seemingly let her get some rest.

    But now she was awake, in a trance like state and naked. She slowly walked to her bedroom door and opened it. She then walked out into the hallway and headed for the stairs.

    Hayden watched with a scowl! This was bullshit! This woman was going to carry Ben’s baby? Her Ben, who now wouldn’t even look at her, even though they were both ghosts. Tate smiled as Michelle walked past, unseeing.

    “Nora and you can raise this child.” Tate said, putting a soothing arm around Hayden. But she wrenched away and pulled down the ceiling door to the attic. She would sulk up there with Constance’s other, ghost child.

    Meanwhile, Michelle slowly made her way to the bottom of the stairs and walked into the study, where a naked Ben Harmon was waiting for her. He slowly sat down on the couch in there, and gently pulled Michelle down on him. She gasped slightly, as she impaled herself on his member. Then, straddling Ben’s hips, Michelle began rocking back and forth at a pace that was not too fast, nor too slow. Her heavy breasts bounced lightly on her chest and her nipples were soon pebble hard.

    Ben moaned with pleasure, his hands playing with her soft flesh, kneading her buttocks before running his hands up and down her back, then settling them on her waist. Ben buried his head between her swinging breasts, that jiggled and bobbed against his cheeks like ripe fruit.

    It was as they made love in this fashion, that Ben whispered a final suggestion to her. That the next day, at 3:00 P.M. in the afternoon, she would remember their encounter, here in the study. And he planned to be ready and waiting to answer for what they had done, with the high hopes that it would be the last time he would have to hypnotize Michelle Troy, in order to make love to her.