Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi, all! This story took a shape of its own. I'm growing to love the characters and I hope y'all do as well. Shout out to my beta, the wonderful Noah. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I can't wait to beta your story. Also, thanks to the readers and reviewers. Your kind and beautiful words make me smile.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Kevin sighs in relief and kisses Leah passionately. Leah clings to him, terrified of the future.
Present Day Airport 2011
Leah is lost in her memories. Beverly’s quiet and intrigued voice brings her back to the present.
“What happened next?” she asks.
“Honestly, I went home and cried for three hours. I had believed for two years that we would go to the same college, graduate, and then get married. I was devastated; all my plans had been ruined. But I loved him, so I did my best to support him.”
“How did that go?” asked Beverly.
“It was rough, to be frank. I don’t think, at eighteen, that I was fully prepared to be an army girlfriend. I was finishing up high school and preparing for college. I was pretty immature. But my baby needed me...”
Flashback. The Day After Prom
Leah and Kevin are in her backyard, looking up at the clouds. Leah lays her head on his strong chest and sighs, this feels so right. However, at any moment she knows that reality will hit her. But, Kevin has been so amazing and loving. He spends as much time with her as possible. He always holds her hand, kisses her cheek or lips, giving her so much attention. She loves it.
“Baby,” Kevin says tentatively, while entwining his hands with hers.
“I received my orders. I report to Fort Polk for basic training in four months,” he says and then kisses her hand.
“Really? So soon, that’s only three months after graduation,” Leah says, while fighting back tears.
“Don’t cry baby, it’s only Basic Training. I haven’t been deployed. Fort Polk is only four hours away, it really isn’t that far.”
“I know what Basic Training is Kevin. Don’t be an ass! Basic Training is the beginning of everything. You’ll be gone from me for nine weeks, after that you’ll get your orders. I just... I was in denial over all of this, but it’s really about to happen. I just wanted to pretend our senior year would last forever,” she tells him.
“We have four months until it happens, and I want to spend every minute of that time with you. I want you to be in every memory I have of the next few months,” he tells her, while gathering her in his arms. “I want to hold you, kiss you, and make love to you. I want to carry your scent on me. I want you to be mine completely.”
Leah blushes while he tells her this and pulls him closer to her. She brings his lips to hers, kissing him passionately. Something has come over her, something she hasn’t felt before. It’s taking over her body, she scoots closer to him. She wants to touch him at all available parts of her body. He presses her into his hard body, the body that is already prepared for the tough training. Now, it is prepared for a different type of exercise.
The two are feverishly kissing and rubbing, because their time is so short, discretion is thrown to the wind. Only the vibrating of her phone, in her pockets between their bodies, slows them down. He pulls away from her and rests his forehead against hers.
“Are you gonna answer it?” He asks.
“I don’t want to; it’s probably just Noah. I think she wants to go to the movies or something. I just wanna be with you today,” she responds, as she runs her hands up and down his chest. “We don’t have a lot of time left and everything is about to get real busy. So, I’m dedicating the weekends to my man.”
“What does your man have to do to get you to dedicate the rest of your life to him?” asked Kevin.
“Kev, what are you talking about? What do you mean?” asked a nervous Leah.
“Leah, stand up!” Kevin says in a commanding voice, reminiscent of the voice his drill sergeants will use. Leah stands up as if she is in a trance. Kevin gets in to position, dropping to one knee. He takes her hand and says:
“Leah Christina, I love you. I know that I threw a curve ball into our plans for the future and I know that hurt your feelings. But, I don’t want to lose you; I want to hold you and love you forever. I want our forever to start as soon as possible. Like, today possible. Will you marry me?” Kevin asks, sounding alternately confident and unsure.





Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading. This is the first story I have written in four years, so it's a bit slow getting. However, I appreciate constructive criticism; so please rate and review.