Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


…to let go…

 

Yes everyone I finally let go of that madness named Todd Manning. Imagine him interrupting my research to inform me that he was planning on marrying that bitch again. Bitch that’s what I called her but there are other names like ho’, skank, man escalator, pimp my ride and he knows these names pretty well himself. Oh get this he had a great reason for marrying Blairho – he needed to show the judge that he can provide a stable environment for his son. Stable? Did I hear the word correctly? A horse must be somewhere around because their relationship has never been ‘stable’ more like ‘dysfunctional’.

 

Come on Evangeline concentrate. You’re been paid a lot of money by Mr. Matthews to handle a very easy case. The D.A. isn’t really interested. There is a high profiled murder case about to begin and Todd’s name wasn’t amount the list of suspects. Anyways Mr. Matthews did a very bad thing by stabbing Mr. Ellis ten times landing him in the hospital. You could claim crime of passion or momentary insanity– he was screwing his wife at the time. Now concentrate.

 

 

“What do you expect me to do? I need to get my son back. Blair was my last and only option. We do have two kids together. Do you have a better idea?”

 

“At the moment I don’t.”

 

“Then shut up about it! At least I granted you the courtesy of knowing instead of hearing it from another person.”

 

“So how much is it costing you? That bitch wants more than your iron-clad balls.”

 

“Five million dollars.”

 

“Five million dollars?! Shit you could have rented Cinderella, Snow White and the seven dwarfs for less or a mail-order bride.”

 

“Fuck Evangeline don’t judge me. I would do anything to get my son…anything. So please get off your fucking high horse and stop judging me.”

 

“You need to get the fuck out of my office!”

 

“Evangeline you were the one pushing us back together as I clearly remember. Why are you so against this now unless you’re jealous...”

 

“Jealous of who?! You and the skank! You two deserve each other. Get the hell out of my life Todd Manning…FOREVER!”

 

“You don’t mean that Evangeline.”

 

“GET OUT!”

 

When she reflected back on the conversation it did seem like an overreaction. Todd was right after all – she did in the past try to put those two back together. So what has changed?

 

“Admit it Ms. High and Mighty. You have fallen in love with Todd Manning.”

  

 

I thought I was doing the right thing by telling her not keeping any secrets but I sure didn’t expect that reaction. I can’t believe it. I’ve lost my best friend – my only friend. It didn’t seem possible. We’ve been through everything together. At times I’ve behaved like an ass – a real ass and still she believed in me. It was the only plausible think to do. Marrying Blair was the only option.

 

“Todd, how about helping me plan some of the wedding arrangements.”

 

“Not now Blair!”

 

“But I want the whole of Llanview to see how happy we are going to be back together again…one big happy family. It certainly helps to get the groom’s input.”

 

“Earth to Blair – this is not a love match. I’m paying you millions of dollars.”

 

“So…we still need to put on a big show. I’m thinking chandeliers, champagne and chocolate fountains, ice sculptures…”

 

“Blair Stop! You know what I’m thinking right now Blair?”

 

“No what?”

 

“This wedding is so off!”

 

“You fucking need me to get your son back! A deal is a deal!”

 

“Read my lips…No Wed-ding. Now bitch get the fuck out of my penthouse.”

 

“Todd please…whatever it is we can work it out. I don’t need or want the five million. What about Starr and Jack?”

 

“I said get out NOW! I could throw you out. Call security to take you out or you can walk out all by your skank self.”

 

“What about my stuff?”

“I’ll have them deliver to you or burn them. Whatever my feeling is at the time.”

 

Muttering some curses under her breath she finally tossed her hair and left slamming the door. He could hear her crying outside…no matter.

 

Finally that’s over. Cancel all wedding arrangements, make sure Blair's access to the penthouse is cancelled, explain to the kids…la dee dah…Now how to get in contact with Evangeline? Cell phone – no probably turned off…voicemail. Go back to her office? Security will be on guard. I don’t care about security. You probably will cause a major scene. You’ll be added more fuel to an already pissed off woman…right. Think Todd think. I’ve got it!

  

 

Evangeline was driving along hoping to get home quickly. She had already turned off the music – too many love ‘em or leave ‘em songs. She thought about going home to a relaxing hot bath, reading a great book, cooking a favorite recipe…anything to get her mind off Todd.

 

“Evangeline we need to talk.”

 

“Shit!” She almost veered off the road. “Todd you almost made me crash this car,” she said pulling off to the side breathing heavily her heart racing.

 

“I didn’t mean to scare you. I’m sorry.”

 

“What did you think would happen if you come up on a person in that way? By the way what the hell are you doing in my car? You must have broken in. You need to get out!”

 

“I’m not leaving until we work things out.”

 

“I’ve said all that I needed to say to you earlier today. I’m calling the police.” Todd took the away the phone and tossed it to the back of the car.

 

“Hey…” Evangeline smirked. It was no use Todd wasn’t leaving. Did she really want him to leave? “Just say what you want to say then leave.”

 

“Will you listen?”

 

“Yes.” Todd climbed into the passenger seat.

 

“You have to admit that you overreacted to my announcement. I expected you not to be happy but you kicked me out of your life. I want to know why? You owe me that much.”

 

“I don’t owe you anything. I’ve given you as much as I can give but you always want more. I can’t give anymore.” To Todd Evangeline wasn’t making much sense in fact she was staring straight ahead.

 

“Evangeline, would you please look at me?”

 

“I can’t look at you right now,” she responded quietly.

 

He cupped her chin and turned her face around. There were tears in her eyes. It shocked him a little. The tears slowly began to trickle down her cheeks. He hated to see her cry and did his best to wipe them away. Suddenly she pulled her face away.

 

“I don’t need you to wipe away my tears Todd Manning. I can do it by myself. You’ve already made your decision. Go back to Blair and your family because you don’t need me.”

 

“Go back to what? I’ve called off the wedding and threw her out.” It was Evangeline’s turn to be surprised. She looked over at Todd in stunned silence. “I couldn’t go through with it not when I feel something else. When she ended our friendship it hurt me deep inside. I’m unable to think, feel, do, and be without her in my life. I love you Evangeline and I believe I’ve known that for a longtime but was afraid to say it out loud.”

 

Her heart almost stopped beating. She couldn’t have heard what he just said. He loved her.

 

“Say something.”

 

His eyes looked gorgeous and those lips so inviting. She initiated their kiss suckling lightly on his top lip. He then inserted his tongue between her lips drawing her closer into a hot and heavy, tongue twisting, passionate kiss. They released slowly. Todd gazed at her still waiting.

 

“Baby I love you and I was really mad when you told me about marrying Blair. I felt like I really lost you and I didn’t want to be sloppy seconds.”

 

“If you knew you loved me why didn’t you say it?”

 

“Maybe I didn’t or couldn’t believe it.

“Jealous I was. Blair was going to get something that I desperately wanted to be a part of me. Todd what does this mean for your custody hearing?”    

 

“I really don’t know but I couldn’t live a lie or share a bed with someone I detest.”

 

“I’ll marry you.”

 

“What?” He couldn’t believe his ears.

 

“I said I’ll marry you and I’ll prove to the judge that we are a stable force.”

 

“Evangeline we’ve just admitted or love for one another. Baby aren’t we rushing?”

 

“You don’t want to marry me?”

 

“I’m not saying that.”

 

“Then what are you saying then? Todd couldn’t really answer her. I’m the best damn lawyer in Llanview and I’ll make sure that we get your son back…us getting married is the first step.”

 

“It is one of the reasons why I fell in love with you...your faith in me. Let’s do it. Let’s get married.”

 

“Todd this is going to cost you.”

 

“Does this cover my fee?” He asked kissing her gently.

 

“Not quite.”

 

“Then let’s get out of here before a traffic officer comes by and wonder what t the hell we’re doing. Your place or mine?”

 

“Yours because my bed is too small of what I’m thinking of doing to you...”

 “Lawyers can be so naughty,” he whispered covering her lips passionately. 





Chapter End Notes:
I hope you guys enjoy it and tell me what you think!