Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story originally started out as a one shot. Next thing I knew it was a four-chapter story getting longer by the minute. I really wanted it to stay as a one shot, so I shrunk to fit. J I also took one of the chapters and transformed it into my very first poem fic titled Chapter Two.





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Nightlife: 

Nessa Holt and Danny McCoy were the only two left in his apartment. After a long night of playing cards and drinking with their two best friends, Samantha-Jane Marquez and Mike Cannon ditched them halfway through the night. Mike left hours ago to get some more beer and never returned and Sam left after she received yet another text message.

 

“So tell me Holt, what’s your story?”

 

“I didn’t realize I had a story Danny.”

 

“Well we’ve been working together for the past six months and I don’t know any personal detail about you. In fact, this is the first time you’ve even been to my apartment.”

 

“That’s probably because you’ve never invited me before McCoy.”

 

“I’ve invited you plenty of times Nessa.”

 

“You have? Name one. You’ve also promised to give me the tour of Las Vegas and that never happened.” Nessa crossed her arms and tilted her head.

 

“Sin City it is. Tomorrow night, I’m all yours.”

 

“Do you mean that literally of figuratively?” Nessa found herself mere inches from Danny as she joined him on his sofa. She grabbed his beer, took a drink and waited for him to respond correctly.

 

Danny’s front door swung open with Mike hold two bags with beer and Sam texting on her cell phone.

 

“Well look who decided to show up three hours later. Where did you go for the beer, Amsterdam?”

 

“I had to make a quick stop okay.”

 

“Define quick Mike.”

 

Sam continued to text on her Sidekick LX as if she’d never left. “He got arrested for speeding and I had to go and bail him out.”

 

“Arrested? Bloody hell Mike!” Nessa laughed as Mike looked at Sam in disbelief.

 

“Sam did you not understand when I asked you to please keep this quiet.”

 

“I understood perfectly. I just don’t care…and why are you practically sitting on Danny’s lap?”

 

“Because I’m finally going to get to see Las Vegas tomorrow via Danny McCoy and I was just about to say thank you.”

 

 

Mike’s Version:

After we left Danny’s apartment that night, he dropped Nessa off and headed back home. The next day he and gave her the tour of his old neighborhood. Danny took her to all of the places he used to hang out as a child. He took her to see his old house where he live until he was seventeen. He even took her to the Wake Me Not Cemetery and introduced her to his mom. He told Nessa she approved of her.

 

Nessa was extremely touched. I mean, who wouldn’t be. We’re talking about Danny McCoy. He parked his car a few blocks away so they could walk through the park on their way to his favorite restaurant, The Amazon Healer. He introduced her to his favorite South American Cuisines..

 

Nessa then asked, “Danny McCoy, are you trying to get in my good side?”

 

After lunch Danny allowed Nessa drive his car to The Butterfly Room, where she saw the Four Stages of Vegas. As they walked through the museum he explained the entire of Vegas from beginning to end.

 

Danny then asked, “Do you know how many times I’ve fantasize about us?”

 

Nessa responded, “They don’t have to be just fantasies Danny.”

 

He then took her to Melrose Black Sand Beach where they walked hand in hand in the clear blue sea. Orange and red sheets invaded the sky for miles around. He moved behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist as they stare out into the attention-grabbing sunset.

 

He was supposed to take her to see Harry Connick Jr. in concert but decided to take her back to his place for a private dinner instead. They walked into his apartment to the sound of Harry Connick Jr. singing A Wink and a Smile-in person. Harry use to be a regular at the Montecito and he and Danny are old friends.  Danny was even a bridegroom at his wedding. Harry was honored to play for Danny and his girl.

 

They had an extraordinary night to pay tribute to an extraordinary day.

 

The following day Danny eventually ended up making her breakfast and lunch in bed.

 

 

Samantha’s Version:

So now that you’ve finished the fairytale of ‘make it up as you go along’, do you want to hear what really happened?

 

From what I heard after we left Danny’s house, Nessa ended up spending the night. The neighbors we complaining because all they heard the entire night was Nessa screaming ‘yes Danny McCoy yes’ and Danny screaming ‘right there baby’. They didn’t leave his apartment until noon the next day.  

 

The first place he took her on their date was the Pet Cemetery Giggles. He wanted to introduce her to his best friend Jack. Nessa was extremely touched. Who wouldn’t be, it’s Danny McCoy. Danny had him for about 15 years before he died. He told her after seeing the movie Pet Cemetery he thought that burying Jack here would bring him back to life. Needless to say it didn’t work. Danny told her Jack approved of her. It was the most romantic thing ever.

They went out to eat at The Funhouse on Mars. It’s kind of like a whorehouse but without the whores. It’s a burlesque show where they force you to participate while eating lunch. Well Danny and Nessa were doing a lot of participation. They have this game called Me, Myself and I, where they ask your partner questions about you and if you get it wrong you have to start striping. It’s so damn sexy…or so I’ve heard. I don’t even think they had time to eat.

 

Danny then took her to the Melrose Black Sand Beach because he thought it would be romantic to walk in the sand hand in hand and get matching tattoos at Psycho Ramon’s Tattoo and Body Holes. Well anyway, they went inside and Nessa told him she wanted to get one to compliment that naked skull creature thing on Danny’s upper back. Danny wanted to get one to compliment the killer ladybug she has on her lower waist. Ramon taught him the art of tattooing in his teenage years. So he let him ink Nessa personally. It was really the most romantic thing ever.

 “What? Where are you coming up with this stuff Sam?

“Shut up and let me finish the story. Hang on.” She opened her Sidekick LX and replied to the text that was sent to her. Mike eagerly waited for her to finish the tale that she had obviously spun on wishful thinking. He had to admit it was quit entertaining.

Later that evening, Danny took her to see The Rude Bitches Kill Witches in concert. Who knew they were both into heavy metal. Danny knows the band personally and they gave him front row seats. They played all their favorites songs; Nightmares I Like and RedRum & Wine. The band invited Danny on stage to play the drums while Nessa sang Kill Me With a Chainsaw One More Time. It was really the most romantic thing ever.

Later that night, Danny took her home, where they managed to keep the neighbors up another night with ‘yes Danny McCoy yes’ and ‘right there baby’.

 

The following morning Danny eventually ended up making her breakfast and lunch in bed.

 

 

Version 3:

Later that day, Nessa and Danny listened intently to Sam and Mike as the recalled the different versions of what happened on their first date that was obviously passed on through word of mouth.

 

“Well it looks like the two of you have the whole story.”

 

“Wait, are you talking to me or Sam?”

 

“Yes.” Danny held Nessa’s hand as he stood up from the table.

 

“Oh come on Danny. It’s me, Mike, your best friend.”

 

“We’ll catch you two later. Nessa and I have a date.”  They walked hand in hand out of the Montecito, leaving Mike and Sam wondering what really happened on their first date.

 

“So where to Holt?”

 

“Wherever you want to take me Danny McCoy.”

 

Two weeks before in his apartment, he’d promised to take he to see Vegas. Unfortunately, she caught a cold the next day and he was sick the following week. Tonight was the first night they were both feeling better, tonight was the night of their first official date.

 

Tonight was the night that would eventually lead to breakfast and lunch in bed.