Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This was originally part of Inside Bet. I decided to make it into a poem fic. However there are a few similarities between the two stories. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


I saw him on the other side and wondered if he had noticed Me. Of course he did, we noticed everything about each other an unspoken guarantee.

 

I Pretended to be involved with the contents of my handbag as I fumbled through it in search of naught. If he were anyone else in the world, would I have given him a second thought?          No.

 

Perhaps I was searching for an extra five seconds, while I thought of something to say. Suddenly I noticed he’d repositioned himself just three feet Away.

 

I was satisfied enough to abandon my Unwanted search then I looked up to acknowledge his smile. He waited. I waited. He absorbed my presence as he remembered and simply stated; “It’s been a while.”

 

“It has been a long Time Danny McCoy.” His eyes immediately captured my soul and I felt an extreme climactic Joy.

 

Seven years ago I said yes and we shook on it and made The deal. Maybe that was too Sacred an event for such a casual seal.

 

It was an alliance that led to an unbelievable night of Sex.

The next Day he made me breakfast and Lunch in bed and it was anything but complex.

 

I said thank You. It was probably the most we’ve spoken to each other since our first hello. Out of the blue I remembered the quote, Things do not change, we do: Henry David Thoreau.

 

Our conversations were lengthy where words were Never really needed. He was a man of few and I always understood; that’s where we succeeded.

 

The day I left without a farewell I knew I broke his heart. My heart joined the World in broken pieces too. Those seven years felt more like a Century and a day apart.

 

He moved close enough to shadow me like a Solar Eclipse of the moon. His body connected with mine as his breath brushed past my lips not a moment too soon.

 

I opened my mouth, for I was about to speak his name. He opened his mouth for he was about to reclaim.

 

Our relationship was underestimated and I thought no One ever truly wins. Then Danny spoke again. “So Nessa Holt I guess this is where Chapter Two begins.”