Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Victor Newman and Neil Winters were having lunch at the Sydney Café in the Newman Enterprise Building. In the recent weeks NE stocks have fallen sharply, due to the steep competition from Jack Abbott and Jabot Cosmetics. They produced a new perfumed called Tuvia and it was selling out across the west coast. Victor felt he needed someone on the inside of Jabot to get the Tuvia formula and ruin Jack Abbott in the process. He did just that when he hired Michael Baldwin to blackmail Drucilla Winters, who was the Face for Tuvia Perfume. During his divorce from Drucilla, Neil confided in Victor about some of her indiscretions. Victor decided he was now going to use that information against her.

He saw Michael across the way having lunch with Drucilla.

“I wonder what they are talking about now?” Neil asked Victor, as he grew curious of the conversation his ex-wife was having with Michael Baldwin.

“Well I think Michael Baldwin is letting her know that she has two choices; get the formula or lose her job.” Victor made his instructions entirely clear to Michael Baldwin and what was expected of him; convince Drucilla to get the formula.

  

Across the way…

 

“I cannot believe Victor Newman is trying to steal from Jabot, that little punk. And then has the nerve to threaten me while doing it. I wonder what he’s thinking right now as he’s watching us under his microscope?”

“Probably basking with amusement at the thought of me blackmailing you. Or maybe I’m threatening you with bodily harm to get my way.”

“I wouldn’t put it past you Baldwin.”

“And you would like it every step of the way Drucilla.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes. So what does a guy have to do to get a drink thrown in his face?”

“Not much at all?” Drucilla pick up the glass of water and threw it on him just as he requested. He took the napkin and dried off as best as he could. All set of eyes in the restaurant fell upon their heated display.

 

Across the way…

 

Victor seemed rather pleased with himself. “It looks like he has Drucilla right where he wants her. After I have that formula on my desk, Jack Abbot will come crawling on his knees begging me for my forgiveness. He is going to learn the hard way again. You do not mess Victor Newman on any level.”

“You know I’m always in your corner Victor but do you think Jack is going to just sit back and let you take over his company?”

“You say that as if he has a choice Neil. When I get through with Jack Abbott, he’s going to be lucky if he has a place to lay his head at night.”

“And about Drucilla, I don’t think that’s a wise move getting her involved.”

After what she did to you Neil, I thought you’d be pleased to see her squirm a bit.”  Neil looked up and his eyes connected with Drucilla’s. She paused then cautiously looked away.

 

Last week

 

After Victor recruited Michael, he and Drucilla told Jack about his plan to steal and produce Tuvia’s formula. After all, Jack had been extremely generous towards Dru. He even paid for her divorce attorney. Michael told him about the 8% of NE stock Victor had offered him in return for Tuvia’s formula. Jack counter offered to the tune of 20 million dollars for his eight-percent. Michael Baldwin, who was never one to say no to a large sum of money, signed away his shares as Jack signed his check for twenty million dollars. ‘It’s always a pleasure doing business with you Baldwin. Now all we have to do is give Victor Newman what he wants, the formula.’

 

Across the way…

 

“I can’t believe Neil went along with him blackmailing me.”

“Well Drucilla you did past his brother’s child off as his for the past 18 years. That might have something to do with it.”

“Oh please, Neil is that child’s father DNA or not!”

“Well at least that’s something you both agreed on.”

“So what now?”

“Now I tell Victor that you politely declined then I made you an offer that you couldn’t refuse, hence the glass of water in my face. I’ll tell him that you will go to Ashley’s lab and get the formula. I will take it to him and he will produce it, box it, price it and ship it to every major department store on the west coast and sit back and wait for the results. Just like we discussed.”

“How do you think Victor is going to react when he finds out he hired my husband to blackmail me?”

Probably the same way he is going to react when he finds out I sold my shares of NE stock to Jack, putting him just at the 51% mark. By this time next week when Jack walks into the next board meeting and announces he’s taking control on Newman Enterprises, we’ll be in Hawaii enjoying our honeymoon.”

“I love you Michael Baldwin.”

“You say that as if you have a choice.” Drucilla and Michael let their guard down briefly as they got lost in a tender moment.

Five months ago he was in court representing Neil in his divorce from her. Three months ago he fell in love with her. Two weeks ago he married her at city hall.

 

Across the way…

 

The conversation his ex-wife was having with Michael Baldwin still had a stronghold on Neil Winters’ curiosity. He once again looked up to see the happy couple smiling and once again turned to Victor Newman and asked, “I wonder what they are talking about now?”