Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is a paranormal story, tis the season for the surreal, and this popped into my head. I have the whole arch set out, it'll just be a matter of trying to juggle the time lol.

I thought I should add a bit more info to explain where I'm going with this story. I've always liked stories that have a strong female heroine; so I'm writing this one because Valkyries are one of the few mythical creatures that were strong females. I've taken the lore and changed it a bit to fit the story, and there will be other creatures as well (Elves, gnomes, fairies, etc) who again, i've taken the liberty to tailor for my story.

It's a romance at heart, but there will be drama and plots as well.




Author's Chapter Notes:

A little taste...




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


~Preface~ 

 

“I’m a what?” Dawn was sure that this little man was befuddled by old age. His cloudy blue eyes twinkled slightly at her shock. He was enjoying this.

 

 “I don’t think there is anything wrong with your hearing,” Dagur said. He hobbled closer to her and craned his neck to peer into her eyes. “You’ve been awakened for a special purpose, and it is time for you to fulfill your destiny.” 

 Dawn shook her head in disbelief. A Valkyrie? A fictitious creature of lore – about as real as the tooth fairy and Santa Claus? Dawn was real. Flesh, blood, bone – other people could see and touch her. She just couldn’t be a… 

“I don’t…I can’t…I don’t believe it.” Dawn whispered. Her head was spinning with all of the events that had transpired over the last few weeks. Dagur grinned his yellowed smile. 

“Belief is not necessary.” Dagur stated. “It is still fact.” 

And Dawn knew that he was right. Dagur’s arguments had been sensible and sound, while hers were erratic and childish. There was no logical argument left. Despite herself, she pouted. 

“But I don’t want to be a Valkryrie!” Dawn whined. “I just want to be me. Plain old Dawn Austin. Earth lover and painfully ordinary.” Dagur lifted his spotted hand and rested it heavily over hers.

 “I’m afraid that is no longer possible, Elska. It seems fate has made you quite extrordinary.”