Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is a fanfic for Lincoln Heights. It’s spec/fantasy about what would happen if Jen Sutton decided to give in to her attraction (oh yeah, you know she has it) to Dr. Christian Mario.

 

This is going to be a fairly short one, I hope lol.




Author's Chapter Notes:
Pics will be posted later when I can get to my photobucket account lol.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Jenn Sutton

 

 

Dr. Christian Mario

 

 

Chapter 1

 


 

 

Nothing as going to be the same. Jenn Sutton had tried to convince herself it would be, that the days were going to go by the same as they always did. But she had to admit it. It wasn’t the same. It had been two months since Christian had made his little confession to her; that his feelings for her were more than friendly. Of course, he respected her marriage to Eddie, and had taken a job on the other side of the world keep himself from acting on his feelings. He’d been gone for nearly three months now, and Jenn had tried to throw herself back into her work.

 

Tried, was the operative word. Jenn had known that there would be a void left in Christian’s absence. She just hadn’t expected it to be so pronounced. Everything at the clinic seemed to remind her of him, and that seemed to trigger responses in her that she’d never had before. What started out as idle thoughts and memories, began to change into heated fantasies. They started out slow; daydreams about Christian catching her by surprise with a kiss, but as the weeks went on, they’d evolved into all-out dreams of being dragged into one of the treatment rooms and having her scrubs dragged down to her ankles. It wasn’t like her. Jenn was happy…relatively. It wasn’t like she was sexually frustrated either. Eddie was usually more than willing whenever she was in the mood, assuming he wasn’t too tired. Or too preoccupied with his current case to get in the mood.

 

But Jenn had always wondered about what it would be like…to be with someone other than Eddie. He had been her first sexual partner…and her only one. Not that that was a bad thing; she enjoyed sex with Eddie, even though it didn’t seem like it was the mind-blowing stuff that she’d hear the other nurses talking about sometimes. But who had time for mind-blowing sex when you had three kids? In fact, maybe it was a blessing that the sex wasn’t that great. If it was, they’d probably have six kids by now instead of three – in fact that was almost a guarantee. Tay had been an accident; the result of too much tequila on their anniversary when Jenn’s parents were kind enough to take the girls for the weekend.

 

But what but bothered Jenn the most was that sex had become a functional exercise for them; something they did mainly because the other thought it was what they were supposed to do. Jenn couldn’t the last time she’d had an orgasm that didn’t involve twenty minutes alone in the bathroom. What made it worse was that Eddie had been working extra hours lately; intent on proving that the new weaponless policing program would be a success. Jenn had always admired Eddie’s determination, but it was starting to get in the way of their relationship.  Her mischievous fantasies of Christian became an outlet; a way for her to allow her naughtier side to come out and play. It was safe; it wasn’t like she’d be seeing Christian again anytime soon. Even if he did come back to L.A., she was fairly certain he wouldn’t go out of his way to see her again.

 

“Where’s my black sweater?” Eddie asked, his irritation clear in his voice. Jenn pointed at the basket of folded laundry that sat under the window.

“Right there, where I told you it was last night.” She replied. Eddie gave her a look before reaching into the basket and retrieving the shirt. He tossed it into his leather bag before heading to the dresser.

 

“Do you think I’ll need thicker socks?” Eddie asked, opening a drawer. Jenn sighed.

 

“Eddie, it’s not going to be that cold.” Jenn said. “Yes, it’s New York, but it’s October. They don’t even have snow yet.”

 

Eddie pulled several pairs of socks out of the drawer and added them to the bag.

 

“I know, I just don’t want to end up sick my first day there,” Eddie said, turning to look at his wife.

 

“It’s not everyday that the LAPD pays for one of their cops to go to a conference like this – especially a beat cop like me.”

 

Jenn pushed herself on to her knees on the bed and extended her arms.

 

“I know, honey,” she said. Eddie walked into her embrace and wrapped his arms around her waist. “But it will all be fine. Just relax and try to enjoy yourself a little. How many opportunities do you get to act like a bachelor again?”

 

Eddie smiled.

 

“That’s true – no wife, no kids, just little old me and the big apple. I smell an opportunity here.” Jenn playfully pinched his neck.

 

“Don’t go getting too buckwild now,” she warned. “You’re still a police officer.”

 

“That just means I’ll get to use handcuffs.”

 

Jenn started to trace a light pattern on Eddie’s neck as she leaned in to his ear.

 

“You could practice on me, right now.” She whispered, taking Eddie’s lobe into her mouth. She knew it was risky to start this, with two of the kids still in the house. But it was Friday afternoon, and she knew that Tay was working on his music in the attic and Lizzie was likely on the phone with one of her friends. Eddie laughed.

 

“Well aren’t you a freaky thing today,” Eddie whispered back. “It’s still light out and the kids are home.”

 

Jenn bit the side of his neck.

 

“That’s never stopped us before,” she mumbled against his skin. It had been months since she and Eddie had last had sex, and between her hormones and the vivid fantasies she’d been having, she was nearly desperate for it. Eddie moaned lightly as her kisses reached his shoulder, but then started pulling back.

 

“Come on, Jenn.” He said. “My flight leaves in a couple of hours and I have to stop at the station first.”

 

Jenn pleaded with her eyes for a moment before realizing that Eddie wasn’t going to give in. She sighed and let her arms fall off of his shoulders.

 

“Fine,” she said resignedly. “I guess I’ll go put dinner in the oven and then I’ll drive you.”

 

Eddie smiled and kissed Jenn’s cheek.

 

“Thanks, baby.” He said before heading into their ensuite bathroom. Jenn watched him go before letting out her silent scream. If she didn’t have to drive Eddie to the airport, she would release her frustration on her own. But as it was, she rose off of the bed and headed out of the bedroom, grumbling as she realized that she was going to be alone all weekend.

 

*~*~*~

“I’d like a large Americano with room for cream, please?” Jenn smiled as she ordered her coffee from her eldest daughter Cassie at the small coffee shop she worked in. Cassie nodded at her and held out her hand.

 

“$2.50 please.” Cassie said. Jenn’s eyes widened.

 

“Since when does a cup of coffee cost almost three dollars?” Jenn asked, hunting for her change purse. Cassie shrugged.

 

“Blame it on inflation,” she replied. “Now pay up, lady.”

 

“This is robbery,” Jenn mumbled as she continued to search through her purse.

 

“ I guess it’s good that I have deep pockets, then.”

 

Jenn spun around, thinking that she had to be hallucinating. The voice had come from behind her…and it had been from Christian. He stood there, his hands in his pockets and a sexy grin on his face. Jenn was sure she had a small orgasm right there.

 

“Chris?” Jenn said in disbelief. “What – what are you doing here?”

 

“I missed you too, Jenn,” Christian replied with a laugh. He extended his arms. “Do I at least get a hug for paying for your coffee?”

 

Jenn shook her head as she walked into his embrace. The scent of his cologne washed over her, and she melted into his arms. Christian turned his head slightly, so that his lips brushed against her hair. He inhaled deeply, giving her a light squeeze. Jenn was perfectly happy to stay right where she was, but she heard Cassie clear her throat behind her. Jenn pulled back quickly and turned to her daughter with slight panic.

“Is someone going to pay for this coffee or what?” Cassie asked flippantly as she gazed between the two. Jenn released her breath.

 

“Sorry about that,” Christian said easily. He walked up to the counter and pulled out his wallet. “Can you add a cappuccino to that order please?”

 

Cassie nodded and told him the new total, and he handed her a ten, telling her to keep the change. Cassie beamed at him for the tip and turned to make the order. Jenn took the time to quickly admire Christian’s backside, almost becoming hypnotized by how nicely his jeans fit over his firm cheeks. She bit her lip instead of one of those apples. He started to turn to her and she quickly brought her eyes back to his.

 

“I still can’t believe you’re here,” Jenn said with a smile. “It seems like forever since I’ve seen you. When did you get back in town? Why are you back in town?”

 

Christian laughed and held up his hands.

 

“Woah, slow down Jenn,” he said. “Why don’t we find a table and we can chat for a bit. I mean, if you have a few minutes?”

 

Jenn nodded. She’d dropped Eddie off at the airport about an hour earlier, and had stopped by the coffee shop because she didn’t really feel like going home. Christian gestured to a table near the back of the shop that was empty, and Jenn turned and walked towards it. When she reached the table, she smiled as Christian ran behind her and pulled out her chair for her.

 

“Always the gentleman,” Jenn teased as she sat down. Christian fixed her with a smile as he took his own seat.

 

“My mother wouldn’t have had it any other way,” he replied.

 

The two sat quietly just looking at each other for a moment, and Jenn wondered what was going through Christian’s head. Hers of course immediately started comparing notes; checking if Christian’s features matched the ones in her fantasies. His hair was a bit shorter now, but he had a slight shadow on his cheeks and chin that added more contrast to his tanned skin. Jenn had never noticed before how smooth and perfect his lips were, or the tiny, light line on his chin that looked like an old scar. She looked up again when she heard him clear his throat lightly.

 

“Um…so how’s the new job?” Jenn asked, glancing down at the table to hide her embarrassment.

 

“It’s pretty cool, actually,” Christian replied. “There are some amazing medical minds there, and you wouldn’t believe the advanced research and technology that they’re using. I think I spent the first few days just staring and drooling.”


Jenn laughed. She always appreciated Christian’s passion for medicine; he was always going on about new medications and treatments that he’d read about.

 

“That sounds pretty amazing,” she commented. “And how about the staff? Do you have some good apples there or are you tripping over egos?”

 

“There are some brilliant doctors there, actually,” Christian said. “I’ve learned so much from them already. I think there’s only one thing that’s missing where staff is concerned.”

 

“And what’s that?”

 

“An incredible nurse like you.”

 

Jenn grinned, thankful that her dark complexion could hide her blush.

 

“Well, what can I say? I am the best.” She replied with false nonchalance. Christian smiled widely at her as he chuckled.

 

“One Americano for you Mama Sutton, and one cappuccino for the hottie.” Sage placed the drinks onto the table, her eyes firmly locked on Christian as she gave him a flirtatious smile. Jenn felt her teeth clench as she glared at the teenager.

 

“Thanks, Sage,” Jenn said tightly. Sage barely nodded at her as she leaned slightly towards Christian.

 

“Oh my god, is that a tribal bracelet?” Sage asked, letting her fingers brush over Christian’s wrist as she touched the braided jewelry he wore.

 

“Uh, yeah,” Christian answered, lightly pulling his wrist out of her grip. “It was a gift from one of the nurses at the Sudanese hospital. Apparently it’s a symbol of friendship.”

 

“It looks really hot,” Sage said, as she twirled at her long brown hair. Jenn was ready to vomit. Who the hell did this infant think she was, hitting on a man that was nearly fifteen years her senior? And calling her ‘Mama’ like she was some old hag.

 

“Don’t you have things behind the counter you should be doing, Sage?” Jenn said, more sharply than she’d planned. “You don’t want to have to stay late with all of the homework you have left to do.”

 

Sage looked back at Jenn and Jenn could see the small flare of annoyance flash through her eyes. Jenn had to fight the smirk that wanted to emerge. That’s what happens when you try to play with grown folks, Jenn thought. But Sage recovered quickly and plastered a fake smile on her face.

 

“Right. Enjoy your coffee and if you need anything,” Sage then threw a suggestive look at Christian. “Please don’t hesitate to let me know.”

 

Christian gave her a small nod back, and Jenn could tell that he was trying not to laugh. Sage then spun on her heel and left the table. Christian looked back at Jenn, and a moment later they both had to laugh.

 

“I’m so sorry about her,” Jenn said as she calmed down. “Her brazen behaviour never ceases to amaze me. I’m starting to think she may be a bad influence on Cassie.”

 

Christian giggled as he stirred sugar into his drink.

 

“She certainly is…bold,” he agreed. He then looked up and tilted his head. “But if I didn’t know better, I’d swear she made you jealous.”

 

Jenn creased her forehead. Had she sounded jealous? Had she been jealous? She shook her head, willing the thoughts to go away.

 

“You’re just a bit full of yourself, Dr. Mario,” Jenn replied, breaking the gaze to look at her coffee.

 

“Uh huh,” Christian said, the laughter still in his voice. Jenn looked up at him and rolled her eyes.

 

“Why would I be jealous of a sixteen year old girl with a crush?” Jenn continued. She didn’t know why she had to defend this point, but she did. “You’re attractive, it’s only natural that she’d want a piece of you. But it doesn’t make her behaviour appropriate.”

 

Christian started laughing again, his brown eyes twinkling at her. Jenn started to feel self-conscious.

 

“What’s so funny?” she asked, bringing the steaming cup to her lips.

 

“You are,” Christian answered plainly. “You really think that I was even a little effected by that little display of hers?”

 

Jenn swallowed her coffee and shrugged. Christian shook his head.

 

“Jenn, besides the fact that I’m fully aware of how illegal she is, I’m not interested.” Christian said. “I’ve never been a fan of women that feel they need to play games to get my attention.”

 

Jenn traced the mouth of her cup with her finger as she listened. She didn’t know where her next question came from, but she asked it anyways.

 

“And what kind of girls do interest you, Christian?”

 

Christian’s eyes seemed to darken slightly then as he looked at her, and Jenn pressed her thighs closer together to ignore the effect the look had on her.

 

“I like women who are comfortable enough in themselves to be just that – themselves,” Christian explained. His eyes seemed to roam her face before going back to hers. “A smart, confident woman is the sexiest thing in the world. They don’t need to advertise, you can’t help but notice them.”

 

Jenn’s eyes fell to Christian’s mouth again in an effort to avoid his intense gaze. But then he licked them, and that was much worse than the stare. Get a hold of yourself, Jenn, she coached herself. She’d only been in his presence again for twenty minutes and she already needed a change of underwear.

 

“Well, it’s nice to know that you aren’t completely shallow,” Jenn finally said, needing to break the spell. Christian gave her a lopsided grin.

 

“Gee, thanks,” he said. He raised his cappuccino to his mouth and took a sip, which left a small amount of foam on his upper lip. Jenn’s mind flashed to her leaning over the table to lick it off before she quickly looked back to her coffee.

 

“Anytime,” Jenn said, her voice coming out a bit breathier than she’d hoped. “So, you didn’t answer my question earlier. What brings you back to L.A. so soon?”

 

Christian leaned back in his chair, throwing his elbow onto the back of it. The move stretched his shirt tightly across his chest, teasing Jenn with the rippled hardness underneath.

 

“A couple of things,” Christian answered. “For one, the WHO asked me to give a speech at a conference on Sunday about my experience in Sudan so far; you know basically getting me to recruit some more medical staff.”


“That sounds exciting,” Jenn commented.

 

“Yeah, it should be,” Christian agreed. “And tomorrow, I’ve got my sister’s wedding.”

 

“Oh yeah,” Jenn said. She remembered Christian talking about it earlier that year. “I can’t believe that’s tomorrow already. Wow, time flies.”

 

“You’re telling me,” Christian said, shaking his head. “I’ve been so busy over the last few months that I almost forgot about it. And if that isn’t bad enough, I’ll have to face my ex there.”

 

Jenn raised her eyebrows.

 

“Your ex?” she asked. “Which one? Why?” Jenn didn’t remember Christian dating anyone before he left for his new job, and she doubted he would have kept that to himself.

 

“Paula,” Christian answered, saying her name like it was a curse. “I dated her for almost a year  and we were together when my sister sent out the invitations. We broke up a while ago – before you started at the clinic, actually – but she and my sister are still friends, so she didn’t recind the invite.”

 

“Oh,” Jenn said, relieved that he hadn’t kept a secret girlfriend. “But why does it matter now? I mean if you guys have been apart for so long, it’s all water under the bridge now, isn’t it?”

 

“You’d think,” Christian said bitterly. “But I was the one who did the dumping, and she wasn’t ready for it to be over. She practically stalked me for three months after it was over, and she still tries to get my sister to talk me into getting back together with her.”

 

“Yikes,” Jenn said.

 

“Exactly. And now when I show up tomorrow minus a date, she’s likely going to take that as an opportunity to try and ‘work things out’.” Christian replied. “She’ll chase off any women I try to dance with, likely get drunk and start crying all over me – god, It’s going to be hell.”

 

Jenn bit back her smile. Even though she knew it was likely torture for Christian to go through that kind of drama, she couldn’t help but picture his pitiful face as he tried to deal with a drunken hysterical woman.

 

“I’m sorry, hun,” she said with as much sympathy as she could muster. Christian narrowed his eyes at her, obviously noting the laughter in her voice. “Why don’t you just bring a date with you and then your problem will be solved?”

 

Christian now smiled as he let out a chuckle.

 

“And how am I supposed to find a date for a wedding the night before it happens?” Christian asked. Jenn shrugged.

 

“Oh come on, Chris. I know you’ve got a little black book somewhere full of girls you used to date that would jump at the chance to be on your arm again.” Jenn said. Christian  snorted.

 

“Yeah, and most of them are history for a reason,” Christian replied. “Not to mention, do you have any idea what it means to a woman when a guy brings her to a family wedding? No way do I want to deal with that kind of aftermath.”

 

Jenn giggled as she realized he had a point. She looked up at his half-smiling face and felt pity on him.

 

“Well, I suppose the same rules don’t apply if you take a married woman,” Jenn said furtively. Christian raised his perfect brown eyebrow.

 

“What exactly are you proposing, Nurse Sutton?” he asked. Jenn couldn’t stop herself from smiling at his flirtatious tone.

 

“Being the angel of mercy that I am, I’ve decided to spare you the drama of your ex so that you can enjoy your sister’s day,” Jenn replied. “I’ll be your ‘date’ for the wedding.”

 

Christian smiled as she lifted her two index fingers to make the quote signs around the word date. His eyes quickly travelled the length of her, and then locked into a stare. Jenn felt her heart flutter at his intensity again, and then wondered if perhaps she’d crossed a line with her suggestion.

 

“That is, unless you don’t want to,” she added quietly. Christian held his gaze a moment longer before leaning back onto the table.

 

“Having you all to myself for an entire evening?” Christian said, his voice an octave deeper. “There’s no way in hell I’d say no to that.”

 

Jenn felt her cheeks burn as she gave way to a giddy smile. How the hell had she managed to ignore how charming this man was before now?

 

“Then it’s a date,” she said again, not even worrying about the possible double meaning to the word. Christian nodded his agreement.

 

“Yes it is.”

 

“Damn, you’re mom’s got skills,” Sage said as she placed the newly dried cup onto a stack of others. Cassie looked up from the cappuccino machine to look at her.

 

“What are you talking about?” Cassie asked absently. Cassie nodded towards the table that sat Christian and Jenn.

 

“Your mom,” Sage repeated. “I can’t believe she’s still got game after being married forever and having all you kids.”

 

“Game?” Cassie asked. She looked at the table, where all she saw her mother and Christian laughing. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary to her. “I don’t get it.”

 

Sage rolled her eyes dramatically and looked at Cassie.

 

“Hello? You know game – when someone has that serious mojo that makes people fall in love with them? Your mom still has it, and she’s working it on that hottie she’s with.” Sage explained. Cassie wrinkled her nose.

 

“Who? Dr. Mario?” Cassie looked at the table again, then back to Sage. “They’re just friends. They used to work together.”

 

“Like that’s relevant,” Sage said with another eyeroll. “My point is, Mama Sutton is laying down some serious flirting over there, and Dr. Hotstuff is totally eating it up. In fact, he’s been throwing some back at her too.”

 

“Okay Sage, that’s enough,” Cassie said, placing a hand on her hip. “I know you love drama, but leave my mother out of it okay? She’s a happily married woman. Maybe Dr. Mario is flirting with her, but I know she isn’t feeling it. So stop trying to make problems where there aren’t any.”

“Okay,” Sage said with a wide-eyed shrug. “But I’m telling you, I know what raw lust looks like, and it’s being tossed across that table like a tennis ball.”


“Sage, I’m warning you-“

 

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you!” Sage said with her hands up. “But mark my words, there’s something a hell of a lot stronger than friendship going on between your mother and that doctor.”

 

Cassie gave Sage a warning glare before she turned back to her task. Her eyes flickered back to the table, and she saw her mother biting her lip as she looked at Christian strangely. Cassie couldn’t quite place the look, but she found it unsettling. The hug that her mother had shared with Christian at first seemed to be a bit too long, but Cassie had shrugged it off. Her own mother wouldn’t blatantly flirt with another man right in front of her, would she? Cassie shook her head as if to remove the thoughts. Sage was just trying to get under her skin, as usual. She wouldn’t let her. Cassie had to trust that her mother would never let herself be tempted by someone else, even if it was the hottest doctor she’d ever seen.





Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoy and let me know what's up!