Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry its so short, but I had to break the story up some how.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


ACT I
She was sitting at the corner booth of New Hartford's restaurant in Roxbury. Hartford's was grimiest shit-hole I'd ever had the displeasure of entering, but it was also the only restaurant within twenty miles of Roxbury High and the only option during lunch.

She was alone, she had positioned herself away from the crowd. Body tilted so she faced only the decaying wallpaper. That didn't stop countless guys from coming to talk to her. Each time a new suitor would approach her she would pull her body closer to the table and cross her legs toward the wall. She never spoke. And whether angry or exasperated each one would give up eventually. She was concentrating on her book; Othello in paperback with a picture of a pale lifeless Desdemona on the cover.

I ordered my food. As I waited I couldn't help but wander towards her table, I had no intention of talking to her, but it wasn't illegal to look. Her face was heart-shaped her skin a shade between olive and ginger snaps and her hair was pulled back into a ponytail with uncooperative curls busting from the tie. My eyes slid from her face down to her neck and collarbone and I easily let my eyes slide further… further… down... down…

"Were you looking at my breasts?"

I was caught so off guard that I questioned whether she'd said anything at all or if it was just an interception from my guilty conscious. I wasn't sure until she bookmarked her page and looked at me expectantly.

"No, I ah... I just like your shirt.... your shirt, my sister has one just like it."

She quickly reached to her belly button and zipped her jacket to her neck "So tell me then… what's on the front of my shirt?"

"Well, it... it was-" my fumbling was interrupted by an unexpected sound; laughter was bubbling from her stomach. "Well I knew it was blue," I grinned.

"Cecile," she said.

"What?"

"That's my name: Cecile."