Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    FINALE-THREE MONTHS LATER

    “Tell me what you don’t like about yourself, Mr. Morgan?” Sean McNamara asked the man sitting in front of him and Christian. Christian was eyeing Mrs. Dexter Morgan. Yes, she did seem to be very pregnant, but there was something about her that reminded him of the late Gina Russo, who he literally fucked off of a balcony.

    Dexter smiled over at Rita, who gave him a reassuring smile in kind, before turning back to Doctor’s McNamara and Troy.

    “I have a scar I would like to get rid of. My wife says she doesn’t care, but I do.” Dexter said in a low voice. Rita spoke.

    “Dexter was attacked 3 months ago.”

    “Attacked?” Christian asked.

    “Yes,” Dexter said in a low, meek sounding voice, “my kidney was stolen.”

    Christian and Sean exchanged glances as Dexter suspected they would. He went on.

    “The police think I was the victim of some kind of kidney ring. Anyway, I went to your offices in Miami but the job got butchered. I was hoping...”

    “Whoa!” Sean said, “our OFFICES IN MIAMI? Mr. Morgan, this is our only office.”

    “Well, your names are still on the sign in Miami...I just assumed...”

    “Excuse us, Mr. Morgan.” Sean said tersely, “Dr. Troy and I need to consult for a moment.”

    Dexter watched as Sean McNamara and Christian Troy got up from their seats and left the room. Once the door closed, Rita shook her head.

    “They should do this for free, Dexter! I mean what they pulled back in Miami was negligence.”

    Dexter reached for Rita’s hand.

    “Things will be set right, I promise. I don’t want you, or our baby, to worry about anything.”

    “I can’t help but worry! I mean one day you’re leaving for work, the next thing we know you’re in the hospital. The doctors are saying that someone STOLE one of your kidneys! What kind of animals would do something like that?”

    Dexter looked away. He knew of one woman that would do something like that. Michelle Landau. He suspected, no, he knew, that Miguel Prado had told his ‘wife’ all about their association, either before Dexter murdered him, or post mortem by letter or something.

    Then Michelle decided to get cute.

    He never told Rita that Michelle had invited him over to her home, before he left for work that day, telling him that Miguel had left package for him, via her. Dexter, not knowing what the hell Miguel had been up to, decided it was best to pay Michelle a visit, just to see what she knew.

    Michelle was friendly enough...even offering him orange juice before leaving the room to get the package. It was as Dexter sipped the drink, waiting and wondering, that he began to feel as if he were going to pass out.

    The next thing he knew, he awakened in a hospital. The doctors told him that he had been left next to a dumpster but that whomever had stolen his kidney had sewn him back up like a professional.

    In the police report, Dexter skipped telling Angel the part about going to visit Michelle Landau. He just said he stopped to get some donuts and then nothing. Luckily there were no traffic cameras nearby to catch his lie.

    And Michelle Landau left town. Or moved to L.A.. Dexter was able to find out that Mrs. Landau had indeed moved to California and had opened up some kind of spa. Dexter’s next move was simple.

    He cut on the wound that Michelle had made, went to the hospital and got it stitched back up. He then told Rita that he had went to ‘McNamara/ Troy’ to get rid of the scar and they had made things worse. He then ‘pretended’ to find out that the owners, didn’t own the business anymore and were living in L.A..

    Rita practically insisted that they travel to L.A. to make things right. And they drove, since Rita was a little too pregnant for flying.

    Meanwhile, Sean and Christian were arguing in an operating room.

    “Didn’t you tell me you saw Michelle last week at that bistro?” Sean asked.

    “Yes! She opened a spa out here. So it makes no sense that she’s responsible for Mr. Morgan’s kidney scar! She wouldn’t even know him!”

    “But she didn’t change the name of our old business, did she? She didn’t take the sign down. Mr. Morgan went to our old place of business, thinking that WE would help him. Instead he got whatever hacks your ex-fiancee hired and they butchered him! We have no choice but to do this job pro-bono!”

    “Oh come on, Sean!”

    “No, you come on! That woman stole Liz’s kidney, remember? Now I think you’d better get her on the phone...pronto! Get her over here so she can help  make some restitution.”

    “So we’re not doing this ‘pro-bono’? You plan on taking this out of Michelle’s hide? She didn’t cut the kidney out of Morgan for Christ’s sakes!”

    “She owned that business when Dexter Morgan came to it, thinking he would be dealing with professionals...under OUR name! We have an opening this afternoon. If Mr. Morgan agrees to it, I want to perform his surgery right away and keep him here for at least overnight.”

    Christian sighed.

    “Fine. I’ll call Michelle.”

                                                                   ****

    Michelle tried to hide her disgust. A woman had just gotten a facial and to be blunt, she still looked like shit! She decided to look into getting some stronger beauty products. After all,  she planned to make her new business, ‘Serenity’, one of the premiere day spas in California. Maybe open up a chain of them.

    She had brought Carrie, her secretary from Miami, out with her. Carrie approached her.

    “I have Christian Troy on line one for you.”

    Michelle nodded but eyed the woman who still looked bad.

    “Give her a discount. I don’t think she’s going to be happy when she looks in a mirror.”

    Carrie nodded and walked off. Michelle picked up the phone, waited for Christian to answer, then hung up again! She wasn’t in any mood to speak to him today. She walked back to her office, closed her door and walked over to a safe that she had installed in the wall. She unlocked it and stared into it.

    Miguel’s DVD and the cassette he had given her, were inside. Michelle took a deep breath. Stealing Dexter Morgan’s kidney and turning it over to an old contact of Jaymes’s, who was still in the organ trafficking business, didn’t make her feel better. And she had went against Miguel’s advice.

    She knew she was taking her chances. That Dexter Morgan would be coming after her. It was just a matter of when.

    Carrie buzzed her.

    “Michelle, Christian Troy is on the line again. He said he’s going to come over if you don’t talk to him.”

    Michelle sighed with disgust and picked up.

    “What?”

    “I suggest you get over here to the REAL McNamara/ Troy, sweetheart.”

    “What are you talking about, Christian? I’m not coming over there.”

    “We have a patient here that was butchered by your incompetent doctors...you know the ones you had operating under our names!”

    “What?! How in the hell is that my fault? I sold the business.”

    “But he got a procedure done there when you still owned the business.”

    “Says who? Don’t call here again, Christian.” Michelle sniffed, about to hang up. But then her ex-fiancee said something else.

    “He had a kidney stolen, Michelle. Sean practically thinks you did it! Just please...come over here and prove to him that you’re not the monster he thinks you are. How about we both offer to make things right with Mr. Morgan?”

    Michelle felt the blood rush to her head.

    “Mr. Morgan?” Michelle said lightly.

    “His name is Dexter Morgan. His fiancee came to L.A. with him. This whole thing has been hard on her. Look, let’s set this straight. How about you help operate too?”

    Michelle leaned back in her chair.

    “Sean wouldn’t like that.”

    “Who gives a fuck? I’ll take care of that. Michelle...I really want to see you again.”

    And I’d like to see Miguel’s face again, Michelle thought. But I can’t...no thanks to that fuck Dexter Morgan.

    “Okay, Christian. I’ll be right over. We’ll set things right with Mr. Morgan.” she said, hanging up. She didn’t even bother to say goodbye to Christian. She stood up, thinking of the things she had heard on that cassette tape Miguel had left her. They were conversations between Miguel and Dexter about killing people and some ‘code’ of Dexter’s. Michelle didn’t completely understand everything, but she got the gist of it. And she began to wonder about a few things herself.

    Like how many other people Dexter had murdered and why no one was missing them? She doubted Dexter had even stepped foot in the plastic surgery firm she had left behind in Miami. The doctors she had hired were a little green, but getting rid of a scar was a basic procedure. She suspected Dexter did something to himself and pulled this whole stunt just to smoke her out.

    Michelle looked in a mirror. She didn’t think Dexter would acknowledge knowing her. But she couldn’t be sure she hadn’t met this wife of Dexter’s. She didn’t think she had...but Michelle just couldn’t be sure. Michelle turned away from the mirror. She would just have to take her chances.  Now she had to decide if maybe she couldn’t ‘accidentally’ cause Dexter Morgan not to survive his plastic surgery operation.

                                                                   ****

    Michelle wore dark sunglasses as she took the elevator up to McNamara / Troy. When the doors opened she strode up to a secretary’s desk, but the first person she saw Liz.

    Liz eyed her like she was a dirty goat or something.

    “Michelle...I wish I could say it was nice to see you.”

    “I could care less. Is Christian here?”

    Sean appeared. Michelle rolled her eyes behind her dark glasses. God...

    “Michelle, I’m glad that you were willing to make things right with Mr. Morgan.” he said in a cordial voice.

    “Is Christian here?” Michelle repeated in a bored sounding voice. Christian did finally appear and he walked over to her.

    “Michelle, thanks for coming right over. Why don’t we go into my office and we can talk about what needs to be done.”

    Michelle removed her glasses.

    “You told me what needs to be done. You want me to either foot all, or part of the bill, based on some liar’s word?”

    “Michelle,” Sean began, “I don’t think Mr. Morgan is lying. Why would he unless he had some reason to. Do you know him?”

    “I don’t know anyone by the name of ‘Mr. Morgan’, Sean. And Christian told me that the real reason I’m here is because you think I stole this man’s kidney. I guess I’ll go present myself to this man and see if he recognizes me.” Michelle said blithely, looking from Sean to Christian.

    “Where is he?” she asked.

    “In a room getting prepped for surgery.” Christian said, pulling on her arm. “This way.”

    Michelle flung his arm off of hers and followed him to wherever Dexter was. Sean frowned. Michelle DID seem angry. Was it possible that Dexter Morgan was scamming them? That made no sense. None. After all, neither Christian nor himself had ever seen this man, or his wife before. The scar Mr. Morgan had was similar to the one Liz had had...

    No, Sean thought. This was not a scam. Nor did he think this was a coincidence. He just couldn’t prove anything.

     Meanwhile, Michelle was lead into  ‘Dexter’s Prep Room’. Her eyes swept over his wife. She’d maybe seen her once, at Miguel’s funeral before the two of them were thrown out of there. But other than that, Michelle didn’t think the woman would recognize her.

    “Mr. and Mrs. Morgan, this is Michelle Landau. She owned the business that we used to own.”

    “Yes,” Michelle said in a fake voice, “Christian called me and told me what happened. I had been remiss in not taking down that sign.”

    “You were ‘remiss’ with more than just the sign.” Rita said in a cold voice. But Dexter touched her hand.

    “Honey, it sounds like it was just an innocent mistake.” he said, looking from Rita to Michelle. “Mrs...uh...I’m sorry, I forgot your name?”

    “It’s Mrs. Landau, but please, both of you, call me Michelle. Christian and I have discussed this and we insist on making some kind of restitution. I was thinking of footing the entire bill for the surgery and maybe Mrs. Morgan here, would like a free day at my new day spa?”

    Rita’s eyes grew huge! She smiled softly and looked at Dexter.

    “Dexter, what do you think?”

    Dexter eyed Michelle.

    “I think you deserve to be pampered, honey. Thank you, Michelle. That sounds wonderful.”

    Michelle gave him a fake smile, then turned and walked out of the room. Christian grabbed her arm just as Sean and Liz were walking up.

    “Michelle, you don’t have to foot the entire bill. I mean Sean and I were thinking half.”

    “No, that’s alright. They seem like nice people and I should’ve changed the name right away. So...this butchered job Mr. Morgan had done was that bad? I mean Mr. Morgan will probably have to stay here overnight?”

    “Probably.” Sean said, trying to figure Michelle out.

    “And his wife? She looks like she’s getting up there in her pregnancy. Is she going to sleep here too?”

    “Oh I hope not.” Liz said. “Why?”

    “Well since this is my fault I was thinking of putting her up in a hotel. But maybe they already made arrangements. Okay, well send me the bill. It was nice seeing....well, it was nice seeing you, Christian.” Michelle said and turned to walk off. She would return later on tonight and either smother Dexter in his sleep or...

    Christian caught up with her as she approached the elevator.

    “Michelle, I want to see you tonight. Maybe we can make a family night of it with Wilbur.”

    Michelle smiled at the thought of Wilbur. He would’ve been her little boy if things had worked out between Christian and herself.

    “I don’t know, Christian. Wilbur probably won’t remember me.”

    “Of course he remembers you. Come on, Michelle. For old times sake.”

    Michelle folded her arms.

    “I don’t do ‘for old times sake’, Christian. Maybe another time.” Michelle said, thinking Christian had a lot of nerve. His proposition made her miss Miguel all the more. Christian watched Michelle step into the elevator. He turned away as the doors closed and walked back towards Sean.

    “I can see you’re still interested in her, Christian.” Sean said.

    “It doesn’t matter. I think that guy she was seeing is the problem. She could still be seeing him.”

    “What guy?” Sean asked.

    “Remember when I told you that some lawyer called me about Michelle?”

    “Yeah...but that was months ago.”

    “Yeah, well, I called Michelle one night to ask her about it and some prick answered the phone. He said he was ‘A.D.A. Miguel Prado’ and said a few choice other things before hanging up. I think Michelle is still seeing him.”

    Neither Sean nor Christian saw Rita standing nearby, her mouth hanging open! She turned around and hurried back to Dexter’s room, closing the door!

    “Dexter! Dexter, that woman that was here...”

    Dexter sat up. He had been thinking about how Michelle would probably come here to kill him this evening. He was also thinking about the little shack he had found near the ocean, where he could easily kill and dispose of her. He would just have to rent a boat...

    “Michelle Landau?”

    “Yes! I just heard Dr. Troy say that Michelle was seeing Miguel Prado! Syl suspected he was seeing other women!  Don’t you think it’s weird that Miguel’s mistress is connected to all of this?”

    Uh oh, Dexter thought. He needed this to be a clean kill. Meaning there was nothing to connect him with the soon to be missing owner of the Serenity Day Spa.

    “Rita, we don’t know that that’s true.”

    “Dexter! Christian just said that he called Michelle one night and Miguel answered the phone!”

    “Okay but maybe they had business together.”

    Rita eyed him.

    “Did you know Miguel was seeing her?”

    “I’ve never seen her before in my life, Rita! Would you calm down!”

    “You may not know her but she knows you! You know what I think? I think she knew who you were when you came to her business and she had someone mess up your surgery! She was afraid that her relationship with Miguel would get out!” Rita theorized quite incorrectly.

    “But she wouldn’t know that I knew anything...Rita, please, can I just get this surgery and then we’ll leave?”

    Rita reached for his hands.

    “I would feel better if we could just get this done somewhere else. I don’t like the feel of this. I’m not saying Dr. McNamara or Dr. Troy are involved...”

    “But we can’t explain why we’re suddenly up and leaving a surgery we’re getting for free! And they will be offended, Rita.”

    Rita let go of his hand.

    “Alright, Dexter. You were the one that was attacked. If you trust this, then I’ll go along with it.”

    She leaned down and kissed him, then sat down in a nearby chair. Dexter sighed.  Rita’s knowing about the Miguel/Michelle connection was unfortunate, but explainable. He couldn’t afford to worry about that now anyway. He had to be ready for tonight.

    But tonight would not work out as either Michelle or Dexter would think.

                                                                       ****

    Michelle got off of the elevator of McNamara/Troy after visiting hours. She was wearing a cat suit underneath a light, black trench coat. The guard had remembered her from before and she gave a coupon to him for his wife, to her day spa.

    As she handed him the coupon/bribe, she noticed a picture of a woman that he wasn’t supposed to allow up. Michelle frowned and tried to get a closer look, but the picture was upside down. She decided to just forget about it and turned to step up into the elevator.

    The doors opened and Michelle could see no one at reception. She eased down the corridor, looking around for Dexter’s room. She knew he would’ve been taken someplace different after his surgery.

    She peered through a window. Dexter was sleeping. Michelle looked around, then opened the door. She stepped inside and closed the door behind her quickly. She spied a couple of extra pillows in a chair and she picked up one. This mofo was going to not only pay for killing Miguel, but for trying to kill her or whatever the hell that incident was about, when she awoke with plastic in her fucking mouth! Plus, he had probably butchered all kinds of other people. She was doing the world a service!

    Dexter opened one eye quickly. He planned to break Michelle’s neck, hide her in the closet until there was no one but the night nurse on, drug the night nurse then drag Michelle out of here and down into the undercar garage, where he had placed a second rental car, that Rita knew nothing about, in a space near the elevators. He would then throw Michelle in the trunk, take her to the shack he had found, cut her up and...

    Michelle was now closing in with the pillow. She was just about to place it down over his face when Dexter’s hand shot up and grabbed her around the throat! Michelle dropped the pillow and jabbed him in the eye quickly, causing him to release his hold on her throat and hiss! His eye looked a little pink.

    Michelle was about to do a winding punch on his azz, when she stopped. She put a hand up to Dexter.

    “What the hell is that noise?” she whispered. Dexter frowned and the two of them eased to his door. Dexter slowly opened it and Michelle and him peered out.

    There was a woman dragging Sean’s bloody body down a hallway! Dexter and Michelle looked at one another in disbelief. What the fuck??? Dexter closed the door quickly just as they heard Liz screaming Christian’s name.

    “I wonder if that’s the woman that the guard wasn’t supposed to let up here!” Michelle whispered.

    “Well he’s clearly going to be unemployed soon.” Dexter murmured, wondering if he had yet found another victim to go after. His thoughts were interrupted at the sound of Christian calling out Sean’s name. Dexter opened the door a bit again, and he and Michelle peeked out and watched as Christian slammed his body against a door that didn’t want to budge.

    “Maybe you should help him.” Michelle whispered. Dexter rolled his eyes! He was recovering from surgery himself! That wasn’t about to happen...

    Michelle suddenly shoved Dexter out into the hallway! Christian saw him.

    “Hey, could you give me a little help?!”

    “Uh yeah,” Dexter said, pretending to be shocked, “what the hell happened?”

    “I don’t know!” Christian yelled and both he and Dexter managed to get the door open. Dexter saw a crazy woman with glasses, slumped over Sean McNamara’s body.

    “I’ll call 911!” Dexter yelled. But the first thing he did was run back to his room.

    Michelle Landau was gone.

                                                                     ****

                                                       TWO NIGHTS LATER

    Michelle gently sniffed the new buffing creme that had come in. This should make even the ugliest person look better after a facial!

    She set the jar down, screwed the top back on and picked up the newspaper, re-reading the article about the melee over at McNamara/Troy. The crazy azz that tried to kill Sean WAS the woman she had half got a look at on that flier at the guard’s desk. Her name had been Colleen Rose, some fake agent who had become obsessed with Sean. There was nothing in the article that mentioned anyone seeing Michelle nearby.

    Dexter was mentioned as having helped Christian get to Sean in time. It also said that he immediately left for home, which was Miami, the next night with his wife. Michelle leaned back in her chair. Dexter had taken his bitch azz back home! Good! Chances were though, that he knew good and well that until he knew for sure, that Miguel hadn’t left any damaging evidence that implicated him behind, Mr. Morgan was at a loss over what to do about her.

    Michelle decided not to take any chances. Maybe it was time to sell Serenity and move to other parts. Not that Dexter wouldn’t find her, but maybe she would make it just a bit harder to next time.

    Hopefully there wouldn’t be one. Hopefully Dexter Morgan was grateful that he still had his own life. She was thinking along those lines when she closed her eyes for a small nap...

            MICHELLE’S DREAM

    Michelle looked up and around. There was mist surrounding her and she was wearing some sort of teddy. Oh yes...it was the one that she despised. The one that Miguel had dressed her in after he rescued her from being killed by Dexter.

    Oddly, she wasn’t cold. Michelle peered through the mist and saw she was in a graveyard. Miguel was there, leaning against his own headstone. Michelle walked over to him. He held out his hand to her.

    “I told you not to confront him, my sweet.” he said. Michelle tilted her head.

    “I couldn’t let him get away with what he did! Don’t worry though. He’ll never get the jump on me.”

    Miguel looked at her sadly, then motioned towards a headstone next to his. It read: Michelle Landau.

    “Dexter is coming for you now. Wake up and run.” he urged.

    END OF MICHELLE’S DREAM

    Michelle awoke with a start! Her head had fallen on her desk she jumped up and looked around. She was alone.

    Her cellphone rang and she stared at the Caller I.D..

    Dexter Morgan.

    Michelle picked up.

    “What can I do for you, Dexter?”

    “I feel so empty with one kidney.”

    Michelle smirked.

    “You can live on one. Don’t call here again.”

    “No, you see, I’m going to have to. I need to know if Miguel really left anything for me. He must have either told you something or...”

    “He told me everything, you murdering fuck! Miguel didn’t deserve to die!”

    “I disagree. I’m sure Ellen Wolf would too.”

    “Oh yes. Your code. Look, if anything happens to me, I have instructed my lawyer to retrieve the evidence against you that Miguel did indeed leave me, and have it sent straight to the police. Your precinct. I’m sure your co-workers will be thrilled to know they have been working with yet another psycho.”

    “And if I find this evidence first, then Burt Landau’s murder will be avenged.”

    “I didn’t kill my husband! He was old and sick!”

    “Why do you think that you’re any better than me? You’ve just as well killed people by leaving them with one kidney. I heard about how poor Liz Cruz was barely able to find a donor for a kidney transplant...something she wouldn’t have needed if you hadn’t butchered her.”

    Michelle hung up! There had to be a way to get Miguel’s evidence to the police, without implicating herself. She would think of a way to do that by tomorrow. Michelle stood up, turned off her desk lamp, picked up her purse and walked out of her office and stepped onto an elevator. She was headed to an undercar garage.

    When she reached the floor her car was on, Michelle noted there were still quite a few cars around. She reached her own vehicle, unlocked the driver’s side, got in and slammed the door closed.

    Then she looked over on the passenger seat.

    There was a photo of Dexter...in her office, holding the DVD and cassette! He was back in Miami, wasn’t he?! Michelle began to get out of the car, so she could get to her safe and see if her evidence had indeed been stolen, when Dexter rose up out of the backseat and stabbed her in the neck with a needle.

    The last thing she heard him whisper was, “I want my kidney back. You won’t be needing either of yours.” The drug worked instantly before she could fight or struggle....like it did before, that one night in her house. Michelle figured when she awoke, she would see Miguel again and he would chastise her for not listening to him.

    THE END