Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


    TWO DAYS LATER

    Detective Olivia Benson walked into the Medical Examiner’s office and found Melinda working at her desk. Olivia closed the door causing Melinda to look up.

    “Hey, Olivia. What’s going on?”

    Olivia folded her arms.

    “Fin’s report. It doesn’t quite jibe with yours.”

    “Report?”

    “The one about your time at Oswald State Penitentiary? Melinda, Warden Leo Glynn is PISSED!”

    Melinda put a cap on her pen and stood up.

    “Well, we didn’t inform him of what we were doing. Tim McManus wasn’t too thrilled to find out my name wasn’t ‘Mindy’.”

    “No one told you to go out with him!”

    Melinda peered at Olivia.

    “Just tell me what’s happened?” Melinda asked.

    “No, Melinda, you tell me what happened when Fin was shot.”

    Now Melinda folded her arms.

    “What do you mean?”

    “Melinda, Fin said he was coming to get you so you could both leave Oz for the evening. Something about how you had to do another autopsy or something. He was then waylaid by a prisoner named Chris Keller. After fending him off and getting stabbed for his trouble, he collapsed in the hallway outside of your lab.”

    “That happened, yes. What is it that you don’t understand?” Melinda asked, her tone brimming with irritation.

    “Fin sounded an alarm before he collapsed in that hallway. The guards came running...then the lock down signal went off. And yet, Tim McManus said that you stayed in your locked office.”

    “Olivia, I didn’t have time enough to learn what all of those alarms meant. I didn’t know if someone had escaped...if it was a riot or what. I just thought I would be safer in a locked room by myself...and the body I was working on. That’s all there is to it.”

    Olivia said nothing for a moment but she did give Melinda piercing look, as if she could see through her. She then spoke again.

    “You know that Said is in the hole again.” she told her, watching a look of distress cross Melinda’s face.

    “Why?” Melinda asked.

    “During Fin’s attack, all of the prisoners were put on lock down. Said had either been hiding or God knows what, because it took a while to find him and put him in his pod. Keller is now saying that Said helped him plan the attack on Fin.”

    “That’s not true.” Melinda said in a quiet voice. “If Warden Glynn would just investigate...”

    “He has, Melinda. And all he’s come up with is Keller’s word. Said refused to say anything. That’s why he’s in the hole along with Keller.”

    Now Melinda was angry! Said was covering for her. And Leo Glynn, idiot that he was, was too lazy to do any real investigating. Melinda sighed.

    “I don’t have any choice but to go back to Oz and clear Said.”

    “So you were with him?” Olivia asked.

    “Yes, I was trying to get him to tell me what he knew about A.D.A. Carver. I told him that this was his last chance and that I would not be coming back. He told me he didn’t want me to come back.”

    “Okay...so Said is the reason you didn’t open the door for McManus?”

    “Yes. I didn’t want to get Said in trouble. He surprised me in the lab.”

    Olivia stared at Melinda. Melinda was now unnerved!

    “What is it, Olivia?”

    “Melinda, if he surprised you, then we really don’t know that Said wasn’t part of this whole thing.”

    “I don’t get what you mean?”

    “He was in the area. Keller was in the area. Maybe they knew Fin was coming to get you and they were working together.” Olivia speculated.

    “No, Olivia. I mean come on! That makes no sense! None! Why would Said be working with someone that first of all, is not a Muslim and secondly, I doubt Kareem would’ve had any use for someone like that. Besides, Keller attacked Fin because he made him eat some bread off of the floor or something.”

    “What I’m saying, Melinda, is that maybe Said asked Keller to buy him some time with you. And Keller jumped at the opportunity for payback.”

    “Time with me?”

    Olivia touched her arm.

    “The Oz mailcart...the mail specifically, had semen on it. We know it was Said’s, Melinda...I know you don’t want to remember the incident, but if he forced himself on you then Kareem Said should be charged with more than just arson. He could do extra time.”

    Melinda looked down and exhaled.

    “Wow. The mailcart. I never even thought about that.”

    “What happened was our fault. We should’ve sent a real officer in there...”

    “Kareem didn’t rape me, Olivia.”

    Olivia Benson stared at Melinda for a long while, then found her voice.

    “Uh...I knew you had some unresolved feelings...”

    “Olivia, they grew stronger and stronger with each moment I spent with Kareem in Oz. I know my having sex with him ruins the case. But I can’t let anyone think that he raped me. And he was with me when Fin was stabbed.”

    Olivia frowned.

    “That we’re unsure of. Said isn’t saying nada. Keller is saying they were in it together. The hallways around there are so dark that there are no cameras. We  need to prove that Keller pulled Fin into that storage room, before Kareem came to see you. What we really need to prove is that the two don’t have an alliance.”

    “What about Fin? Can’t he help?”

    “Help how? We need to prove that Keller didn’t try and keep Fin out of Said’s way so that he could have sex with you.”

    Melinda shook her head.

    “So I guess Ron Carver is one more step away from unseating Jack McCoy, hey? No thanks to me.”

    “Not necessarily. Said isn’t going to talk. It was a nice try but it didn’t work out. We’re working another angle. One that’s hush hush.” Olivia answered.

    “So what do I need to do to clear Said?”

    “We need to pay Warden Glynn a visit.” Olivia said solemnly.

                                                         ****

    District Attorney, Jack McCoy was not pleased. A.D.A., Ron Carver was sitting across from him wearing a grin that only a mad clown would wear. He said nothing while Carver spoke.

    “If this slander of my character does not end, Jack, I have already obtained top defense counsel from the NAACP to end it for you.”

    “You’re going to make this a race issue? Ron, Lanelle Ferguson was about to write a story alleging that your name is really Eric Carver and that your brother Ron was killed in a drive-by shooting while wearing YOUR jacket. Instead of admitting to your mother and everyone that knew you  back then, that Ron had died, you assumed his identity and his place in college, then went on to law school as him. I have no problems with the work that you’ve done. But you know as well as I, that if that story had come out, every defense lawyer that had went up against you would have had a field day.”

    “Well she would’ve been sued.” Ron replied calmly. Jack eyed him.

    “But the allegation would’ve still been out there. Look, I just wanted this investigated quietly so that if or when it did come out, we could say there was nothing to it. That the right Carver brother worked for the D.A.’s office.”

    “And now you can, Jack.”

    “No, I can’t. The undercover assignment at Oz got botched. Look, YOU can end this by providing permission to exhume your brother’s body. Otherwise I can go to your mother...”

    Ron stood up!

    “What I’m telling you, Jack, is that if you persist, I’ll go to the papers myself and spin it so that it looks as if you’re trying to run me out of a job.”

    Jack leaned back in his chair.

    “Why would I do that?”

    Ron smiled.

    “It’s no secret that I’m thinking of running for your job, Jack. I have a lot of support. This smear tactic of yours is nothing more than some trumped up nonsense.”

    “Ron, you’ve lost your mind. Really. If Lanelle Ferguson had lived to write that story, I honestly would’ve been more inclined to believe you. But she was murdered and a copy of the story was found in her computer. Plus there are witnesses that put you in a restaurant with her, only a week before. AND she’s supposedly the reason Kendrick Holmes tried to kill Eric Carver. Because ‘Eric’ was sleeping with his girl. There are too many coincidences here. And I think the public will see that too. So spin away, Ron. But you’ll lose.”

    Ron turned and walked out of the office. He didn’t bother closing the door and he did not calm down until he was in the elevator by himself. Goddamn Jack McCoy! He was right. He was right...Ron could not afford a whiff of impropriety if he planned to unseat McCoy.

    He decided he was tired of fearing Kareem Said. He would call Claire and tell her to kill Said.

                                                                     ****

    Claire was not interested in killing Kareem Said! At least not before she fucked him first! Then she would ask one of the other inmates to do it. Like one of the White Supremacists or something. Her face looked sad for a moment. Adibisi would’ve done it for a blow job, of that she was sure.

    Claire whistled, looking around the dark hallway of the hole. She peeked through the window of one cell and saw a naked Chris Keller inside. He gave her the finger and she licked the glass window! She would pay him a visit in the middle of the night...

    When she arrived at Kareem’s cell, Claire saw that he was naked and on the floor praying. Jesus! He suddenly rose and looked towards the door as if he sensed her presence. Claire gave a small wave, eyeing the elephant trunk that served as his cock. She unlocked the door and stepped in, closing it behind her.

    “Hey there, Kareem!”

    Said refrained from rolling his eyes.

    “It’s Minister Said to you.”

    “Uh yeah...sure.  So...how about I let you out of here?”

    Kareem looked her over.

    “And what would I have to do to earn this ‘honor’?”

    “Let me suck your cock.”

    Now Said rolled his eyes!

    “Okay...how about I just fuck you outright?” Claire tried again.

    “Would I have to participate?”

    “What do you mean?” Claire asked.

    “Would I have to move at all?”

    “Well...yeah!”

    “I don’t think so.” Said said, coughing and looking away.

    “Look you muth**f**ker! Who are you to think you’re too good for me?! And it’s the only way you’re going to stay alive ‘Minister Said’! There’s a hit out on you! Now...are you going to fuck me like a good buck or what?”

    Kareem made full eye contact with Claire and smiled. He opened his arms wide.

    “Come here.”

    Claire jumped excitedly into his arms...but not before he spun her around and wedged his arm tightly against her throat...just long enough for her to pass out and drop to the ground! He then began to undress her.

                                                                      ****

    Warden Leo Glynn shook his head. This was a goddamned shame.

    He was listening to more revelations from the woman that he thought was named Mindy West, and Detective Olivia Benson of Manhattan's Special Victim’s Unit. There was a part of him that thought that he should just be happy that the woman that had now revealed herself as Dr. Melinda Warner, had not been sexually assaulted by an inmate in here.

    No, Melinda Warner had not been assaulted. She had FUCKED KAREEM SAID ON PURPOSE!!! Why?! Oh for the love of Jesus, would a woman as FINE as this, fuck some non-stop talking Muslim?! Why? A professional woman such as this...how the HELL did she even know the man?

    But Leo kept his tone level, looking from Melinda to Olivia.

    “Pardon me, but it’s my understanding that you deal with cases that involve rape. This Lanelle Ferguson wasn’t assaulted, was she?”

    “No...but Jack McCoy knew that Melinda here worked closely with us. He wanted us to convince her to come to Oz.”

    “Lovely. And you all don’t have anything better to do?”

    Melinda interrupted.

    “Warden Glynn, I understand how upset you are. You have every right to be. But there is no way that Kareem had anything to do with Fin’s assault.”

    “How would you really know that, Dr. Warner? I mean Said isn’t saying anything. He steals the mail cart that Verne Schillinger usually works on, to sneak off to see you and...”

    “He wanted to know if I was going out with Tim McManus. He did not come to me to...it just happened. I honestly think that if Said had come around a second earlier, he would’ve seen that Fin needed help and assisted him.”

    “Oh, you think so? Well...”

    Glynn was cut off by the loudest alarm Melinda had heard to date! The Warden’s door opened and Murphy rushed in!

    “It’s Said! He’s escaped!”

    “What in the hell are you talking about?! He was in the hole!” Glynn yelled.

    “He must of lured C.O. Howell in there because we found her, naked, wearing his Islamic cap! He must have put on her uniform and took her keys!”

    “Well he couldn’t have gotten far! Put the prisoners on lock down again and let’s do a search. Dr. Warner, Detective Benson, thank you for stopping by.”

    But Melinda put a hand on Leo’s arm.

    “Warden Glynn, please don’t hurt him! If he’s escaped then it has to be for a reason!”

    “Oh yeah, there’s a reason alright, Dr. Warner! It’s called ‘freedom’! Now please leave!” Glynn shouted. Melinda was about to go after him, when Olivia pulled her back.

    “It’s over, Melinda. Said has made his bed now. We can’t use anything he says, now that he’s assaulted another officer and escaped. Let’s get out of here.”

    Melinda wanted to say that she highly doubted that Kareem had ‘assaulted’ C.O. Howell. She wanted to say that if Kareem escaped, then it was because he learned something awful...something that made it worth taking such a chance for. But what?

                                                                   ****

    Melinda and Olivia had taken separate cars to the prison, which Melinda was grateful for. She needed to be alone with her thoughts, as she turned on the radio and listened to any news on Kareem.
    
    The authorities were now sure he had escaped the prison entirely. How?! Had C.O.
Howell’s uniform fit THAT well that he could fool someone into buzzing him outside?

    It was just getting dark as Melinda rounded a corner of the road that seemed deserted. She still had quite a long drive if she wanted to get home before eight tonight.  She went back to thinking about Kareem and what things had been like for them when they were younger, when fingers reached between her seat and the passenger’s side, and turned off the radio!

    Scared shitless, Melinda drove her SUV off of the road, and careened down a hill, slamming into a tree! Stunned, she sat there trying to get her bearings until she heard Kareem’s voice in the darkness, ask if she was alright?

    How this man had known what her car looked like was beyond her. But she would not harbor a fugitive. Even one that she had loved once. Melinda managed to reach over for her purse and pull her cellphone out, but Kareem’s hand snaked around her wrist and forced her to drop it! She then jumped out of the car, or tried to, but Kareem grabbed the back of her hair! Melinda pulled herself free(or either Kareem let her go) and tried to run, but Kareem grabbed the back of her blouse to keep her from running and it ripped!

    Horrified as hell, Melinda began to try and run through an area that she could barely see, that was some kind of thick forest. Even though it had to be a little after five-thirty, it was already dark and there was a light sheen of fog. Melinda ran, unsuccessfully because of her her shoes and managed to get herself caught on some kind of tree branch! What was wrong with her? She came out to crime scenes all of the time in woods much thicker than this, and now she couldn’t even navigate?

    “Mel!” Kareem called out, sounding closer than Melinda had originally thought. She stopped and looked around. There was was another small hill nearby but she did not see a road anywhere.

    “Mel! Mel, get back over here! It’s cold out here!”

    “You should have thought about that before you escaped, Kareem!” Melinda called back behind her and decided that now was the time to look for some kind of road or home or something! If she knew her way around here well, she could double back through the woods and try and see if her car worked. But Melinda couldn’t take the chance of becoming more lost.

    She began to run again, but she got tangled in a myriad of small, thin branches with some kind of prickly things in it! Melinda squeaked loud enough for Kareem to find her through the fog and untangle her from the branches. Instead of thanking him, Melinda shoved against him and tried to run again. Kareem reached out to grab onto her arm and got the latch on the back of her brasierre...ripping it off.

    Melinda could not believe this! There was no way she could get help looking like this! Melinda clawed at Kareem, angry at him for putting her in this situation...something she would not have been in, if he had just told the truth about not being involved with Fin’s stabbing! He always had to be the goddamned martyr, didn’t he? Melinda did not stop running, even though her bra was gone and her blouse was flapping at the waist.

    Kareem caught up with her as she reached the small hill, about to run down it. He wrapped an arm around her waist to stop her, but they both began skiing down that hill, Melinda’s breasts bobbing all the while. The sight of them bouncing was more than Kareem could stand, as he struggled to undo Howell’s uniform!

    Melinda now began to scream at him.

    “DAMN YOU! YOU WOULDN’T TAKE MY HELP IN THAT PRISON AND NOW LOOK WHERE WE ARE!!! LOOK WHERE WE ARE???”

    Kareem silenced her tirade by feasting his lips on hers, while they both continued to slip and slide, while still standing, down a hill that was just slightly muddy. One arm was still locked around Melinda to give her support, while his other hand managed to get the uniform off and down to his knees. Melinda couldn’t stand it anymore and managed to dig her heels into the ground, so that she could stop and help him get his clothes off! His hands moved to yank her skirt down without unzipping it and her underwear was snatched off like an unwanted rag.

    Melinda grabbed the back of Said’s head with one hand, and her other grasped his buttocks as they fell down to the ground on that dark, foggy hill. In the next second, Kareem was thrusting vigorously between Melinda’s widely spread legs. She arched her back in response to his back and forth rhythm. Soon, a searing heat began to flare deep within her recesses and she tingled from head to toe with passion.

    Melinda’s breasts rotated in quick, small circles against Kareem’s chest. Kareem had been unable to think of anything else during his time in the hole, except the thought of being with Mel this way again. Of taking her again in a powerful, erotic way...a violent tremor erupted within him as he filled her with a liquid heat that Melinda felt all the way up into her belly. Their moans, to the casual listener, could only be described as wanton.

    After, Melinda and Kareem laid very still on that hill, her legs now wrapped around his. His cock still deeply embedded within her. They were both trying to catch their respective breath’s as cold reality began to set in. Kareem Said had escaped from Oz and the authorities were looking for him. Melinda had had intimate relations with this man for a second time. She couldn’t think to ask him, at that moment, why he had escaped.

    “I’m going to go and find Kendrick Holmes, Mel. He’s the only person left that can provide proof that Ron is really Eric Carver. Then I’m going to turn myself back in.”

                                                                ****

    Meanwhile, back at Oz, Warden Leo Glynn was about to have a shit fit! The guards had just tossed prisoner 988242, Agamemnon Busmalis’s cell.

    The man had built yet ANOTHER tunnel!

    “I was getting ready to leave tonight,” Busmalis said sheepishly, “when Said kind of came in here quickly, dressed like a guard who’s uniform had shrunk up. Anyway, he insisted on using the tunnel.”

    “Christ! You’re going to solitary!” Glynn yelled, motioning for a guard to remove Busmalis from the cell. He then shook his head. Damn! Well, Said still wouldn’t get far. But he should call everyone that Said might pay a surprise visit to...including Dr. Melinda Warner.