Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing, except the character, Ashley and her friends. In this story, Chance Crawford is still, well, Chance Crawford in the sense that he is still an actor living in New York City with fellow actor and best friend, Ed Westwick. In this story, however, Chance and Ed are a bit younger at the age of 18. It may seem boring at first, but it does get better. Btw, there is some racism in this story. Well, here it goes….


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 It all started on a Saturday morning. I was at my weekly prep class for college. Since my low budget school was performing way below the standard curriculum level, I was forced to take this class if I ever planned to go to college. It was as if our teachers expected us to amount to nothing and fall victim to drugs and drive by that surrounded our community, but like hell was I do that. Anyway, St. Anne’s prep academy was located in NYC and was far away from my suburban high school so I got there via train. It was like school but with only about 20 students too bad I didn’t know any body there. By the way I’m Ashley, and this is the story of how my life changed forever… 

                        I was out on lunch from three grueling hours of listening to the drone of the teachers voice who pronounced all his words VERY slowly like we were dumb. I may not have the latest cell phone or a thousand dollar bag, but I wasn’t stupid. I briskly walked to the nearest starbucks (that are hardly scarce here in the big apple) with my hands stuffed into my jacket pockets helplessly searching for heat in the cold weather. When I walked into starbucks, I noticed that it was almost completely empty except for a really hot guy sipping on a hot beverage and reading in the corner of the store. Fitting denim jeans adorned his long legs that were stretched out and crossed in front of the lounge chair he was currently seated in. He looked oddly familiar; it was as if I had seen him before. On his top half, he wore a fitted long sleeve black t-shirt. I noticed his semi long brown hair and striking sapphire eyes. I knew that if I didn’t look away soon, I’d start to drool and some how find a way to embarrass myself. I quickly scurried to the counter and ordered some regular coffee and a muffin. This was my safest bet since I still didn’t understand how you could have so many different names for coffee. Once I paid and received my coffee and muffin, I took a seat nearby the mysterious and somewhat familiar brunette.    

                     I’m not what you would call stunningly beautiful, but I wasn’t entirely hideous either. I had flowing raven hair that reached my lower back thanks to my mostly Black and Indian heritage. I had glassy dark brown eyes that you could see yourself in. I was average height at about 5’6 and had flat stomach and curves that my best friend Jasmine deemed “to die for”. I was always told that I was pretty by my family but never took it to heart. I was pretty average except for one MAJOR character flaw; I was very self-conscious and very shy and usually wore baggy shits and jeans on almost every occasion. So it wasn’t really a surprise when I that thought I would suffer a major heart attack when Mr. Tall, tan, and handsome got up, and started walking towards me. I was relieved when I saw that he was walking to the trash bin which was behind me. Once he threw his empty coffee cup out, he made his way to the exit and left. I was so caught up with my pending heart attack and watching the handsome young men walk away that I almost forgot about my prep class and that my 30 minute break was coming to a close and I only had 5 minutes to get back!  I rushed out of starbucks, throwing out my half-eaten muffin end empty coffee container. I sped down the sidewalk, barely dodging my fellow pedestrians. I thought I was doing pretty well until I accidentally knocked over the man in front of me sending us both crashing down to the floor. To say the least, it was a very awkward and compromising situation for the man that I bumped into was the cutie from starbucks. Somehow, I ended up on top of him. If I thought he was cute from afar, that he was damn fine up close. I think he suspected something wrong with me because a minute later, after the initial crash to the sidewalk, I was still o top of him staring into his cerulean blue eyes… he was just so warm and comfortable and se- 

“Excuse me, miss”, he said after two minutes and me STILL on top of him.

 “Huh? Oh, Oh! I’m so sorry!” I replied and hurriedly removed myself form him. If I was embarrassed before, than I must’ve wanted to die right now.

“No problem”, he said and flashed me heart-stopping smile. Damn! This man was going to give me some serious heart problems.

I was so caught up in his smile that I almost forgot that if I wasn’t in that prep class in 2 minutes and 29 seconds, my ass would be in some serious trouble.






Chapter End Notes:

Thanks For reading. Trust me, it wil get better.