Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Peyton's a great friend. You'll get to see more in the coming chapters, that she's a ride or die chick on the team for sure! Every one needs one like this! Pics of Nic's dress...Enjoy the read of Ch. 10.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"So you little slut, tell me all about it".

"Peyton!" I exclaimed.

"Well, sorry but it seems that since my hubby is in the gulf, I have to live vicariously through your sex life, Miss Nicole" she taunted.

"I am not telling...good girls never do." I returned.

"Well, you are indeed a good girl. I am so happy for you both. You deserve it after everything you have been through." 

"Yeah, I never thought that I could feel this way. I have to admit that all of this sex he is putting on me is overwhelming" I admitted.

"You are in love" she announced.

"I feel so comfortable with him and we have such a good time together. But I haven't met his parents" I said.

"Well, has he met Mama Mendes?" 

"No. But that's different."

"How?"

"Well, it's not different. I mean...guys are always meeting my mother. I am not sure I am ready to introduce him. I want to meet his parents first. Mamá would adore him. For once, I would like to meet the guy's parents first." I argued.

"Why is that? I mean you are worried that he has not let you meet his parents. Is that fair?" she protested. "So when are you going to let me give him the once over?"

"Neil and Celeste are getting married next month. You should come and be my unofficial date. That way you can meet everyone. He has some cool friends. Now you have to watch out for Greg. That's his 'boy'. He is a huge flirt. But he's a nice." 

"I am married", said Peyton. "And I thought you and Brian would be going together?" she continued.

"I know. I am not trying to steamroll Joel. But I need you as my date for that wedding. Brian is in the party and will be hanging out to support Neil and Co. And that leaves me without anyone to talk to." I said.

"No problem girl, you know I have your back. What are you going to wear? You know what, never mind. We are going to find you a killer dress. If Brian doesn't throw a fit over the men pawing at you, then we'll return it" she carefully noted.

I wasn't trying to outshine the bride, although Celeste was quite a bitch towards me on the mountains. I didn't want to look as if Brian and I weren't together, so Peyton helped me choose a color to coordinate with the bridesmaids. As you know Liz was Celeste best friend, and thus her maid of honor and that left Brian as the best man. I didn't want to elaborate too much to Peyton about the specifics of the ski trip or Liz. I wanted her to meet the group and then give me her objective opinion about them. 

The colors of the wedding were cream and black. I decided to go with a black dress. It wasn't easy. I fancied a jersey dress or Venetian lace. Peyton said that one wasn't formal enough and other made me look matronly. Finally we settled on a fuchsia satin sweetheart cocktail dress. It detracted a little from my original desire for black or cream. But Peyton suggested that since I wasn't in the party, I shouldn't look like I was, but at the same time be a screaming distraction for Brian.

---

Peyton got a call at the last minute from Joel which left me alone to fend for myself for a few minutes longer than I intended. I felt as nervous as a hooker in church, but still felt sexy as ever. I knew that Brian's parents might be there but I wasn't sure. The wedding was beautiful. Of course Liz was escorted by Brian, which didn't bother me one bit. The moment he saw me outside the church our eyes met. Greg of course left the party to come drool all over my shoulder when he hugged me. Liz was a tart as usual. Kym was gracious as ever and invited me for a lunch date. Celeste was caught up in the bliss. This was her special day. And she was a beautiful bride. 

After the wedding party took photos outside the church we all met up at the reception hall, Roma's of Bloomfield. It was the most beautiful thing you ever saw. I gave the hostess my name.

"Nicole Mendez & Guest, you are seated at table seven."

"Where the hell was Peyton?" I cried. And then I receive a text that she was lost and needed directions. I was feeling that awkward feeling, which was why I needed Peyton there. I was sure I would kill her if she didn't walk in that door soon.

A loud applause filled the air, and the coordinator announced that the bride and groom were on their way. I didn't expect them to be on time. The wedding party's never arrive to the reception on time. So while I waited for Peyton and the guests of honor I went to the appetizer buffet that had cheeses, crackers, deli meats, fruits, veggies, and petits fours, and stopped by the punch fountain. There was an open bar serving cocktails, but I wasn't feeling that, however I didn't want orange-pineapple punch. So I went to the bar for a ginger ale. The line wasn't very long.

"Do you need any help, can I take something for you?" a handsome middle-aged gentleman asked. 

"Thank you so much." I replied.

"Where are you sitting?" he asked.

"At table seven."

"OK, I will help you get seated. So, are you friends or family of the bride or the groom?"

"I guess you could say I am an acquaintance of both."

"Well, here we are...table seven. Enjoy."

"Thank you, again." Wow. That was a nice man, I thought. I really didn't know any one there, just a few familiar faces in the crowd, some university folks, likely friends of the party. That was my reason for summoning Peyton to join me. 

Nicole's Dress front

NICOLE'S DRESS FRONT

 

Nicole's Dress rear

NICOLE'S DRESS REAR 






Chapter End Notes:

Next one on the way! Say...even the best pilots need a wing man!Wink