Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So that's a handsome and gallant guy...welcome to the next chapter.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


"You started eating without me?"

"P, I needed something to do. I was getting bored waiting for you to get here. But I am glad you are here, finally."

"H mm, are those the appetizers?" she asked. "I can just bet that the main courses are going to rock."

"Go get your own. You are not going to eat up my delicacies and then I have to make another trip to the buffet line como una puerca." (like a pig)

"Would you like to dance?" spoke the voice of that distinguished gentleman who helped me to the table a little earlier.

"Do you think your wife would mind?" I asked.

"My wife sprained her ankle, and she's in a cast. She wouldn't mind."

"Ok, I guess, if it's ok with her. Excuse me Peyton."

What a graceful man. Very light on his feet, and then the announcement came. 

"The bridal party is pulling in to the drive" the coordinator announced. 

My dance partner asked me my name, kissed my hand,and thanked me for the dance. We clapped for the entry of the party. "Thank, you John" I obliged.

We went back to our tables. I signaled to Brian who found me in the crowd. In a short while the bride and groom, Celeste and Neil, were strolling around greeting their guests. An announcement for dinner was made. But the only thing I was looking forward to was a dance with Brian. I knew he would be yanked from one end of the hall to the other taking pictures. And then Liz was giggling like a silly school girl. 

"Hi, sweetie" and he planted a soft sexy kiss on my cheek. 

"Hey hun. Oh, Brian, this is my friend Peyton."

"Hi Peyton. It's good to finally meet you. Save me a dance, babe?"

"Of course!"

"I am holding you to it. I can't seem to find my parents. I can't wait for them to meet you." He ended, and was soon back, in front of cameras and flashes. Everyone looked gorgeous still, but a little more relaxed. Ties were undone, slippers replaced sling backs, and the little flower girls without their baskets were now bouncing around kissing the ring bearer.

"He seems like a really great guy." Peyton said.

"He is." I returned.

"Well it sure seems that dress called him from across the room, and that older guy pawing you, what was up with that?"

"There is nothing wrong with dancing Peyton. I am sure Liz will be pawing over Brian when he gives her that traditional sympathy dance required of the best man and maid of honor." And soon the bride and groom were called to the dance floor for the traditional festivities. Celeste danced with her dad to Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle. Neil cut in. And then the entire party joined in. A Whole New World was the bride and grooms theme song which the deejay mixed it up with Every Time I Close My Eyes, by Babyface. And right on key, Liz was blushing and beaming eating it up for all it was worth. She would have her moment. And then the rest of Brian's dances were mine.

"I sure wish this was Brian's and Liz's day" I heard a voice say. I turned around, and found that voice. It belonged to an attractive middle-aged woman, with dark hair and hazel eyes. Of course my heart was tearing it's way from my chest. "Did I hear that right?" I asked myself. 

"What did she say?" asked Peyton.

"You heard it right." I returned.

"Hey, sweetie. You look gorgeous. I am going to have to kidnap you...Hey Mom, Dad" It was my gentleman caller and the Liz cheer leader. They were Brian's parents. "Wow, you two have been sitting next to each other all night. Mom, Dad, this is Nicole Mendes. Nicole, this is my mom Vanessa, and my dad John."

"Hello, who is she Brian?" his mom asked.

"Well, she is a very special friend." 

"Ah, well it's nice to meet you, Nicole."

"Yes, Nicole was gracious enough to dance with me." His dad said.

"Oh really, well dad, you have your date, this one is mine...Mom, how is your ankle?"

"It's much better. Liz took me to the market last week. She's such a sweet heart. I..."

"...yeah, well Mom, Dad, if you don't mind, I am going to steal this beautiful lady away for a dance." Brian quickly interrupted her sonnets of praise on Liz. Typical mother! She would have to make room for me, because I wasn't planning on dropping out of Brian's sight.

I couldn't help but chuckle. There was Vanessa, his mom trying hard to stick her one good foot into her mouth, again. I must say, she is akin to Liz. No wonder she was singing her praises. They come from the same cloth. I didn't care. I was glad to meet his parents in an informal way. There would be no pressure for pretenses. Brian introduced me as a special friend. And I was ok with that. We were getting there slowly, growing closer everyday. 

Brian pulled me close on the dance floor for a slow ballroom set after the line dance rounds concluded. 

"I apologize for my mother." He whispered.

"You don't need too. I realize she's a fan of Liz."

"Well, she can be Liz's friend all she wants. But my dad get's no more dances from you." And he quickly dipped me before I could respond. I felt eyes upon us. I felt s.exy, adored, and envied. I was dancing with the hunkiest guy in the entire hall. And I didn't care about his mother. His dad seemed to like me and that was enough.

"Best Man's Toast"

Brian was called to the podium:

"Neil and I have been friends since grade school. We had a lot of fun over the years. I think he is a guy that rises to just about any challenge. Celeste included. I love you both. May your life together be long and joyous, but not so happy that you forget your best friend (me)!" Loud applauses and champagne toasts commenced, at the conclusion of several toasts.

"Maid of Honor Toast"

Liz was called to the podium:

"May you both live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live. I love you both."

As large as their party was, it's a good thing they reserved the toasting to the couple to just the best man and maid of honor or else we would have all needed cabs.

At the end of the evening as Neil and Celeste received their final toast, the limo driver whisked them away to their honeymoon destination. Brian walked me to the car. I could here Liz asking Vanessa if she needed anything for the pain. "Drama queen" I thought.

"Call me when you get home, babe." Brian asked and kissed me on the cheek. Peyton was waiting to trail me home.

"Ok. I will." 

Brian's Parents

JOHN and VANESSA SANTI 






Chapter End Notes:
I love weddings...especially the toasts, the favors, the fun...Next up soon~