Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I decided to write the epilogue before I needled around the idea of a sequel. My readers at TST encouraged the sequel. I was having such a good time writing Brian and Nicole that I couldn't resist.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Brian's best efforts were not going to keep me strapped to that recliner. I was going to finish the semester right along with him. I compromised on the part time job. He had been conflicted over accepting the General Manager position at the dealership, but when his dad became ill with the stroke he accepted the offer. The position paid nearly two and half times what an intern teacher was paid, which is why he suggested that I take as much time as I wanted with the babies after delivery.

Brian closed his lease out early, and moved into the loft with me. It was big enough for us both and for the babies. Although we never intended it to be a permanent home, we took advantage of the time we got to spend together but started looking for sites to build a new home. Nothing quick, we took our time. Ground would break in spring and by fall we could start moving in.

Well needless to say, we still don't know the sex of the other baby and I am one month to the delivery. The doctor expected to take them at thirty-three weeks. But since I am doing so well he expects that I should make it to at least to thirty-seven. 

Brian announced his impending fatherhood shortly after the first ultrasound to his mother and friends. And let everyone know that his family of ‘me and the babies' were priority one. I still don't trust Celeste as far as I can throw her. Kym has been very supportive along with the babies' self-appointed godmother Peyton. As for Mrs. Santi, well she hasn't come around yet. And personally I don't expect her to. Mi mamá said that babies have a unique way of thawing cold hearts and that I may just learn to understand her when my son or sons arrive!

As for Liz, Brian made her apologize for the nonsense she hatched. She insists that she meant no harm. It's not milk and honey, it's not salt and vinegar. I still don't want her around me. But enemies must be kept at a safe distance. 

The one person I was hoping would see the babies and be able to hold them was Mr. Santi. He has made a miraculous recovery from the heart attack and stroke. He is still in rehab for the injuries as a result of the hypoxia. The most wonderful thing is that he smiles when I visit him. Now that I have gotten so big, I haven't been able to work. So between the final classes, the impending holidays, and Brian's fussing over me, I still get to the Nursing Care center at least twice a week to see Mr. Santi. 

Brian and I have decided to name our son John after his dad if it's just one boy. If it's two boys both of their middle names will be John so that each one of them get the blessing of his spirit upon them. If it's girl, it definitely won't be Vanessa, and I don't care what Brian says.


The end.





Chapter End Notes:
More to come...stay tuned. The sequel to this is "Baby of Mine" I hope you check it out! Thanks again for support!