Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's Chapter 3...moving along!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The bungalows were really nice and very well decorated in a traditional theme with lots of logs. The fresh smells of pine settled in the air. The 16 bungalows, like villas, were comprised of humongous suites that contained any where from 2-4 smaller en suites. In each en suite was a smaller bathroom. Brian's family had a time share that he was using for his bungalow. Without any pretentiousness, he offered me my own en suite, while he took one for himself. The third en suite was for Neil and Celeste. Neil was a sweetie, but Celeste was Liz's home girl, so I wasn't expecting us to get matching pedicures. 

I had the impression that Liz's arrival was not planned, and yet it seemed that it was expected by tradition, that she and Brian cajoled at least once before with the group for this vacation. Brian didn't explain the specifics of their traditions, but I watched Liz's body language. She supposedly had moved on, whatever that was. And this was reinforced by Greg. Nonetheless, that wasn't the energy she was displaying. This bitch was territorial.

"Can I show you to your suite beautiful?" Greg asked.

"Man, I have told you..." Brian repeated.

"Don't you have something else to do?" Greg uttered back to Brian.

This was the norm and Greg wasn't letting up. I told him no thanks, and I would get there just fine. Brian and Greg exchanged warnings and a few punches. 

"I will see you guys later. Nicole, are you ready?" Brian reached for my hand, and I stood up. He led me out the doors, down the cobblestone walk to his bungalow. I was finally alone with him and I needed to make good of the opportunity.

"So, you didn't mention that Liz would be here. Were you surprised?"

"It wasn't my intention to ask her because I wanted to be here with you. She knew I would be coming, but I didn't feel the need to inform her of my companions. I wasn't going to interfere with the routine of the vacation if she wanted to come. We all used to come up here, so all of us guys are kind of used to being together."

"H mm, well it just seems kind of weird being here with her and you, with this ‘group'. It seems like a family. And I feel like an outsider; a fifth wheel." I stated.

Brian slowed his paces and turned to face me. He was a nearly a foot taller than me. So that our eyes could meet he reached his hand towards my face and lifted my chin. My brown eyes were now showing some concern as they searched for reassurance within his hazel eyes.

"I don't want this to be weird for you." He said. "I invited you because I wanted to be with you. As unpredictable as these guys can be, I wanted you to meet them. I wasn't even sure Liz would come. Last I checked she was on business or something. But I promise you that she never factored into my decision to bring you. Nicole, I would never do anything to hurt you. She won't be here for the duration since she has to fly back on Monday for work. But, if this, in anyway makes you feel uncomfortable, we can go, if you want, or we can divert the group and do our own thing."

"No, no. That's not necessary." I said, touching his hand. A warm sensation radiated from the moment he his hand touched my face which extended to his finger tips. Our eyes locked for seconds but seemed like minutes, even hours. I thought he was going to kiss me. And he did. He gave me the most passionate forehead kiss, which made my center charged. "I am sure that I am mature enough to get through a few days, I guess". I managed to shake the thought of this from my head. It wasn't going to get another second of my attention.    





Chapter End Notes:
Ok...so Nicole has met "la familia" of Brian. And is really taking the bull by the horns.  She's going for diplomat here. No parameters are set.  Both Nic/Brian are feeling their way around each other. Thanks for reading!