Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Introducing the drunk...


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


After Brian showed me to my personal en suite, nothing but a hot bath would console my aching butt and thighs. Dinner was set for the early evening and I wanted to be on time.

I put my MP3 player on my ears and listened to Anita Bakers Rhythm of Love playlist, gathered my toiletries and put them into my private bath. I lit my candles and lowered myself into the salted warm bath. The pulsating jets soothed my aching loins. I had guessed that by the time Anita's last song was finished, my bath would over.

Moments later, I could hear a knock on my suite door. "I'll be right out", I answered.

"I just didn't want you to turn into a raisin in there. I am sorry for startling you." Brian apologized for interrupting my serenity.

I dried off, smoothed my skin with lotion, sprayed on some body mist, and put on my robe. After fixing my hair, I was quickly dressed in cream leggings and matching sweater, and waiting in the main suite where the kitchen was. The hot bath with freesia salts had left me thirsty for a drink of water. 

"Hungry?" Brian asked.

I turned around to see the face that matched the voice. He was looking rather hot in his cable knit sweater and khaki's. 

"H mm...I am starved."

I would have been ok with ordering in, but this evening I really wanted Brian to have dinner in the main dining with the crew. I was reticent about it, but I was determined to make the effort of getting to know all of his friends. 

He reached for my hand and held it as we took the short walk out to the main lobby. It was quite comforting to hold his hand. It kept our paces in line with each others. But it also made me feel closer to him. It felt nice.

We all sat by the fire and waited for our table to be called. It wasn't very long after we arrived. Everyone was there waiting except Greg and Liz. I didn't really care where Liz was bunking as long as she wasn't in Brian's bungalow. Neil and Celeste had already left ahead of us and were waiting with the others. 

---

"So why are you guys so late?" asked Greg.

"Man, you just got here yourself." Brian scoffed.

"No, I was here before all of you. Of course I had to pull out a few chairs, help a few ladies down from their stools; you know how I do it." Greg sneered. 

"Hi guys, our table is ready" spoke JT. He and Kym lead the group of us to our table, followed by our greeter. Liz was already at the table being charmed by a cute little baby girl whose parents were seated next to ours.

"Oh she is adorable!" I said. Celeste who was best friends with Liz hardly said more than a few words to me. Kym was very chatty and made a conscience effort to get to know me. We were talking about everything from school to where I was planning on teaching. She was genuine; trying to make everyone feel comfortable. She continued to engage in conversation while JT left a message with someone on his phone.

We had our own personal waiter who took very good care of us. Brian had called ahead earlier and requested peach cobbler for me. We had a choice of chicken or beef. I had the roasted chicken with cheesy squash and new potatoes. Brian had the porterhouse, baked potato and green beans. The food was simply delicious. 

After looking over the night's itinerary, everyone decided to go to the piano bar, to the disco, and then make it up as they went from there. I was tired, sore, and full. All I could do was the piano bar, but just barely. I knew for sure there would be no faking it for me. So, after the group sang along with the maestro, I excused myself. Brian asked if I wanted him to stay in with me, but I thought he should spend the time with the guys. The other ladies were turning in early too for their spa day the next morning. Greg of course offered to walk me back to the bungalow. Brian kidded around, but you could tell he didn't trust him so he escorted me back himself. 

"I am sorry for being a party pooper." I spoke apologetically.

"Don't worry about it babe. I am going to have a few drinks with the guys and I will be home shortly," Brian returned.

I thought, "Home?" while undressing. I smiled and climbed into bed. I laid there for a few moments and suddenly I couldn't sleep. I reached for my MP3 player, but it needed to be charged. I checked my messages on the cell phone, then went out into the main suite. Celeste was coming into the room. She never said much to me for some reason she had a lot to say. It was likely the Apple Martini's that had loosened her up.

"Heya!"

"Hi" I replied.

"Couldn't sleep huh?" she asked.

"I was so tired at first and now too restless to sleep, I guess."

"Hmmp. I, I ner how thaat is." Her words were slurring. "Well, jess so yer know...I left the ‘broths...buttas...brothers' in the casino, mmm, k?"

"Ok. I am not worried." I wasn't about to engage her in conversation. My head nearly exploded waiting for her to form a few coherent words.

"Didd aye say ya werz, wuz? I am juss sayin'."

I grabbed a few snacks from the cupboard and came to sit before the t.v." I was about to put on Scarface when Celeste started up again.

"So, yer Brian's...fran, friend?" 

"Yes" I answered. 

"Humph...I sher miss us yer know, together. Brian and Liz"

"Oh...?"

"I don't get it. Thurrs two...wer like...pppaper and glue at Ferdson, Fordson. No one thought, I would hang in thurr with Neil...But he got his act together and now...now, wer going to be getting muh-reed...next spring."

"Congratulations" I offered Celeste. "Why are there so many credits to this movie...did they sneak some in?" I thought to myself.

"Thanks," she blurted out. "I guess yer know Liz...is my besssssssssst frayand...So you candunderstand what, why I want her to be happy? Nothin but the best for her, I want."

"Well, isn't she happy and enjoying the best?"

"Liz is a set wetter, jet wetter, hmm...set jetter, I mean jet...setter. She wants the career, and to leave...I dunno...her career is fers toer. Nuthin wrong...with that...she just wants to wait,..and wait...tuh be ready...finan...financially!"

"There is nothing wrong with that." I replied. "Damn, I love Tony Montana. He's cubano like me" I thought to myself.

"But see, Liz is so gonna find loneliness there...She's going to regret want it with Brian...I dunwanna...see her...to see her make a mistake she will hate herself for, someday...ya know."

"Yeah...I understand." No the hell I didn't. I wished she would just go to sleep.Scarface is one of my favorite movies, and I don't like talking during it no matter how many times I have seen it. I tried to ignore her hoping she would get the message and pass out or something...just go away. 

"No yuh don't. If yuh understood...yuh wouldn't be all up in herre."

"What?" Yep. There I was trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents...you can't reason with a drunk.

"Look, I know you..you herrre with Brian and...eesa a guhd guy../tha bess...un...I kin seeya...ya lik em. I lik you, Neecole? Issit? So ima tellyou...you...Liz...she...erman back...she wans awl she hassa do is say-ut...annahe whudda be rye-uttherre heatin' it up wuther ahgin...soyah dun git it wist...twist-ed."

There's nothing worse than a drunken bitch.    





Chapter End Notes:

I have to give it to Nic, she's being a real trooper, outsider and all. Trying to hide her growing attraction, while maintaining a safe distance from the 'delta force'. Thanks for reading!