Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter 5 has arrived! LOL! Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy :)


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


One can usually count on the liquid courage to dispense the truth. And Celeste was giving me her interpretation of ‘Liz and Brian'. It made me uncomfortable hearing her go on and on about them. I had just begun to put my mind at ease after such a long and uncomfortable day. And now here she was scratching at the sore. "So Liz is the one who is calling the shots here?" I said to myself. Instead of watching the movie, I was hosting a drunken bitch rant and it was getting to be too much to stomach; that and her foul breath. I got up from my seat and quickly got dressed. 

I needed some air.

I walked down to the entertainment court, and who did I see, but Greg of course. I didn't want him to see me, so I eased onto the hallway before he noticed me. The gallery was closed for business but was open for viewing. I went inside. After looking at a few paintings I sat down on the bench near the atrium. My emotions were racing. I wasn't feeling the ground beneath me anymore. I suddenly was questioning everything and wanted to leave at that moment. This wasn't a good idea to come here. I knew I should have followed my mind. Better yet, I was offered to bail this ship, but no, I had to be the gracious one. I'll be dammed!

"H mm..." I pulled out my cell and called Peyton. "Hey girl, it's me. I just needed to talk for a few. I know you are asleep. So if you get this message call me ok. Love You!"

"You don't have to call me, I am here" a voice asked.

I looked up and it was Greg. His words caught me off guard. I laughed.

"Hi, and no I wasn't calling you Greg."

"Hey, everything ok?"

"Shouldn't they be ok? Why do you ask?" I replied.

"I'm just asking. I know how you women are. Ladies can be so hard on each other. And when I saw you, that look, all I could think about was how Brian described you. Hell, I wanted you for myself."

I blushed. It was clear Brian had been discussing me.

"Look, Brian and I are boys." He continued. "We go back a long way. I love him; he is my brother for life. But I don't think I have ever seen him so relaxed. And that has to be saying something about how special you are. So don't let Liz's jealousy get to you. I don't know you that well, but well enough to see that I would be lucky to have you for myself. So trust me when I tell you that Brian is off the market."

"I know, but..."

"Let me restate it for you. He wants to be with you, not Liz. And it's because he wants to be. Liz isn't controlling anything like she thinks. She's cool. I like her. But she needs to find her own way. Brian needs to be happy. I like seeing him happy for a change. So you, Sweet Lady, just keep being you. And don't worry about Liz. This friendship thing has been going on for years. It's like family. We are all like family. But families change. People leave it and it grows. And ours is open for new members."

"Thanks, Greg." I said and offered him a hug. He was bringing calm to a very rigid condition.

"No problem." He spoke gently.

---

After walking me back to the bungalow, we hugged again and bid each other a goodnight. I was way past ready to go to sleep. I went inside. I was hoping Celeste was in bed. Much to my dismay, it was Brian sitting in front of the television. Neil had obviously put his fiancée to bed. 

"Couldn't sleep?" he asked.

"No...restless, and I needed to take a walk."

"So did you have a good walk?"

"Yes. I did. I needed to think and it helped stretch out my sore muscles." I said.

"Yeah, I saw Greg walking you back. You two looked cozy there."

"Brian, it wasn't like that. I ran into him at the art gallery and he was kind enough to make sure I got in safely." 

Brian was really leveling for a fight. And why I wondered. I wasn't sure if he was jealous, displacing his discomfort with Liz's presence, or what. He wasn't himself for sure. Since he obviously had either ignored or just didn't hear what I said, I resigned to sit for a few a minutes before turning in. 

He kept his eyes on the television, talking at me instead of to me. I could tell he was annoyed and a bit miffed. But I wasn't in the mood to argue with him over this nonsense. It was late, and I was tired. This could definitely wait until morning as far as I was concerned. I got up from the chair and was headed towards my suite.

"Look, I'm tired, I'm..." I said. My eyes were sore and still stinging. I needed to sleep this emotion-filled day away. But Brian wasn't having that.    





Chapter End Notes:
What's up with Brian? Has he caught a vapor? Is he jealous? Read on to see what's the skinny with the cleft chin, dimply cheeked dude, with the great eyes!