Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
At the end of the original Romeo Must Die, Han discovered that his father Ch'u and his childhood friend, Kai were the ones responsible for the death of his brother Po. He returned to his father's mansion, confronts Kai and a fierce battle of the deadly art ensues.

When it is over, two men are dead: Kai by a lethal kick that shatters his spine and Ch'u by a cowardice suicide.



Author's Chapter Notes:

Special Notes: by J. Gordon Melton, Encyclopedia of the Undead

The chiang-shih is the Chinese version of the vampire. In Chinese belief, each person has two souls, a superior or rational soul and an inferior irrational soul. The superior soul could leave a sleeping body and appear as the bodies double as it roamed about. It could also possess and speak through the body of another. However, if something would happen to the disembodied soul during its journey, its body would suffer. 

The inferior soul, on the other hand, was called p'ai or p'o and was that which inhabited the body of a fetus during pregnancy and often lingered in the bodies of the dead. It was thought to preserve the corpse. If the p'ai was strong enough, it could preserve and inhabit a corpse for a length of time, using the body to serve its needs. The body animated by the p'ai was called a chiang-shih.

Usually chiang-shih were created after a particularly violent death, such as a suicide, hanging, drowning, or smothering. It could also be a result of an improper burial, as it was thought that the dead would become restless if their burial was postponed after their death. The chiang-shih were not known to rise from the grave, so their transformation had to take place prior to burial.

***

The MUSIC that INSPIRED the STORY

Click the ICON




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


THE CAST:

PERRI REED

PERRI "P" REED

 

DESIRE' 'D' Washington

DESIRÉ  "D" WASHINGTON

 

Han Sing

HAN SING

 

bradley oday

BRADLEY O'DAY

 

ISAAK ODAY

ISAAK O'DAY

 

SUNDIATA

SUNDIATA M'TUME

 

PATRICK FRAZIER

PATRICK FRAZIER

 

LING AND MING AKA TWINZ

LING & MING aka twinz

 

Kai aka Craven

CRAVEN/Kai