Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This poem was written by my close friend and sometimes writing partner Dylan Vaughn. Dylan read Rain Drops and then penned Even. After reading her work, I thought how amazing it was how differently we saw the potential that rain had and I wanted to put this work up to encourage other people to show me what rain means to them as well.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


I woke to the rain. Breathing heavy and sweating from the terror of my dreams, I was startled by the warning shot. Realizing I was at home, the burning dulled. Crashing waves and drumming on the roof lulled me back to sleep. Instead of my usual nightmare, I am surrounded in a hot spring. Who's bubbles kiss my skin and hold me like a warm blanket. I can see the storm in the distance. Its fierce winds and lion roar through the trees. Lighting stabs though the darkness and lights up all the unknown. Most would be scared but in its light no enemy can hide. Mother Nature has no sympathy for those that cross her yet renew and nourish those that have followed her. In the end the pain is washed away. The spirits are awakened and a new fresh beginning clenches to the sun. Light touches the earth and shows the disaster that is left from the war. Serving its reminder that as beautiful as the world seems, it always gets even.





Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to Ms. Dylan for letting me put this piece up.