Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
One Life to Live and ABC Daytime own the main characters.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Todd,” Vickie’s voice rang out.
“Hey sis, what’s up? Still licking your Clint wounds? Dating drunk doctors?” Todd said, while smirking quietly to himself.
“Todd, I’ve got something to tell you.”
“Well what?” Todd asked impatiently. He finally had a real lead on his son and he was preparing to go check it out without Blair’s interference. Every since Blair had slinked her way on to the plane, the trip had been disastrous. “Jeez, Blair never lets up. Why couldn’t Blair have understood the way Evangeline did? Well hell, that’s like asking why does Blair sleep with any man who looks twice at her. It would be too damn much like right.” Todd thought to himself. That’s why he had staged his disappearance to shake her off…
“Todd.” Vickie said again, interrupting his thought patterns.
“What, Vickie, what?”
“Todd, I don’t know how to tell you this.”
“Tell me what Vickie? Todd interrupted. “Spit it out! Are the kids okay? Starr has been staying away from Cole right? I was serious you know. If Cole comes near her he’s dead and I mean for re…”
“WILL YOU BE QUIET TODD?” Vickie exclaimed uncharacteristically. Todd was slightly taken aback by her tone. “I guess Clint dropping her made her forget decorum.” Todd thought to himself. Vicki continued, “Evangeline was in an accident.”
“What?” Todd asks in disbelief.
“Evangeline’s apartment building caught on fire. They think it may have been the arsonist, but no one is for sure.” Todd felt as if a large weight was just thrown into his chest, all of the air sucked out of his lungs. “Todd, are you there?” Todd’s voice was trembling, barely above a whisper as he had trouble forming the words, “How…how bad is she…is she…hurt?” Vickie paused, “Todd…Todd Evangeline is in a coma. It doesn’t look good. Her vitals are critical but stable. Michael doesn’t think that she’ll wake up.” Todd dropped the phone, hanging up on Vickie in the process. “Dear God, NO!!!” He yelled. Evangeline, his dearest friend was in a coma. Todd was having trouble forming thought processes. He began tearing his hotel room apart wallowing in his own self pity. “This is my fault! I should’ve brought her. I could’ve protected her here. I…could’ve…” He felt the grief wash over him like a tidal wave and he felt the warm steady trickle of tears down his cheeks. “EVANGELINE!!” He cried out. Todd fell to the floor, his heavy load, too much to bear. His chest was hurting. He felt a low guttural pain. “What will I do without her?” He surmised aloud. “What am I thinking, I’ve got to get the hell out of here!! I’ve got to go to her! She needs me!”