Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Foxy Roxy’s Hair Haven

Yvonne was sitting in one of the salon chairs admiring her nails as the blonde beautician worked her magic on her feet. She had gotten a deep conditioning and basic style for her hair, a massage, manicure, and now she was working on her pedicure.

On the drive over Evangeline had informed her about the owner and history of the shop. Yvonne hadn’t seen Roxy since she had been there, and she had to admit she was a little disappointed. She wanted to see the mother of the woman who stole her cousin’s boyfriend. Evangeline made her promise if Natalie was to show up not to start anything, but Yvonne already had plans of her own. Roxy or Natalie wouldn’t know her true identity until she was ready.

Five minutes later she looked up when she heard two different woman voices. One was an older blonde woman with a bad hair piece and the other was a younger red head a bit on the chubby side. Tired of reading the Vogue and Sophisticated Hairstyle Guide magazine, she decided to admire her manicure. She had asked for a Jet, Ebony, or Essence magazine, but the young blond simple stared at her clueless.

“Roxy, I can’t believe how messed up my life is because of Evangeline Williamson.” Yvonne’s ears opened up when the red head said her cousin’s name. She watched as Natalie followed the blonde into the room she was occupying. “I mean what is it about her.”

Natalie sat in the vacant seat behind Yvonne. “Roxy, I just want a manicure today.” She sighed then continued to rant. “I mean. When John and I first hooked up, he had this great phobia of a relationship, but as soon as he get with the attorney Barbie version, he was so ready.”

“Well, Nattie, I told you John and Van-ga-line use to rock the house.” Roxy squeaked then laughed. “I mean, you could always tell when she spent the night with McBain…He was whipped.”

“Roxy, you aren’t helping.” Natalie rolled her eyes. “I am so lost. John is still in love with her. Cristian is…”

“Hold up.” Roxy interrupted starting on her nails. “How do you know Johnny boy is still in love with her?”

Natalie sighed then glanced over her shoulder. She didn’t know the customer behind her, so she was sure she didn’t know John or Evangeline. And, the blonde beautician was use to hearing her and Roxy talk. “Okay. While he was sleeping, John called out Evangeline’s name.”

“Wow.” Roxy said as she filed her daughter’s nails. “McBainy dreaming about the chick right next to you? Not good Nattie.”

“That wasn’t the worst part Roxy. I found all these memorabilia of their relationship under our bed.” Natalie’s face showed her dismay. “I couldn’t believe he’s been making love to me while he hide memories of her under our bed.”

“Like I said before Johnny isn’t going to change his stripes.” Roxy informed. “Something missing in that elevator.”

“I don’t need to hear I told you so Roxy.” Natalie smacked her lips and continued. “Well, I decided I could forgive him after I found the memorabilia, because he had tangible memories of Caitlin when I met him.”

Roxy looked at her daughter as if she had a third head.

“Don’t look at me like that. I know if I would have asked John to throw those things away he would have.” Natalie tried to convince herself. “Anyway, I found this journal.”

“McBain keeps a journal. Hmm, he doesn’t seem like the type.”

“Roxs, do you want to hear this or not?” Natalie snapped becoming very frustrated with the woman she thought was her birth mother growing up.

“Yeah, I was just saying Johnny doesn’t seem like the type of dude that would keep a journal.”

“Well, I was surprised too…even more surprised to find out that he still was in love with Evangeline from his entries.” Natalie rolled her eyes. “You should have read the way he talked about her like she was some queen or something. God’s gift to this world.”

“Well, you two worked things out right because he’s moving to AC with you.” Roxy laughed. “And, Evan-ge-line will be here in Llanview.”

“John isn’t moving to Atlantic City with me.” Natalie frowned.

“He gave his thirty day notice.” Roxy informed. “I told him he didn’t have to worry about paying me for the whole thirty days because I figured you two would need the money for deposits and stuff.”

“Roxy, I don’t know where John is moving to.” Natalie wondered. “But, he’s not going with me. I’m not even sure if I am.”

“What? Why? What about the job you were offered?” Roxy started on her other hand.

Natalie smiled then licked her lips. “I went to see Cristian and I think…Cris still has feelings for me… something is still there.”

“Oh, Natalie…I don’t think you want to go that route.” Roxy shook her head as she tried to warn the young woman.

“Why?” Natalie questioned a little irritated. “Just like John, Cristian was my man before Evangeline. He was…is my soul-mate. And, when he hugged me the other day, I felt something. He wasn’t hugging me like a friend he was hugging me like a soul mate.”

“I don’t know Nattie.” Roxy warned. “If Van-ga-line could turn Bainy out, you know she wouldn’t have any problem puttin something on Vega. I mean, you have to admit those Vega boys fall in love at the drop of a hat.”

“Cristian doesn’t love Evangeline.” Natalie protested. “He is only with her because I told him I wanted to be with John.”

“If you say so Nattie. Just be careful.” Roxy decided not to argue with her. “Van-ga-line seems to do something to these Llanview men. She even had Toddie boy wanting a chance.”

“Thank you.” Yvonne said as she stood and turned towards Natalie and Roxy. “So, who do I pay?”

“You can pay me. What all did you get done?” Roxy stopped doing Natalie’s nail and stood to take the money.

Yvonne studied Natalie as she listed all the things she had done today. She was wondering how she was going to handle this or if she was going to say anything at all. Just looking at the chubby red head, she knew she didn’t like the woman. When Roxy told her the total, she paid the woman and waited for her to count it.

“This is double what you owe me.” Roxy informed smiling and sounding surprise. “Is the rest a tip? Was the service that good?”

“The rest is for this.” Yvonne turned to Natalie and punched her in the face. The punch was so forceful it knocked Natalie out of the chair. “I think I gave you more than enough for that.”

“What the hell?” Natalie jumped up in shock holding her jaw. “Who the hell are you? You crazy bitch.”

“Ms. Roxy, I’m going to take my break.” The young blonde beautician said as she started walking out.

“Okay.” Roxy said knowingly. Her employees didn’t like the catfights as she did.

“Evangeline Williamson’s cousin.” Yvonne offered glaring at Natalie. “Yvonne Williamson!”

“I should have known.” Natalie flipped her hair off her shoulders and stepped to the girl. “Well, it’s a good thing you have a lawyer as a cousin because my Uncle is the police commissioner, and you are going to jail for assault.”

“Well, Nattie, there is no need to call Commissy.” Roxy stepped in waving the extra money. “Just think of it as a paid hit. You don’t want my place getting any bad publicity do you? Besides, now you can tell Cristian you know what it feels like to take a punch for money.”

“Roxy will you please shut up…better yet call Uncle Bo. I’m not letting this bitch assault me and get away with it.” Natalie turned to Yvonne. “You are going to jail for this.”

“Fine. Because it was worth it, and I will be out in an hour.” Yvonne smirked. “I don’t have to tell you about my cousin’s reputation. I think you already know of it… and not only her professional one. And, if I’m not mistaken, isn’t John the chief detective. It will give them a reason to see one another.”

“You Williamsons are crazy.” Natalie spat, as she hated the idea of John and Evangeline seeing one another.

“You got that right. You are just fucking with the wrong one. If it were Layla or me, we would have kicked your ass a long time ago. Evangeline is just too nice to be bothered with the likes of you.” Yvonne revealed holding back the urge to give Natalie a Williamson beat down. “And, listening to your conversation, I will advice you to take your chubby ass on to Atlantic City. I don’t want to have to put my foot up your ass for coming between my cousin and Cristian. I’m new in town and I don’t want to have to show my behind. But, I will if I need to. You can bank of that.”

“Excuse you.” Natalie stepped into Yvonne’s face. “I was having a private conversation with my mother.”

“Well, maybe, you shouldn’t hang all your dirty laundry out in public.” Yvonne stepped closer to her. There was no way she was going to let this woman disrespect her or her cousin.

“I can’t help if Evangeline is so insecure about her relationship with Cristian?”

“Girl, what are you smoking?” Yvonne crossed her arms in front of her chest because she had the desire to punch Natalie again. And, if she did, she knew she would definitely go to jail. “What man in his right mind would pick you over Evangeline? She’s intelligent, highly paid…as your mother informed you…she can satisfy a man completely…” Yvonne laughed then continued. “You’re not even woman enough to keep him from thinking about another woman while you are in bed with him.”

“Yvonne!” Evangeline’s voice echoed in the salon. “What is going on? “

“Nothing.” Yvonne lied as her cousin approached. “I was just paying the bill.”

Evangeline looked at Yvonne, Roxy, and Natalie. “What happened?”

“You remember when Layla came to town and I told you to get her a leash. You need to have this one put to sleep.” Natalie looked at Roxy. “I’m out of here. I will talk with you later.”

Natalie stormed pass Evangeline and bumped into her purposely.

“No the hell she didn’t!” Yvonne started to go after her, but Evangeline grabbed her arm. “That bitch must be slow as hell. Didn’t she just learn anything about me?”

“What happened?” Evangeline demanded knowing Natalie’s action was directed more at her cousin then her.

“You gonna let that bitch get away with bumping into you.” Yvonne stared at her in disappointment. She knew Evangeline, and she knew she hated confrontation. “Evangeline, she just disrespected you in public.”

“Roxy, I’m sorry for whatever went down.” Evangeline apologized then told Yvonne they needed to go.

Angel’s Square Diner

“I don’t know what is wrong with you two.” Evangeline chastised both her sister and cousin as they sat in a corner booth. She was farthest from the door as Layla and Yvonne sat with their backs to the entry door.

After leaving the salon, they called Layla to see if she wanted to join them for lunch at the diner. During lunch, Yvonne shared with her two cousins everything that happened at the salon.


“She could have had you arrested.” Evangeline notified.

“Yeah, she told me.” Yvonne waved her hand nonchalantly. “Her mom talked her out of it, because she wanted to keep the extra cash I gave her. Besides, with you and Darius I would have had no problem walking.”

“I can’t believe you.” Evangeline snapped. “Do you not understand assault goes on your record?”

“Calm down, cuz!” Yvonne said in unison with Layla. “Calm down, sis!”

“Natalie has been disrespecting Williamson women since we arrived into Llanview.” Layla said eating a French fry. “Antonio saved her from a beat down when I arrived.”

“You know.” Evangeline started in on them grabbing a French fry off of her sister’s plate. “You two don’t think. You do things in the heat of the moment and don’t think about the consequences.”

“Ohmigod!” Yvonne said stealing a French fry too. “Lay, you know who she sounds like.”

“Aunt Rita!” They said in unison as Evangeline glared between the two of them.

“Van, we are just watching out for you.” Yvonne said reaching for another fry.

“Yeah!” Layla popped her hand and knocked the fry out and back onto her plate. “If you two wanted fries, why didn’t you order them?”

“Girl, I got a wedding dress to get into.” Yvonne rolled her eyes and successfully took another fry. She ordered a salad while Evangeline ordered a fruit bowl.

Evangeline joined her cousin and sister in laughing. When she heard the entry doorbell, she glanced up and stopped laughing when she saw John.

Yvonne was the first to notice her changed demeanor and glanced over her shoulder. “Hey, baby.” She beamed when she saw Darius standing behind John.

“Hey yourself.” Darius leaned over Layla to kiss his beautiful fiancée.

“Ugh! I’m sitting here.” Layla complained as she pushed them apart and stood so Darius could take her seat.

“I’m sorry cuz.” Yvonne apologized and kissed Darius again. “I haven’t seen my boobie all day. And, I missed him.”

“What is it with you two and being in love?” Layla teased looking between her sister and cousin. “With Vangie and Cris, I go into insulin shock.”

Evangeline didn’t miss how Layla glanced at John when she mentioned Cristian’s name.

“And, you two…”

“Please cuz!” Yvonne interrupted her. “If I remember correctly, last night you and Vincent put on your own show at Ultra Violet.”

“Whatever!” Layla beamed realizing she was just in love with her man as her sister and cousin. “I have to go. Adriana and I have an appointment to look at an apartment.”

“You’re still moving.” Evangeline said shocked and disappointed. “Why…things have changed…” She glanced at John then back at her sister.

“Vangie, I can’t live with my big sister forever.” Layla stepped in front of John and kissed Evangeline on the cheek. “I love you, but I need my own space…Bye babes.”

“Bye.” Yvonne said as she watched Layla leave and giggled as Darius snuggled closer to her. “John, have a seat.” She ordered as she noticed him still standing.

John glanced at Evangeline who looked at her cousin then smiled politely at John. “Actually, I need to go too.” She slid to the edge of her seat and motioned to stand.

“Come on, cuz.” Yvonne whined. “Take a break. Sit down…”

“Actually, if you have a moment…” John gently touched her stomach to stop her then quickly pulled his hand away as though the touch burnt him. “Sorry.” He whispered as they shared a glance. “A moment…” He pleaded. “That’s all.”

Evangeline glanced at John then at Yvonne and Darius who were paying close attention to the encounter. She sighed then nodded in the direction behind John.

John followed her over to the corner. He kept his eyes focused on her body until she stopped. When she turned and faced him, he started speaking before she could.

“Last night…I…I want to…” John sighed when he saw irritation on her face. “Evangeline, we need to talk about last night. I want to talk about last night.”

“John.” Evangeline laughed slightly shaking her head. She made up in her mind she wasn’t going to go this route again with him. “We have nothing to talk about. I said all I had to say last night.”

“What about the kiss?” He whispered looking over his shoulder. She was sure he was looking for Carlotta, Cris’s mom.

“The kiss said nothing to me.” Evangeline challenged. “I understand words. I need words…Excuse me.”

John stepped aside as Evangeline walked by. He heard her say good-bye to Yvonne and Darius. When he finally turned around, he glanced at his friend and her cousin staring at him. He wasn’t sure why, but he looked over at the diner’s counter. He wasn’t surprised to see Carlotta glaring at him. He sighed, walked over to his friend, and mumbled he had to get back to the station.

“My boy got it bad.” Darius chuckled as he pulled out his Blackberry and pushed a button. “I tell you like I told your daddy. You Williamson girls are poison.”

“What?” Yvonne slapped his arm teasingly then glanced over at the counter at Carlotta. She didn’t miss the glare the Hispanic lady gave John before he left. She made a mental note to talk to the woman. “So, baby, tell me about John McBain.”