Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Sunset… 

 

Sunset was RJ’s club on the Eastside of town – created for the more affluent Llanview residents. It had two levels – upstairs being the main offices and downstairs divided into two sections – the bar and seating area while the other side was specific for dancing.

 

“Thought we were going back to your place,” the sexy red-head next to him whispered by his ear.

 

I don’t think so. “Needed to get a good bottle of beer…so here we are.”

 

And she certainly could throw back a few. Not one of his brighter ideas yielding to Jessica’s request. One day she reminded him about his propensity to remain in Blair’s orbit even though they were divorced.

“Well she’s a good roll in the sack.” 

“I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear you say that about the mother of your daughter.” 

Todd shrugged. After major battles they usually ended up in bed. He loved Starr very much but Blair was an enigma – he loved her but he didn’t like her most of the time. 

“Uncle Todd you should get out there. You’re a great looking guy.” 

“Yeah I’m hot,” he boasted, “but I also have a dark past, no friends and a shrew for an ex-wife couple that with a 4 year old daughter. Top ten Llanview bachelors…not!” 

“I see that you want to change,” she explained, “Most women like that in a guy.” 

“Meaning they want to save me from myself.” 

“Be serious,” Jessica smiled, “Meaning I may know someone who’s interested. Please give her a shot.” 

Maybe she meant a shot of tequila. First thing she ordered when they arrived at the bar while he settled for his beer.

 

Ms. Caroline Cox – Occupation: Real Estate Agent, 6’0 tall, gorgeous shoulder-length red hair, face like Denise Richards, cute smile, wearing a black dress that accentuated her long legs.

 

He had to admit that when his eyes first came across her at dinner he was very impressed along with most of the other male patrons until she opened her mouth. He felt like he was at a house showing. They didn’t converse very well ergo no chemistry. Last time he’ll allow his favorite niece to butt into his private life.

 

***

 

And where was his buddy RJ?

 

Over the years they had crossed each other’s path and entered into a few battles but it was all in the game. RJ became accustomed to Manning walking into his club like he owned the place. Usually they would become involve in a stare off but tonight a beautiful, young Evangeline Williamson had his complete attention. She had a smile to die for and an awesome body that complimented that smile.

 

“Weekend getaway,” he said, caressing the palm of her right hand.

 

“Maybe,” she replied, indifferent.

 

Four months and she was unsure about the direction of their relationship. Was it a fun ride or something deeper?

 

“Don’t be that way beautiful.”

 

“But you love it when I play hard to get,” she smiled mischievously.

 

“Yes I do.” He gave her a small kiss. “So I guess that means a definite yes.”

 

“Yes.”

 

***

 

Todd downed his beer and ordered another. Caroline would be fine at the bar while he went on a search for his old nemesis.

 

After a few minutes he found him huddled in the corner with a beauty. Wow. Why you devil. She didn’t look like RJ’s regular parade of buxom trophies. That smile; the way her hair moved when she spoke. Where had he been hiding this vision of loveliness?

 

“RJ”

 

“Shit Manning.” He glared at him. “Can’t you see I’m busy…”

 

“Busy enough to talk to one of your old cellmates?”

 

“Cellmates?”  Evangeline asked curious.

 

RJ laughed. “Todd is a jokester. You can’t believe most of the things that come out of his mouth.” He returned his attention to Todd. “Now leave us alone.”

 

He ignored RJ’s directive “Hi my name is Todd Manning,” he said, extending his beer less hand. “Yours is?”

 

“None of your damn business,” she sniped – the nerve of this creep.

 

“Nice to meet you none of your damn business…”

 

Evangeline’s mouth gaped open. “RJ…”

 

RJ immediately stood up. “Manning for the last time…”

“I’m leaving…” for now… 

He was never one to back away from a confrontation especially with RJ but he didn’t want to be thrown out just yet. RJ’s lady friend intrigued him a great deal.

 

“Who was that guy?”

 

“Llanview’s resident troublemaker... forget about him… Where were we?”

 

“Hmmm… you were giving me details about our weekend getaway.”  

 

***

 

“You alright there… Caroline?” He found her giggling while attempting to guzzle down another shot.

 

“Fantastic! Where did you disappear?”

 

“Paying a good friend of mine a visit…” His eyes wondered across the room. Their eyes locked for a moment. There was something about her. Then she moved them away.

 

“Hey do you want to drink a shot from between my breasts,” she giggled.

 

That’s the last straw. “Sorry I’m on a tequila-free diet.”

 

“Your lost …”

 

Yeah he wanted to get rid of her. He called the bartender over and instructed him to call her a cab after her last drink. His evening with Caroline was officially over.

 

***

 

“Are you going to get that?”

 

RJ appeared to be bothered suddenly. She realized that his phone at his waist side was vibrating.

 

“It might be important.”

 

“You’re most important,” he complimented.

 

“The night is still young. I can wait.”

 

She sipped her martini while he answered his phone. That Manning guy was affecting her evening – the way he was staring at her. He carried a presence about him and those blue eyes and that sexy mouth of his… Her friend Nora had complained about her attraction to bad guys. She shook her head back to reality.

 

“Cant you get a handle on it? …What the fuck am I paying you for? …Get it resolved or the next place you’ll be hired will be at the junkyard. Shit!” He yelled, slamming down the phone.

 

“If it’s an emergency…”

 

“No..damnit… I don’t want to leave you like this.”

 

“RJ you should go.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes…This person certainly knows how you can be so it must be very important.”

 

“Alright,” he sighed. “Promise this won’t happen again.”

 

Promises… promises…Why did she feel like that call came at the most opportune moment?

 

“Do you want to go home? I don’t know how long this is going to take.”

 

“I’m fine. When I’m ready to leave I’ll leave,” she replied convincingly.

 

“Again I’m sorry about this,” he said. He kissed her then hurried away.

 

She felt awkward sitting there alone. She scanned the room. Well at least that Manning character had disappeared. Maybe she would stay an hour more before going home...

 

“I see that RJ has left his beautiful date alone.”

 

A surprised Evangeline exclaimed, “You again!”

 

“Me again,” he said, easing in the space next to her.

 

“I don’t remember inviting you to sit next to me.”

 

“I don’t remember asking.”

 

“Jackass!” She shifted in her seat, staring straight ahead.

 

“You are dating one of the biggest in town.” She turned her head in disgust. Her hair brushed against his face and he breathed in the scent of her shampoo. She smelt like a bouquet of lavender. He had to calm his growing arousal.  “I saw the way you looked at me.”

 

“What way would that be?”

 

“You want me,” he said matter-of-factly.

 

She spun around. “RJ will be back at any moment so I suggest that you leave me alone…now!”

 

“Knowing RJ he’s probably in one of two places. In a dark corner making a shady deal or crawling into bed with one of his many skanks...”

 

Todd felt a painful sting on his face where Evangeline slapped him. She quickly stood up and exited the room.

 

“Todd you really do know how to impress a lady,” he said to himself. Why did he want to impress her? “Oh what’s this?”

 

***

 

He found her outside trying to flag down a cab. Immediately his eyes scanned her curves. She was decked out in a knee-length, spaghetti-strap red dress with sexy high heels – an amazing body and her legs…ohhh…Come on Todd not now.

 

“Hey lady… I wasn’t referring to you.”

 

“What are you…a stalker?” She asked angrily, stroking her arms. The night had suddenly turned chilly.

 

“No…you forgot this…” Her purse…After her angry exit she hadn’t noticed that it wasn’t under her arm. He saved her from a major embarrassment.

 

“Thanks,” she responded, quietly as he handed it to her.

“I won’t be offended if you checked the contents.”

 

“I trust you,” she said sarcastic. The red mark on his cheek caught her attention. “But I won’t apologize for the slap that I gave you.”

 

“I didn’t expect you to,” he managed a smile.

 

Cocky sonofabitch. “You can go now.”

 

She turned away still stroking her arms. She could easily call RJ but felt she would be interrupting…why bother.

 

Instead of leaving he offered her his jacket which she accepted. He couldn’t leave her standing out there alone. There was this strong urge to take care of her and be there for her even if she didn’t ask it of him. Having just met this reaction towards her unnerved him a little.

 

What’s with this guy? First he insults me and now he’s helping.

 

Finally Todd successfully hailed a cab for her.

 

“You see I’m not such a bad guy after all.” She was unable to respond which produced a wry smile on his lips.

 

When he opened the cab door she said, “T-Thanks for helping me…My name is Evangeline Williamson.” She extended her hand and he kissed it. Her hand tingled from his touch.

 

“It has been nice meeting you Ms. Williamson excluding our earlier encounter.” His blue eyes sparkled. “Good night beautiful.” She felt her cheeks grow warm.

 

He closed the door, waving goodbye.

 

He stood there for a few minutes thinking only of her. All these questions popped into his head. Where was she from? How long had she been dating RJ? Would he see her again? He will find out everything he could about her and he would make it his business to see her again. He couldn’t allow the chance of finally meeting that special someone slip away.

“Evangeline Williamson, you are starting to affect my life more than you’ll ever know.”