Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Beta: Thanks to Sheila for the beta.
Written a few years back, and am finally posting it here.





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Teyla had made a decision. One, which had cost her gravely.

She wasn’t sure how long, she had been here, but one thing was for certain-all hope, all faith had vanished.

No doubt the terrans-Major Sheppard, Doctor McKay, Aiden and the others had given up on her. Not that she would blame them, for she too would do the same.

She heard gunfire, screaming and raised voices, but she knew that it was her imagination-for it always was.

It had been like that, since her capture- correction- since her decision-her mistake. She would hear gunfire and raised voices-Major Sheppard, Aiden and Doctor McKay’s, all three calling out for her, searching for her.

The doors would swing open and Teyla would always awake.

This time, however, it was different. The doors swung open, a bright flash of white light greeted her, blinding her. And in reply, the Athosian closed her eyes tightly.

“Teyla?”

The voice sounded familiar and yet, she couldn’t recognize who it was.

“Oh God, what have they done to you?” Anguish surfaced into the voice. “John! I’ve found her!” The voice came closer. “Teyla? Teyla, honey? It’s me, Elizabeth.”

Slowly, the Athosian opened her blank, lifeless and vacant eyes as she looked at the diplomat; expect she wasn’t so much as looking at Elizabeth, more through her, as if she wasn’t there. Which in a way she wasn’t. At least that’s what Teyla believed.

Teyla sunk further into the dark corner, rocking back-and-forth on her heels, wrapping her arms around her raised knees, praying and hoping to awake from this nightmare.

“Teyla? Teyla, everything will be fine. I’ve got you now.”

Her body was numb and wilted, which was why she felt nothing as Elizabeth gently pulled her into an embrace.

She felt nothing as Elizabeth ran her fingers gingerly over her bruised and grazed face. Nor did she feel anything as Elizabeth brushed her lips against her forehead and lips.

And Elizabeth’s slurred words of reassurance meant nothing to her for her words were indeed meaningless. For, she had died a long time ago, her soul had died long ago and now, she was empty and hollow, lifeless and dead. And nothing, no words of reassurance, not even Elizabeth, could bring her back.