Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Oh it’s just you,” Evangeline said as she opened the door.

Seeing Todd again should have been a joyful moment but she had heard all about Blair joining him on his journey. The same journey that he had refused to take Evangeline along with him… what was the excuse again…he couldn’t forgive himself if anything happened to her and yet he allowed Blair to tag along. Unless she was dead Evangeline didn’t find it particularly pleasing to spend countless nights wondering where he was and what kind of tricks Blair was playing to get him back into her life. Now here he was standing at her door looking quite tired…been through the mill had he and yet still her heart felt something.

“Evangeline I guess you already heard that Blair was with me.” Evangeline rolled her eyes. “Believe me it wasn’t my choice to let her come along.”
“Then why didn’t you tell her to leave and go away!”
“She was already on the plane…which I didn’t know…and it was preparing for takeoff. What was I suppose to do?”
“Todd, please tell me what you are doing here?”
“Can I come in first?” Evangeline allowed him to come in but preferred to turn her back on him staring out the window arms crossed.

Todd approached carefully wanting to touch her. He wanted to tell her everything that his heart was aching to reveal but was it the appropriate time. He hesitated for an instant until his hands rested firmly on her shoulders trying to relieve the tension that was building inside her. Didn’t he already know that he was creating more of it? Her hair hung on her shoulders Todd breathed in the smell of her shampoo.

Evangeline cleared her throat, “So Todd tell me what are you doing here,” she said in a low voice.
“I needed to be near you. My time in Chicago has made me wise up to the fact that things have changed between us Evangeline.”
“Is that so…” She turned around and stared into his gorgeous blue eyes. It seemed as if they were staring into her soul. That hardened resolve that had built up during his time away was beginning to break away.
“If I hurt you in anyway I am sorry.” She knew that he meant it.

His hand gently cupped her face and he leaned in for a kiss her lips looked so warm and inviting. His tongue entangled with hers and a fierce passion started to consume them. She was weak to her desires for him. For so long they had tried to keep their feelings for one another at a distant preferring to enjoy a great friendship but what of it now…everything was starting to change. Evangeline took him by the hand and led them both to her bedroom. There was no delay as her arms encircled his neck and her mouth covered his. Todd’s cell phone started to ring.

“You need to get that.”
“All I need is you right now,” Todd stroking the side of her face.
“Todd it may be something important. I’m not going anywhere,” she said seductively.

Todd decided to take the call outside. It was Blair checking up on him.

“I heard you just got back in from Chicago so when are you coming to see us.”
“Are the kids ok?”
“Yes but they are anxious to see you.” Todd mind was reflecting back on the beautiful lady that was anxiously waiting for his return.
“It is impossible for me to see them right now. I am very tired and just want to lay back and get some rest but I promise I will seem them tomorrow.”
“We’ll be waiting. Bye I love you Todd.”
“Sure…bye.”

That was over it he didn’t want any interruptions so he clicked off his phone and tossed in unto the couch and made his way back to place where he was most wanted and needed. Vange was there waiting patiently stripped down to her lacy underneath. Todd wasted no time in removing his shirt and slacks. They made sweet passionate love until both were thoroughly exhausted.

“Why did it take us this long?” Todd asked as Evangeline laid comfortably on his chest listening to his beating heart.
“I don’t know maybe you can tell me,” Evangeline said sleep wanting to overtake her. It seemed like it had been a long night for the both of them. Todd gazed at their images in the mirror.
“I love seeing chocolate and vanilla combined as one. This was definitely my favorite treat.” Evangeline managed to utter a small laugh. “Evangeline there is something that I really need to tell you I…” but as he listened carefully he could hear her small snores. “I’ll tell you in the morning.” He placed a small kiss on her forehead and felt happy that everything was finally coming together between them soon he joined her in quiet slumber.


Vange sleeps soundly while Todd caresses her face. He has been awake for a while now just watching Vange sleep…how beautiful she is not only in body but in spirit. I want to do whatever it takes to protect her…Can’t believe she is here in my arms, in my heart. Vange stirs she feels someone touching her face.

“What an old cliché Todd Manning watching someone as she sleeps, stroking her face.”
“When it comes to you I feel all the old clichés.” They kiss gently lips still tingly from their awesome night of passion. Vange opens her eyes as they come out of their embrace.
“Aren’t you hungry Todd because I’m famished…I will just be going to the bathroom and then… Todd grabs her arm as she is about to leave.
“Can’t I join you?”
Vange looked up and said, “Hmmmm…” She had Todd worried a bit as he awaited her response. Vange laughed and said sure.

It was another desirous moment and when they finished both were standing by the bathroom mirror.

Todd said, “I need to brush my teeth. This will do perfectly.” Vange put her hand on her hip and looked at him surprised. She grabbed the toothbrush from his hands and said,
“That’s mine get your own.” Todd grabbed it back playfully and said,
“You should never have a guest overnight without having toothbrushes available.” He said it serious but with a smile behind his eyes. They started to playfully fight for the toothbrush until both ended up on the floor laughing. Todd grabbed her face and said,
“Vange, I was trying to tell you something last night but of course our passion got in the way.”
Vange inched up to him closer, “You can tell me anything Todd I have heard much worse from you.” Concern in her face…
Todd said, “No Vange it’s nothing bad but its serious. You make me feel things that I thought were hidden from me…alright Todd get to the point…I Love You.”


Vange didn’t speak she just got up and went to her closet looking for something to wear, a normal day…The room became amazingly silent only the noise of outside activity could be heard. Todd got up from the floor watching Vange in amazement, afraid to speak. He had said something wrong?...something that touched a nerve. His throat became dry and his tongue heavy…an ache starting to form…was it his heart. He didn’t know Vange broke the silence,

“Here is something to wear. I’m going to get some breakfast. I hope you don’t mind cereal.”
“No,” Todd said hoarsely.

They ate breakfast in silence each in his/her world. Seeing that she was finished he got up and put the dishes in the sink and just stood there not turning back to look at her.

“It’s not your fault Todd, it’s mine,” Vange said slowly, “I had given my heart to John who rejected it, then to Cris who made issues of trust or his lack of trust in me get in the way or maybe I’m cursed with falling in love with complicated men as Layla said.” Todd turned around holding unto the sink he said,
“Look at me I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, an ex-wife and that crazy bitch Margaret who tried to kill but we ended up making a son…go figure. We both have baggage but this is real and this is right.” Vange got up from the table turning her back towards Todd. She folded her arms and said,
“You are right Todd but…” Todd came up behind her and her close she responded, ‘but I’m scared.”
“I’m scared too. You are my best friend, my only friend; you think I want to lose that?”

He turned her around and gently stroked her face, it was tense. He could see her mind at work behind those beautiful brown eyes. “Baby I love you. You can slap me, choke me, kick me but I’ll keep saying those words again and again.” His voice was so soft, tender. A tear rolled down her cheek where it came from she did not know maybe it was the battle going on within.
“I love you too.” They embraced lips joined together in a lingering kiss but this kiss was so different because it was truly real. Their love was like fresh dew settling in on sweet morning flowers.


Todd dropped Vange off at work. She snuggled against him the whole time just giddy with love and letting her mind flow freely. She knew she had a tough day ahead so she wanted to get the most out of their time together.

“Here you are babe. You sure you won’t take me up on my offer. Lunch in Paree,” Todd smiled.
“No Todd I’ve got things to do.”
“Your man to do as well...” She played jabbed Todd in his side which made him start laughing.
“Now my love, give me a kiss. Let it be long and smooth to leave my lips tingling for the rest of the day.” Todd obliged. When their lips parted he said,
“I love you.”
“I love you too,” was her reply.
“I’ll pick you up this evening. Give my love to Nora.”
“Todd…”

When he opened the door to his apartment he felt something strange, like he was not alone and there she was sitting on his sofa with a pensive look on her face.

“How the hell did you get in here?”
“Todd you promised to come see me and the kids. I guess its back to business as usual.” At this time Blair stood up. Todd became totally dismissive at her statement and yelled,

“Remind me next time to have a secret service detail at my penthouse to keep you out.”
”Todd don’t you remember what you told me.” Blair’s voice became quieter. She folded her arms as she awaited his response.
“Ah yes in Chicago well you know what they say Blair what happens in Chicago…well you get the point,” Todd said without batting an eye. Blair was fit to be tied. Her face became so red you would have thought steam would be coming out of her ears.
“You bastard,” Blair said angrily under her breath.
“My MIA made me realize one thing though…you can’t change a ho’ into a housewife.”

Blair walked straight up and gave him a slap accidentally cutting his cheek. Todd went to his bar and fixed himself a drink. It seemed that whenever Blair was around he thought about drinking himself into a stupor.

“Todd you’re bleeding,” Blair said as she looked at him puzzled…


“Leave me alone Blair. Just don’t touch me.” Todd was fed up with her being there. She was always around and with this new relationship with Vange he had to put an end to it.
“But Todd…”
“Leave it. I’ve been through worst pain.”

He was getting a little buzzed and remembering the time of his execution. Evangeline at the glass window saying comforting words….He felt the blood running down his cheek and wiped it away with the cuff of his sleeve. He looked and saw Blair gazing at him very puzzled. He knew she was concerned but where was this when…he became angry.

“Concerned Blair? Where was it when I really needed some love from you? Where were you? Where was Jack?”
“What the hell are you talking about?” Blair yelled. Todd moved from the bar drink in hand.
“My execution!” Todd ran his finger past his throat. “You get it.” Blair went to the bar and poured herself a drink preparing for whatever there is to come.
“How many times have I apologized Todd and I told you I was sorry. You are not blameless.”
“I know Blair I know but that’s what we do. We love hurting each other and our kids are always caught in the middle.”

Blair turned her back towards him preferring to concentrate on her drink. Todd cozied up towards her and whispered, “You like this Blair, my breath at the back of your neck whispering endless promises in your ear.” Blair smiled. It was just like old times, nothing changed. Suddenly Todd backed off and said, “Nah…didn’t feel a thing. I guess I’ve lost that loving feeling.”
“You know what Todd you are truly an ass.” She got up to leave but noticed something strange. “Todd whose clothes are you wearing?”
“I’m surprised at you Blair…aren’t you the smart one. It’s Cris ‘the caveman’ Vega. You like.” Instantly she knew where Todd was last night and the morning. She couldn’t bring herself to imagine anything more. It was too devastating.

“I HATE YOU!” She hurled her glass across the room. It crashed on the other side of the wall.
“Blair shhhh you will make the neighbors call the police,” Todd said with a smile on his face. She just glared at him and left for the elevator. She knew where she was going next. Todd closed the door his head and his cheek were hurting really bad. He needed to get some sleep. The scotch had already worked its magic.