Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ashley Renee Coles is a very headstrong, beautiful young girl about to become a woman.  She is going away to college and she thinks that she has her life planned out but Antoine, a man who wants her, is thinking very differently.  Will she give in or let go?  Lets see shall we.......


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


True Love Survives

By:

Rhonda Nicole Fox

Prologue 

Ten years earlier 

Ashley Renee Coles has just graduated from high school with the highest GPA in her class. Her grade point average was a 4.7 and she is soon leaving for college to attend Harvard  University to major in Pre-Medicine/Biology. She is hoping to become an obstetrician/gynecologist and a published author. She is leaving her family in Atlanta and moving to  Cambridge, MA.  
 
"I now present to you the Martin Luther King High School class of 2002!" Superintendent Mark Johnson yelled into the microphone as the class and the audience burst into the applause. 
Ashley looked at her friends. 
 
"We did it!" Dana yelled as she threw her hat into her air.

Everyone followed suit and threw their hats into the air. 
 
“I can't believe we graduated!" Jolette said as she hugged her friends. 
"You can't believe it! Columbia University here I come!" Dana yelled as she danced around in a circle as she saw her boyfriend and fellow salutatorian, Michael Brown, walk over and pick her up to spin her in a circle. 
 
"I'm glad to be getting away from this place," Tabitha said as she hugged her cousin as they waited for their parents and Ashley's sisters. 
 Patrick and Jason Armstrong strolled over to where Ashley and Tabitha were standing. 
 "I’m glad that's over. I hate talking in front of a crowd," Patrick said as he wrapped his arms around his former girlfriend's waist and kissed her on her neck. 
"As arrogant and pompous as you are, public speaking should have been a piece of cake and if you want to keep your arms, you would remove them right about now," Tabitha said as she stomped on Patrick's foot and kicked his shin. 
 
Keeana and Brianna Coles walked over wearing matching pink velour jumpsuits.   "Congratulations!" they yelled as they hugged Ashley and Tabitha. 
 "Are you gonna congratulate me?" Jason whispered to Keeana as he walked up behind her and kissed her on her neck. 
"I’m sure that bitch Stephanie will give you all the congratulations you want if you ask her. She's your whore anyway," Keeana said angrily and she turned around and slapped Jason full on the face before walking away. 
 "Leave Keeana alone!! YOU broke her heart and now you're trying to do it again. Stay away from my sister!" Ashley warned him as she walked away to pick up her diploma and grabbed hers. 
           
She was walking to where a couple of her friends were standing when she saw her parents and her aunt and uncle run to her with camera flashing. 
“Smile baby! Brandy, her mom, screamed as she flashed her camera in Ashley's face. 
“Mom, you're blinding me!" Ashley screamed as she tried to run away but they wouldn't let her.  "Oh no you don't. This the greatest night of your life and for us and if we want to stand here and take a million pictures, you're gonna do it," Marcus, her dad, commanded as he told Ashley and Tabitha to stand together holding their individual diplomas up. 
 
"Smile!" their parents said as they flashed the cameras at them. 
"Mom,dad, there are a few of our friends. We're going with them for a while," they said as they escaped from their parents. 
           
Jolette was taking pictures with her family when she saw Cedric, her boyfriend, walking towards her. 
"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Martin. Could I borrow Jolette for a minute?" Cedric asked as he grabbed her hand and walked outside towards his Lincoln Navigator.  
"What is it Cedric? Shouldn't you be with your parents?" Jolette asked as she stepped into his car. 
"I took enough pictures with them. They said I could hang out all night if I wanted," Cedric said he started to drive towards his house. 
           
They drove through the gates of his parents' estate towards the guest house. Cedric pulled up in front of the house. Cedric walked around to open the door for her. They walked inside the house and Cedric closed and locked the door. He pushed her up against the door, kissed her hard on her mouth, sticking his tongue inside of her mouth. She kissed him back, slipping her tongue inside his mouth, and putting her arms around his neck. 
"I thought we were never gonna be alone. I've missed you," Cedric said as he grabbed her hand and walked over to the couch. 
"I know. We've been so busy we haven't spent any time together. I've missed you too," Jolette said as she sat down next to him. 

“You know in a few months I leave for Yale and you leave for Cornell," Cedric whispered as he kissed her cheek.  
 
"I know. Are you saying you don't want to see me anymore?" Jolette asked as she looked at him. 
“No, I’m not. I want to be with you. We'll see each other on holidays and breaks. We can call and email each other. I just want to ask you something. You know I love you and I would do anything for you. I love you so much. You are my life, my everything. I don't care what my parents say. I'll find a way for us to be together. What I'm really trying to say is Jolette will you marry me and be my wife?" Cedric whispered as he dropped to his knees and opened a ring box. Inside the box was a diamond engagement ring. 
 "Oh, Cedric," Jolette whispered as looked at the ring and him with tears in her eyes. 
“I'm kinda nervous over here because you haven't answered the question," Cedric said as he looked at her anxiously. 
“Yes, I’ll be your wife," Jolette whispered as they kissed to seal their engagement. 
           
Jolette stopped him and looked at him seriously.  
 
"Make love to me Cedric," Jolette whispered as she kissed his lips softly. 
           
Cedric stared at her shockingly. 
 
"Are you sure baby? We don't have to do that if you're not ready. I don't want to hurt you, but once we do this, you're mine," Cedric said as he looked at her seriously. 
"I want you, Cedric. I want to be with you. Please make me yours," Jolette said as she stood up and held out her hand. 
           
Cedric took it and they walked towards the bedroom. 
 
Ashley and her sisters were walking towards their front door after leaving the graduation ceremony when they saw a suburban truck pull up. 

"That's Daron!" Brianna yelled as she ran up to her boyfriend and kissed him. 
"Hey, Ashley and Keeana. Um, Antoine said could he talk to you for a minute Ashley?" Daron said as he walked inside the house with Brianna and Keeana. 
           
Ashley walked over to the car and pulled the door open. 
 
"What the hell do you want Antoine?" Ashley asked angrily as she stepped inside the truck and slammed the door. 
"Hey, I just wanted to talk. Congratulations by the way. I'm happy for you," Antoine said softly as he handed her a bouquet of white roses and baby's breath. 
"Oh, wow, thank you so much. I 'm so glad to please you," Ashley said sarcastically as she tried to get out the car, but he stopped her. 
 "Why do you do this? Why can't you see I’m trying to apologize to you? I know you saw Tiffany kiss me, but I didn't kiss her back. I want you, not her. Don't you know that I love you?" Antoine whispered as he kissed her softly on the lips. 
"I don't love you! I don't want to be with you! Why can't you see that!" Ashley screamed as she threw the flowers in his face, jumped out the car, and ran inside her house. 
           
Ashley walked upstairs to her room. She took off her graduation gown and slipped on some jeans and her class tee shirt.  
 
"I don't know what life has in store for me, but I do know that it doesn't involve anything to do with Antoine Daron Armstrong," Ashley whispered as she lay down on her bed to sleep, dreaming about what her life would be like in the future.






Chapter End Notes:
Well you met everyone and their life seems to be going in a certain direction but will it stay the same course.  Stay tuned........