Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

***CAST***

Keesha

Keesha Ward/Adult Nala

 

Leo

Leo Julian/Adult Simba

 

Leyla Mir

Leyla Mir/Ensemble Cast

 

Elizabeth

Nurse Elizabeth Webber

 

Jason

Jason Q. Morgan

 

Carly

Carly Corinthos

 

Lorenzo

Lorenzo Alcazar/Roberto Martinez

 

Dr. Patrick Drake

 Dr. Patrick Drake

 

Dr. Robin

Dr. Robin Scorpio-Drake

 




Author's Chapter Notes:

Jason's life is as it was on screen with the exception that when he awoke from the life saving brain surgery performed by Dr. Patrick Drake, his memories of his past romances were gone with the exception of the one he shared with Keesha Ward.  A gaping hole in is his memory he sought not to fill, although he claims some of the past, he has softened a little, but once mob always mob.  So although he desires to reconnect with the love of his life, his life of crime and bloodshed resulting from that life impedes that desire. 

This is my first DAYTIME FANFIC.  I usually go with MOVIE or ORIGINAL theme stories. JEESA was one of my favs.  I've been on a block lately because I'm so used to having multiple ideas littering my head.  So this one has been stirring for a couple of years and I must let it out.  Here goes.  I haven't predicted the length, but it won't be long-winded!  LOL!  Enjoy! 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Keesha Ward loathed this town; it was dead to her also.  Most of her family had died here.  And nothing repulsed her more than having to come back.   Her uncle Bradley, his son Justice, and her Grandmother Mary-Mae had been victims of the rash violence that plagued the city.  Justice had chosen his path, but her grandmother and uncle were lambs who bled charity, only to die in vain.  Twelve years since she left and not much had changed.  Fourteen days, two weeks was it, and then she could roll right out of town and hopefully never have to look back in the direction of the god-forsaken place again.  

The bus pulled in and came to a hissing stop in the parking lot of the Metro Court Hotel.  The last time she was in town, it was to collect her cousin's remains and have them flown back to Pennsylvania where he could be granted a proper burial.  She vowed it was to be for the last time, basically told the people of Port Charles to kiss her hind parts.  

"Hey Nala!  Ready to knock 'em dead?"  Leo Julian asked.

"Oh...don't call me that!"  Her bright smile beamed out from a darkened haze that had stolen her thoughts.

"Are you kidding me?  You embody Princess Nala."

"Yeah...naïve right?"

"No...beautiful, sensitive, caring..."  Leo waxed on.

"Oh stop!  So, we get one night to rest.  And then we're back to work Saturday!  One day down, thirteen to go."

"New York was a tough crowd.  I sure hope Port Charles is better." 

"Doubt that!"  Keesha shook her head, rolling eyes peering out of the tour bus window. The people like lambs.

"Well.  I think we should spend the day planting flags in this town, what do you say?"

"Trust me, there's nothing to miss.  You can stay on this bus and see everything it has to offer, probably safer that way too.  Here read a brochure."  Keesha tossed a glossy tour book to Leo.  His smile turned to a nervous laughter.   That was the effect she had on him.  He had been working with her for the last six months.  A former understudy and ensemble cast member now turned adult Simba replaced the lead that fell and broke his hip in a freak accident.  Dominic Rains was a tough act to follow, but Leo had soon filled the shoes well, making him practically an overnight sensation.  

"I can't believe you just said that.  Didn't you used to live here?"  Leo blushed.  He loved looking at her, and was silently grateful for the misfortune that brought him closer to her proximity.

"A little while...but that was a long time ago."  Her glossy smile dimmed.

"Be my tour guide...pretty please?"  He moaned, pouty lip curled up and over the top one.  

Keesha was done with the port town and that largely had to do with the Mob controlling nearly every aspect of the businesses of the city and the idiocy of the PCPD which made the town a laughing stock-a carnie puppet whose strings were pulled at the whim of crime lord Michael 'Sonny' Corinthos and Jason Q. Morgan, hired gun-turned lord.  

It was hard to fathom that she had once considered becoming a police officer here.   But the worse thing ever to come before her wide-eyed perception was to see the very hope she held for the city become slowly littered by corruption and innocent bloodshed Unless the town revitalized its police force, there was no way the city would be safe to raise children or reclaim its former glory as a tourist attraction.  

***

Jason Morgan sat in his office clad in rugged blue denims and a signature black Sean John Tee going over the books.  A thick closed fist knocked a solid blow against the steel door.  "Yes?"

"Excuse me Jason, I don't mean to disturb you, but I thought you'd want to know that the Princess has arrived."

Jason stared blindly back at his chief of security with eyes glazed over.  The Princess.  He had been watching over her in spite of their furious past interludes.

"People die near you...my cousin died because of YOU Jason! YOU! And this life you've chosen.  I'd rather take my chances on the PCPD.  At least a few of the keystone cops actually believe in some code of honor.  You're pathetic! Your life is pathetic.  And I hate YOU! Do you hear me...?" 

A firm open palm crashed heavily against his face.  And then she was gone.  Minutes had passed and still the sting lingered on burning like fire.  His eye broke a single tear as he closed the lid that contained it, bowing his head in shame.  She was right.  She was absolutely right. Death or pain came to all who were near or dear to Sonny or Jason.  The innocent was always sacrificed.  A few nicks and scrapes here and there was nothing comparable to the lives lost by those who stood one degree too close to. Sonny or Jason. Keesha hated Jason and no amount of resurgent memories of the love they once shared could replace the repulsion she felt for him.  Jason Quartermaine was dead to her and his corpse would be forever haunted by a walking breathing unfeeling cyborg.

"Thanks Max."   Jason's blond lashes blinked gradually sealing his ocean blue orbs behind the veil of his distressed lids.  His clasped fingers pressed firmly into his chin.   The last time he saw her she had pierced his soul with the truth that sliced through him deeper than a machete in a way that no one ever could. He loved her once and had remembered loving her all over again, surprisingly.   He had so wanted to tell her that he had remembered her touch_the softness of her skin. But the reality slap across his face sealed that intent and his fate_to live a reclusive life entombed in the darkness he had created for himself.






Chapter End Notes:
More to come stay tuned.