Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


We're all gathered at the table there's food being passed around; everyone has a smile on their face. There's warmth here, the joking and laughter as we reminisce about what happened in the past year. I can't help but get choked up because you're not here but then I look over at Judah and see you in him and my smile returns.

They extended you tour, you were supposed to be home already but it happened to other Marines also so I know I'm not the only one missing my husband right now. Thank goodness for our family, I probably would've gone crazy without them. I received your last letter that said that your tour had been extended. I had hoped that you were joking but when I didn't see you walk in the house I knew it was true.

I hate this, this is our holiday. You're supposed to be here to enjoy it with us and I wish you were here. Judah's getting bigger every day. He misses you too, always asking me when you're gonna stay home for good. I don't know what to tell him because anything I say will be a lie.

I miss you so much and I hate the fact that you're not here. I just want it to be us, me you and Judah. The three of us, in our house just being together. Instead we need everyone else to fill the gap you leave behind every time you ship out. But you love it, that's why you signed up. So damn patriotic, I can't help but resent that right about now.  

I just want to see your smile, that lazy pull of your lips that is just so damn sexy.  I miss your hands and how they're so big compared to mine, I miss the way they touch me so gentle and yet firm. I miss your arms when they wrap around me.  I feel so warm wrapped in you. I crave it at night nothing compares that feeling I get when you're near me. I just light up and my breath escape me. I can't find the words to speak but then again I don't need any. You just seem to know. I miss hearing your voice tell that you love me every night or how beautiful I am even when I wake up with crust in my eyes. Hell I just miss you.

Everyone is quiet now, I wonder what happened? I look up and everyone seems like they've seen a ghost. It's not until I hear Judah's shout that I see what everyone is staring at. "DADDY!"

I didn't think it was possible but there you are. With Judah in your arms, looking every bit of the proud father. Then your eyes meet mine and I feel it. The sensation that takes my breath away. God I'll never get enough of looking at you. Then looking in my eyes you spoke the words that were music to my ears. "Hey baby, I'm home".