Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey Everybody! I'm back in business! Charger came in and I cried because I was so happy! It's not easy living without my laptop. Anyway thank you all for commenting and staying with me through this. I won't keep you all much longer so please enjoy "Finding Our Way!" Chapter(4) "I Can't Love Him Because I Love Him!"




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Instead of them coming with a date, the girls decided to go together, their dates of course were going to be there waiting. Only person in the group that was going stag was Monica and Tiffany. But it was cool with them because they had a chance to dance with whoever they wanted, whenever they wanted to!

Music could be heard from outside the hotel where the prom was being held. Julia thought people showed up late because they didn’t want to be the first one there but instead they came early to get the party jumping. The girls were handing over their tickets when Mrs. Jones the assistant principal smiled at her. “Julia you look beautiful. I love it.”

“Thank you Mrs. Jones.” She smiled putting the souvenir ticket in her clutch purse.

“I need to get a picture of my students so when they leave me I can remember them.” She said picking up her camera. The girls posed with their hands on their hips and their smile big and pretty. Julia was in the middle with both her hands on her hips. “Thank you girls. Go on in and live it up.” she said.

They smiled and went in. Their theme was Tinsel-town, so of course they had to walk the so called red carpet and be photographed. Some of them were real, some of them weren’t. Julia was in the middle of posing when…

“Damnnnnnnn!” he said with this tone that made Julia turn around. “Hey baby.” he said touching her waist.

Julia smiled and went into his open arms. “Hey!” She blushed as she gave him a once over. “Where’s your coat?”

“At the table. I saved for us.” He chuckled.

“Oh… Well you look good without it anyway.” She said as they went to the table he had holding for them.

“Me! Baby you look like a dime piece! I mean damn I never seen this side of you.” he said, his arms still wrapped around her waist.

“Well there’s a first for a lot of things.” She smiled.

Zach couldn’t take his eyes off of her. Damn his baby had an ass! How come he never seen it. “You wanna uh… You wanna dance?” he asked as PYT came on and some people went to the dance floor. Julia smiled and nodded. She gave her purse to Monica and let him take her over. They began to dance and it was very evident what he was thinking. She could feel it! Zach lowered to her ear. “Tonight is the night.” he whispered pulling her closer to him.

Julia tensed up and looked ahead. “ I thought we said we would see what happens.” she replied feeling him breathing on the back of her neck.

“You won’t say no… Trust me.” he whispered once again. Nervously Julia turned around and face him.

“Zach what if I’m not ready?” she asked still dancing.

Zach sighed. He was tired of this kind of talk. He been with her for months and he still hadn’t gotten the goods. He was tired of playing good boy, that was the whole reason he did it. He knew if he played good boy and just wait it out she would agree. But even though she played around, he knew tonight she would open up to him. He felt it! “Baby we’ve been dating for months now. I know you are.”

“Just because we’ve been---”

“Shhhh… Let’s just dance… Wait to see what happens.” He whispered covering her lips with his finger.

Julia kept dancing but not like before. She started remembering what her sister told her. If she wasn’t ready. Then she wasn’t ready! She was not one of those fast tail girls that gave it up to whoever, whenever. So what she and Zach been dating for months, she didn’t feel that 1st time connection with him. She didn’t feel he was worthy of her innocence. He may have been but to her she didn’t feel it. She never ignored those feelings. Those feelings were what kept her from contracting HIV from another boy that went to her private school, the beginning of her sophomore year. She dated a boy name Kendrick and they were getting ready to do it and she stopped him. Stopped him before he ever got to her treasure box. A week later it was all over the school that he was leaving with HIV and the girls he’d been with contracted it as well. At the moment she knew it was a blessing in disguise and a sign to get the hell out of that school!


DC walked into the room and posed for the camera. He was posing with his date when he caught sight of a young beauty. He looked to see who it was. He couldn’t be sure it was her so he removed his shades to get a better look. The thoughts that were running through his mind were too damn nasty! “Is that Julia?” he asked one of the boys that came in behind him.

They followed his eyes and their eyes bugged as well. “Damn! That’s little Lia. Naw! Man that can’t be her… Can it?” Dustin asked trying to see if his eyes were deceiving him. “That is her!”

“Damn.” DC hissed. The girl he was with looked up at him.

“Excuse you!”

“Oh I’m sorry. I was just saying…”

“I heard what you said.” She fussed as she hit him with her clutch purse and swayed off the carpet.

Julia looked up and her eyes held DC’s. He had on a five button black tux, powder blue, silk vest, powder blue tie and a black shirt. From where she was standing he looked so damn good she could eat him. As she stared she started getting these feelings in the pit of her stomach. She closed her eyes and exhaled. Good lord she was going to lose her mind.

Julia could feel Zach’s cool breath against her neck but it was doing very little to put the fire out. Only thing was the fire wasn’t from him, it was from the way DC looked at her. Damn! He’s fine! She thought as she gave him a look and he winked. Ok that was it! She needed to stop looking. Julia looked away and looked at Zach. DC wanted her, he would have to work for it!

Dmitri caught the look and chuckled. Alright you wanna play it that way…He thought looking her up and down. Julia had on a sexy fitted, teal dress with side midriff cutouts, open back with criss-cross straps, and flowing train. She had on a pair of metallic silver nearly 3inch heels that donned clear crystal jewels. And of course the accessories. What really amazed him was that unlike many of the girls in the place, she had on little to no make-up.

Through the night, DC walked to the DJ station and their eyes caught once again. He winked at her and held her gaze as he made it over and requested a song. She gulped as he licked his lips and whispered in the man’s ear. Julia get yourself straight! She told herself as she snapped out of it and gave Zach all her attention. Again!

While they were having a good time, many people complimented her on her dress. The fact that she looked beautiful. A lot of them took pictures of her, with her. They were all shocked and amazed. Of course there was some people who wasn’t too happy with all the attention she was getting.

“Bitch.” The unhappy girl, growled wishing she could lay Julia out! “You’ll get yours, don’t worry.”

Many songs later, everybody was asked to take their seats. The assistant principal, slash, senior authority took the mic and stood in the middle of the floor. “Of course you all know it wouldn’t be prom night if we didn’t crown our best he or she. As well as our prom king and queen.” She stated as she looked out to the crowd. “Ok so without further adu’…” she took a card out the bowl and started reading out the names. Many of them Julia knew would win, many of them she was shocked about. “Female most likely to succeed… Julia Simmons!” she called. Julia almost spit out her drink when they called her name.

“Go on up there.” her friends urged. She was stone cold. She was smart but she knew she couldn’t have been the smartest in the school. Plus she had no idea her name was in the ballot. Finally, Julia stood up and walked up to receive her award. She had to stay up there so she could take a picture with the male. After they called this nerds name she took her seat, only to have her name called again.

“Most athletic female… Julia Simmons!” the principal called again.

Once again Julia was floored as she stood up and went to receive her award. “Is this thing rigged?” she asked with a chuckle.

“Most athletic male… It’s a tie.” She said eying the card and smiling as she looked up. “Dmitri Calhoun and Zachery Martin!”

Julia’s eyes bucked as both of them stepped up. Oh this was no good! She thought as they eyed each other before posing by her for the camera. DC was awfully close. So close she could smell the cologne he wore. Usher. Oh god she was going to die if this boy didn’t unhand her. They way his arm was around her waist was a protective hold. She felt safe and comfortable there. “You look beautiful.” he whispered before they pulled apart. Julia watched as he walked away from her and back to his table where she soon saw his date. The blood running through her veins began to boil as she walked back to her table.

“Congrat’s baby.” Rena said as she leaned in to kiss him.

DC saw Julia looking and he quickly dodged Rena’s juicy red lips. Julia looked at him and looked away when she seen him move. Why was she ready to cry!? Why did she want to go over there and stab that bitch?

“Lia you ok?” Tiffany asked seeing her biting on her lower lip.

She just nodded and looked down. “I need to step out for a second.” she said quickly pulling back from the table and getting up.

“Wait! Li!” Tiffany called as she jumped up and went after her. She ran out the room with her and followed her to the fountain that was away from their rented room. “What’s wrong momma-kat?” Tiff asked sitting next to her. She shook her head and looked down at the water.

Tiffany made her look her way. “What’s wrong baby?” she asked motherly.

“I wanna go home.” she cried.

“No… Why? Everything is going great. Who messed with you? Let me know and I‘ll take care of it! Was it that punk Zach?” Jonathan asked as he came up. He saw when Tiff and Lia jumped up and quickly excused himself from his date to check on them. Jonathan was on the football team and over the course of Julia’s introduction into the high school the middle of her sophomore year, he took care of her as if she was his baby sister.

“No it’s not. I’m with one boy but I desperately wanna be with the other.” she cried again, looking up at John-John, his nickname. John-john sat next to her and pulled his little “sister” into his arms. Tiffany knew all to well what she was talking about. She then wrapped her arm around Julia’s waist. “It’s going to be ok… I promise.” she soothed rubbing her side.

Back inside DC was having the hardest time trying to keep himself grounded. He felt something was up, just the way she got up and left, made him aware that something was wrong with her.

“Female with the best hair… Julia Simmons!” Mrs. Jones called out as she looked around and didn’t see her. “Julia Simmons!” she called again as the spotlight searched around for her. “Simmons!” she called again beginning to worry. She turned to look at the other senior authority and she shrugged. She gestured for her to come and finish while she went to look for her. Julia may have been a quick tempered student but Mrs. Jones cared for her a lot. She never saw a girl that fought so hard for what she believed in or called a teacher out and made them think twice about their own selves. To be honest Julia was Mrs. Jones favorite student.

Ms. Troy took the mic and Mrs. Jones left the room in search of Julia. Meanwhile DC’s leg was shaking as he kept struggling. Rena was paying attention to some girl across to the table so he wasn’t too much worried about her. She’s ok. She just went to the restroom. He told himself as he looked back over to the table and saw Zach.

“I’ll be back need to use the restroom.” DC whispered in Rena’s ear. She smiled and nodded, before turning back to the girl across the table. DC shook his head and walked out the room.

Zach got up as well and followed DC out. “What did you say to her?” Zach asked pushing him into the wall.

DC was taken by surprise but he didn’t let it stop him. “I don’t know what your problem is but you better let me go!” DC warned.

“You said something to her. Nobody angers her like that but you! You said anything out of the way and I swear I’ll beat your ass!”

DC pushed Zach off of him when he just so happened to see Mrs. Jones. He also spotted Tiffany. He shot Zach a look before saying one little thing. “The only way you’ll beat my ass is if I’m dead and on a cold slab!” he fussed before walking away.

By the fountain, Mrs. Jones spotted her students and went by them. “Honey, are you ok?” she asked seeing the tears spilling from her eyes.

Tiffany nodded. “She’s fine. She’s… Just emotional because this is our last year.” she said not sounding very convincing. “Julia everything with be alright… I promise.” she tried to instill in her. Trying to get her to calm down long enough to get Mrs. Jones to believe her and let them be.

Julia pulled away from them and stood up. “But how!! How will it ever be alright if I’m with Zach but my heart is begging to be with somebody else!? It’ll never be alright if I can’t have him…I… I may sound desperate or crazy or stupid but that’s how I feel! There’s nothing I can do about it.” She cried. “I love him and he… He’ll never know because he’s always chasing skirts! And he never… never once taken the time look at me. Taken the time to even give me that chance!”

“Julia…” John-John hissed as he looked up. Tiffany looked up as well and got this look of Uh-oh! on her face.

“Julia, honey, calm down.” Mrs. Jones soothed as she stepped up and rubbed her back.

“No! I need to get this off my chest… I don’t love Zach… I don’t! I can’t find it in me to love him. He doesn’t give me that feeling. But you wanna know who I do love… I love DC… I love Dmitri… Been that way since we were little.” She expressed.

John-John and Tiff looked at her with this dumbfounded look on their faces. Mrs. Jones dropped her hand and looked at her as well.

“Julia…” A deep voice behind her, called out. She stood frozen when she heard it.





Chapter End Notes:

Ha! There is another part that I am working on. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and please tell me what you all think.

A/N: This Julia's dress and shoes.

JD JS