Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
These characters are my own. The plot surrounding the bet is based off of Cruel Intentions but there are other aspects of the plot that are my own idea.



Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's the Cast


Keyana Larson


Nicholas Wilson


Ava Blake


Kim Cho




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Seduction: an act or instance of seducing, esp. sexually

---

It was simple.

It wasn’t hard or difficult.

He could make everyone fall in love with him without batting an eyelash.

He was the Greek god of his time.

He knew the right techniques to woo a girl, even a guy for that matter (if he was truly that desperate).

He knew a girl’s dislikes and likes.

He was Nicholas Wilson damn it and the Wilson boys always got what they wanted so what made him any different.

Most of all, he always succeeded.

But in the game of seduction there is only one rule: never fall in love. But then again, since when did he ever play by the rules.

And for that matter, since when did he ever have someone resist his good looks and charm.

He was:

1. Tall

2. Dark and Handsome

3. Charismatic

4. Laid Back

5. Charming

6. Lean and Muscular

7. Tan

The list could go on and on. Everything about him screamed perfection, so…

It was all so simple, right?

Right?

Wrong!

Damn that Keyana Larson!

---

And the story begins…

If you’re expecting a story where boy meets girl and they fall madly in love, this is not the story for you. This is more precious than any other love story out there. This is in fact a story where boy meets girl and it’s hate at first sight. Of course, most love stories start out that way but this story will hopefully be most memorable.

It was an ordinary day for Nicholas Wilson as he entered the cafeteria on his usual mission. Find the girl and get his money. His eyes scanned the room, looking for his target. He then smirked when he spotted her. Ava Blake. But she wasn’t alone much to his annoyance. There, sitting right beside her was Kayla Hale better known as Blondie. Nicholas’s eyes narrowed in their direction as he walked towards them. He then plastered on his charming smile as he got closer.

He nearly scoffed to himself when he noticed Kayla brighten up considerably at the sight of him and in no time she was right by his side. She clutched tightly onto his arm, smiling up at him with what she seemed to think was sexy which in reality was just plain disgusting. In fact everything about Blondie was repulsing to Nicholas. It all started with the fact that she wore too much make up which made her just look like a clown. Not to mention the way she dressed, Nicholas had to admit that Kayla was indeed hot but she was too slutty. Well, for him anyways.

From the corner of his eyes he noticed Ava looking on amusedly, laughing silently to herself.

Nicholas sent her a pleading look which only earned him a shrug and more silent laughter.

Bitch, he thought.  

He then turned to Kayla who was still clutching onto his arm.

“I have to talk to Ava. Alone. See you after school? By the football field?” Nicholas asked as he slid his finger down Kayla’s cheek who was now blushing bright red.

She nodded dazedly before snapping out of it, pecking him on the lips and turning to leave.

Nicholas let out a sigh of relief as he watched her go. He then turned to the not so attractive giggling beside him. He didn’t say anything but just glared.

When she saw this, she laughed even more before taking a deep breath.

“I’m sorry. It’s just amazing how you seem to have an effect over the female population. She asked me if she could sit here, and I couldn’t bring myself to refuse the poor girl who had nowhere to sit.”

Nicholas rolled his eyes before muttering, “Since when do you care. You wouldn’t even give a shit if she had to sit on the floor to eat lunch or in the bathroom stalls.”

“Well I care now. After all she is your new girlfriend.”

“She’s not my girlfriend,” Nicholas growled in annoyance. “It was just some stupid bet which by the way you owe me for.”

Ava lifted her thin plucked eyebrows but didn’t say anything as she turned around and opened her purse. She took out her wallet before peering inside. She grabbed out three $100 bills. He outstretched his hand, eager to take the cash. He tried to grab the cash only to have it snatched away from him.

“Uh uh uh. I just have one question, was she good in bed?” Ava asked curiously, ignoring the deep fluttering within her stomach.

Nicholas shrugged, a little annoyed.

“Ehh. I could do better. Now give me the money.”

“Here’s $300. I’ll give you the other $200 tomorrow.”

Nicholas nodded in response before asking, “So how’s it going with your guy?”

“It’s coming along fine. It just takes time. I can tell he’s beginning to feel an attraction towards me. It’s just a matter of time until I get him wrapped around my finger.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to choose another target, perhaps somebody around our age?”

Ava gasped in horror. “A Blake never admits defeat. Besides these guys are too immature for me. They’re not what I want.”

Nicholas missed the longing look Ava sent him.

“Well, I’m off to class. See you after school.”

Ava only nodded in response before waving him off.

---

Ever since Ava was a little girl, she always loved playing games, Candyland being one of her favorites. Of course that was when she was only just eight. She was big on competition. She wasn’t the type of person who liked to lose. She preferred to come out victorious. She was a winner, not a loser.

Whenever she lost against someone she would demand a rematch until she won. Not only did she like to consider herself a winner but also a girl who got what she wanted. She grew up as an only child; her parents spoiled her rotten and gave her all that she asked. If she asked for the moon there would be no doubt that they would try their hardest to give her just that. This made her the envy of all kids her age. Not only that but kids also resented her. But the moment she turned fourteen and entered high school, people started looking up to her as if she were a goddess.

That’s what attracted Ava to Nicholas, they were so alike in many ways. They were both stubborn, spoiled brats and always came out victorious. Of course they were never always close. In fact the first time Ava landed eyes on Nicholas she wasn’t in the least impressed, but maybe it was because she was only eleven and couldn’t appreciate beauty or just the male gender in general. In fact, she couldn’t help but feel a little repulsed by him. Maybe it was because he was too immature but of course that was expected of an eleven year old. But to Ava that was no excuse.

It was as she grew older that Ava began to accept the finer things. She realized just how much Nicholas and her were alike. It was by the time they entered freshman year of high school , they were practically inseparable. There was even a time where Ava had overheard her parents, before they got divorced, gossiping that they wouldn’t be surprised if they got married one day. Something Ava has been foolishly fantasizing over for the past two years.

In order to push her feelings for him aside, she like Nicholas would mess with people’s hearts and minds without so much as a thought because that’s what they did. Ava believed that she couldn’t bring herself to love another like she did Nicholas. And Nicholas…well, he was just a guy who didn’t believe in love, period. But maybe it isn’t so bad. Like Nicholas said, who needed love anyways? Love was just some stupid emotion that leaves you bitter and cold in the end, which to an extent wasn’t far from the truth.

Ava stared at the clock impatiently. She was currently in physics, a class she despised more than anything in the world other than her father’s new girlfriend. Not to mention it was the last period of the day which made it all the more worse. It felt like the day was dragging on. Ava watched as the clock struck half past two.

She impatiently tapped her pencil onto the desk. Come on. Come on, she continuously chanted in her head.

The bell rang. She sighed in relief before bolting out of the classroom. Her notebook and binder were clutched to her chest and her bag was dangling from her left arm. She made it to her locker to find Nicholas leaning against it, waiting for her. Just at the sight of him her heart skipped a beat.

Stop it, Ava berated herself. She schooled her features as she moved closer. She was even a tad bit surprise that after all these years Nicholas was still oblivious to her stupid school girl crush on him.

“Move it,” Ava ordered the moment she stopped right in front of Nicholas who was standing right in front of her locker. He only gave her a lazy grin as he stepped aside.

“What are you so happy about?” Ava asked, a little irritated not necessarily at him but the feeling that blossomed within her at the sight of that grin.

“Nothing,” Nicholas said innocently, grin still in place. “Can’t a guy just be happy when he sees his best girl friend?”

Ava ignored the butterflies in her stomach.

“Well stop it. That grin is too goddamn aggravating.” And distracting, Ava added silently.

If possible Nicholas’s grin grew wider. Ava just slammed her locker shut as she slipped on her coat.

“So what are you going to tell her?”

“What?” Nicholas asked in confusion as they exited the school.

“What are you going to tell what’s her face? What are you going to tell that girl because I have a feeling that this won’t end well.”

Nicholas scoffed at that.

“What could she possibly do except beg, plead and cry?”

“I’m just saying.”

“Remember I’ve done this before. Believe when I say that they plead, beg or cry. Except this one time when a girl got really mad and slapped me,” Nicholas said as an afterthought. “It hurt like a bitch for like a week.”

Ava rolled her eyes before latching her arm onto his left arm as they walked through the parking lot and through the crowd of people.

“Don’t worry. I’ll protect you from the big bad Blondie. I’m coming with you.”

Nicholas stopped, detaching himself from Ava.

“Oh no you don’t. You’re staying here, by the car while I handle this on my own like I do all the time.”

“Whatever,” Ava muttered turning around to leave in the opposite direction.

“I’ll meet you by the car,” Nicholas called out as Ava started her walk towards the car. She only waved him off in response.

By the time Nicholas made it to the football field, like expected Kayla was already waiting. The moment she noticed him heading her way, she waved eagerly. Nicholas rolled his eyes, something he’s been doing a lot of lately. He didn’t even know why he bothered. Maybe he should start following Ava’s path and choose someone older, wiser and more mature. Why did he always choose the less than intelligent girls?

Because they’re easy, he told himself, answering his own question.

“Hi!” Kayla greeted eagerly as she walked towards him wrapping her arms around his neck as she stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. Much to her joy, he let her. He stood stock still as she kissed him with as much passion as she could muster. He then found himself kissing back, only to have him realize what he was doing. He gently pushed her away. He watched as she lifted her fingers up to her lips, staring at him dazedly. It was a shame that he had to wipe off that goofy smile.

When she noticed his sober expression, she took his hand before peering up at him through her blond bangs.

“Are you okay? I was thinking that maybe we could go catch a movie or maybe,” Kayla trailed off when she noticed Nicholas shaking his hand. “We could grab a bite to eat,” she finished lamely as she let go of his hand.

Nicholas took a deep breath, trying to think of the right words to say.

“You’re a great girl, really. But I just don’t see this going anywhere. We’re different, you and I. We have absolutely nothing in common. Can you honestly tell me that we’re meant for each other?”

“Yes I can,” Kayla replied without so much as a hesitation. “I can prove you wrong. If you give me a chance, I can show you that we’re meant for each other.”

Then she leaned in closer, “Didn’t any of those nights mean anything to you?”

Nicholas didn’t respond. As coldhearted as it sounded, he couldn’t bring himself to feel bad as he noticed the hurt and puppy dog look she was giving him. It was actually kind of pathetic.

“If it means anything to you, it was good while it lasted. You’ll find plenty of others guys out there who are meant for you,” and just when he was about to leave, her hand flew out and slapped him across the face.

“You’re a bastard, do you know that?” Kayla said, tears welling up in her eyes. “You’re a coldhearted bastard and I hope you rot in hell.”

And without so much as a glance back, she walked right past him, shoving him in the process. He winced in pain as he rubbed his cheek.

“She sure as hell knows how to hit,” Nicholas muttered to himself as he glanced one last time at the football field before turning around and walking towards the car where he knew Ava was waiting for him.

“How did it go?” Ava asked the moment Nicholas hopped into the car. Nicholas noticed her grey eyes twinkle in amusement.

“Did she give you that?” Ava asked gesturing to his now red cheek. She leaned over, getting a better look. She tentatively touched her fingers to his cheek which made him flinch. “Stay still.”

“Your hands are freaking cold.”

Ava rolled her eyes as she sat back in her seat.

“You’re a big baby.”

“Whatever,” Nicholas muttered. “Just drive.”






Chapter End Notes:
Hope you guys enjoyed enough to review. It'll help me figure out whether I should continue this. Thanks for reading. Until next time...