Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


*2 years later*

The audience cheered as Oprah came out onstage for her show. She smiled as she saw the women scream, cheer and even cry. This happened to her everyday but it all still seemed new to her.

"Hello!"she said excitedly to the crowd. She hugged some women and shook hands and when they all calmed down, the audience took their seats.

"Welcome to the show!"she said with a smile."Today is Oprah Book Club Day and we have the Book of the Month and the author of the book is here to talk about it herself"she said and the audience clapped."This book has reached the 1 million sales mark this week and the author is only 25 years old.Lets bring her out, the writer of the #1 New York Times Best Selling Novel,"Rumors". Here is Paris Madison!"she said and the audience cheered

*______________________*

"Wow it's good to be home"Justin said happily as he and his mom walked into his house."I haven't been here in more than a year"

"You've been busy baby"Lynn said as she put her purse down on the couch and sat down."It looks clean thank goodness"

"Yeah"he said as he sat down on the big comfy couch.Lynn turned on the tv and she started flipping through some channels.He just came back from overseas.His new movie, "Edison", did really well in the States and they had just premiered it overseas. They were expecting the same success over there also.He had a month off,which was a first in a long time,and then he was going to go back into the studio to work on the new *NSYNC album.He couldn't wait to get back together with the boys again.He sat there in a daydream until he heard his mother gasp.

"What?Whats wrong?"he asked,then he looked at the tv and gasped,"Paris?"he said

*________________________*

"Mom,calm down.My hair is fine"Paris said with a laugh as she waited backstage.She couldn't believe that her book was selected as Oprah's Book Of The Month.Just two years ago,she was going through the hardest times of her life and now she was considered a millionaire.

"I'm just trying to help you"Francine said as she brushed her hair and sprayed it with hairspray. "Its not everyday that you get to be interviewed by Oprah on national television"she said excitedly

"I know Mom"Paris said as she heard Oprah do her introduction,"Oh Mom…shes saying the introduction.That's me!"she said excitedly

"Break a leg baby"Francine said as she kissed Paris on the cheek.She was really proud of her.Paris hugged her back,she was thankful that she had her by her side.She wouldn't be able to do this alone.

"Paris Madison!"Oprah shouted and the audience cheered.Paris took a deep breath and walked onstage.She was shocked to see the audience cheer for her and Oprah standing there smiling.She went up to Oprah and hugged her and sat down. She was smiling from ear to ear and when the audience calmed down Oprah started the interview.

"Paris Madison everybody.Wow you are a very beautiful young woman,lets give her another hand"Oprah said.Paris blushed,Francine had good taste.She helped her pick out her outfit and it was a light olive green silk top with a matching skirt and heels.

"Thank you so much"Paris said

"Well first of all,I want to say congratulations"Oprah said,"This is your first published novel and its now a New York Times Best Seller.How do you feel?"she asked

"Its so surreal.To think that a few years ago I was just another working class citizen in LA"she said with a smile,"I'm still speechless about this really"

"Now I always say this to everyone that comes on my show.Singers,actors,etc…how did you know that you wanted to write romance novels?"

"Well I have to say its always been in me"Paris said,"I mean I wasn't a normal child who read Winnie The Pooh.I was reading romance novels when I was little.That's how I learned how to read and I never really watched cartoons.I always watched Young and the Restless with my mother.It was more interesting for me.I also feel that romance is in my blood due to me being an Aquarius. Aquarian's are hopeless romantics at heart and what better way to write about but romance?"she said

"So why are Aquarian's considered the romantics?"Oprah asked,"I do hear that a lot"

"Well the most important thing is that Valentine's Day is during the period of Aquarius?"Paris said simply

"Well of course,never really thought about that"Oprah said,"So lets talk about the book.You say that its your `baby',explain that"

"Well of course its my baby cuz its my first.And no one knows this until now,but it's a true story"

"Really?"Oprah said

"Well `Rumors' is really about me falling in love with a celebrity.It actually happened and I changed the names around for obvious reasons but Nadia is the character that totally represented me.Every character in the book was someone that I encountered in my life,but just with different names"

"Wow,so you totally put your business out on the street"Oprah said,"So tell us what the book is about for people who haven't read it.I read it and it was very good,very intriguing"

"Thank you"she said with a smile and then took a deep breath to explain,"Well `Rumors' is a true story about a tabloid writer that falls in love with a celebrity.Once the two start to get to know each other,its harder for the tabloid writer to tell the celeb the truth and the secret somehow gets out"

"So how much is the story true?"

"Well in the book,sorry to ruin the ending,but it's a happy ending.In real life, I had no happy ending"she said

The audience "awwed" in sympathy.Oprah grabbed her hand,"Well I'm sorry to hear that Paris.Now beside your troubles with your celeb boyfriend, you were also going through other troubles and they are all expressed in the book.Now that the world knows that its all true, why put it out there?"

"Well a person that I know has said write what you know.And all of this happened when I was writing it.I felt that getting over the hurt and the pain would be better if I write about it. Whenever I had problems I would always turn to my diary and write it down because that's just how I deal"she said,"I'm not ashamed of writing about the truth because I need to start telling the truth.The main reason why I lost him was because I didn't tell him the truth.And even though it hurt me I can understand why he left me.However,to this day,there is not a day that goes by when I don't think of him"she said

"Wow,that sounds like something out of a romance novel.So, many people can relate to this book?"

"Yeah you don't have to date a celebrity to relate to this book.There are many plots and storyline's that I incorporated.I mean a lot of people have lied to their partners and lost them over it, many have been cheated on, many were stuck in a job that they were just doing for the paycheck, many feel alone in the world because they lose contact with people they love, like friends and family and that all happens in my book"

"Now you talk about your mother in the book. That's true that you both didn't have a close relationship?"

"Yes that's true"

"She wouldn't let you call her mother?"

"Yeah that's true because she felt that she wasn't ready to be called that.Her character's name is Maxine and she explains it in the book as well.I don't want to give too much away"she said and laughed

"Does your mother mind that you put her business out there?"

"No,actually we are very close now and shes ok with it.Shes been with me every step of the way and I can call her mother now"she said with a smile

The audience clapped,"That's remarkable"Oprah said,"There's nothing like a reunion between mother and daughter"she said,"But here's a question that is now burning in everyone's brain….who was the celeb that you dated?"Oprah asked her

*_____________________*

"Justin, I'm going crazy right?"Lynn asked as they both stared at the television,"It cant….it cant be her"she said as they watched Paris sit down.

"Its her"Justin said as he watched her. They both listened and was shocked to hear that Paris was now an actual romance novelist. Who would have thought?

"She looks beautiful"Lynn said,"She still looks the same"

Justin looked at the television sadly,he watched as Paris tilted her head to the side as she listened to Oprah talk,she always did the same when he talked to her. He watched as she always tucked a small strand of her hair behind her right ear.He saw her beautiful smile and watched as she crossed her legs, he missed those legs….

"….who was the celeb you dated?"Oprah asked. Justin looked up,she wasn't going to tell was she?

The audience cheered egging her on,all of them wanted to know.Paris smiled and blushed a little,but she shook her head,"No I cant tell you.The only person who knows is my mother and a close friend of mine.But I want to keep that part of me sacred.I don't like to talk about things I don't want to talk about.Due to the fact that he may be upset if I even utter his name but mostly because when I was a tabloid writer,I had to write lies about a celeb about twice a week"

"So you quit?"

"Yeah I couldn't do it anymore.And he showed me that I was just writing for the paycheck and after I quit,my mom and I got closer.We both struggled because we both were unemployed.Two years ago I struggled"

"What kind of struggles did you go through?"Oprah asked.Justin watched as Paris looked up and then down again,that was also something that she did when something upset her.

"Ugh….well I lost my apartment due to the fact that I couldn't pay for it. I had to work at Hooters since no one else would hire me.I didn't have any experience except for writing.So I moved in with my mother,but she was struggling too and soon we were kicked out of her house.We lived in a shelter for a few months…."she said,then she sighed.Justin sighed as her eyes started to get watery,but she continued. "But then a friend of mine who worked at Hooters….she gave me a number to someone who knew a publisher and the rest is history but yeah I struggled.There were days when me and my mom woke up and we both just wanted to die"

Justin sighed,he didn't know that Paris went through that.He felt so guilty.He threw her out in the street,he was just like Sean.Even though she lied….it didn't do what he did any justice at all.He couldn't listen anymore.

"You want me to turn it off baby?"Lynn asked,she could see that he was very uncomfortable

"No"he said as the audience laughed at something Oprah said,he saw that Paris was laughing too,her face was lit up,she looked beautiful.He missed her,he still loved her….he couldn't watch this anymore,this was like torture.He stood up

"Where you going?"Lynn asked,"I can turn it off-"

"No,you can watch it if you want.I just…I need to unpack"

"Honey that's what you pay Jose for"Lynn said with a small smile

"Mom,you never raised me to not do things that I can do on my own.Why pay someone else?That's what you have always said right?"

Lynn smiled,"Right"she said

"I have nothing else to do anyways"he said as he went upstairs.Lynn sighed and changed the channel,she knew that he was upset.He hasn't been in this house since the incident and she knows that this place was still full of Paris' memory. Even though she hated Paris for what she did to Justin,she knows that he still loves her.And she can understand why.

*_______________________*

"Thank you Jose,but I can take it from here"Justin said to him,he gave him a huge tip anyway and he left the room.Its been so long since he slept in this room,he looked at the bed with the silky white sheets and remembered all the nights that Paris had laid with him there.He saw something that caught his eye and walked over to his nightstand.It was a picture of him,Paris and Baby.It was the day that she first got the puppy,it seemed like they were a happy family.He sighed and put it down, he knew he should throw it away, that was all done.Over.Gone.But he still couldn't let go.

He sat on the edge of his bed and opened up one of his suitcases.He picked something out of it when he heard a voice call his name."Yeah?I'm here"he said loudly

"There you are babe"Paris said happily as she ran into the room and jumped onto the bed. Baby followed her.

"Hey baby"he said as she sat behind him and put her arms around his neck.He smiled

"You excited?"she asked him

"I'm always excited when you touch me"he said with a wicked smirk

"No stupido"she said with a laugh,"Are you excited about going to New York?"she asked him

"Of course.I love it there and I'm gonna be doing what I love while I'm at it"he said,he turned to her,"Your coming right?"

Paris' smile faded a little when he asked that,but then she smiled a little,"Well I don't know.I'm working on it"

"Whats there to `work on'?"he asked her,"You ask your boss, she says yes,you pack and leave with me"

"But your leaving Thursday.I know I cant leave Thursday.The earliest is Friday afternoon"she said,"But I would love to come.Ive never been on the East Coast.Ive never been to the Big Apple.It will be exciting"she said and soon her award winning smile was back in effect.

"I'll take you shopping on Fifth Avenue,ride in a horse-drawn carriage in Central Park,take a cruise around the city,see a Broadway show,eat a five star meal-"

"Justin,don't get ahead of yourself.I'll be there with you for two days tops and you'll be working"

"So…there will be time for us.I'll make time"he said and smiled at her

"Ok"she said,she smiled at him,"Ok continue"

"Continue what?"

"You left off at eating a five star meal"

"Oh yeah"he said,"Oh go ice skating in Rockefeller Center-"

"Its July stupido!"she said and laughed

"Ok well you can still skate stupido!"he said and laughed,"Stop interrupting me,what else can we do…."he said,then he smiled at her,"Oh and of course we will stay in a 5 star hotel and….do each other"

"How charming!How romantic!"Paris said and laughed,"We'll `do' each other!Great and romantic choice of words!"she said as she laid down next to him

"You know you wanna"he said as he leaned over her and started tickling her

She started laughing hysterically,"Justin! Stop! Justin! Justin!"she kept saying over and over

"Justin….Justin!JUSTIN"came a voice.Justin shook his head a little and looked around the room. Paris and Baby were gone.Lynn took their place.He had a flashback but it felt so real

"Are you ok?"she asked him,"I called your name like 6 times"

"Sorry,a little out of it"he said

"JC called.He said call him back when your free"

"Ok"he said sadly

"Are you sure your ok?"she asked him

"Yeah…jet lag…"he said,"That's all"he said as he took out one of the shirts and set it on the bed beside him

"Alright,well make sure to get some rest then"she said to him and left the room and closed the door

He shook his head,he swore that she was here.He could have sworn that it was all real.But it wasn't.It was the past.2 years ago.He still thought about her,he still missed her,he still loved her.But why did she have to lie and hurt him?

He didn't want to and he didn't mean to,but a tear fell down his cheek.Soon even more came. There were so many emotions swimming in his head,but it was mostly a mixture of missing Paris and also feeling hurt from her as well.He couldn't help it but he laid down on his bed and broke down.

*______________________*

Lynn walked toward her room and passed Justin's room on the way.She heard a sound from his room and leaned against the door to hear.He was crying.She knew why.He still loved her,she knew it.Now she really knew that this girl was different than the others.Her motherly instinct told her to knock on the door,"Justin?"she asked and walked in.She saw him lying on the bed with his hands over his face."Baby?Whats wrong?"

He sat up and he looked devastated.It took her back to about ten years ago when Justin found out that the MMC was canceled.It also took her back to two years ago when he first found out what Britney had done.She hated seeing him like this.

"Mom?"he said,she walked over to the bed and laid next to him

"Its ok huney,cry it out.Just cry it all out"she said as she held her baby boy close to her as she rocked him

"I miss her"was all he could say

"Shhhh"she said,"Just cry it all out…."she said

*_____________________*

"Well that's a breathtaking story"Oprah said,"I'm so glad that you and your mother have been together through those hard times"

"Me too.I couldn't have done any of this alone"Paris said

"Your mother is backstage right?"Oprah asked her

"Yeah she is,she had to see her baby girl be on Oprah"Paris said with a laugh

"Alright lets bring her out!Come on out Mom!"Oprah said as she stood up.Francine came out excitedly and ran to Oprah and hugged her

"I love you!"Francine said excitedly.Paris laughed,she was acting like a crazed cheerleader on crack cocaine again,just like when she first met Justin."I watch your show everyday!"Francine said to her

"Why thank you"Oprah said as she hugged Francine.Once she was calmed down,she sat next to Paris,"You have a lovely and talented daughter and you are lovely yourself"

"Oh stop!"Francine said with a laugh."But yes I have a beautiful and talented daughter and I am very proud of her"

"So what is mother doing while her child is being a bestseller?"

"I travel with her whenever I can.I am currently taking classes for business,starting my life over really and I am managing a small boutique in LA"she said with a smile

"So I'm guessing that both of you are happy now"

"Yes much happier than two years ago"she said

Soon there was only a few minutes left in the show,"Alright before we go.I have a gift for everyone in the audience.You all have a copy of `Rumors' under your seat and a $50 gift certificate to any Barnes and Noble to keep your reading skills flowing!"Oprah said excitedly.The audience cheered as all of them reached under their seats and picked up a copy of the book and an envelope

"Alright Paris,Francine,I wanna thank you both for coming to the show.Come back anytime,before we go….are you going to try to top `Rumors' with your next project?"

"Oh yes of course"Paris said with a smile,"The next story is called `Heartbeat' and it should be released by the end of this year or January at the latest"she said

"We will be looking forward to that"Oprah said,"Thank you two again for coming and we will see you all tomorrow!"Oprah said as the theme music came on and the audience stood up and cheered as the credits rolled.

*_______________________*