Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

The song is not mine belongs to The Dave Matthews Band.

 





Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Wanna pack your bags, Something small 
Take what you need and we disappear 
Without a trace we'll be gone, gone 

Taking in the sounds of the ocean Christian snuggled up behind Gabi. She was in a facility on the beach, trying to deal with her issues. Christian relocated the family there so that she could get the help she needed and that she wouldn’t be alone.

The moon and the stars can follow the car 
and then when we get to the ocean 

 “Do you think I’ll ever get better?”She whispered. 

Kissing her hair Christian sighed. “Yeah, you know why?” Turning her head she looked up at him with uncertain eyes. “Why?” 

“Because you’re not alone in this. I’ll stay for as long as I need to help you get better.”

“Can we go away?”She asked turning her focus back to the water.

We gonna take a boat to the end of the world 
All the way to the end of the world 

“What you want to pack a bag and disappear?” Christian laughed.

“Yeah, I want to get away from all of this. You, me and the baby. Our baby.” The words were said with such wonderment that Christian could do no more that tear up at her words. This was the first time in a long time that she acknowledged Xander as her, let alone their child. It was a sign that she was getting better and he could only count his blessings.

Oh, and when the kids are old enough 
We're gonna teach them to fly 

 “Do you think he’ll ever forgive me?”  Christian gave her a confused stare. “Who?”

“Judah. I know that he’d be disappointed in me. He was so happy that he was going to be a big brother; he couldn’t wait.” She said with a small smile.

“I know.”

You and me together
We can do anything baby
You and me together

It was still hard to talk about him but it was getting easier.

“Do you think Xander will remember this? I know he’s newborn but he can feel you know? Do you think he felt my resentment?” Gabi was no longer looking at Christian but rather staring out at the crashing waves.    

We can always look back
At what we did

Choosing his words carefully Christian responded. “I think, that as long you try to get better that both Judah and Xander will be proud of you. I know I’m proud. I will  never leave you alone.  I’m in this with you.  I know that we can get through this, the two of us together- shit Gab’s we can do anything as long as we never let go.

something smalll, told her at least, the end of the world