Sam/Tara: Volume II: Lives Anew by QueenMojo
Summary:

This story picks up right after Volume I: Never Too Late as Sam and Tara begin their lives together with new adventures in store for them. This AU is based on the HBO series True Blood

~ LIVES ANEW ~

stories/967/images/tara-sam-kiss-bar.PNG

XOXOX


Categories: Primetime Television Characters: Tara Thornton
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: Male/Female
Warnings: Adult Situations, Extreme Language, Strong Sexual Content , Un-betaed
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 32563 Read: 73419 Published: January 14 2011 Updated: May 17 2015

1. Chapter 1 - Tears of Joy by QueenMojo

2. Chapter 2 - Morning Shift by QueenMojo

3. Chapter 3 - Staking Claim by QueenMojo

4. Chapter 4 - Distracted by QueenMojo

5. Chapter 5 - Apologies and Chances Lost by QueenMojo

6. Chapter 6 - Long Overdue by QueenMojo

7. Chapter 7 - Open For The Holidays by QueenMojo

8. Chapter 8 - Forgive by QueenMojo

9. Chapter 9 - Prayers Answered by QueenMojo

10. Chapter 10 - Tree House by QueenMojo

11. Chapter 11 - One Damn Parody by QueenMojo

12. Chapter 12 - Pellows Island by QueenMojo

13. Chapter 13 - Resplendent Island Skies by QueenMojo

14. Chapter 14 - Flight Back by QueenMojo

15. Chapter 15 - Watched by QueenMojo

16. Chapter 16 - Home Sweet by QueenMojo

Chapter 1 - Tears of Joy by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: MA, mature situations, sexual content, profane language. Disclaimer: Everything belongs to Alan Ball, HBO, Charlaine Harris and such. Just my spin on things. That's all. Purely for entertainment purposes. Nothing else. Author's Notes: Hope you'll enjoy the start of the new segment filled with new adventures and fun. Sorry for the long wait. Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading.

CHAPTER 1: Tears of Joy

 

It was as if everyone had their bladders at their eyes the night they were all gathered in Marvin and Morgan's living room. Even Sam, typically a strong silent manly type, the type who never openly displayed his emotion was showing yet another side of him. A side that Tara had never seen before but now appreciated and treasured.

When they both ended their long kiss, Tara opened her eyes and saw that not only did she have tears rolling down her cheeks, so did he.

“Sam, you're crying.” Tara remarked cupping her soft hands over his wet cheeks.

He did not try to hide it nor did he act embarrassed. No longer was there a need to pretend. No longer was there a need to lie. Finally, he could be his true self around the one he loved. The expressions in his eyes showed her all this and she didn't know it was possible, but found herself falling in love with him all over again.

“It's the happiest day in my life.”

And that he was, happy.

As though a tremendous weight had been lifted, he wrapped his arms securely around her thighs and picked her up high, reminiscent of the time she first told him “I love you” on the dance floor at club Assassin. As he looked up at her smiling face, dark dreams of losing her were now a thing of the past. Setting her back down on her feet, he kissed her and said, “I love you Tara. I love you.”

“Heheee. Look deh, big man like yu a bawl.” Marvin said lumbering over to where they stood. Giving Sam a big albeit playful slap on the back caused him to stagger. Giggling, Tara had no alternative but to step aside and give the boys some room.

“Oh shut up. You shouldn't even talk. Don't think I didn't notice you and Martin wringing out your handkerchiefs over there moments ago.” Sam laughed wiping his eyes.

“I so was not crying.” Martin interjected with his hands set vehemently on his hips and his face set serious as a judge.

“Oh? So what is dat yu have balled up in yu hand?” Marvin chuckled while pointing at his twin's hand.

“Mi hankie. So?” Martin answered with a straight face then with said hankie dabbed his eyes once more. Needless to say his theatrics had everyone roaring in laughter.

At a distance Tara stood laughing at them. Just like in the picture hanging on Aunt Vie's wall, there was Sam standing in between the twins with his arms slung around their necks. Brothers they were. All three. Seeing him surrounded by people who loved him unconditionally, filled her with gladness.

Meeting Tara near the picture window, Morgan said, “finally he came out huh.”

“Yeah. Finally. But look at him. Look how happy he is. I've never seen him this way before.” Tara said smiling while she watched him lifting up Aunt Vie.

“True. So true.” Morgan giggled on seeing him spin Aunt Vie around.

Tara turned around and looked out the large glass window. Watching a blond woman in her black track suit jog by with her yellow ponytail swinging side to side made her think of Sookie. It took her a long time to understand why Sookie was so head-over-heels crazy for that vampire called Bill, but, whenever he came around Merlotte's, he'd look at her golden haired friend as if she was the only woman in the world. This then made her think that perhaps there was more to Bill Compton than meets the eye. That perhaps vampires are capable of loving. If Sookie could get past Bill's cold skin and sharp fangs all because of love, then Tara could more than accept Sam for all that he is, which was what she did.

Morgan looked out the window before moving her gaze onto Tara. Just from seeing the side of her face she could tell that there was something else gnawing at her and having been in similar shoes, she knew there could only be one burning question in her mind.

“You are wondering about seeing him change.” Morgan stated.

“Yes. I am. Were you scared when you saw Marvin shift for the very first time?” Tara calmly asked.

“The very first time was in this room the day I came back into his life. At first I was startled but when I looked into his eyes, I saw only him. When he shifted, it's hard to discribe, it was...beautiful.” Morgan said smiling with a sparkle in her hazel eyes. Even the tiny freckles dusted across her cheeks seemed to dance.

Giving Tara a sideways hug, Morgan chuckled and said, “Don't worry Tara. It will be alright. You'll see.”

Confiding in Morgan always did make her feel better. There were times when she'd ask her out of the blue what's it like living with a shape shifter. “Haven't you noticed. The sex is fucking great.” she remembered innocent looking Morgan saying to her over mugs of coffee when they once met at a cafe. The sex part, how could Tara not agree.

Don't get her wrong but Tara did have heart-to-heart talks about Sam with Sookie. Sookie knew all about her crush and falling in love with him. During their breaks, they'd share events of their dates. But there were other things she didn't feel it was in her place to disclose to Sookie. For instance about him being a supernatural or that he grew up with the Thompsons. She felt those two things were his and his alone to reveal to anyone else in his own good time.

For the past few months of dating Sam, she'd turned to Morgan for advice and was glad for her guidance and support. Since meeting her at the club, it didn't take long to regard her as a friend. They had lots of things in common. They both liked to sew and had similar taste in movies, books, music and general outlook on life. Most of all, they both dated shape shifters.

“Hey, come with me to the fabric outlet store. They're having a huge sale. It's only ten minutes from here.” Morgan said when they turned back around. She knew how much Tara loved to sew.

“Sure. Actually I do have a few things I've been wanting to get. How about we go on my day off this Saturday?” Tara face lighted up.

“OK. Meet me here after lunch and I'll take you” Morgan said smiling. Meanwhile Aunt Vie began to make her way over to them.

“Here sweetie, it's for you.” She said to Morgan handing her the cordless phone.

“Thanks Auntie.” Morgan took the phone and made a bee-line for the bedroom away from the laughter and noise.

When Morgan disappeared down the hall way, Aunt Vie said, “I've known her since she was a likkle ting. She's like a daughter to me. Lord knows she's been through a lot. I'm just glad she's here with us, that she and Marvin are back together again.”

It wasn't so much what she said, but there was something else in Aunt Vie's voice that stood out and had Tara's wheels turning. Knowing that this was certainly not the time to stir things up and start asking questions, Tara decided to let this go, for now at least.

“Yu know what? You are di bes' ting that has ever happened to Sam. Thank you for coming into his life.” Aunt Vie said turning to Tara. She looked up into Tara's eyes and smiled warmly then gave her an equally warm hug. Touched and totally at sea for words, Tara hugged the dainty woman right back.

Sam finally broke away from the twins and went over to join Tara. Standing beside her, he held her hand. They both spoke a little with Aunt Vie before she clapped her hands and said out loud, “Come on guys, let's eat” then rushed off to the kitchen.

“Hey Tara, I'm setting a place for you right next to me. Yu stayin' right?” Marvin called in her direction while he cleared the dining table.

“Yes she is staying.” Sam piped in before she could answer.

“But, I have to get back, Arlene...” Tara began saying as she looked at Sam.

“Hush now. You don't worry about Arlene. Besides, Matt was already on his way to the bar after you'd left.” Sam said hugging her and planting a kiss on her head.

“OK. I'll stay. Besides I'm famished. I haven't had a thing since going to the dentist.”

“Mmmm, mmmm, something sure smells good!” Tara cried out above everyone else then headed for the kitchen.

***


Two hours later.

“Thanks again Aunt Vie for the lovely dinner and see y'all Sunday.” Tara shouted waving to Aunt Vie, the twins and Morgan who were gathered on the porch. Holding hands with Sam, they both made their way to their cars parked out front.

“Hey Merlat, remember to wear yu pants wid elastic waist.” Marvin laughing shouted at Sam referring to the up coming Thanksgiving Sunday dinner at Aunt Vie's.

“I guess I'll have to borrow one of yours.” Sam retorted with one arm around Tara's shoulder as they both neared their cars.

After everyone exchanged their final goodbyes and the four finally filed back into the house leaving Sam and Tara alone outside, Sam said to Tara while closing her car door once she was properly seated and belted behind the wheel,

“Pity we have to head back in separate vehicles.”

“Sam, it's only a thirty minute drive. I think we should be able to survive being away from each other that long.” Tara winked at him throwing the ignition key.

“Have I told you lately how beautiful you are?” Sam said leaning on her window with his face just inches from hers while Tara's engine hummed.

“Everyday, handsome. Everyday.” Tara replied softly then kissed him on his lips.

Reluctantly breaking away, Sam said, “See you at the trailer” then hopped into his '68 and turned over his engine.

***


Leaning against the pinto, Tara and Sam kissed like there was no tomorrow. He held his woman securely in his arms and as he did so, gone were those dark clouds of despair and hopelessness.

Finally coming up for air, they hugged for a while under the bright flood lights, his trailer just steps away.

“How do you feel now that you've told me?” Tara asked with her cheek on his chest.

“Like the world is no longer ending.”

Then he told her about the dream he had when they were at the inn and how for months it had been plaguing him to tell her his secret but couldn't for fear of losing her.

“Tara, I don't know if I could ever go on without you had you..” Sam trailed off.

Tara looked up into his eyes and lightly put a finger to his firm lips.

“Shh...baby, never talk that way, ever”, then she gave him an unexpected good pinch on the meatiest part of his arm.

“Owwww! What was that for?” He yelled out pulling his arm away.

“For tailing me on the highway. You thought I was going to take off, didn't you?” She said folding her arms under her breasts.

“No. I never thought such a thing. Jeez, I wasn't even driving that close behind you” He replied rubbing the sting out of his arm.

“Dude! You were all up under my bumper and shit. The whole time too. From the time we left Marvin's house until we got here.” She said with her eyes narrowing.

“Hmm, I would love to be up under your bumper.” Sam growled twirling her around, holding her by her hips and pulling her backside up against his erection.

Not that she was complaining, but, she always wondered about that, his ability to be turned on so readily, whether it had anything to do with him being a shifter. Reserving her questions for later, she had a score to settle.

Pinch.

“Owww! Do you mind not doing that!” Sam cried out again, this time rubbing the other arm.

“And THAT was for scaring the hell out of me phoning me sounding all serious and shit. Man, I thought something bad had happened.” Tara scolded referring to his call earlier telling her to immediately meet him at Marvin's house.

“How else was I to ...Tara.” Sam said with a pleading look in his eyes.

“Hey, I'm just kidding.” Tara giggled playfully slapped his shoulder.

“Oh are ya now?”

Sam picked her up clean off the ground and hiked her small frame high over his broad shoulders. Tara, kicking, laughing while yelling in vain, “hey put me down”, was then carried up the steps of his porch and straight into his trailer where he held her captive until the the next morning.

***


1:45 AM.

“Sweet mercy! So that's what conscience-free sex feels like!” Tara exclaimed breathing heavily rolling onto her back six orgasms later.

“Sometimes you say the darnedest things.” Sam said lying on his back on crumpled sheets. Feeling a little drained he weakly chuckled and closed his eyes with one hand under his head.

They basked in their after-glow with thin veils of sweat on their bodies from making love all night long.

“No, seriously. This time around it felt...different.” Tara said turning onto her side to face him.

“Different? How so?” Sam felt it too, but still asked turning his head in her direction and popping his eyes open and looked at her.

“It felt like that time in the fields right after our picnic...except...more intense.” Tara ran her hand over his chest.

Turning on his side to face her, he weaved his fingers through hers.

“Hmm, I could never forget something that beautiful as was last night...and this morning. I want us to do that again. Make love in the outdoors. What do you say?” Sam buried his face in the side of her neck making her smile.

“Maybe... Oh, OK why not. As long as it doesn't involve people within feet of us.”

Tara wasn't into any voyeuristic shit and thought that their lovemaking was something special and should be kept private, not for any Tom Dick or Harry to see. As she reflected on that day, them making love underneath the pale blue sky with no one around and feeling euphoric, uninhibited and free, she thought that maybe another picnic was long overdue.

“Outdoor sex and having sex in public are two different things.”

“I know silly. Just making my point clear. No people around. Period. I'm not having another 'breakfast at Jameson Inn' incident, please.”

“Aww, come on. No one saw.” Sam ran a finger along her smooth arm sending sweet chills through her.

“But what if we were caught? You know how fast news travel in this town. Yes, it was nail-bitingly thrilling and exciting, but, I don't think I could do something like that again.”

“No?”

“No.”

“Not ever?”

“Not ever wanting-to-go-to-jail ever, no..”

“OK.” We'll see.

Switching topics, Sam asked her how she knew so much about shape shifters.

“For years I heard rumors about the existence of supernaturals until I met Abe.”

Abe, the man she met while volunteering at a nursing home four years ago told her her all there was to know about shifters, well, almost.

She began her story about Abe. Of how he was once an upstanding doctor, happily married to his high school sweet heart for fifteen glorious years. Martha, his psychologist wife, and he a surgeon, had both delayed starting a family to build their careers. Their sizable incomes was reflected in their lifestyle. Expensive cars, sprawling mansion, vacation homes, the works. Until one day his wife said she wanted them to have a baby. So, he told her that he was a shifter and should they have a baby, warned of the likelihood of it becoming one like him. She took the news badly. In a frightful rage, she packed her things and left him not even looking back once.

Divorced, alone and depressed, he turned to the bottle, made mistakes on the operating table and got slapped with medical lawsuits. Losing his practice and license wasn't nearly as devastating as losing his Martha. Well, so he thought until one horrible night it all came crashing in. Driving drunk, he lost control and ended up thrown from his car when it smashed head on into a tree. A broken back and damaged retinas later landed him in the very hospital he once practiced out of. The hospital was gracious enough to waive his bills but no matter what they did, they couldn't give him his mobility nor his sight back. A blind paraplegic for the rest of his life, he checked himself into Vaughn Nursing Home where Tara volunteered reading to the residents.

“Sam, I cried after he told me his story. To have everything one day and then lose it all in a flash. All because he told the truth.”

“What happened after that?”

“A few years later, he moved out of the home. He learned to read braille and went back into the medical profession as a lead researcher at Murphy University in Ohio. He re-married and now has two kids.”

“Kids! Wow! But does his present wife know?”

“Beverly, yes. He told her everything on their second date. Turned out that her best friend is a werewolf so she was cool with it.”

Then there was a long pause. Sam remained silent with a distant look on his face until Tara finally broke the silence.

“Baby...why the long face? I'm sorry if the story made you sad, but, at least it had a happy ending.”

“It was quite a story. I'm glad you shared it with me and that everything worked out in the end for Abe. Just that... Are you mad at me for not telling you from the beginning?”

“Sam, I'm not mad at you. I perfectly understand what you were going through. I was tempted to ask you myself but I wanted you to come out and say it on your own."

“Thank you...for being patient, understanding, for loving me.”

“Oh Sam, I should be the one thanking you, for all you've done. For making me the happiest woman alive.”

****

Chapter 2 - Morning Shift by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: MA+, mature situations, strong sexual content, profane language. Disclaimer: Everything belongs to Alan Ball, HBO, Charlaine Harris and such. Just my spin on things. That's all. Purely for entertainment purposes. Nothing else. Author's Notes: Hope you'll enjoy this. Comments are welcomed. Thanks for reading.

 


CHAPTER 2: Morning Shift


 


After Tara told Sam about Abe, he knew all too well what it was like living with secrets and what it was like being abandoned. He then told her about the day he found out he was a shifter and how his adoptive parents left him for good without so much as saying goodbye. As he visualized a man in a wheelchair, he felt that there was no telling what he would've done had he lost his Tara over something like this, which was why he told her his secret in front of people whom he cared about. 


When he was through telling his tale, he held her close and looked into her dark brown eyes and saw all the love, tenderness and understanding staring right back at him. “I'll never leave you”, she said with absolute certainty. Even though deep down he already knew this, somehow hearing her say those words cleansed him of all the years of hurt, shame and fear.


Closing their eyes, they slept and dreamed of a bright future together.


 ***




Hours later, as the sun slowly rose above the tree tops, a golden hue stretched across the land far and wide revealing everything in its sight. Robin redbreasts came out of hiding and chirped vibrantly announcing the start of a brand new day. Sam was the first to come out of a restful slumber. He smiled blissfully upon the very first thing to grace his eyes. Tara. His obsession. His love. His everything.


Gingerly turning on his side, he silently watched her as she slept sweetly and soundly. He studied every slope and curve of her beautiful face, sensuous neck and sexy body. Her smooth flawless brown skin was rich and magnetic he wanted to touch, to feel, to embrace. It was hard for him to resist the urge to gather her into his arms, cradle her and enjoy her warmth, her scent, her being. Instead, he allowed his sweet angel to rest some more, the woman who brought him out of a dark and lonely existence and filled his life with love, hope and happiness.


Moments later, her soft brown eyes slowly opened and met his sapphire blues. He, the only man who found a way into the very depths of her troubled soul and unlocked the doors and filled her with a warm bright wondrous light. He, the only one who brought out emotions she never knew she had. Because of him, she found love. Because of him, her world was now complete. Reaching out, she parted his bangs with her slender fingers. His firm red lips dying to be pressed up against her perfectly shaped small soft lips whispered, “I love you.”


She kissed him softly and tenderly, he kissed her back with a burning passion leaving her wanting more. Parting her lips his tongue plunged deep into her mouth exploring and discovering a taste of pure sweet desire. Shifting his body on top of hers, he placed one hand behind her head, the other on the bed while he continued kissing and enjoying her mouth.


With one knee, he gently nudged her legs apart and pressed his raging erection against her inner thigh. She gasped lightly feeling his throbbing hard rod inch closer and closer to her swollen welcoming moist opening. Trailing his kisses from her delicious lips down her neck, chest, then breasts, he sucked on her taut nipples one at a time igniting the flames of passion that then raged throughout her entire body. Warm juices pooled at her pleasure zone waiting to be used. Pulling away from her delectable sensitive full breasts, he stared into her chocolate eyes with a hunger and a need that made her heart skip a beat.


He then entered her hot inviting body with a considerate slow determination. She stretched to accommodate him all over again. As he filled her up, her muscles surrounded his thick member holding him firmly and pulsated around him all on their own. She shivered as an orgasm took her. His rock hard cock responding to such delicious reception throbbed madly while completely sheathed deep inside her. He then moved in and out of her creaminess, back and forth, slow then hard. Soon his shaft and balls gleamed in her thick nectar. Lifting her hips slightly above the bed she met his thrusts in a rhythmic fashion that was so delightful, so intimate, so heavenly. As they made love, the air became filled with their lustful moans and cries.


As orgasm after orgasm coursed through her, her internal muscles milked his penis closer to a maddening end. Suddenly he stopped moving altogether and remained buried deep inside her not wanting it all to end. Placing her hands on his face, she kissed him hotly, hungrily. Her tongue stoking his. He groaned and resumed moving his hips. Builing up his thrusting speed, her warm moist cavity quivered around him. Wrapping her legs around his lean waist, she dug the backs of her heels into his firm buttocks and pushed him in deeper into her greedy core.


Moving in and out of her velvet heaven, his fingers entwined with hers, he held her hands gently yet firmly above her head against the pillow while kissing the corners of her mouth, cheeks and neck. Closing her eyes, she submitted her body, her soul, her mind, and to him and him alone, she gave him her all. She felt like her body was floating above clouds as his mouth watering thrusts became deeper, faster and harder.


Arching her back, her fingers curled forward and dug into the backs of his hands. Soon after she cried her sweet release. Driving deep inside her, he too came seconds later filling her warm cave with his hot ejaculations. He lingered inside of her not wanting to leave, his body shook as he rode out the last of his orgasmic waves. Drained but content, he pulled out and crashed next to her, spent. Holding each other close while listening to the sounds of their own breathing, they closed their eyes and smiled.


***




With his back leaning up against the head board, he tenderly stroked her bare shoulder and back while she rested her cheek on his chest. Running her hand along the far side of his chest, she then cocked her head upwards to look at him.


“I wish it could be like this all the time...”


“Hmm, me too. Hey, let's go to Jamaica.”


“What?” Raising her head up, she stopped stroking his chest.


“We could go in December, all inclusive, seven days.”


“Sam, I can't afford something like that.”


“Tara, it will be my Christmas gift.”


“I'm guessing that's eight or nine hundred a pop. Sam, that's a lot of money.” She said raising herself up into a seated position then shimmied back and leaned against the head board.


“And?”


“Sam. I'll be happy if you just gave me a card.  You already gave me a gorgeous pair of earrings and now you're thinking of shelling out more money on a trip that will only last a week. You can't continue to shower me with expensive gifts. I won't have it. You know what....maybe you should exchange me for a woman with a real profession..”


“Oh boy...here we go.” Rolling his eyes, he let out a long exasperating sigh.


“..with real money.” She continued then folded her arms under her breasts.


“Jesus Tara. You're doing it again.”


“Doing what again?”


“Talking like you don't deserve anything. I love giving you gifts and I love making you happy. The only thing I regret is not being able to give you more. You know you are being plain silly to think that I would trade you in for someone else.”


“What if she was Oprah-rich?”


“Never. Not even if she was Oprah-rich and could fart diamonds.”


“Well I think..” Cutting her off mid sentence, he went on to say,


“Listen, I haven't had a real vacation in a long long time and more than anything else I want you in Jamaica with me relaxing and having seven glorious days of fun and creating new wonderful memories together AND I'm not taking no for an answer.”


“Alright..” Tara said finally giving in. Besides, how could she say no. Saying no would break his heart and she wasn't going to do that. "Let's make wonderful memories together" she added then smiled curling up closer to him.


“Good. Now I've got a few resorts in mind.” Sam said reaching for his laptop on the night table next to him, quickly placed it on his thighs and popped it open before she uttered another word.


“But Sam, what about coverage?”


“Oh yeah, we should get travel insurance too.” He said typing in his password


“Um, good idea, but, I was talking about coverage at work.”


“Matt will be on school break and has agreed to take on extra. He'll do your shifts. Remember we have the new girl Raven too. Arlene will be in charge while Terry and Lafayette will alternate doing the closing. And since your period ends on the ninth or the tenth, we could leave either on the twelfth or thirteenth and be back on the nineteenth or twentieth.”


Completely beside herself, she looked at him, smiled and shook her head from side to side. While Sam clicked on the favorites tab and opened up a couple of book marked links he caught her looking at him.


“What?”


“Just that you never fail to amaze me.”


“How so?”


“That you actually know my menstrual cycle. I mean, how many guys know their girlfriends that well?”


“Not many I would imagine. Anyway, I have my eye on some places I want you to choose from. They all got pretty good reviews. When we get there, we could rent a car, take in some sights and visit Uncle Tim in Port Antonio.” Sam said enthusiastically.


“I'd love to meet Uncle Tim. But Sam, these resorts, they all look so good. It's going to be hard for me to decide on one. Do I have to make up my mind now?” Tara said with her eyes fixed on the screen as she clicked and scrolled.


“Yeah, like yesterday. We need to purchase the tickets tomorrow, Friday the latest. How about I leave you to choose the best three. Think it over then give me your final choice tomorrow. Meanwhile I'll rustle up something for us to eat.” Moving to the end of the bed, he handed the laptop to her before swinging his legs over the edge and getting to his feet.


“Sounds good.” Tara smiled as she watched him walk away naked.


 ***




By the time Tara was through choosing three resorts, making the bed and taking a shower, Sam was just about through in the kitchen. Stepping out of the bathroom dressed in one of his T-shirts which caught her mid-thigh, she was greeted with delicious scents. Walking up to the kitchen she said,


“Baby, something sure smells good. Is it what I think it is?”


Standing by the range in a light blue T-shirt and a pair of navy blue gym pants, Sam turned around with a plate piled high with treats in one hand and a spatula in the next, and said,


“Voila!”


“Hoe cakes!” Tara gasped with widened eyes.


“Grab the maple syrup honey and bring it over to the coffee table.”


There were already two plates, cutlery, bowls of strawberry and glasses of orange juice sitting on the coffee table. Sam placed the plate of hoe cakes somewhere in the middle and returned to the kitchen. He reappeared with another plate filled with fried bacon strips. He smiled when he caught her smacking her lips.


“My favorite.”


“Hey, mine too! Dig in. I hope you'll like it. It's cooked in bacon fat.”


Taking her knife and fork, she cut off a section, dabbed the fluffy cake into some  syrup before placing it into her mouth.


“Hmm...Sam! Oh! So good!” Chewing, she exclaimed with eyes closed delighted in the delicious taste.


“Keep talking like that and you'll give me a hard-on.” He stopped cutting up his food and took in her beautiful face.


“Oh Sam, everything gives you a hard-on.” She chuckled after opening her eyes.


“Not everything, just you.” Smiling, he shoved another morsel in his mouth.


Tara rolled her eyes in disbelief, chuckled then reached for a bacon strip.


“It's true. I only got eyes for you .. all three.” Sam added jokingly.


“You better! Especially that eye.” Pointing at his crotch, she laughed some more.


Once they were through eating, they cleared the table and carried the dirty dishes over to the kitchen sink. While Tara washed, Sam rinsed and dried. Stacking the plates in the cupboard, he asked,


“So what are you doing later before your shift starts?”


“Head over to the library, return a book, do some reading then head home and change.”


“Was that book helpful?”


“Yes it was and easy to follow. The school just posted on their web page the recommended books needed for the courses. Lucky for me, Renard Public library has available copies that I can borrow today.”


“I'm proud of you.” He said wrapping his arm around her and giving her a gentle squeeze.


“How can you be? I haven't even started the course.” Tara chuckled looking up at him.


“You always make me proud no matter what you do. I have faith in you.” He replied kissing her forehead.


“Thank you baby.”


Wiping her hands in a towel, she then grabbed his hand and led him over to the sofa. Once they were both seated, she calmly said,


“Before I get dressed, there is one more thing I need you to do..”


From the look on her face and the tone in her voice he didn't have to ask further.


As she looked at him expectantly, he wondered whether she was ready for this. Will she be just as horrified as Sue and Mitch Merlotte were? It was one thing she already knew what he was, but actually seeing him in the act of doing something that came natural to him but strange to others was another matter all together. Alas, it had to be done. Throwing out a silent prayer, he said to her softly yet seriously,


“Know this, no matter what, I love you...”


Then just like that he changed into what he called his go-to form, a brown and white collie.  Tara stood up fast on seeing this.  She didn't know what to expect but it happened so quickly. It was as though he disappeared and a dog took his place. Sitting up on the sofa, the canine stared back at her. Looking into those big round amber eyes, she could see the essence of the love of her life shining through.


Slowly sitting back down on the sofa, she held her arms out to him. Crouching down, he crawled over to where she sat and lay down across her lap. Without hesitation, she combed her fingers through his thick fur and kneaded the back of his neck and shoulders. Through his nostrils, he let out a deep sigh. She could feel his bunched up muscles relaxing under her touch. Leaning forward, she then wrapped her arms about him and hugged him tight and said,


“Sam, I'll never leave you. I love you and no one and nothing will ever change that.”


****

Chapter 3 - Staking Claim by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: T, mature situations, profane language. Disclaimer: Everything belongs to Alan Ball, HBO, Charlaine Harris and such. Just my spin on things. That's all. Purely for entertainment purposes. Nothing else. Author's Notes: Hope you'll enjoy this. Comments are welcomed. Thanks for reading.

  Chapter 3: Staking Claim

 

With Sam's permission Tara spent half an hour each day in his office re-organizing his filing cabinet. It had been in a total and utter disarray and was screaming for help. All manner of bills, statements, invoices and purchase orders were thrown into the drawers and in no particular order. It was short of a miracle that he managed to balance his books at the end of each month.

By week's end, she managed to place them into color-coded file folders and hanging folders that she bought from Office Depot. She created Vendor, reconciliation and utility company file folders and neatly labeled and arranged them in separate hanging folders. At last the cabinet looked as it should, decent. Next thing she aimed to do was to go through a shit load of old bills sitting in a box next to his desk. It was her next project once they came back from their trip, but for now, she was satisfied with what she had accomplished thus far.

 

As she placed the last file folder in the cabinet, Sam came into the office and stood behind her and from over her shoulder he checked out her handy work.

 

"Wow. I like what you've done here honey. Everything is well organized. Finding stuff should now be a breeze and I no longer have to waste time rooting around for anything. Thanks for doing this baby. I've been wanting to clean up this cabinet for such a long time now, I just never gotten around to doing it and even if I tried, I wouldn't have known where to begin. You're amazing!" he said hugging her from behind then kissing her on the neck before momentarily resting his chin on her shoulder.

 

"You're welcome babes." Tara said with a deep sigh closing the metal top drawer.

 

"What's wrong honey?" Sam asked when he heard her voice dip and felt her body become tense. Turning around in his arms to face him, she said,

 

"Sam, can I honestly tell you that I am not looking forward to taking my mother to Aunt Vie for Thanksgiving dinner. I know she's been on her best behavior in the past two months, but, I'm afraid that she'll embarrass me and ruin my chances of being in your family's good books."

 

"Hon, even if your mom were to embarrass you, which I highly doubt that she would, everyone's opinion of you wouldn't change one bit. They all love and adore you. Don't worry, everything's will be alright. Give her a chance." Sam said placing a reassuring hand on her cheek.

"Sam. I've been there before, through her highs and lows and I am tired of building up my hopes."

"I know hon. Anyway, what's done is done. No sense in worrying about it now. Nothing major will happen, trust me. Let's just go there relax and enjoy ourselves. I already told Aunt Vie that she's not to serve or have any alcohol present Sunday night."

"Thank you baby. That was thoughtful and sweet of you to do." Tara hugged him and felt better having talked to him about her mother. She could always rely on him putting her mind at ease. No doubt he already told told Aunt Vie about her mother being a recovering alcoholic and didn't feel at all embarrassed by her knowing this.

 

"Say yes you are sleeping over tonight.." Sam said changing the topic.

 

"Yes baby cakes. I am sleeping over tonight. I brought a change of clothes and I've made a choice on which resort we should go to." Tara smiled running her fingers through his hair.

 

"Fantastic. Later on we'll buy our tickets on-line." He said while he wished that they were actually living together instead of her occasionally sleeping over his place. He thought about asking her about them moving in together again after they came back from their vacation.

 

"Oh Sam, I'm excited about us going to Jamaica. Sun, white sand, warm blue sea. I can't wait."

 

"Me too honey and if all goes well, we'll be there in two weeks." he said kissing her forehead before they exited his office.


***

Later on in the evening, a steady influx of customers started showing up and by eight o'clock, it became pretty busy. It was Sookie's night off. Arlene was somewhere in the background taking orders. Raven the new waitress was doing pretty well at her job considering she'd just started working at Merlotte's less than a week ago. An extra hand on deck was welcomed as it was expected to be busy for the next couple of months on top of which soon both Sam and Tara will be away for a week.

 

Fast talking and cute as a button, Raven was fresh out of college and had just turned twenty-three. She wore her jet black black hair spiky, short in the back and long in the front with blue streaks. By any measure, she was quick witted and light on her feet.

"Hey Tara. Two bourbons, three margaritas and a rum and coke for table five. Table six will have a pitcher, nothing special." Raven said and plunked a tray down on the counter.

"Coming up... How's it goin'?" Tara asked over her shoulder as she worked on the orders.

"It's cool. Nothing' I can't handle." Raven replied shrugging her shoulders.

"That's my girl. The crowd looks fairly decent right now but the moment anyone gives you a hard time, let Sam know. OK?"

 

"Will do. Thanks." Raven said strumming her fingers on the counter top and seemed preoccupied with the clock on the wall behind Tara.

 

"Don't worry, he'll be here." Tara grinned.

 

"Who?" Raven asked looking perplexed.

 

"Matt. Who else?"

 

"Shucks.. is it that obvious?" Raven asked wrinkling her nose.

 

"Well, you've been counting the minutes since you got here."

 

"Heck, why do I even bother. I don't think he knows I exist." Raven sighed feeling at ease with talking her mind with Tara.

 

"Oh he sees you alright. I've seen him checking you out when you're not looking." Tara said while she placed the last of the drink orders on the tray.

 

"He does?" Raven said breaking out into a smile.

"Speak of the devil.." Tara nodded towards the door when Matt walked in dressed in a Merlotte's dark green T-shirt and black jeans.

 

Raven glanced at Matt approaching in their direction and then quickly gathered up her tray of drinks and made a dash for her waiting customers. Tara waved at Matt when he walked by the bar on his way to the office. She shook her head and smiled and thought how Raven on one hand was just complaining about him not noticing her and on the other hand she had just gone out of her way to avoid him. She chuckled and thought how someday those two will make a cute pair.


***

Moments later, Jason, and two other road crew guys, Greg and Irwin sauntered in. The three men appeared restless and wide-eyed and looked as though they were on the prowl to getting laid, least of all Jason. The moment they entered, Jason headed for the bar while the other two seated themselves at a table near the window. Tonight, his eyes looked oddly glazed and there was a reason for that. Out in the parking lot just before he came in, he ingested a dime-sized piece of issue paper soaked in vampire blood. All it took was just one small drop to take its effect. Within seconds of placing it on his tongue, the illegal and potent substance went straight into every fiber of his body setting all his senses aflame and roaring to new exciting heights. Everything around him looked and felt wondrous, colorful and sensual. Even a light breeze gave him a hard on.

 

As he approached the bar, he locked his gaze on Tara and by the time he got there he'd seemingly forgotten what he'd come there for in the first place. Grabbing a stool, he sat down by the counter and kept staring at her with as much intensity as a predator had for its prey. Maybe it was the vampire blood talking, but he was high and horny as hell and she looked damn delicious in her close fitted orange spaghetti strapped v-necked blouse that showed off her toned shoulders and arms and tantalizing cleavage. Her boot-cut tight jeans that hugged her curves in the right places didn't make the situation any better. His already tight jeans got even tighter now that he had a fat boner that was in great need of release.

"Jason, is something wrong?" Tara asked as she wondered about his odd behavior.

"Nothin'. Everything's ..just... beautiful.."

"Right...so, what do ya want? Beer?" Throw me a friggin' bone Tara thought and wanted nothing more than to slap the goofy perverted look clean off his face.

"Yeah..beer..." Jason continued staring at her making her uncomfortable.

 

"Tap or bottle?" Tara said sounding impatient.

 

"Um, tap.. a pitcher..." he answered unblinking and not taking his eyes off her.

 

Turning around to retrieve an empty pitcher from the shelf behind her, Tara at first shrugged off his strange behavior but was reminded of it again when she spun back around and caught him staring at her butt. She noticed that giving him a scolding look didn't put him off one bit. She scrutinized him closely while she filled the pitcher.

As he slowly raked his eyes over her, she felt as if he was peeling her clothes away, one layer at a time. When she finally placed the filled pitcher down on the counter in front of him, he then quickly stretched across the counter and grabbed hold of her arm and began to stroke it.

From ever since they were kids, she had a crush on golden-haired brown-eyed handsome-as-ever Jason. She dreamed of a day when he'd take notice of her the way a love-starved man does a wanton woman and sweep her off her feet. But, she knew it was pointless wishing as it was clear that all along he only saw her as his sister's best friend and had no romantic inclinations in her whatsoever. And now as he touched her, she thought it was strange that he would suddenly show an interest in her, though in a creepy kind of way.

It had been months that she could finally put all her childhood crushes and fantasies in him to rest, especially now that she was deeply in love with the one man who invaded her every thought, Sam. Perhaps months before she'd started dating Sam such touches would've been thrilling, but tonight, all she felt was nothing but shear annoyance and disgust. The fuck! she cried inwardly.

"Jason, what the hell are you doing?"

"Tara, your skin is so... soft ..it's giving off tiny sparks..." Leaning in closer while looking hungrily at her chest, he went on to say, "God you're sexy. Meet me out back after this." and continued stroking her arm slowly and lightly running his fingers up and down the length of it.

Who the fuck he thinks I am. Some kind of skank ho he can fuck out back? Snatching her hand back, she looked at him dead in the eyes with her hands set firmly on her hips and said, "If you were some random dude you'd be soaked in beer by now. What has gotten into you? Tell me you're not high."

"No..OK just a little."

"Jesus Jason. I've never known you to do drugs. Look at you. You're sweaty and your pupils are dilated. What the fuck are you on?"

When Sam looked up from whatever he was doing and saw Jason stroking Tara's arm, he instantly saw red. He felt a rage grow from the pit of his stomach and spread like a cancer to the rest of his body. Curling his fingers into a tight fist, his first thought was to march right up to him and pound his face in before throwing him out. "The fuck he think he's doing touching her like that" he growled under his breath as he stomped from across the room and past the kitchen not noticing Lafayette walking in his direction.

 

"Boss man. You don't want to be doin' that." Lafayette said stopping Sam dead in his tracks with a strong grip to Sam's shoulder. Sam's first instinct was to shove him aside and head straight for the bar, but good sense prevailed and he paused and listened to his cook.

"Look, I know you feel like pimp slapping Jason's deserving white ass but Tara can take care of herself. There's one thing my cousin hates the most and that is somebody else fightin' her own battles." Lafayette continued.

"He's right Sam. Acting all macho and makin' a girl feel like you own her is the last thing you should do." Arlene said walking up to the serving window with her orders.

The possessiveness he felt shocked him. In all his life he'd never felt this way about a woman before. But they were right. Him going over there with a blinding temper was not the right approach. Calming himself down, he thought that had it not been for Lafayette and Arlene, he would've made a complete ass of himself in front of Tara. Feeling Sam's muscles relax under his touch, Lafayette removed his hand from his shoulder and dropped it to his side. With slight apprehension, he and Arlene watched Sam calmly walk over to the bar.

 

Pausing at the far end of the counter, he heard Tara tell Jason, "..I am so not going anywhere with you. Let me make it perfectly clear, I'm involved with someone."

 

"For real? Anybody I know?" Jason responded sounding slightly disappointed and finally blinking.

 

Sensing someone familiar near, she turned her head in Sam's direction and gave him that special sexy smile that was only meant for him.

 

"Honey, is everything alright?" Sam asked looking at her while he kept a safe distance away. Standing his ground, he decided to just make his presence known.

"Yeah baby. Everything's cool. Right Jason?" she replied and looked at Jason from over her shoulder as she moved away from in front of him and sashayed over to Sam. Standing directly in front of him close enough to feel his warm breath on her cool skin, she then reached up and ran her hand over his stubbly face and kissed him lightly on the lips. Sam didn't see that one coming but as they say, love conquers all. And that's all it took to get through to Jason.

"Yeeeah Tara. Everything's cool..." Jason replied surprised and shocked. He watched them continue smiling and gazing deeply into each others' eyes and acting like he wasn't there. It became obvious to Jason that Sam was the person that Tara had been involved in. Feeling like the fool that he was, he picked up the pitcher and joined his friends at their table.

****

Chapter 4 - Distracted by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: MA, mature situations, sexual content, profane language. Disclaimer: Everything belongs to Alan Ball, HBO, Charlaine Harris and such. Just my spin on things. That's all. Purely for entertainment purposes. Nothing else. Author's Notes: Sorry for the long wait. Thanks for reading.

Chapter 4: Distracted

 

Tara woke up Saturday morning to the sound of her alarm clock. She'd set her clock extra early so that she could dedicate a couple of hours of study time before doing some chores prior to meeting up with Morgan later on in the day. Laying on her back she stared blankly up at the ceiling. She imagined that Sam would still be asleep at this time and wondered what he was wearing or not wearing as he lay in his bed.

She then reached behind her head and dove her hand under her pillow. Twirling her fingers around loose fabric she pulled Sam's T-shirt out from under her pillow and then draped it loosely over her face. Breathing in deeply, she closed her eyes and sighed. Remnants of his masculinity on the fabric made her head swirl. Tossing the comforter off her, she groaned when she was greeted by the sharp cold morning air, but was determined to put two or three chapters of the Accounting text book behind her. So, she grudgingly rolled out of her bed and went straight to the bathroom.

She hummed to herself while she brushed her teeth and checked herself in the mirror. From the corner of one eye, she caught the reflection of a used vanilla scented candle sitting on the corner of the tub to the left of her. She recalled her and Sam taking a nice bubble bath together. Images of him sitting in warm soapy water ravaging her pussy with his hot tongue while she straddled his face popped up in her head. Letting out a tiny whimper, she rinsed out her mouth then took a deep breath then reached for her brush sitting on the vanity.

By the time she was through fixing her hair it was 6:00 AM. Looking at herself in the mirror, she told herself to stop daydreaming and get her shit together before she turned on her heel and left the bathroom. When she returned to her room, she stood at the end of her bed and looked down at the crumpled sheets. Sam entered her thoughts again as she reminisced them making slow passionate love in her bed and her watching him sleep soundly next to her the following morning. Once more, she sighed as she made her bed.

Still dressed in light pink flannel jammies and matching pink fluffy bunny slippers, she sat down at her tiny desk and opened the text book to chapter four, page forty. Fifteen minutes stretched into thirty and page forty still glared back at her. She must have read the first sentence on that page a million times. It was useless. Nothing on that page was making any sense. She might as well be reading Greek. Shit, I can't do this, she said then slammed the book shut.


Wearing a light gray T-shirt and dark gray gym pants, Sam suddenly raised his head up from his comfortable pillow-top queen-sized bed when he heard knocking on his door. He turned his head and glanced at the clock on the night table next to him. Noting the time was 6:50 AM, he raised himself up to a seated position and rubbed his face and wondered who on earth could it be knocking at his door this early in the morning. Barely getting to his feet, he staggered towards the door and stubbed his big toe on a chair along the way.

"OW. Shit. Hang on.. Who is it?" Sam cried out while hopping on one leg as he neared the door.

"It's me Sam." a familiar voice replied from behind the door.

"Tara?"

Quickly throwing the locks, he flung the door wide open and found his love standing on his porch in her pjs and fuzzy slippers. The moment she saw him with his hair pointing in different directions but still looking deliciously gorgeous, she threw her arms around his waist and hugged him tight and buried her face between his firm pecs.

"Baby, is everything OK?" Sam asked placing his finger under her chin and tilting her head gently upwards so he could study her face. Her skin was as usual smooth and radiant and most importantly, streak free. She appeared calm and didn't look as though she had been crying.

"Now I'm OK." she smiled then cupped her hands behind his head. Slowly and gently she pulled him to her lips. In the background the sun lightly casted a gentle golden glow.

*****

Chapter 5 - Apologies and Chances Lost by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: T, mature situations, profane language. Disclaimer: Everything belongs to Alan Ball, HBO, Charlaine Harris and such. Just my spin on things. That's all. Purely for entertainment purposes. Nothing else. Author's Notes: Sorry for the long wait. Thanks for reading.

CHAPTER 5: Apologies and Chances Lost

 

"Hey Sookie." Recognizing the ring-tone, Tara answered her cell just as she pulled into the gas station close to home. She was on her way to meet Morgan at the fabric outlet warehouse and decided make a quick stop to top up her tank.

"Tara. Where are you?" the voice on the other end asked.

"Gas station. What's up?" Tara inquired as she eyed a parking spot.

"I'm so sorry about Jason. He's such a moron." Sookie said apologetically referring to her brother's inappropriate behavior at the bar last night.

"Let me guess. Arlene, right?" Tara figured right. Arlene, the known carrier of news be it good, bad or indifferent. Tara positioned her car at the parking spot facing Montgomery Drive then killed the engine and engaged the emergency brake.

"Of course. She called me early this morning and told me everything. My dick of a brother. I can't believe he did that. I know he can be forward around women, but what he did was down right disgusting. I gave that ass wipe an ear full. Just to let you know, he came by looking for you fifteen minutes ago."

 

 

Then Tara saw a familiar looking black truck roar by on Montgomery Drive before making a sharp turn at the gas station's entrance.

"Your dick of a brother just found me." Tara said as she watched Jason park his four wheel drive Ram Charger 1500 next to her Pinto.

"Good. Talk to you later." Sookie said in closing before hanging up.

"Um, hey Tara." Jason said nervously when he hopped out of his truck and slammed the door shut behind him. He could see that she wasn't smiling. She had her arms tightly crossed under her breasts. Barely acknowledging his presence, she remained seated and stared straight ahead. The old rusty hinges groaned as Jason opened the car door and plunked himself down into the passenger seat next to her and closed himself in.

 

"What d'ya want Jason? I got things to do." Tara said sounding pissed. She knew what was coming next and wasn't in the mood for it.

 

"I want to apologize 'bout last night. I was out of line."

"Out of line!” Tara was livid. “Goddamn it Jason, you practically felt me up in front of everybody on top of which you spoke to me like I was some kind of ten dollar whore. I've never felt humiliated in all my life."

"Tara, I'm sorry. I...I shouldn't have treated you like that. You're like a little sister to me. What I did was wrong. I'm not tryin' to make excuses but, that wasn't me last night. I was on V."

"V? So you dealing in V now! Jesus Jason. Why?"

"Last night was my first time. I heard that...that it's a good aphrodisiac so..so I got some."

"Aphrodisiac. The fuck! Since when you needed help in that department?"

"I..um.."

 

Cutting him off, "You know what, I don't wanna know. Jason, let this be a warning, and this is for your own good. You gotta stop that V shit right now. I mean it! I read that that shit can fuck you up. What would Gran think if she were still alive."

"You're right, Tara. I won't ever touch it again. I've learned my lesson. To think that I almost lost a good friend over it. Tara, will you ever forgive me?"

"Yeah. I forgive you...this time..." Tara warned then gave him a tiny wink and a reassuring smile.

"So, does this mean we're still friends?"

"Yes Jason...we'll always be friends."

 

Jason threw his arms above his head, smiled and wrapped them about her and hugged her tightly. She hugged him back and didn't notice when he smelled her hair while his cheek was pressed up against hers. Of the many times they hugged playfully in the past, he'd never noticed it before but at that instance she felt wonderful in his arms. Warm, soft and sweet. He didn't know what had come over him but he became aware of how exquisite she smelled. That her hair and skin smelled a blend of citrus, lavender and vanilla. A nectarous scent that spelled innocence and seduction. Oh God, what is she doing to me, he thought.

For a brief moment as he held her, he closed his eyes and wished that they could go back in time. To a time before that blue-eyed mystery man, Sam, came to Bon Temps and stole his Tara away from him. He blamed himself for not jumping at the slightest chance she'd given him and paid more attention to her back when she smiled at him and hanged on to every word that fell out of his mouth. Instead, he ignored her and indulged himself into meaningless relationships and one-night stands. All along he'd looked at her through brotherly eyes but now as he looked at her, he saw a beauty, a light and a sensuality in her that he regretted not seeing before. Alas, it was too late. He'd lost his chance.

 

When he'd finally broke their embrace, he asked her as he rocked back into his seat, "So, you an' Sam datin'?"

"Yes. We are. Seriously now for four months." she answered truthfully while looking down at her hands resting neatly on her thighs.

"Does he love you?" Jason asked quite frankly as he remembered her and Sam kissing in front of him last night.

"Yes, he does." Tara admitted with her eyes raising slightly upwards that her gaze hovered blankly somewhere at his chest.

"And you...do you love him?" It hurt him to ask, but he had to be sure.

"Yes, I do. I love him. Very much." she softly and slowly replied and lifted her gaze to meet his brown eyes.

 

She smiled realizing that she was able to freely admit her love for Sam to him, unattainable-Jason whom she had a crush for for years. She smiled because she could make such admonition without feeling guilty and without feeling anxious. For years she carried a torch for Jason and thought that her feelings for him were so deeply ingrained in her that it was going to one day turn against her. But, she was wrong. As she looked at him sitting mere inches from her, she knew without a doubt that her love for Sam was certain and true.

Jason then dropped his hand on top of hers that were resting on her lap and said while giving her a light squeeze, "Well, he... he's a lucky man."

What he did next surprised her even more. He reached up to touch her cheek. But the reaction she gave, he didn't expect. She recoiled sharply and did so without so much as giving it a second thought. That hurt. When she'd pulled away from him, though it was only by no more than a few inches, it might as well had been a thousand inches. Her reaction was like a slap to his face. It yanked him back to a crushing reality. With his hand frozen in mid-air, he came to before quickly pulling it back to its home base. He wanted to touch her and feel her soft skin, but, she was in every right to react the way she did. She wasn't his and would never be. She now belonged to Sam.

Realizing he'd overextended his stay, he suddenly turned about in the brown leatherette seat, leaned to one side, pulled the lever and swung the door open. Partially out of the car, one leg in one leg out, Tara said to him, "Jason, he makes me happy. My life is wonderful."

With his back to her, he paused contemplating her words. Then, he looked over his shoulder and smiled weakly at her before getting out of her car and firmly shutting the door on the way out. Standing between the vehicles, he stooped down and looked at her through the window then waved good-bye before hopping back into his truck. While she watched him drive away, she flipped open her pink razar and called Sam and when he answered, she said,

"I love you."

****

Chapter 6 - Long Overdue by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: MA + with sexual content and adult situations, profanity and shit. Disclosure: HBO, Alan Ball & Charlaine Harris own this except my spin on things. For entertainment purposes only, so let me know if y'all been entertained. Author's notes: Sam and Tara talk over some stuff. Hope you like it. Kindly leave your comments. Thanks for reading.  

CHAPTER 6: Long Overdue


 


“I love you.”


“I love you too baby” Sam replied sweetly on the other end.  Standing alone in his office, he lightly touched the end of the his phone imagining the handset was her mouth he now wished he was stroking.


“I miss you.” he added remembering them spooning in his bed just hours ago.


“I miss you too.” Tara replied. Her voice sounding faint and distant.


“You sound different. Are you OK?”


“I just wanted to hear your voice.”


After her encounter with Jason moments ago, she felt like going off somewhere far and quiet. Hearing a distinct beeping sound on her phone, she said, “Oh damn, another call. Don't go anywhere baby. I'll be back.” Tara promised then took the next call.


“Hello?”


“Hey Tara, it's me, Morgan.”


“Oh hey Morgan. I didn't recognize the number.”


"Actually I'm calling you from work.”


“Oh no..”


“Been here from eight this morning. I would've fixed the problem by now if most of the team hadn't gone off on vacation. So it is left up to me and Laura to re-write the code before running another patch. From the looks of things, I'm afraid I'll be stuck here for rest of the day...”


“Shit Morgan, there goes your week end.”


“Yeah, tell me about it. I'm really sorry about this.


“Hey, I understand. We can do this another time. See you at Aunt Vie's tomorrow, right?”


“Oh gosh, I hope so. I'm so sorry.”


“No worries. Take care.” Tara said in closing and switched back to Sam.


“Sorry about that Sam, but that was Morgan. Turns out we're not meeting up after all.”


“Oh. So you're free! Hey. Let's do something.”


“But baby, you've got a business to run.”


“I'm not that busy. Thanks to you the books were already balanced for this month's end and all I have to do next is make a of couple calls. After that, I'm all yours until five o'clock.”


“I have an idea... Put Lafayette on the phone.”


***


“Hmmm...come to papa.”


Tara smiled when she heard Sam say this. Eyes half closed, she looked lazily down at him. With not a care in the world, she lay flat on her back completely naked. One hand tucked under her head and the other resting on her toned abs she breathed in deeply the crisp open air. Her ballerina legs were parted and bent at the knees and her dainty feet were placed flat footed upon his broad muscular shoulders. Smiling to herself, she sighed and rocked her head back against the large blanket spread out from under the two of them. The sky above was just as blue and as clear as the day when they made love beneath that very same tree four months ago. Only this time the leaves of the tree now took on a multitude of hues, green, brown, yellow, red and, orange. All around, the sun shone brilliantly and warmed the cool air while birds in the background chirped their happy tunes.


Lying naked on his stomach, Sam cupped her hips in his hands and lightly kissed her soft inner thighs, inching slowly towards her bald delectable center. Then taking his expert tongue and talented lips, he honed in and languorously licked and sucked her luscious vagina. Blood rushed to her midsection as he masterfully massaged and teased her damp folds and swollen nub. Enjoying the warm delicious sensations, she squirmed and begged for more. “Oh Sam, please don't stop.” she cried softly. Becoming increasingly excited by her tastes, scent and sounds, his semi-erect penis grew even harder, longer, thicker until it reached its full threatening potential.  Brazenly, it awaited its turn. She reached down and combed his hair with her slender fingers. Then, she steadied his head in her hands and with her hips made small circular motions upon his greedy lips.


While he serviced her heavenly center, he reached up and cupped and squeezed her soft full breasts in his hands. His idle fingers set loose, hungrily pinched and tugged her sensitive hardened nipples causing her to moan and call his name. As he lapped, sucked and tugged, her heart beat madly in her chest. Closer and closer he took her to the pinnacle of ecstasy. And then, she cried out. Climaxing on his heated lips, her hips bucked violently thrice followed by a short series of light shudders. Her pussy, swollen, juicy, ready, yearned for that wild feeling of fulfillment.


Looking deep in her soft chocolate eyes, he said in a throaty voice, “You're heaven on earth.” then raised himself up on his knees.


Gazing back at him, she whispered, “Sam, I want you. I need you.”


The tenderness, warmth and sensuality in her eyes near knocked the air out of him. Without a moment to lose, he leaned forward all the while stroking his hard penis. He placed its bulbous hot tip at her moist entrance and in one steady move plunged deep into her softness. She whimpered softly in his ear as his cock filled her. Tenderly, he held her beautiful face in both his hands and kissed her soft lips. Momentarily breaking away, he breathed “I love you.”. The tenderness in his voice sent shivers through her body. A single tear drop rolled from the corner of her eye down the side of her face. She looked deeply into his eyes and whispered, “I love you.”. Closing her eyes, she felt him kissing her gently on her eyelids and then her cheek and then her lips. Running her hands up and down his back, she wrapped her legs around his waist and hips. As they made love missionary style, she raised her hips slightly upward and met each and every one of his mouthwatering thrusts.


He found a lock of her hair and twirled it around his fingers enjoying it's silkiness and brought it to his nose and breathed in its sweet fruity scent. Closing his eyes, he rhythmically moved in and out of her, going deeper and deeper, pounding her harder and harder while building up tempo along the way. Over and over again, she came and as she did, she cried his name. Her needy inner walls milked him as wave-like contractions pulled him in further into an abyss of pure, delightful pleasure. A slave to her love and raw desires, he came, powerfully sending forth his seed. Shuddering, he rolled over to one side and lay down next to her.


Not a single soul was around for miles.  They wearily lay on their backs side by side sated and waited for their energies to return. The first to break the silence, Tara said breathlessly, “Well, that was some toe curling experience.” Sam, delighted, laughed and turned his head to face her and said, “Damn woman, you gave my cock a work out!”


Not taking her eyes off of him, she shifted onto her side and said with a chuckle, “A cock work out?”


Moving onto his side while facing her, he resting his head on his palm then said with an amazed look upon his handsome face, “Yes! Not only that, when I came, my penis felt like it was about to split right down the middle.”


“Jesus Sam! I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or take you to ER.”


“No, no... What I'm trying to say is that I've never had an orgasm that powerful before..”


“Wow! Me too. I had so many orgasms I lost count.”


“Yes, I felt them. Every scrumptious one.” Sam smiled devilishly whilst running a finger up and down her smooth arm. They weren't strangers and had made love many times before, yet the gentle touch of his finger still sent shivers down her spine.


Then a light cool breeze moved in and made the leaves applaud. Holding his arms out, she went to him. Turning her back to him, he pulled her in close and wrapped one arm around her waist and kissed her neck and shoulder. While they spooned he asked, “Honey, are you feeling cold? We could get dressed.”


“Hmm, in a minute. I don't want this moment to end.” Tara replied weaving her slight fingers through his while she melted in his embrace.


Kissing the back of her head, he said, “This was a wonderful idea, to bring us out here for a picnic. Do you realize it's been four months since we last did this..”


“Has it been that long? Well, this visit was long overdue.” she said kissing the tips of his fingers. Then she sighed.


“What's up?” he asked pulling back her hair to one side so he could at least see the side of her face.


“This place..I'm gonna miss it..”


“What? Why'd ya mean?”


“Didn't you see the SOLD sign on our way in? There's no telling what the new owner will do. Soon they'll put up a no-trespass sign and cut down our tree.” Tara voice climbed as all sorts of imagery were conjured up in her mind.


Just as he was about to reply, his stomach made a loud protest.


“Oh uh. Someone's hungry.” Tara chuckled as she looked at him from over her shoulder.


“Come on baby. Let's get dressed and then eat.” Getting to her feet, she took a few paces over to where her clothes lay crumpled in a messy pile a short distance away from the base of the tree.


“Man, I'm starving.” Sam said and reached for his clothes that were strewn about on the grass nearby. On his back, he lifted his hips above the ground and dragged his brief and jeans over his thighs and up to his waist in one go.”


“You should be, after that cock workout” Tara teased while she buttoned her black skinny jeans and adjusted her white tank-top.


Sitting in the middle of the blanket, Sam smiled and silently watched her fix her hair. He thought how beautiful she looked standing a few yards away with a kaleidoscope of fall colors in the backdrop. For so long he never believed he would meet someone like her. Someone who could melt a heart like his, a heart hardened by the past. Oblivious to his stares, she slipped on her lilac sporty jacket while humming a happy tune to herself and then picked up a small blue igloo sitting on the far side of the blanket.


Walking over to where he sat, she looked up and caught him watching her.  He looked at her as if she was the the most beautiful woman in the world. Blushing, she stood frozen in her tracks and smiled shyly. Standing with the igloo in her hands she said,


“I don't think I can ever get used to you looking at me like that.”


“Sorry, I can't help it. You're breathtakingly beautiful.”


“Oh Sam.” Tara gushed. Staring into his clear blue eyes, she felt drawn by his magnetic gaze.


Once again, a loud groan emitted from his stomach.


“Oh baby, sorry to keep you waitin'.” Tara said apologetically and knelt down on the blanket next to him.


“Don't you know, the scriptures say, 'Man cannot live by punnany juice alone'” Sam quipped with a chuckle as she opened up and reached inside the igloo Lafayette prepared for them.


“Scriptures huh. Where d'ya get that from, a Jamaican bible?” she said laughing and handed him one of Lafayette's monster chicken wraps neatly encased in foil. Sitting down lotus style before him, she dived back in to retrieve her own.


“Nah, just makin' it up.” Sam laughed peeling back the aluminum wrapping and took a long whiff before closing his mouth around Lafayette's tasty creation.


“You're hilarious.” Tara said shaking her head from side to side and placed her food on her lap. Next she fished two bottles of coconut water from out of the igloo and placed them down between them.


Sam, while chewing and taking care not to choke, exclaimed, “Coconut water! Nice!”


“Yeah, see, I know you.” She winked and sunk her teeth into her chicken wrap. “Hope ya got room for raspberry pie too”, she added masticating then for the next fifteen minutes or so, they ate in silence enjoying their meal, enjoying each others' company.


***


Patting his taut stomach, Sam suppressed a burp and said, “I lucked out the day I hired your cousin.”


“That man loves to cook.  Ever since he was a kid, he loved watching those cooking shows and shit.” Tara remarked and downed the last of her coconut water before letting out a satisfying 'ahhh'.


“Refreshing wasn't it?” Sam said looking at her pretty face.


“Wish I knew about this drink a long time ago. It's way better than soda.” Tara said lifting the empty bottle upwards and away from her lips.


“Imagine Tara. Soon we'll have all the coconut water we can drink and straight from the tree.” Sam said and leaned back against the tree stump behind him.


“Ah yes. Jamaica, here we come.” Tara sighed and joined him. Cuddling up next to him, she rested her cheek on his chest.


“How'd your mom take the news about us going on this trip?” Sam asked playing with the ends of her hair.


“She's real excited. She wants me to bring back Blue Mountain coffee and a Bob Marley t-shirt.” Tara replied with a sigh.


“Are you still worried about her going to Aunt Vie's?”


“No baby. It's not that. It's Jason. I saw him this morning at the gas station before I called you.”


“Oh?”


Feeling his body tense under her, she raised her head up off his chest and looked into his eyes and said,


“He practically sought me out to apologize for being a dick last night. You know Sam, I don't know what I ever saw in him and why I maintained that stupid crush for so long. Maybe it's because he saved my ass countless times when I was a kid.”


“Oh yeah?”


“For instance there was that one time when I was about nine. Tired of mamma's drinking, I thought what better way for her to quit if there wasn't any alcohol around to tempt her. So, I poured her Jack Daniels down the sink. Man, was she pissed. She chased after me out the house and up the street wavin' an' cussin'. I ran as far as my legs could take me and ended up at the Stackhouses'. When I got there, I pounded on the door like crazy while she was closing in. Luckily, Jason was at home and let me in just in the nick of time before she could lay her drunken hands on me. She tried to come inside but he stood up to her at the doorway and threatened to call the police. From that day on, he became my hero.”


“Your knight in shining armor.” Sam ended.


“Used to be Sam, used to be. He's nothing more than a friend to me. And, today I told him square in the face that you and I are in love.”


“Good...and he better not pull another move like last night ever again or he'll have to answer to me. So what was his deal last night?”


“He was high, on V.”


“He better watch it. That thing can be pretty addictive.”


“I told him the same thing. Hope he listens..” Noting the time on her watch, she added, “Anyway, best we be heading back.”


“There's one last thing I want to show you before we go.” Sam said when they both got to their feet.


“What's that baby?”


He then told her to close her eyes and led her by the hand a few short paces from where they were and then came to a complete stop. “No peeking!” he warned.


Placing his hands on her shoulders, he firmly turned her right around until her back was to him.


“Open your eyes.” he commanded sweetly.


When she opened her eyes, she gasped and smiled broadly. Turning back around to face him, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly on the lips.


“Oh Sam, I love you.”


“I love you too Tara.”


They kissed and kissed like there was no tomorrow. As they kissed under the majestic oak tree, the birds above twittered in glee and a cool breeze gently blew and teased the leaves alive. This tree, their tree with the words, 'Sam M. loves Tara T.' in block letters neatly, meticulously and lovingly engraved in its bark, echoed a simplistic declaration of their love.


****

Chapter 7 - Open For The Holidays by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: MA+, Strong Sexual content & Adult situations. In other words, Very Juicy Lemons. Disclaimer: HBO, Alan Ball, Charlaine Harris own this, just my spin on things. Author's notes: Ring ring... Sam calls Tara on the phone. Hope you'll like it. Let me know your thoughts on this.

CHAPTER 7: Open For The Holidays


 


At around 7:00 AM, the morning of Thanksgiving, Tara woke up in her bed feeling fully rested and invigorated. Stretching on her back, she smiled as she replayed the events of the day before when she and Sam made love under their favorite oak tree in the open fields. Sitting up, she reached for her cell phone sitting on the night table nearby. Then her phone hummed to life before her fingers even closed around it.


“Hey baby. Happy Thanksgiving.” She answered whispering sweetly after seeing her love's name appear on the display.


“Happy Thanksgiving beautiful.” He said.


“You read my mind. I was just about to call you.”


“Oh yeah? Wow! Actually I have a message for you..”


“A message? From whom?”


“My cock. He says thank-you for yesterday.” Sam's voice sounded sexy with a slight rasp.


“You mean for the use of my gym?” Tara chuckled devilishly while she relished in his lewd talk.


“Yes. And he want's to know if you'll be open for the holidays.”


“Maybe.” She teased.


“Maybe?”


“Well, I need...incentive to stay open.”


“Oh.”


“Yeah. Talk dirty to me.” She dared.


“Alright. Get under the covers and take off your panties.” Sam demanded.


Putting him on hold, she leaped out of her bed and tip-toed across the tiny room and paused at the doorway. Sticking her head out, she listened keenly for any movements and was satisfied to hear her mother snoring deeply away from down the hall. Carefully and quietly she closed the door before returning to her bed. She removed her pj's and panties and dove under the covers stark naked. Returning her pink razar to her ear, she whispered into its mouthpiece,


“Panties? Honey, I sleep in the nude.”


“Hmm, I like the sound of that. Now, I want you to close your eyes and think back to yesterday when I tongue fucked you under the tree. How did you feel when I sucked your pink pussy and licked your clit?” His voice deepened. In a maddened rush, he pushed his gray gym slacks past his ankles before kicking them off.


“Warm. Juicy.” She admitted while her nipples pebbled under the sheets from the sound of his masculine voice.


“My vixen, you were more than juicy. You were fucking wet.” He said huskily while stroking his stout circumcised penis.


“Yes...yes I was.” She said squeezing her thighs together, nursing the anticipation building between her legs.


“And when you came on my mouth, I licked and swallowed your cum ...” His throaty rumble made her squirm.


“Oh Sam.” Tara moaned softly remembering the feel of his warm wet tongue upon her quivering pussy.


 


“Spread your legs, wide.” He ordered with a coy tone.


Parting her legs, she could feel her nether region moisten on its own. Smoothing her palm over her flat stomach while holding the phone to her ear in the other hand, her breathing deepened. The sound of her turned him on.


“I want you to lick your fore and middle fingers and slide them slowly in then work them in and out of your tasty snatch, nice and easy.” His voice was deep and rich.


Obeying without hesitation, she licked her fingers and slid them in. Mindful of a snoring bible thumping mother in the next room, she moaned lightly.


“That's it baby. Slide your fingers back out. Tell me... Are your fingers covered in your juices?”


“Yes..I'm wet.” Her answer urged him on more.


“Good. Just the way I like it. Now, slide your fingers back in and finger fuck yourself."


"Ahh...yeah...yeah" With her eyes shut she mewed.


"That's right honey. Go faster! Go deeper! Say my name!”


“Sam..Sammmm..” She murmured sweetly.


On hearing her say his name in such tantalizing fashion, he almost dropped his phone.


“You sound so sexy and sweet I wish I was there ramming my thick meaty cock in you, hard and deep.”


He wasn't just saying this, he really meant it. He licked his lips as he sat in the center of his bed with his back against the bed head, his dick in one hand and phone clutched in the other.


“Yessss...oh God. Fuck me Sam...fuck meeee..” Tara pleaded softly driving her fingers in and out of her slick box imagining him taking her from behind.


“Oh God you're making me so damn aroused, I could cum right now.” He roared stroking his shaft faster and faster while visualizing her sexy body on top of his riding him like a rodeo girl.


“Yes! Cum baby. Shoot your creamy load in me.” She whispered while fingering herself and edging herself closer and closer to the summit of ecstasy. After a few more pumps of her naughty fingers, she came.


Whimpering softly, her pussy muscles contracted powerfully in unison with the steady yet excited beat of her heart. Hearing her soft cries was the last straw for him. Fisting himself furiously, he growled as jets of warm semen shot out and landed on his thigh.


“Wow, that was hot.” He confessed wiping his brow.


“Fucking hot!” She said agreeably. “Hold on a sec'” She hurriedly put him on hold.


When she returned, he asked, “Where did you go?”


“To check to see if mamma was still asleep. God forbid if she caught me pleasuring myself. According to her, 'that's a sin against God'.” She said and thought to herself, I need some privacy is what I need.


“A sin? Is it now. I bet nine times out of ten she's doin' the same thing.”


“Thanks for the imagery Sam.”


“Don't be surprised if she's got a vibrator in her night table.” He chuckled.


“Jesus Sam. Do you have to be so crass.” She exclaimed surprised to hear him say it let alone think it.


“What your mamma needs is a man.” Sam snickered.


“Oh God.” Tara groaned bringing her palm up to her forehead.


On one hand she couldn't agree more on the condition her mother actually hooked up with the right man. But on the other hand, not so much. Growing up, she witnessed her mother's dating disasters and today she wasn't in the mood to make it the topic of the day. In fact, she wasn't sure about talking about it with Sam at all. It was that depressing.


“So, is she asleep?”


“Yep. Snoring away. She's a heavy sleeper.”


“Good. Can't wait to see you.”


“Me too baby. ”Tara said.


“See you in five hours.” He said in closing.


When he hung up, he stared down at a lone pillow next to him and wished Tara was there with him. He wanted more than anything for them to be living together. Hoping for her to change her mind about them moving in together was wearing thin. Yeah, there were the occasional sleep overs and sex romps and hot rendezvous, which he enjoyed wholeheartedly, but, that wasn't enough, he wanted more. Then he reminded himself that they'd been dating only for four months. Perhaps I am expecting too much too soon.


****

Chapter 8 - Forgive by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: T, mature situations, profane language. Disclaimer: I don't own anything that belongs to HBO, Alan Ball and Charlaine Harris. I only put a spin on things. Author's notes: Thanksgiving dinner at Aunt Vie's. Enjoy. Leave your comments too folks. I like getting some feedback. Thanks.

CHAPTER 8: Forgive

 

After she read two more chapters from her accounting book, had breakfast and swept the house, Tara joined her mother out back and helped her hang up the laundry. The sun shone brilliantly and the sky was clear. In the background, the leaves on the trees were already in their full Autumn glory. With the air being so cool and dry on top of which there was a light breeze, one could safely say that their laundry ought to be dry within a few hours of being put on the line. Other than that, it was shaping up to be a lovely day. Eager to see Sam again, Tara counted the hours and minutes before he arrived to take her and her mother to Aunt Vie's. She sighed and wished to be in his arms feeling calm and safe. Fishing two clothes-pins from out of a bag, she said,

“Everybody's gonna love your pumpkin pie and fruit salad, mamma.

“Really?” Lettie stretched to pin a pair of damp jeans on the line.

“Of Course they will. You know you're a good cook. Would be nice if you had your own catering business.”

“Yes it would. It's a dream of mine. But wishin' an' dreamin' ain't gonna buy me a three-thousand dollar commercial stove fo' sure..”

“Well your one and only customer here enjoyed your breakfast this morning..” Tara said trying to lighten the mood while pinning a pair of socks on the line.

“Child, I don't know where you put it but you practically inhaled my hoe cakes.” Lettie chuckled nudging the basket of laundry at her feet.

“Sam likes hoe cakes too. They're his favorite.” Tara said bending down to pick up a blouse.

“Hey, let's invite him over next Sunday for breakfast. I'll cook.”

“OK. I'd like that.” Tara said enthusiastically and smiled at the idea of the three of them having breakfast together. She thought that it would be a great way for Lettie and Sam to get better acquainted.

After a brief pause, Lettie asked, “You serious 'bout Sam?”

“Yes I am.” Tara replied in a low voice behind a smile her mother caught sight of.

“Then what's takin' you so long?”

“So long to do what Mamma?” Tara asked picking up a pillow case from out the basket on the ground.

“To move in with him.”

“You know I can't and I won't. He already asked and I turned him down..” Tara's voice dipped and wasn't aware of her mother watching. Tara doubted that her mother would understand how much she wanted to be with Sam, and so kept this to herself.

From across sheets draped on the line that separated them, Lettie silently looked at her daughter and saw a hint of sadness in her face. Once again, her daughter had put her ahead of her own happiness. A young woman of her daughter's age ought to be living her own life and if she could help it, she was going to make sure that this time she does.

“But baby girl, most nights you sleep over at his place anyway. And what in the world are ya gonna do after spendin' a week with him in Jamaica?  Go back to livin' apart?  If it makes you happy, move in with your man. Ain't he good to you?”

“Yes, he is.”

“Tara Mae, it's time you stop worryin' 'bout me. I know someone at church whose niece is looking for a place to board and rent and her payments would help out with the bills. I'll be fine.”

As sheets bellowed about them like sails in the wind, Tara stood before her mother and wondered if she was dreaming. The old Tara, the Tara before Sam would've told her mamma that she was a fucking liar, that tomorrow she'd be back to her old self, drunk with no friends and no job, miserable, bitter, and mean. But, the new Tara who found love and belief in good things, had grown to appreciate her mother's struggle against her addiction and new lease on life.

The new Tara was now beginning to see the parallels in both their lives. Just as Lettie Mae had made up her mind to stop drinking and embrace life, so too has Tara made up her mind to open up her heart and let love in, Sam's love. Looking at her mother with nothing but hope in her eyes, she told herself, new Tara Mae meet the new Lettie Mae. Ducking under the clothes line, she wrapped her arms about her mother. Hugging her tightly, Tara silently prayed that they will both never stop believing.

***

When Sam arrived at Tara's, he was greeted by two smiling faces. He hugged and kissed Tara lightly on the lips and gave Lettie Mae a peck on the cheek. At Tara's insistence, both he and Tara wore their matching Grand Canyon T-shirts and when he saw the delighted look on Lettie's face, he was glad he did.

***

After making a quick stop at Lou's West Indian store to buy some drinks for the party, Sam mentioned that Aunt Vie had also invited her next door neighbor to the dinner. Pulling out of the parking lot, he made a right onto Montgomery Drive before stopping at the intersection. While they waited for the lights to change, Lettie told Sam that she made Mrs. Thompson crochet centerpieces. He assured her that Aunt Vie liked those kinds of things.

When the light turned green, they made their way to the high-way. For the next forty-five minutes the mood was upbeat an jovial. Lettie invited Sam over for hoe cakes next Sunday morning and he told her thanks and that he wouldn't miss it for the world. Pleased to see Tara sitting up in front with him chatting and laughing away, he smiled. Ever so often, she would turn around to talk with her mother. He thought it was nice to see them like this, getting along with each other, the way a mother and daughter should.

***

When they arrived at Aunt Vie's, Marvin and Morgan were already there. After they got the introductions out of the way, Aunt Vie took Lettie for a grand tour of her house. She happily and gracefully accepted Lettie's gift and pie and fruit salad and thought her beautiful handiwork was perfect for her dining table and went about putting them on the large table, all three in a row. After putting the drinks and Lettie's pumpkin pie and fruit salad in the kitchen, Sam joined Marvin out back and helped him barbeque some ribs. Meanwhile Tara and Morgan prepared the dining room. Moments later, Martin arrived through the kitchen door with board games and bags of ice. Naturally he made his presence known to the girls by poking fun at them before joining his brothers outside.

When all the preparations were done and everyone had gathered in the living room, the doorbell chimed. Excusing herself from the rest of the group, Aunt Vie headed for the front door. Seconds later, she returned with a man who looked to be in his mid-fifties. He had thick curly black hair and graying temples. He stood at about five-ten and was wide in the shoulders with powerful arms. If anything he looked like Popeye with a tan.

“Everyone, meet Ramon Ramirez, my neighbor.” Aunt Vie announced.

“Hey Ramon!” all responded in unison.

“Hola! Como estas?” Ramon brightly said. He was met with complete silence.

“Muy bien!” A delayed answer came from the back of the group. Everyone turned around and looked at Lettie Mae. She looked back at them with a What look on her face.

Ramon threw Lettie a broad smile from across the room, dimples and all, then confidently said to the group, “Hey, don't mind me. I was just messing with ya.” Relieved, they all laughed.

Sam offered Ramon a drink and went off to the kitchen and by the time he returned with a glass of fruit juice, Ramon had already been in conversation with Lettie.

“Do you speak Spanish?” Ramon asked Lettie after thanking Sam for the drink. Sam turned on his heel and joined Tara and Morgan chatting from across the room.

“No. Just a few phrases. Sorry.” Lettie answered looking slightly apologetic while clutching a glass of ginger ale.

“No need to apologize. Your pronunciation was perfect, you had me fooled.”

“Thanks.” She replied giving him a half smile.

“OK folks. Let's eat!” Aunt Vie announced. With that, everyone convened in the spacious dining room. The large dining table was decked out in fall colors. The table cloth was off-white, the linen napkins were burnt orange and the fabric place mats were either red or brown. In the middle of the table was a large flower arrangement upon a lovely orange crochet centerpiece. At the far end of the room were two folding tables covered in burnt orange table cloths that served as buffet tables.

The first of two buffet tables had nearly every square inch of its surface covered with food galore. A twenty pound stuffed oven roasted turkey, was carved and sectioned, beckoned to be devoured. Along with an ensemble of other delicious dishes: baked ham, potato salad, garden salad, candied plantain, rice and peas, oxtail, barbecue ribs, and, five cheese lasagna. On one half of the second buffet table had dessert which consisted of cassava cake, pumpkin pie and fruit salad. The next half had drinks, ice and empty glasses. In between the two buffet tables was an oak credenza with dinner plates, dessert plates and bowls and cutlery on it.

Ramon held out a chair for Lettie and she sat down looking half surprised and half embarrassed. Pointing at the seat next to hers, he said smiling,

“That seat is mine.”

“I'll guard it with my life.” She joked yet thought how ridiculous she must have sounded. OK Lettie Mae, quit smilin' like a damn fool, she said to herself smoothing a lock of hair behind her ear.

“Allow me to get you your meal. Got any special request?” Ramon asked in a rich accented voice.  Listening on with eyes shut, one would've thought the offer came from Antonio Banderas himself.

“Oh, I'll have a bit of everything, thank you.” She replied impressed by his chivalry. All the while her daughter was keeping tabs on the both of them from a safe distance.

Grabbing two plates, he joined the line up at the buffet. Behind him were Tara and Sam. The moment Sam turned around to chat with Marvin and Morgan, Tara stole the opportunity to strike up a little conversation with Ramon who seemed to take an instant shine to her mother.

“Hey Ramon.”

“Tara! Mrs. Thornton's daughter. How are you?” Ramon said. 

“Good. Thanks. So you're Mrs. Thompson's neighbor, huh?”

“Yes. I moved in last week.”

“And the rest of your family? Will they be joining you soon?”

“No kids. I'm a widower.” He said clearing his throat.

“I'm sorry. Forgive me ...for being a fool.”  Tara felt like digging herself a deep hole and jump straight in.

“No, it's a perfectly logical question to ask when you see a man wearing a wedding band and living in a big house.” He said braving a smile, then said, “How about you, do you live nearby?”  He hoped he was able to smooth that one over as he knew her motive was not to be rude but that she was only looking out for her mother.  This, he thought was admirable.

“No. I live in Bon Temps. It's about forty-five minute drive from here.” Nice goin' Tara, she thought to herself still thinking about her fuck-up moments ago.

“My construction company just broke ground there this month.”

“Hold on a second... Ram-Rez, that's you! You guys are building the new clinic on Weston Road?”

“Yes.  We're creating a fine inconvenience for motorists right now with all the digging and laying of pipes in the road.”

“Well it's about time this town build another clinic.  Bon Temps has been slowly growing over the years and the old one is overburdened as it is. I must say, it must be tough running a business like yours. How do you stay on top of your game?” Tara hoped she wasn't being too forward.

“In the beginning it was very tough. I came close to being bankrupt twice in the first four years. I even developed a bad stomach ulcer and had to have surgery. Yes, the construction business presents many challenges but I was determined and stuck with it. I've found over the years that the trick is to not let it consume you. That and having a darn good accountant and lawyer.” He said and spooned some potato salad, turkey and slices of ham in both plates.

“Impressive. Sorry about your ulcer. How are you now?” Tara asked helping herself to some turkey, ham and lasagna.

“Thanks for asking, I'm much better. The surgery did save my life but since then, there are certain things I no longer eat nor drink.  My crew call me a pansy whenever we go out and I am the only one drinking milk.. ” He didn't seem to mind admitting.

“Don't they know, milk does the body good.” Tara quipped and she served herself some candied plantain.

“That's what I keep telling them.” Ramon laughed.

“How about the occasional beer?”

“Nope. Hate the stuff now.”

***

After everyone were through eating, all except Ramon pitched in and helped clear up.  When everything was squared away, the younger folks moved off into the living room, leaving Lettie and Vie alone in the kitchen. While Lettie gave the off white ceramic counter top a good wipe down, Aunt Vie said,

“Thanks Lettie.” and put the kettle on the stove and lit the burner under it.

“You're welcome! Thank you for inviting me. I'm having a good time.”

“I'm glad!”

“Where did Mr. Ramirez go?” Lettie asked.

“He's in the basement checking on the pipes.”

“Was there a leak?”

“Yes. Last night one of the pipes burst and he came over and patched it so right now he's checking on that.”

“That was nice of him.”

“I'm really grateful for his help. Inviting him over was the least I could do.”

“Coffee? Tea?” Vie added when the kettle started to whistle.

“Tea, please. Thanks.”

“You have a fine daughter, Lettie. You must be proud of her.” Vie said preparing two mugs of tea.

“Yes. I am. The Lord's been good to bless me with a child like her. She's always lookin' out for me even when I don' even deserve it.” Lettie said accepting a mug from Aunt Vie then continued after thanking her,

“When I developed alcoholic cirrhosis, she gave up school to work full time and nurse me back to health.”

“Dat's true sacrifice, and love. You don't see much of dat in the youth today.” 

The nurse in Aunt Vie knew that the recovery process for cirrhosis of the liver is not an easy one. Sipping her camomile tea, she listened attentively to Lettie while they both sat on stools at the kitchen counter.  Lettie cupped her hands around the warm mug and stared blankly into the dark liquid.  Maybe it was the way in which Aunt Vie spoke and her general calm disposition that made Lettie feel totally at ease.  

“Vie, I've been a bad mother.  I'm ashamed to say that I've neglected and abused Tara for years. But yet, she .. ” Unable to continue, Lettie paused and looked down and clasped her hands on her lap.

“I'm not here to judge anyone, but I can see that the both of you carry a lot of hurt inside and if left alone it will fester and make your lives miserable. Tell me...have you apologized to your daughter and asked her for forgiveness?”

“No..” Lettie shook her head with a solemn look on her face.

“You know Lettie, you need to ask Tara to forgive you so that the both of you can move on and get past all that pent up hurt and doubt in your lives.”

Then unexpectedly, Tara walked into the kitchen.

“Hey, you guys wanna play Taboo? We're just about to start.” She said smiling.

“Tara, there's something you and I need to talk about.” Lettie said in a serious tone, holding her hand out to her.

Confused but more so concerned, Tara looked at her mother's saddened expressions and took little notice of Aunt Vie making a quiet exit. Walking up to where her mother sat, she seated herself on the stool that Vie occupied seconds before. Reaching out, Lettie took Tara's hands and gave them a slight squeeze. She then swallowed hard and looked up into her daughter's eyes, and said,

“Tara... I am sorry for all the terrible things I did to you over the years. For beatin' you and tellin' you negative and hurtful things. For makin' you feel unloved and worthless. I should never have treated you the way I did. I'm sorry I never showed you any gratitude for takin' care of me when I was drunk, angry and sick.”

“Mamma...” Tara's voice sounded feeble.  She didn't say anything more.  She sat unmoving with tears welling up in her eyes.

“You are beautiful and smart and a lovely young woman. I am proud of you, of what you've become, and, I love you my daughter, very much.  Please ....”

Before Lettie could finish her sentence, Tara quickly leaned across and wrapped her arms around her mother's neck and hugged her tightly.

“...forgive me.” Lettie ended and sobbed.

“Mamma...I forgive you.” Tara said between sobs as they both held each other.

****

Chapter 9 - Prayers Answered by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: T, for teens. Disclaimer: HBO, Alan Ball, Charlaine Harris owns this, I just put a spin on things. Author's note: Sam is put under the gun. Anyway, hope you'll enjoy this chapter and please, please, please give me your feedback. Thanks!

 

Chapter 9: Prayers Answered

 

Thanks to Aunt Vie, no one apart from Sam suspected how long Tara had been away for. After taking Sam aside and letting him know that his other half was going to be a while with her mother in the kitchen, she created the perfect distraction by having the rest of them explain the rules of the game to her over and over again until Tara returned. Meanwhile, Ramon appeared from inspecting the pipes in the basement and agreed to play. Sitting down at the card table that was set up in the living room, he told Aunt Vie that all was well in the basement. Soon after that, Tara and Lettie resurfaced.  Aunt Vie joined Lettie on the couch across the room. Martin watched the two women take their seats and asked,

“Mrs. Thornton, want to play?”

“That's quite alright.  I'll just watch you guys for now.”

“Mummy, how about you?  You playing?”

“No thanks dear.” Aunt Vie replied crossing her legs.

“What?  Afta we jus' explain the rules to you a million times, thought you'd be interested.” Martin chuckled.

Sam jumped in and said, “Tara's back, so, let's begin.”

When Tara sat down at the table, she smiled and gave him a wink, which was reassuring to him as it signified that everything was fine between her and her mother.

As the game progressed, the living room became filled with laughter. Ever so often, there were little skirmishes over the rules, but, alas, friendly skirmishes. All in all, everyone was having a grand time.

“Vie, I love the collection of photographs you got on the wall.” Lettie commented.

“Thank you.”

“You know, that picture of the dog...”

 

Tuning in, everyone turned and looked in Lettie's direction. Unbeknownst to their quietened stares, she went on to say,

“He looks a lot like the one that come by my house. Almost every night, for the past five months. Sometimes he'd lie on the porch or sit by the side of the house. He seems harmless so I leave him be.”

Tara snapped her head up and looked straight at Sam and they silently held each others' gaze. Aunt Vie taking note, cleared her throat and said,

“Fascinating. Oh my, I'm out of ice. Sam, be a dear and get me two bags of ice at the gas station. Take Tara with you.”

As the pair neared the front door, Martin yelled out,

“Hey Sam, don't be takin' di scenic route. Wi want two bag of' ice, not two bag of water..”

“Martin!” Aunt Vie exclaimed frowning at him.

“What? Dats what mi woulda do.” Martin snickered.

“Lawd, shut up.” Marvin said rolling his eyes at his brother.

***

Shutting the heavy door behind them, Tara looked at Sam as they stood before each other on the front porch.

“Where can we talk?” She asked.

“Come with me.”

She followed him to his truck and together they sped off. They drove in silence for the next two minutes before Sam pulled to the right and parked on the soft shoulder. After they got out of the vehicle, he led her across the road and down a dirt track leading to a huge park. In the center was a large man-made lake with trees and benches along its periphery. Taking a seat on a bench under a shady tree, Tara thought he'd chosen a perfect spot. It was quiet and scenic. Ducks and swans floated by slowly and calmly on the water surface as if they had all the time in the world. In the distance overlooking the lake were new three-story town homes. Finally Tara came out and asked,

“That was you, wasn't it?”

 

Knowing exactly what she was referring to, Sam turned in his seat to face her and replied,

“Yes it was. Please don't take it the wrong way....”

“But five months? We've only been dating each other in the last four.”

“True, but I had feelings for you from before we started dating.”

“Why did you do it?"

“I know it sounds strange, I did it because...because I missed you and because I wanted to watch over you.” Sam hoped he'd made the right choice in words.

“And the engraving in the tree....When did you do that?”

“The day of our first picnic.”

“You went back..” Tara said softly.

“Yes. In the night.”

Not backing down, Tara threw out yet another question.

“Why did you tell Aunt Vie that I was the one?”

For a moment there, Sam felt as though he was under the gun as she fired one question after another.  He answered honestly and from the heart,

“Because Tara, you are my life and my joy, the one I've been waiting for. You're the one who brighten my day and fill me with hope. You are the one I truly love.”

Then she suddenly stood up and then paced before him. Back and forth, forth and back she went, she near dug herself a ditch. Her nervous energy was getting to him so he reached out and firmly held her by the wrists stopping her in her tracks. Turning her her around to face him, he held her hands in his.

“Tara, what is the matter?  Baby.  Come on. Talk to me.” He looked up at her with a pleading look.

“No one has ever said that to me.” She replied.

“And I meant every word. Don't you see how much I love you and want to be with you?”

“Yes I do, and I love you too Sam, but we can't continue like this.”

“What? What do you mean? Are you having second thoughts? Are you leaving me?” Sam's mind raced and so did his heart.

“No! Heavens no!” She cried out and quickly sat back down next to him. Then said,

“Baby, that's the last thing I want to do. I meant that we cannot continue living apart. Every second when we're not together I miss you. I miss you so much that it is becoming a distraction. Sometimes I can't even think straight. You are constantly in my thoughts. I've never felt this way about anyone before and it scares me. But, whenever we are together, everything feels so right and happiness is never in short supply.”

Cupping her hands over his cheeks, she continued while staring into his eyes,

“I hate not waking up next to you in the mornings. I hate falling asleep alone at nights. I know you asked me before and I was a fool to turn you down, but now I think it is time we really moved in together.”

And just like that, his prayers were answered.

****

Chapter 10 - Tree House by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: MA, profane language, sexual content, adult situations.  Disclaimer: HBO, Alan Ball, Charlaine Harris owns this. Just my spin on things. Author's note: Sorry for the long wait. Comments are welcomed.

CHAPTER 10: Tree House


 


It was agreed that the moment Tara and Sam returned from Jamaica they would move into one of his rentals. Tara was dying to tell Lafayette and Sookie. But first she needed to tell her mother when they got back to Aunt Vie's. She knew deep in her heart that she'd made the right decision. Meanwhile Sam couldn't contain his feeling of joy. Still seated next to her on the park bench, he stretched over, picked her up clean off her bum and plunked her down on his lap. She squealed when he did this and instinctively threw her arms around his shoulders steadying herself.


“Tara, you don't know how happy this makes me.”


“Oh Sam, I love you.”


“And I love you too.”


Then they kissed. As they kissed, she slowly combed her fingers through his silky hair and let out a tiny moan. Her soft lips like honey to his hungry soul made him too sigh his pleasure. The kiss they shared was so passionate it made them lose sense of time, made them forget the world. Then the sound of ringing jolted them back to reality. Opening their eyes, they saw a group of children on bicycles sounding their bells as they rode by on the dirt track that ran along the periphery of the lake.


From out of the group, a bright faced boy who looked to be about seven years old stopped his bike in front of them while the others kept on going. He with his angelic features, hazel eyes, huge dark brown curls and richly tanned complexion, yelled out,


“Hey, what's your name?”


“Tara” Tara, the first of the two to answer, looked at the cute charmer and thought what it would be like having two or maybe four boys like him.


“Sam” Sam replied next. It occurred to him that should he and Tara ever have a son, he would probably look just as cute as the one perched on his bike looking at them.


Breaking out into a mischievous smile, the curly haired boy pumped his legs and rode off while singing out loudly,


“Tara and Sam in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” then sped up to join the rest cycling ahead of him.


Looking at Sam while still seated comfortably in his lap, Tara said chuckling,


“Do you think he's trying to tell us something?”


“Yeah, that we should find ourselves a tree..” Sam snickered as he brushed a lock of stray hair behind her ear.


“Sam, you never cease to make me laugh.”


“Come to think of it, the house next to Aunt Vie's has a tree house. We could..”


“You're kidding, right?”


“...the owners are out of town.”


“Shit! You ARE serious!”


“Well??”


“Sam! No!”


“Why not?”


“Because some nosy neighbor might call the cops on us. That's why.”


“No they won't. They'll either be busy feeding their faces on turkey or be watching the Super Bowl opening ceremony....”


Kissing her gently and tantalizingly on her neck, he whispered seductively in her ear,


“...I need you.”


Feeling his erection pressing upwards against her butt, it didn't take much for her to gave in. Besides, she too had become aroused and wanted some release, and fast. So, hand in hand, they made a quick dash for his truck parked on the road nearby.


In less than two minutes, they arrived at their destination. They made sure to park a few chains away from Aunt Vie's house so they won't be noticed. They then hopped out of the truck and ran up to the house next to hers. It was a good sized house on a huge corner lot. Holding hands, they slipped through the gate and darted across the expanse, immaculately groomed lawn before climbing into the tree house positioned up high in a majestic oak tree. It was a securely built prefabricated designer tree house that was an exact scaled down replica of the main house over sixty feet away. Within the small confines of the replica house, at least fifteen feet above the ground, they made love.


***


For the next two weeks, Sam hired a contractor to do some renovations to one of his larger detached units. By the second day, the project was well under way. As it was only five minutes away from Merlotte's Bar and Grill, it was easy for him to check up on how things were progressing without Tara knowing. He wanted it to be a surprise. By the looks of things, the place should be ready well before they returned from their trip. .


The three bedroom rental had been vacated months before. The previous tenants, the Grahams, Gary, Martha, little Becky and Gary Jr., had been living there for over two years and never once were they late with the rent. They kept the place spic and span and were well liked by their neighbors. Then three months ago, Gary accepted a higher paying job offer in Arizona. Ever since they moved out, the house had been sitting there empty. Aside from the roof being only three years old and that there had been no signs of leaks or mold, the kitchen and master bathroom were the two major areas that Sam wanted to spruce up before he and Tara moved in.


Standing somewhere in the midst of workers toting building supplies to and fro and surrounded by the noise of power tools ringing away, Sam imagined he and Tara living together like a real couple. He smiled to himself at the thought of them 'christening' each and every room. He noticed that the kitchen had been completely gutted in preparation for new cherry-wood cupboards, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. New porcelain floor tiles were in the process of being lain in both the kitchen and master bathroom. Noting the time on his watch, he decided to return to work before Tara's shift started and so headed out the front door. Just as he was about to descend the wooden steps, a gray Ford F150 truck pulled up and parked behind his '68.


“Sam Merlotte!” Dusty Murphy called out while walking up the concrete walk way leading up to the porch with a large brown binder clutched securely under one arm. Meeting Sam at the bottom of the steps, he extended his hand.


“Dusty.” Sam responded with a smile and gave the tall robust middle aged man a firm handshake.


Dusty, a professional contractor with twenty years behind his belt had come highly recommended by Ramon. He stood at around six foot two and wore his strawberry blond hair in a military crew cut. With wide shoulders and well defined arms the size of tree trunks, he looked like Hulk Hogan without the long bleach blond tresses.


“I'm glad I caught you. I have some tile samples to show you.” Dusty said opening up the binder for Sam to see.


Flipping though pages of neatly arranged tiny square tiles each measuring two by two inches, Sam's face lit up when he came across a striking blue glass tile the color of sapphire. The rich deep blue color reminded him of Tara and of the earrings he gave her not too long ago. Taking it out of the plastic casing for closer inspection, he held it up in front of his eyes between his thumb and fore finger. He noticed the tile had flecks of charcoal gray and bronze in a dark blue backdrop. He liked the way the light caught it and made the it sparkle.


“Ah yes, one of my favorites from Peru. This one is made with a mixture of crushed volcanic rock and copper shavings. I think this would be perfect in the bathroom arranged as mosaic trimmings on the walls and on the floor of the shower.”


“I like it.” Sam nodded his approval.


“Good! I'll phone in the order right away and pick it up tomorrow. The plumber will be in then to install the soak-er tub, face-basin and fixtures.”


“Excellent.” Sam replied. The thought of taking long bubble baths with Tara after long tiring days warmed him.


“Hey, y'all come by the bar tonight. First round of drinks are on the house.” Sam added handing Dusty a business card.


“Alright! Thanks!”


“And oh, not a word about this to anyone at the bar. I want this to be a surprise to my girlfriend.”


“Gotcha. I'll let the guys know. If anyone asks, we'll tell them we work for Ram-Rez.”


****

Chapter 11 - One Damn Parody by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: T, adult situations, profane language. Disclaimer: HBO, Alan Ball, Charlaine Harris owns. I just put my spin on things and posted just for entertainment purposes. Author's notes: Jason at it again. Hope you'll like this. As always, please do leave your comments. Thanks!

 

CHAPTER 11: One Damn Parody

 

“Sorry to be late guys!” Tara yelled above Willie Nelson, On The Road Again playing in the background as she walked in fifteen minutes into her shift. She hated being late. Matt barely able to look up, waved from behind the bar acknowledging her arrival while he busily served drinks to a row of customers sitting at the counter. Sookie was not present as yet as her shift was expected to start in fifteen minutes. Raven who was wiping down a table a few yards away looked up and cried out,

“You changed your hair. I like it!”

“Thanks!” Tara replied as she quickly shuffled on by and headed for the office to put her bag and denim jacket away.

“Yo, Hookah.” Lafayette yelled out to her from the kitchen as he spotted her walking by.

Meeting her in Sam's office, he said,

“Mmm, mmm..look atchew in yo' braids. I can tell Marcy had nothin' to do with this.”

“Yeah, you're right. It was Monique. She's new, hence why I'm late. Why, something's wrong?” Tara frowned touching her micro-braids.

“Ain't nothin wrong hookah. It's tight..neat...looks damn good. She done a better job than Marcy, that's fo' sho..” Lafayette pointed out checking out her do.

“Marcy didn't turn up as luck would have it. Monique may be slower but at least she didn't make it hurt as much. By the way, where's Sam?” Tara said taking off her jacket.

“He stepped out.” Lafayette paused then added, “Jason asked for you this morning.”

“Oh?” Tara brows furrowed as she folded her jacket and placed it and her bag into a cubby.

“He wanted to kno' if you'd be workin' tonight.”

“He tracking me now? The fuck's his problem... ”

“Ignore him. You know he ain't got a lick o' sense. At least you won't have to see his sorry ass for a whole week.”

“Damn right! When I'm stretched all out on the beach, he'll be the furthest thing from my mind.”

“Who'll be the furthest thing from your mind?” Sam asked when he suddenly walked in carrying stacks of laundered table cloths.

“Uh oh. Boss man's back. Well, I got me a shrimp gumbo beggin' to be stirred.” Lafayette said nodding at his cousin before he exited.

“Hey baby!” Tara chirped giving a quick smile once Lafayette was well out of sight. “Look, I'm back in braids!”

“So I see! Just like the first day I laid eyes on you. Beautiful.” Sam said as he closed the distance between them and looked at her with eyes filled with adoration.

Gently grabbing her by her slender waist, he pulled her in close then cupped his hands over her firm rump and kissed her. Wow, she sighed inwardly.

"So what were you and Lafayette talking about?” Sam asked when they ended their kiss.

She answered him with her arms still resting on his shoulders,

“Jason.”

“What about him?” He pressed parking his hands on her hips.

She truthfully replied, “He wanted to know if I'd be at work today.”

Even though from the start they both agreed to to be forthcoming in their relationship, she couldn't help wonder if her answer had opened up a can of bad ass worms. Staring into his eyes, she waited for him to say something but he became quiet. Too quiet, in fact. He'd become so still that it was as if he'd stopped breathing altogether. After a long enough pause he finally said,

“You know what honey? He could ask for you until the cows come home for all I care. What is important is the love we have for each other.”

Grinning, she said,

“Yeah, fuck 'im.”

“Besides, come next week when you're stretched out on the beach, I'll be right under your hot body with my cock shoved so deep inside of you, he won't be the only thing furthest from your mind.” Sam said in a raspy voice while rubbing his growing crotch on her thigh.

“Fuck!” She exclaimed delighted in his vulgarity. Then purred arching one suggestive brow, “Hmm, you promise?” The notion of them having sex on the beach seemed thrilling. Just as he was about to kiss her, she said,

“Wait a minute! How much of the conversation did you hear?”

“Enough.” Sam said smiling while slowly running his hands up and down her back.

“You were eaves dropping.”

“Not exactly. I just have keen ears.”

“On account of being a shifter?”

“Yeah, somthin' like that.”

“Is there anything else I should know about your abilities besides being good in bed?” Tara asked softly.

“That I love making love with you..but, you already knew that.” Sam chuckled then planted a gentle kiss on her soft lips. Reluctantly, they broke away and let out a groan before leaving the cozy office.

***

As the evening wore on, the pace picked up. There was now a sizable crowd of customers and the air became filled with music, laughter and idle chatting. Matt took his break when Sam came over to relieve him at the bar. Taking note of the type of clientele, Raven changed the selection to something more upbeat and country on the jukebox. Carrie Underwood's Undo It echoed across the room enticing most to either snap their fingers or nod their heads to the catchy beat.

“Sam, look at the crowd. What's gonna happen when we're away? How the heck is Matt gonna to manage?” Tara asked while Sookie started to make her way over to the bar toting a tray under her arm.

“Terry will help him out. Notice it's Arlene and Terry's night off tonight and we're copin'. So relax. Everyting'll be IRIE.”

Weeell. Ain't he in a good mood. Usually he'd be breathin' down everyone's backs 'specially with a crowd this thick, Tara thought then she shifted her attention to Sookie who began to reel off drink orders to her while standing on the opposite side of the counter. Tara couldn't help notice that her friend didn't seem her usual upbeat self tonight and thought that it was high time she had a little chat with her. After she filled the orders, she said to Sookie,

“Lets take a break when Matt comes back.”

“'kay.” Sookie sighed then took a tray full of drinks with her.

“Sam, is it OK for me an' Sooks to take our breaks now?” Tara asked when Matt returned to his post.

“Sure. Go ahead.”

“Thanks. We'll be in your office.”

***

“Sooks, you don't look yourself today. Did you an' Bill have a fight?” Tara flatly asked as she sat across from her friend in Sam's office.

“No, no.. we're cool.” Sookie replied looking down at her hands folded on her lap.

“Then why the long face? What's on your mind?”

“Just that with you an' Sam goin' off to Jamaica, and don't get me wrong, I'm happy for ya both, but..”

“But, you're thinkin' why it couldn't be you an' Bill.” Tara filled in imagining how hard it must be for humans and vampires to sustain a relationship when they can only see each other at nights.

“Yeah.” Sookie replied with a faint voice.

“Sookie. Have you at least spoken to Bill about the two of you going on a vacation?”

“No. What's the use. We could never do stuff together while the sun is out and you know how I love sunbathing.”

“Girl, what has that got to do with anything? There are normal couples out there who can't even do half the things that you an' Bill do together. Remember Abe?”

“Yeah. The paraplegic doctor.”

“Who is also blind! The fact that he's physically challenged doesn't stop he an' his wife Beverly from vacationing in the Caribbean every summer. Most of the time they end up doing things by themselves, an' you don't hear 'em complainin'. So what if you an' Bill don't go sunbathin' or snorkeling together. There are other things the two of you could do at nights at a resort. For instance you two could still go swimmin', an' there's dancin' and takin' romantic walks on the beach under the stars, and more. Talk it over with him. Maybe there are vampire holiday packages that you both could look into.”

“Yeah...I will. Thanks Tara. I feel so much better having spoken to you.” Sookie beamed and threw her arms around Tara's neck. After they hugged, she went on to ask,

“Aren't you so excited about movin' in with Sam?”

“Yes. I am. Just hope I won't fuck it up.”

“Tara! You won't. Look, we've been on-again-off-again room mates like, forever, and not once have we had a fall out. Doesn't that account for anything?”

“Yeah...but..”

“But nothin'! Quit over thinking. Everything's gonna be fine.”

***

At the end of their fifteen minute break, Sookie resumed waiting on tables and Tara returned to her bar-tending duties. Sam was about to make his way to his office but changed his mind when he saw Dusty and three of his work men walk in. Tara would not have suspected a thing even if she saw Sam greeting the men and ushering them to table five. Being so preoccupied with filling orders, she didn't even notice him leave her side and take some menus with him.

“Hey guys.” Sam greeted the men and exchanged casual hand shakes.

“Nice place you've got here.” Dusty said.

“Thanks. So, as y'all know the first round of drinks are free. So, what will it be?” Sam said while handing them each a menu.

“Beer”

“Beer”

“Beer..”

“Well, it's unanimous. Beer it is. We'll have what whatever you've got on tap.” Dusty anted up.

“Alright!”

Lowering his voice, Sam asked, “So, how are things shaping up over at my place?”

“The cabinetry in the kitchen and bathrooms have been installed and by tomorrow morning the granite counter tops will be in.”

“Nice! I'll come by tomorrow afternoon with the second deposit.”

Sam looked up when he heard familiar voices and saw that it was Jason walking in with Hoyt. From where he stood, he could tell that Jason appeared his normal usual self. Still, he didn't like the idea of him asking about Tara's whereabouts. So, he decided to have a nice chat with Jason. As it turned out, Tara didn't see Jason or Hoyt come in. Nor did she see them being seated at the booth by the window by Raven. Not taking his eyes off of Jason, Sam said to the men,

“I'll send a waitress to take your orders.” and then took off in Jason's direction. Meanwhile, Hoyt got up from the table to chat with his neighbors Tim and Bev Malcom two booths away.

On his the way, Sam met Raven heading in the opposite direction. He knew she had just taken Jason and Hoyt's order and told her to take three complimentary pitchers of beer to table five first. Thinking nothing of his request, she continued her way to the bar.

“Evenin' Jason. What can I getcha?” Sam asked with his jaw clenched when he appeared at his table while keeping his back to the bar.

“Raven already took our order.” Jason replied in a matter-of-factual tone and looked straight into Sam's eyes.

“I know.” Sam growled. Leaning in closer to him, he added with his voice lowered,

“You better not have plans for Tara 'cause she ain't interested in you. She and I are in love. You got that?”

Jason Stackhouse, former Bon Temps High quarterback whose passing record was still yet to be broken, had a competitive streak about him. It didn't matter that Tara and Sam were in love. All he cared about was being beaten to the punch. Although he had no interest in Tara from the beginning but after they shared a hug that day at the gas-station, he felt something that he couldn't explain. Right now, he didn't appreciate Sam coming up into his face one damn bit.

Keeping his browns fixed on Sam's piercing blues, he said,

“Listen buster. I can protect her better 'n you can. Been doin' that since we been kids. Me an' Tara, we have history.”

“History, huh? And who's bed is she keepin' warm? Not yours.”

It certainly didn't take much to silence Jason and he pretty much kept his pie hole shut after that which was probably a wise thing for him to do as otherwise if things escalated between he and Sam, then he risked ending up once again in Tara's bad books. In the middle of their stare-down, Hoyt returned and sat down across from Jason.

“Hey Sam.” Hoyt said oblivious of the heightened tension between the men.

“Hey Hoyt, I was just telling Jason that I'll be sending you guys a pitcher of Budweiser on the house.” Sam lied.

“Awesome! Thanks Sam!” Hoyt said and didn't see Jason giving Sam an overtly fake smile.

“Yeah, thanks.” Jason sneered and watched Sam depart. Sam realized it was a complete waste of his time approaching Jason. Clearly no matter what he or Tara did, neither of them were going to get the message through his thick head. So, he turned and left to do more important things waiting for him in the office.

***

Sookie left early when it was only a couple of hours before closing. Tara began to feel the effects of a long and busy night. Worn and tired, she looked forward to curling up in bed with Sam. She was happy with the purchases she made earlier in the week in preparation for moving in with him. For starters, she bought bath towels and mats and bed linens that were on sale at Penny's. The next thing she wanted to do was buy fabric to make curtains. But, before she could do that she needed to at least take measurements of the windows. “I'll ask Sam to take me to the rental in the morning, that's what I'll do”, Tara said to herself.

Now that the crowd had finally begun to thin, there were still the occasional one or two late comers who meandered in. A slender blond woman in her early thirties came in all by her lonesome. She wore a short mini skirt and a blouse that was two sizes too small. From the way she strutted in her red cowboy boots and wiggled her hips to Mickie James' Hardcore Country, it was obvious that she wasn't leaving Merlotte's without a man.

“Weeelll, looks like somebody is ready to have her some fun..” Tara said and placed two bourbons in front of Terrence Grady the retired statistician who had a thing or two to say about the woman.

“Melanie Leblanc, Mel L., Renard County's floozy is always up for a good time.” Terrence said as he gave the woman a glance over his left shoulder.

All eyes were on Mel L., as she stood before the jukebox wooing and bumping her hips whilst combing her fingers through her limp yellow hair.

Turning his head back around and picking up his glass of bourbon, Terrence went on to say,

“Yep. Her mild mannered husband came home early from work one day to find two men screwing the living daylights outta her in their matrimonial bed. So he loaded his twelve gauge and shot at them leaving a gaping hole in the wall. The following week, he had her served divorce papers.”

“No shit!” Tara exclaimed as she watched him knock back his drink.

“Yessiree. And you know what else? She's goin' home with the blond buck sittin' right over there by the window.”

Looking past Terrence, she saw whom he was referring to. Jason. There Jason was lustfully eyeballing the gyrating blonde from his booth. Fully cognizant of his reputation with women, and not just the females from this bum fuck town, Tara wasn't about to disagree with Terrence.

“No arguments there.” She said with certainty.

“So you're sayin' she has a thing for blond men.” Tara said keeping the conversation going while clearing empty bottles from the counter.

“Yeppers. She likes 'em young, handsome, stacked, and...”

“Dumb.” Tara finished with a chuckle.

“Exact-a-mundo!”

“You seem to know a lot about this woman. What's your association with her anyway?” She asked out of curiosity while she dried shot glasses with a towel.

“She was married to my son.”

“Ah.”

Lafayette took a break from the kitchen and stood next to Tara then helped himself to some vodka.

Leaving Hoyt to nurse his beer, Jason got up and walked over to Mel L. Without so much as introducing himself, he came up to her from behind and casually bumped his crotch against her buttocks while laughing and snapping his fingers away. In response, she leaned back and rubbed her body heavily against his.

“Uh oh.. here we go.” Lafayette said looking on while sipping his vodka from a mug.

“I'm glad Sookie ain't here to see this.” Tara said with disgust in her voice also watching Jason's antics.

Turning around, Mel L. boldly grabbed Jason's buttocks and whispered something no doubt lascivious in his ear. Before you knew it, they both headed out the front entrance.

“Told ya.” Terrence said raising his second glass as if it were a great revelation.

“That boy is sex on a stick.” Lafayette said laughing and lightly tapping his mug against Terrence's glass.

“He's one damn parody of himself that's what.” Tara chuckled shaking her head while wiping down the counter.

**0**

Chapter 12 - Pellows Island by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: T, adult situations, profane language. Disclaimer: HBO, Alan Ball, Charlaine Harris owns. I just put my spin on things and posted just for entertainment purposes. Author's notes: A tropical retreat where in the beginning everything is smooth sailing.. but how long will it last. Hope you'll like this. As always, please do leave your comments. Thanks!

CHAPTER 12: Pellows Island



"Tara, honey, c'mere you're gonna love this." Sam called out from the bathroom.

"What's up baby?" Tara asked as she neared the doorway. "Oh... my... God!" She cried out upon entering the spacious room. Its walls a buttercup yellow and its floor tiles gleeming baige porcelain. A large framed mirror hung above a pair of face basins set in an off-white marble counter top. A skylight in the center of the vaulted ceiling allowed natural light to flood in.


Looking over at Sam who looked cute devoid of shoes while comfortably seated cross-legged in a large, albeit empty tub, Tara squealed in delight and excitedly hopped in along with him after tossing her own shoes aside.

Wider and deeper than the conventional bath tub, the top of it caught them at their chins while they were in seated positions.


"Holy shit! Sam, check this out!" Tara exclaimed pointing to a small console she discovered on the side of the tub. The water proofed controls were set flush into the porcelain tile walling that surrounded the tub.

"A push of this button and jet streams baby! Jet streams!", Tara laughed in glee.


Smiling to himself as he watched her checking out the controls, Sam was now more than glad for the screw up with his soak-er tub order. As it turned out, three days ago when Dusty went to pick up the tub, a more expensive version had arrived instead. The supplier apologized for the mistake and offered to place another order but said it would be on back-order which meant that it would take up to three weeks to arrive. Dusty told him that it was unacceptable and the owners will be moving in in less than three weeks. Who in their right mind would argue with a six foot two Hulk Hogan clone with arms the size of tree trunks. So, at no extra cost, Dusty walked away with a tub outfitted with eight inset jet stream nozzles, led mood lighting, automatic shut-off valve, and digital controlled temperature regulator.

Coming to, Sam just remembered about the hotel worker who taxied them and their bags to their suite.


"Oh, I forgot all about the porter." He said and quickly jumped out of the tub.

"Don't worry babes, he left after I tipped him." Tara reassured also getting out of the deep white tub herself.

"Honey, that's my job."

"Okay, shoot me. C'mon, lets check out the rest of the place." She said smiling all the while dismissing his last comment.


She didn't see the point in wasting time reminding him that he already spent enough on this trip or bothering to make it a point that her tipping the porter was the least that she could do. Without a moment to lose, she took hold of his hand and pulled him in the direction of the french double doors leading to the exterior.

Amazed at how she was still full of energy even after spending eight long hours travelling as well as utilizing three of those hours reading her text book while on the plane, Sam found her absolutely refreshing.

The moment they were outside, they closed the doors behind them and walked up to the edge of the brick porch. Looking all around them, the picturesque scenery took their breaths away.


"Sam, this is beautiful." Tara said smiling with moistened eyes as they stood beneath a white arbour that framed the porch. Jasmine flowers perfumed the air, above vines wrapped snugly around the sturdy trellis framework and hung loosely over the edges. Rambling rose bushes full of white blossoms hugged the bases of the wooden latticework.

A mixture of red ginger lillies and orange bird of paradise formed a colorful hedge, buffering the walls of the cottage. Tall and mid sized trees surrounded the beach house and in the distance, bamboo trees swayed in the soft wind. Where the rust colored brick walkway ended, an expanse carpet of perfectly manicured thick green crab grass began and stretched seemlessly for another thirty feet wide and fifty feet deep stopping just short of a stone wall at the far end of the garden overlooking the beach.

Hand in hand they walked bare-footed across the lawn as hypnotic sounds of the sea called to them. Along the way, they succumed to the calming sensations of cool silky grass blades curling between their toes. Once they got to the wall, a faint continuous breeze caressed their faces and gingerly ruffled their hair and clothes. As they stood behind the hip height wall they took in the spectacular view some two hundred feet above the beach.

The cottage was built in the late forties, its foundations deeply rooted in ancient volcanic rocks, started out as just a quaint two bedroom beach house on a two hundred acre lot. It provided a tropical escape to its owner, a famous British author and screenwriter, who instantly fell in love with the island, its unique setting and interesting history inspired many of his works. Decades after his death, the property was sold by his widow and the new owner with dreams of making the place a tourist resort, built twenty more cottages like it plus fifteen three bedroom villas, each with their own private beach front. In time, three story studio apartment blocks were added. Over the years as the hotel developed, it earned a five-star all-inclusive rating. All the while the look and privacy of the original beach house was maintained. While only the bathroom was updated and electrical wiring brought up to code, everything else was kept in pristine condition, including the king size mahogany four-poster bed, wide-planked oak floors, and antique blue maho furniture.

From where they stood, they noticed a concrete walkway to a flight of wooden stairs that lead to the beach below. Halfway down the wall, an almond tree grew, its roots anchored deep within, its gnarly limbs twisted in opposite direction to natures forces of salty wind. At the foot of the stone wall were leaning palm trees which provided natural shading to anyone who sought refuge from the brilliant sun. The beach was notably long and wide and its unbroken soft white gold sand rolled up to crystal clear water that gently lapped at its feet.

Together, they allowed their gazes to fall on Pellows Island which was a little to the right of their private beach and at least four olympic pool lengths away from the shore. The densely vegetated tiny island one half the length of a football field sat in solitude completely surrounded by blue water, its base wrapped by a thin strip of beach, wide enough for visitors to lie on and lazily watch time go by.

With both his arms lovingly wrapped about her waist, Tara rocked back onto Sam feeling the warmth of his body against hers. Leaning forward, Sam rested his chin in the crook of her smooth neck until their cheeks touched. In silence they looked beyond the horizon and watched the large orange firery ball make its slow decent into the glistening Caribbean Sea.


****

Chapter 13 - Resplendent Island Skies by QueenMojo


CHAPTER 13: Resplendent Island Skies

    

At 5:15 AM, while it was still dark, Sam and Tara quietly set out from their private beach front in a kayak and rowed themselves to Pellows Island. On the way there, they could just make out the irredescent white coral reef in the shallow waters beneath them that ran the periphery of the key, and small clusters of black spiny sea urchins guarding its shores. Once they'd hit land, they hopped out of the lightweight boat and dragged it along the flat white sand and hid it under low hanging leafy limbs. Beach towels in tow, they climbed rocks and exposed roots, grabbing hold of thick hanging vines. They pulled themselves up clear off the sandy shore up onto the fertile land about twenty feet above. Then carefully, they made their ways into the very heart of the archipelago.

Tall trees towered over them while thick clusters of green, leafy plants rose up in between the trees. Pushing past thick bush, the two lone figures came upon a clearing. In the clearing, at the center of the island, was a large natural hot spring. It sprang up from under the ground as it did long before man walked the earth, spewing forth clear warm water that pooled in a sunken basin lined by fine white sand. Glossy leafed plants and tall grass formed an oval border around the natural pool, the foot of which sat a large flat topped boulder. They sat on the boulder and dipped their feet into the warm welcoming water. All around them was a stillness that was only broken by their breathing.


"This place is magical. It's like we died and went straight to..." Tara started, and before she could finish, Sam covered her mouth with his. She sighed after she got over the initial surprise and felt like she was melting under his touch and his fruity taste of desire. His kisses filled her with hope, filled her with courage, filled her with love. Pausing while their foreheads were still touching, he completed her sentence and said, "...heaven.", because that was what she was to him, heaven.

Rising to his feet, he laid the large beach towel out on the grassy ground closeby. Unaware of the sky peaking through the tree tops, it began to lighten taking on a pinkish purple haze. Kneeling down at one end of the towel, he extended his hand to her, silently beckoning her to join him for a ride on his magic carpet. She took his hand and knelt down before him.

Lightly he brushed the back of his hand over her cheek before cupping her small face. He then leaned toward her and kissed her lips, the corners of her mouth, cheek, then neck. She responded with a tiny gasp as she felt his warm lips upon her skin. While showering her with kisses, his hands pulled at the hems of her white tank top until his finger tips found warm, silky skin hiding underneath. Suddenly wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her in close engulfing her with more of his hot kisses and his scent, a mixture of old spice aftershave and remants of Irish Spring soap. Momentarily, they interrupted their kissing spell just so they could help each other out of their clothes.

Through a gap in the bushes facing east, the sun began its slow ascent and the dark skies began its losing battle against the light.

The tranquil air was cool and condensation formed on leaves. Securely holding the back of her head and back, Sam gently and slowly rocked his love backways until she was laid out flat on the large beach towel spread out under them.

He looked into her dark brown eyes when she met his gaze.
He then kissed her cheeks, trailing his lips and tongue down her neck and her breasts. Lingering at her soft, round globes, he licked and sucked her dark nipples and areolae awakening within her a passion and a need for wild abandon. Spreading her legs for him, he could smell her sweet decadent musk rising up to meet him. Holding onto her hips, he lightly kissed her inner thighs, slowly and tantalizingly inching his way closer and closer to her bald pussy, whispering her name soflty along the way. The tenderness in his voice as he called her name over and over again made her feel wanted, made her feel needed. As his lips moved ever so slowly, his actions caused an ache in her to rise, so much so, she felt as though she was being slowly tortured.

Her juices began to flow and drip downwards between her pink labia. He could see that she was now good and ready for him and so, he could scarce hold himself back from mounting her right away. Thoughts of maddeningly thrusting his stiff unforgiving manhood deep inside her immediately came to him. Instead, he dove his heated tongue between her slick folds and with every ounce of strength in him, willed his cock to be patient.

Tara moaned softly as he tongue fucked her scrumptious innards, lapping and sucking her folds and hardened nub. Spreading her legs even wider, she tilted her hips so that he could have greater access to her pleasure zone. Knowing which buttons to punch, rather, tweak, he then reached up with both hands and pinched her nipples causing more of her warm secretions to flow freely. She tasted exquisite. She smelled divine. She felt like home.

Feeling primal, uninhibited and downright naughty, they moaned louder than they normally would for they knew that they were the only ones on that tiny island, far away from judging eyes and ears whilst being protected under the cloak of dark skies and thick foliage. Holding onto him, Tara steadied his head and wiggled her hips upon his needy mouth before crying her first release.

His penis now hard and heavy, throbbed excitedly at its root, yearning for her warm, moist, tight cavity to swallow him whole. Rising up on his knees, he steadied his long, thick meat, meanwhile giving it quick long strokes with one hand. Leaning forward, he placed his mushroom tip at the entrance of her wet heat. He then lunged forward, pushing his rock hard erection deep inside her, gasping her name as he felt her inner walls tighten around him.

The slow rising sun crested above the horizon while Tara stretched to accommodate him, licking her lips as though she could taste him from below. Moving in and out of her at first slow and deep, then hard and fast, he fought against the tidal wave of wild nefarious pleasure rising exponentially out of control before it came crashing down at any inopportune moment. Slowing his pace down to regain some sanity, he looked down at her. She looked alluring. Neither of them could believe that they were in such an enchanted place with no one else around but small birds and lizards looking on.

As she looked back at him with half opened eyes, she said to him softly,

"I love you Sam."

He replied,

"I love you too, Tara."


Then he leaned forward and met her lips.

Tara felt as though she could go on kissing him forever and he felt he could hold her for an eternity. If only they could slow time down and savor every delicious, enjoyable act of making love. If only.

While penetrated deep inside her, he cupped his hand behind her head and gently held it at a slight angle. He then broke away from her lips and licked her smooth neck slowly, tasting her sweet, unchained passion while being enraptured by her beauty. Trailing his tongue down to her chest, he paused over her breasts while slowly moving in and out of her. Teasingly he blew upon her sensitive dark nipples. His warm breath causing them to tighten even more and setting her quivering core aflame and drip with heated wanton. He then licked both tasty nipples one by one before settling on one. He sucked on the tasty teat deeply, tugging deliciously at her nerve endings, sending raw yet delightful sensations from her breast all the way to her womb.

"Oh Jesus. Oh Sam." Tara murmured. By this, the sun was half way out of the sea and the sky took on an orange tinge. Releasing her breast from his hungry mouth, he looked at her and she looked so beautiful he felt as though he wasn't worthy of her love. Looking up at him, she could see that the sun's gentle rays created a soft orange glow upon his muscular shoulders and back.

Quickening and deepening his thrusts, he slammed into her while her creamy juices coated his ten inch dick. Shifting slightly under his weight, she managed to raise herself up onto her elbows thereby gaining a pleasingly better view of him sliding in and out of her. Sheathed deep inside her but at a slight yet mouthwateringly new angle, the bulbous tip of his cock found her G-spot and began to hit it with quick tasty repetition. With one hand, she reached forward and grabbed onto the roundness of his buttock, curling her fingers into its flexing pillow, urging him in deeper into her depths.

Feeling the inner walls of her pussy squeeze and tighten around his cock, he knew the end was close. Watching her face intently, he saw that her eyes were closed and she looked absolutely breathtaking beautiful submitting herself completely and entirely to him. His heart pounding in his chest, he glanced at her full breasts heaving up and down, the sight of them excited him even more. And, finally, no longer able to hold himself back, he growled along with her sensual cries, filling her up with his creamy release. Lastly, he remained fully immersed in her warmth until both their spasms of pleasure were no more.

~0~


Hours later, 7:00 p.m. in the resort's Italian restaurant, Tara and Sam sat at a small table on an open terrace that faced the sea. There under a clear violet sky, they looked up and could see a sickle-shaped silvery moon set high amongst the backdrop of twinkling stars.

After their orders were taken, they took a moment and breathed in the cool calmness of the gentle breeze. Sam looked across at Tara, humbled by her beauty. Tonight she wore a shimmery sleeveless, one-shouldered, floor-length dress. The bronze dress was made by her and she wore it proudly. It showcased her toned arms, sexy shoulders and gorgeous shape. Her braids were swept to one side and made to cascade over one shouler. From her ears dangled her favorite saphhire earrings that sparkled and shined along with her radiance. She looked glowingly stunning. Her eyes were closed and her face relaxed and slightly upturned to the sky as she listened to the soothing sounds of the sea. When she finally opened her eyes and met his adoring gaze, she blushed.


"You look absolutely astonishing." Sam said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"And you are the handsomest man around." Tara replied smiling at him with a smile only for him.

"Condsidering who I'm up against, I'd say the competition is pretty close." Sam jokingly retorted checking out his pot-bellied contender with a receeding hairline sitting at least four tables away. Then they snickered like school children.


"OK. Let's make a toast.." Sam went on to say, while still fighting back the temptation to burst out laughing again.

Picking up the long stemmed glass filled with white wine, he continued,

".. to happiness, to love."

Tara then held up her glass and joined in and said, "To happiness, to love and to wonderful memories."

Then they lightly tapped the mouths of their glasses together.

"To wonderful memories." Sam ended with an approving nod.


Simultaneously, they drank before placing their glasses back down on a perfectly decorated table, dressed in an ivory white table cloth and set with matching cutlery, and gold rimmed china ware. A tiny lighted oil lamp sat in the center of the table provided extra lighting and romantic flair.


"Sam, thank you for making this trip possible. I am having a fantastic time."

"Thank you for being here, for sharing these moments with me." Sam responded not noticing her reach into her black clutch purse.


"I, um, here..." Tara said nervously, placing a gift wrapped rectangular box on the table in front of him.

"A gift, for me? But, honey, it's not even my birthday."

"I know, I just wanted you to..you know, have this."


Surprized, Sam slowly picked up the neatly wrapped package and wondered what could be inside, all the while thinking what he'd done to deserve it and hoped she hadn't spent too much on it.


"Go ahead. Open it." Tara said excitedly when at first she was a little concerned about sounding clumsy, but now, she couldn't wait to see his reaction.


Doing as he was told, he tore the shiny green wrapping away to reveal a black velvet box. He then carefully opened the box to find a gold chain and gold pendant inside. On one side of the flat, round pendant was a raised engraving of an oak tree. He gasped and touched the pendant feeling the ridges of the tree with so much likeness to the one they were familiar with back home in Bon Temps. A stark reminder of special times together instantly brought a smile to his face.

Taking the shiny jewelery out the box, he held it and flipped the brilliant pendant on its other side. The engraved writings on it read, 'Sam, together we make wonderful memories, love Tara'.

Sam was touched and for a moment he was silenced not knowing what to say or how to respond. Such sentiments from Tara he regarded highly as she was the only woman he loved. The only one to make him feel alive and happy. Every experience he's ever had with her has always been exciting, new, wonderful.


"This is the best present anyone has ever given me, well, besides you walking into my life. Thank you, Tara. I'll cherish this, forever." He said reaching across the table, placing his warm hand on hers.


Knowing she must have spent a fair amount of her hard earned money on his gift, he held back from saying this, for this moment was perfect. Just as he was about to rise to his feet with the sole intention of going over to her side and showing how much he loved her, she said,

"Don't move a muscle honey. Let me come over there and help you put it on."

"Okay."


Swiftly, she got to her feet and walked over to where he sat, her black stilhetto heels clicking on the polished tarazzo floor. Standing directly behind him, she took the ends of the chain from him and hung it about his neck, securing the ends together by its tiny golden latch. She then bent down and hugged him from behind, resting her soft, cool cheek against his freshly shaven face.

Turning his head around until their faces met, he kissed her softly and whispered, "I love you" to which she replied, "I love you too".

When Tara noticed the waiter approaching with their appetizers, she returned to her seat oblivious to Sam's stares. He thought how sexy she looked in her body hugging dress and imagined releaving her of it before making love to her later.

~0~


After dinner, they watched a show of water ballet by the main pool, and when that was over, they took a long leisurely walk on the beach. Barefooted, they walked along the well lit sandy stretch enjoying the coolness of the fine sand sifting through their toes. Shoes and purse in one hand, Tara listened to Sam jabber on excitedly about their visit to Uncle Tim's farm earlier that day. Normally Sam wasn't the talkative type, but to see him like this made her smile.

The drive to Thompson Coffee Farm was pleasant and scenic, to say the least. Tara remembered green hills all around and seeing friendly faces along the way. To have finally met Uncle Tim was something special for Tara.

She found him to be warm and jovial and quite a story teller. While they toured his large farm, he told her stories about Sam, Marvin and Martin, as teens spending their summers at his farm and getting up to no good with his own twin boys, Vince and Vance. Tara felt that being able to connect Sams'summer stories to the place where it all happened and learning bits and pieces of his life she never knew made her feel closer to him.

Tonight, as they strolled beneath a starry sky, Sam told Tara one story after the next about his summers at Uncle Tim's. Some of the stories Tara had heard before but she just kept listening as she loved seeing him smile and his baby blues light up.

However, there was one story she hadn't heard before.

One hot summer at the Thompson's Coffee farm, all five boys wanted to go riding and do a bit of exploring on their own. Uncle Tim told them that he would allow them to go only if they've had their lunches. Back then, there were only four tame horses and one donkey that didn't bite so the boys knew that they were in for a race as none of them wanted to end up riding the donkey and be the laughing stock. When lunch time came, Uncle Tim announced the conditions of the race,


"Rule number one, no one can leave the table before finishing everything on their plates."

With equal goals in mind, the teenagers gobbled all their food and left their plates clean. Diligently, they all washed and dried their plates and glasses, then sat back down around the table and waited for Uncle Tim's signal. Just before the race began, he said,

"Rule number two, no shifting is allowed. The race starts in.."


Then he gave the last ten second countdown and the moment he said 'one', all five boys were out the door, and across the open land, in the direction of the stables on the other side of the large cow pen about a quarter mile away from the farm house. When they came to the cow pen, all but Vance and Vince, also known as the twin Vees, went through the pen. The three boys cleared the first iron fencing, looping through the wide gaps. They laughed at the twin Vees when they saw them going around the pen instead of through. Little did the three know that the cow pen was built on a split level so, at the opposite end of of the pen, there was a sharp drop by as much as six feet.

Meanwhile, cow droppings that had been previously swept and hosed over the edge of the concrete floors on a daily basis, was left to pile up behind the pen, facing the stables. The growing mountain of poop had been sitting there, accumulating for well over a month before being composted. Whilst fresher cow feces was at the top, older stale bovine excreta was nicely settled at the bottom. Although the cow pen was empty as the cows were in the milking house, the three boys ducked and climbed through the iron fencing into the recently cleaned pen all the while keeping their sights rivetted on the the horses waiting in the stables just a few yards away.

When they finally got to the other side of the pen, they did as before and weaved and bobbed through the gaps before standing at the very edge of the concrete slab. Simultaneously, they took a leap and as they did so, they thought that less than a foot below them was dirt. Alas they were wrong. They jumped straight into a five foot mountain of semi-hardened cow pies. Right after impact, they slowly sank into the thick viscous, warm, smelly excrement and became waist deep in it before they managed to wriggle free. Needless to say, the twin Vees were sitting on their horses laughing their heads off while the rest of them were on the ground soaked in stinking cow shit.


"Oh my God. Sam, that is the best story I've ever heard." Tara said laughing and holding her sides.

"Yeah, I'll never forget it." Sam laughed.

"Wait 'till we're back in Bon Temps. I'm gonna tease Marvin and Martin about it."

"Yeah, you do that." Sam chuckled back.

"Speaking of horses, how did ya like riding at Uncle Tim's farm today?" Sam asked.

"It was great. It was my first time riding a horse and I wouldn't mind doing it again." Tara answered.

"We could go riding on the trails tomorrow. We just need to sign up for it in the morning."

"Oh yes, let's." Tara replied excitedly.

"Now that you are an expert, tomorrow's five mile trail should be a cinch."

"Me, expert? After just one day? I wouldn't go that far. But, I like horses."

"The brochure says that we also get to ride the horses into the sea. Now, swimming is a good way to keep the horses muscles well conditioned."

"Wait a sec! You mean, we'll be on their backs while they're swimming?"

"Yup."

"Sam, how come you know so much about horses?"

"Well, I once worked at a ranch in Wyoming."

"Wyoming? How did you end up there?"

"When I turned twenty-five, I decided to go look for my birth parents. But, before I could, I had to find my adoptive parents, Sue Ann and Mitch Merlotte first. In my search, I learned that they were living in Cheyenne. So, I took a bus there. With little money left, I needed a job and got one at a ranch. That's how." Sam replied. His voice sounded a little restrained and Tara picked up on that.


She knew that the whole adoptive parent thing was always a sore topic for him, but she couldn't help thinking something else was amiss. That perhaps another pandora's box had been opened. She then asked,

"And, did you find them, the Merlottes?"

"No, by the time I got there, heard they'd already left for Canada. I gave up lookin' and stayed at the ranch for four years, saved some money, then headed south, to Louisiana." Sam voice waivered without him knowing it.


He's hiding something, she thought.


"I guess that explains the plaid shirts and big belt buckle." Tara said trying to lighten the mood.

"Are you makin' fun of the way I dress?"

"No. I think you look cute in plaid shirts and jeans. However, I'd love to see you in a cowboy hat, an' nutthin' else." Tara said coyly.

"Hmm, that can be arranged." Sam breathed with a devilish grin then he pulled her close and nuzzled her neck.


They ended their walk and headed back to their suite where they made love, cuddled and slept before the start of a brand new day.

~0~


The following morning, bright and early, Tara woke up to find a note next to her, sans her lover. A red hybiscus flower was on top of it. It read, 'Good morning my sweet angel. I am gone for my run. Love, Sam.'

She knew he would make sure to be extra careful while using his shape shifting powers out in the open. It was a good thing that the grounds of the resort was well vegetated and had lots of places where he could could hide his clothes and key card, go for his run, return to his hiding spot, shift back to human form and get dressed without being noticed.

Tara smiled holding the note and flower in her hand. She then checked the time on her watch. It was 6:05 AM. But, when she thought about their last talk during their late night walk, she felt a little unsettled. If she could help it, she was determined to get to the bottom of whatever it was troubling him. She got up of bed, did some push ups and sit ups then had a quick shower. She fixed her hair, brushed her teeth and dressed.. Lastly, she cracked open her Accounting text book and read a few more chapters before doing some questions and before she was done, Sam returned, had a shower after he blew her a kiss.

An hour later, while on their way to breakfast in the resort's general dinning area, they signed up for horse back riding at the front desk. It would be a good three hours before their excursion would begin. So, they went for a swim in the large infinity pool then jet skied for an hour. With enough time to spare, they had a quick snack before joining a group of people in the lobby who were waiting on the chartered bus that would take them to the trails.

~0~


A small group of six people, Sam and Tara included, began their five mile trek on horseback. It included going up a steep forrested hill, coming back down on the flat, then ending up at the beach. At the start of the journey, the ground was slippery and Tara being inexperienced was a bit concerned about falling off her horse while it tried to get a good footing on the steep slick slope. Sam made sure to ride close behind her urging her onwards with encouraging words. She found that her horse was perceptive and when she calmed down, it calmed down too.

When they came to the top of the hill, everyone got off their horses, tied the reins securely to posts and took a breather. The scenery up high in the hills was spectacular. Everywhere around them was nothing but green rolling hills. As they were all standing on a large wooden deck, a wide river ran below them. It was crystal clear and they could see locals either fishing or setting traps for crayfish. Gradually, the rest of the group moved away to take pictures with their cameras, leaving Sam and Tara by themselves on the deck.


"What is Wyoming like?" Tara finally asked.

"It's huge, dry, mountainous. It's quite beautiful." Sam answered looking straight ahead at the scenery before them.

"Sounds like a nice place. Made friends?"

"Yeah, some." Sam said shrugging his shoulder.

"Girl friend?" Tara came out and asked.

"Yes, Luna." Sam answered, his tone fell.

"Shifter?" Tara pressed.

"Yes." He said. Still staring ahead, his eyes looked distant.


Their conversation was suddenly interrupted when the guide announced that it was time for them to continue their trail.

When the group made it down the hill and continued onwards on the stretch, Sam and Tara lingered behind the rest of them. The guide stayed up front, and wasn't too concerned about them as he could tell that Sam knew his way around horses.


"Sam, usually you are upfront about everything with me, until now. I know I shouldn't be asking you too much about your past, but, why is it you didn't come right out and say you had a girlfriend until I practically dug it out of you?" Tara asked. Her horse began to knicker sensing a change in her demeanor.

"OK. You want to know what really happened between me and Luna? Well, we were datin' for a while, we got serious, then I found out she was cheating on me. So, I ended it. End of story." Sam replied, his voice sharpening. His horse to began to show signs of anxiety, mirroring his own.


At first instance, Tara didn't know what to say except to apologize.


"Sam, I'm so sorry. But, I felt …. look, I'm sorry that you had to go through having your heart broken like that. Trust me, I've had my fair share of cheatin' boyfriends too."

"No, I'm the one who should apologize. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I'm sorry. And you're right, I should've been more forthcoming, which is what we had agreed to do with each other, to be honest and open. You're my girlfriend and you have a right to know these things." Sam said calming down.

“Still, I shouldn't have pried. I should've given you a chance to open up in your own time. We don't have to talk about this right now. I understand you not wanting to relive the pain."

"Thank you. You are the one I want."

"What makes you say that, hon?"

"Because I know you. I know you're thinking that I may still have feelings for her, and quite frankly, I don't. I don't miss her. I don't want to have anything to do with her. She means nothing to me. It's been nearly seven years since we broke up and I haven't kept in touch with her since.”

"I'm glad we met. I'm glad to have you in my life." Tara said looking into his eyes. She stretched forward and gave her horse a reassuring pat on its neck, its rump slightly bumping into Sam's horse.

"Me too." Sam replied and winked. He knew deep down that without a doubt, that Tara was the one for him, and no one else.

"Oh look, the beach!" Tara exclaimed, looking up ahead.

"OK Tara. Remember to keep a good grip on your reins, but don't pull on them. Relax your arms and let the horse do the rest." Sam advised.


Then, one behind the other, the horses followed the guide's horse ahead of them and trotted into the shallow part of the water until they got to the deeper parts. They kept going until their legs were no longer touching the bottom. Tara felt the excitement rising in her chest and held her breath not knowing what else to expect. Then, she exhaled and calmly breathed again when she felt the horse's muscles flexing under her leather saddle as it kicked its legs forward and pull them back sharply as though it were in canter mode. While it kept its head above the water, its nostrils flared. The horse didn't struggle or make a fuss, rather it moved gracefully through the clear medium. In a single file, the horses with their passengers in tow swam a good length of the beach before returning to shore.

At the end of the ride, everyone were smiling even though they were tired and a bit parched. They all drank cool coconut water plucked from the tree. The guide complimented everyone on a job well done and even told Tara that she was a natural. She told him that she had a good teacher and smiled at Sam when she said this.

~0*0~

Chapter 14 - Flight Back by QueenMojo
Author's Notes:

Rating: MA, mature situations, strong sexual content, profane language. Disclaimer: Main True Blood Characters belong to Alan Ball, HBO, Charlaine Harris and such. Story is mine. That's all. Purely for entertainment purposes. Nothing else. Author's Notes: Hope you'll enjoy this chapter. Sorry for the long wait. But, I don't apologize for the smut. Leave your reviews. Thanks for reading.

 

 

CHAPTER 14: FLIGHT BACK

 

 

The first three hours of the flight back went smoothly. The plane was practically empty and at no extra cost their tickets were upgraded to first class. Besides enjoying generous leg-room space, large heated leather seats, Tara and Sam took advantage of free champagne service, steak dinners and the sense of privacy that came with it. A traveling business man who sat at the very front row was the only other person that shared the first class section.

"Penny for your thoughts." Sam said to Tara who was staring out the window longingly.

In the background, the stewardess' voice droned over the intercom giving the usual instructions of returning to seats and putting them in the up-right position before the plane began it's decent in the final half-hour of the flight.

"Oh, just that I wish we were still back in Jamaica. That's all." Tara sighed then turned and smiled at Sam sitting next to her.

"We can always come back you know. Maybe makin' it a longer stay." Sam said and reassuringly placed his hand over hers.

"I would love that." Tara replied perking up. She rubbed his hand that was atop hers.

Then there was a brief moment of silence as the two delved deep into their respective private thoughts, each reflecting on the past seven glorious days they had spent together at the resort. Those seven days were bliss. They both looked rested and fit. Their hair and skin glowed. It is amazing what a difference one week of sun, sand, and sex can make in a person's life.

"So, had a good time?" Sam asked breaking the silence.

"The best I've ever had in my entire life." Tara replied.

"You think those guys missed us?" Tara wondered outwardly.

"I'm sure Lafayette and Sookie are looking forward to seeing you." Sam replied.

"Yeah." Tara agreed.

"And your mom too." Sam added.

"Yeah."

"And Jason." Sam went on.

"Y...Sam! Why'd you hav' ta ruin the last fifteen minutes of our vacation bringing him up for?"

"Ah ha, I knew it! You were thinking of him." Sam insisted.

"No, not until now."

"Oh? So, you didn't think of him at least once in the last seven days? I find that hard to believe." Sam said playing devil's advocate.

"Well, if you must know, I didn't get him a damn thing, not even a cheesy souvenir."

"That doesn't prove anything."

Leaning in closer to him, she placed her soft lips to his ear and whispered, "As I lay stretched out on the white sandy beach, Jason was the furthest thing on my mind, 'specially when your large, warm cock was rammed deep inside of me."

"Hmmm..." Sam responded as images of them having sex openly on Pellow Island came to the fore.

"Just the very thought is makin' me wet." Tara mewed in his ear seductively.

"Hmmm..." another low rumble sound came from Sam's throat.

"Here, see for yourself." she said then promptly guided his hand under her black mini skirt. Slowly she moved his hand up between her thighs.

"Ahhhh fuuuuck woman, what are you doin'?" Sam whispered. His eyes widened, surprised at her boldness and at the fact that she wasn't wearing any panties.

Quickly, he looked around to see if anyone was watching. The lone stewardess on duty had already made her way to the opposite end the plane. He felt he didn't have to worry about her at the moment. His concern shifted to the passenger seated only four rows away of them. When he could see that the man had ear-buds in and seemed to be intently viewing a movie, he felt safe to shift his focus to the task at hand. A fat boner in his pants and a hot chick on his hand, everything else pretty much became secondary. He felt as though he was about to burst out of his pants the moment Tara's warm, slick dampness came in contact with his fingers.

"Oooh, oh, baby, ooooh" Tara purred quietly when he inserted his needy fingers inside her.

"So wet." Sam remarked.

He suddenly got a strong urge to hike up her mini, lift her clean up from her seat and plunk her straight down on top of his hot throbbing meat. But, he knew he couldn't. He knew it would create the type of attention they both didn't need.

"Don't stop baby. Finger fuck me. Finger fuck me good." Tara demanded.

Sam always appreciated her sexual assertiveness.

She threw back her head, lightly closed her eyes and parted her knees. He thought, damn, she looks so desirous. More than willing to fulfill her needs, he took three of his fingers, he inserted them in her again, this time slowly. She gasped when he filled her up knuckles deep. Her soft, warm innards felt welcoming and magnetic. Thoughts of burying his face between her smooth thighs and sticking his tongue into her wet cunt swirled in his mind.

Wanting nothing more than to rip her clothes off, mount her and fuck her, he had to settle on letting his fingers do the work. He started out slow and steady, then hard and fast. As he pumped and stroked her softness, her expressions enraptured him. In such decadence, she was beautiful and heavenly. From the way she moaned and submitted herself to him entirely, there was no stopping now.

Still, he felt he had to keep tabs on everything around him despite the fact that his hand was up her skirt. So he quickly looked up. He didn't see any sign of the suit. Shit! He was here just seconds ago, where the hell did he go?, he thought.

He thought that there was no way in fucking hell that he was about to stop now especially when he was this close, especially when she was this close. Fuck it. He didn't stop. He continued being her puppet master.

"Come on baby, cum for me." Sam rasped in her ear.

Then finally she let out a short but satisfying cry. Mission accomplished.

Slightly disheveled, she glowed for him and him alone. Giving a slight smile, she gradually came to, opened her eyes and looked around. In seconds, her smile quickly dissolved when she realized where she was. She realized that she wasn't on Pellows Island but on a plane bound for Louisiana.

"Shit. I don't believe I just did that." Tara said sounding embarrassed.

"Looks like I've created a monster." Sam said smiling to himself with pride.

"Oh god, I hope no one saw us. Was I loud?"

"I don't think so. Although..."

"Although what?" Tara asked sounding slightly panicked.

"It's nothin'."

"Sam, what happened while I was..", she began.

"..being finger fucked?" Sam ended her sentence while letting out a chuckle.

"Will you stop fucking around and tell me what the fuck happened.", Tara asked.

"Alright. Well, while you were about to have an orgasm, I noticed that the guy in the suit wasn't in his seat."

"Fuck. D'ya suppose he saw us?"

"Oh no, here we go." Sam responded sounding exasperated for Tara had a tendency to blow things out of proportion.

"Sam, this is serious. What if that guy filmed us. Shit. This could go viral. We're fucked." Tara said covering her face with her hands.

"Aw, come on, you're just over reacting."

"Over reacting? Don't be surprised if the feds are waitin' for us to cuff us the moment we land. Then charge our asses for inappropriate behavior on a commercial flight, or some shit like that." Tara's voice began to climb.

"Cher, honey, first of all, you need to lower your voice before the stewardess hears you, and secondly..."

Before Sam could finish his sentence, they immediately stopped their bickering when they noticed the man in the suit coming from out of the wash-room. He paused in the narrow aisle for a second or two to adjust his tie. He didn't once look their way. It was obvious he was preoccupied with his appearance more than anything else. Then in three short strides, he made it back to his row and hopped right back into his seat and promptly buckled himself in.

"There, you see, he didn't even look at us." Sam said.

"And what about the stewardess. She might've.." Tara began.

"Tara, I would've noticed her walk in. Okay! So relax, alright."

"Okay."

"But, you have to admit, you enjoyed that." Sam said arching one eyebrow and grinning to himself.

Blushing, Tara smiled and gave him a sideways glance.

~0~


Shreveport, La.

Whimpy's Bar. Two men, in their mid fifties sitting at the bar drinking whiskey. No music is playing. The old juke box is in constant disrepair. It's been so for the last twenty years. There is not much of a turn out of patrons tonight, in fact every night for the past year. Whimpy's cannot compete with the new strip bar two blocks away.

"It's about time..", the slightly built one said.

"Yeah, seventeen years. Poof. Gone like a fart in the wind.", replied the square jawed, heavy set man.

"Yeah."

Silence.

"How's the hip?", asked square jaw.

"Hurts like a bitch, 'specially when it rains."

Silence.

"When did you get out?", asked thin-built.

"Four months ago.", replied his square-jawed friend after taking a swig of brandy.

"Now what?"

"We git dem nigger boys and their nigger lovin' friend, that's what."

OXOXOX

 

Chapter 15 - Watched by QueenMojo

 

CHAPTER 15: WATCHED

 

Tara and Sam picked up their luggage from carosel 3 at the baggage claim area. The airport was crowded and noisy and they were both anxious to leave. Sam in particular, couldn't wait to get back home and surprise Tara with the newly renovated place that they were going to move into. Besides Dusty and his crew having done a terrific job on the house, Sam was looking forward to starting their lives together, like a normal couple.

“Ok babes, you ready? I'm ready. Let's scram.”, Tara said putting on a pair of sunglasses and looking all around for security guards or worse, police.

“Are ya still worried the feds are gonna come and put handcuffs on us?”, Sam asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

“No! Yeah. Hey, we could still get in trouble for what we did on the flight.”, Tara replied.

“Cher, stop frettin'. No one saw us.”, Sam said trying to reassure her but felt he wasn't getting anywhere since she was hell bent on believing that their little tryst on the plane was seen and reported to the authorities.

“Well, I'll feel better once we are outta this place and well on our way to Bon Temps.”, Tara finally said while walking briskly towards the exit.

Sam followed closely behind, at least tried to keep up to the fast pace at which she was going. He smiled to himself and thought how happy she always made him. Day by day, he was growing more and more convinced that them moving in together was the right thing to do. As they hopped onto a shuttle bus waiting outside to take them to the parking lot about quarter a mile away, little did they know that they were being watched.

~0*0~

Merlotte's

“Good afternoon. I would like to speak with Miss Tara Thornton. Is she here?”, the young man in a grey suit asked Raven, the first person he saw the moment he stepped into Merlotte's Bar and Grill at 12:50 pm.

“I'm sorry Tara is not in.”, Raven replied wondering who the person making the inquiry was.

She'd never seen him before but he seemed friendly enough. As he stood before her, she noted that he was tall and slender, handsome, more on the cute side and that his red hair was neatly styled. He could have easily been her age, give or take a few years.  He may just be any girl's dream guy, but, she didn't find him attractive. She herself was single and on the market. If only Matt would ask her out for a date, then she would say otherwise. 

“Do you know where she lives?”, the stranger asked.

“Why? Is she in some kinda' trouble?”, Raven asked out of concern. 

She knew where Tara lived but she wasn't going to up and give a complete stranger her friend's address, no matter how handsome and well put together he appeared to be.

“No, nothing of the sort. I just have something for her. Forgive me, my name is Robert. Is there a manager available?” He asked removing his sunglasses from his face with one hand while extending the other.

“Hi Robert. I'm Raven. Yes. We have a manager.", Raven replied and shook his hand. Looking over her shoulder in the direction where Lafayette stood watching the news on the television, she beckoned, "Hey Lafayette, could you please come out here.”

“Sure thang Miss Raven.” Lafayette replied turning around and walked, rather, sashayed over to where she stood.

“Are you the manager?” Robert asked getting Lafayette's attention. Lafayette, the cook, was put in charge while Sam and Tara were away. Today, he wore a pink sleeveless T-shirt with purple and green glitter on the front and a bright purple scarf loosly wrapped around his neck. Raven moved away and went back to re-filling mustard and ketchup bottles.

“That and a whole host o' other things. You got a problem with our menu?”, Lafayette asked.

“No. Actually I'm from the Law office of Miller & Smith. I'm looking for a Miss Tara Thornton. Will she be in later today or maybe tomorrow?”

“Law office?  You a lawyer? You is mighty young to be one. How old is you? Tara in some kinda trouble?” Lafayette bombarded the man with questions.

“Trouble? No, nothing of the sort. I take it she isn't here today.”, Robert replied. 

By his deportment, he appeared to be pressed for time and was not interested in idle chit chat. He wanted to carry out his task and be on his way. 

“No she ain't.”

“When she shows up, please ask her to call me.” Robert said extending a buisness card to Lafayette.

Lafayette took the card from him and watched him exit through the door and hop into his white BMW coupe parked out front.

By this, Arlene joined Lafayette's side and asked, “What was that all about?”, after observing everything from a distant. They both stood in front of a booth next to the large window and watched Robert drive off.

“Dunno, some suit just came by askin' fo' Tara.”

OXOXO

 

Chapter 16 - Home Sweet by QueenMojo

 

CHAPTER 16: HOME SWEET

Waking up to wonderful scents of fried eggs, bacon and ho-cakes in the morning, Tara yawned and stretched. Oddly enough, she got a feeling of home. As she opened her eyes and looked around, she was beginning to think she was dreaming. To begin with, the room was unfamiliar and so was the bed she was in.

“Hold on. Where am I?”, she asked herself as she quickly raised her self up in a seated position.

The last thing she remembered was sitting next to Sam in his truck, chatting and laughing away with him as they drove to Bon Temps from the airport. What she didn't remember was falling asleep on his lap,being lifted out of the vehicle and being carried into their new home.

Tossing the white fluffy duvet aside she wiggled herself to edge of bed, swung her legs over the side and placed her feet squarely on the hardwood floor. Looking down she noticed that she was dressed in one of her Kitty Pride t-shirt nighties while on the floor next to the bed were a pair of her favorite bunny rabbit bed-slippers.

She stood up and walked over to the closet. When she opened it, she noticed all her clothes were hanging in there and her shoes were neatly placed on the floor below. She smiled to herself while she could hear the sound of pots and pans banging in the direction in which the delicious scents came from.

She put on her bunny-slippers and exited the bedroom. She walked down to the end of the hall and paused. From across the living room, she saw Sam in the kitchen and said to him smiling, “Sam!” Sam who was standing in front of the stove, looked up and called out above the noise he was making, “Hey baby!”,.

She looked all around as she gradually made her way toward the kitchen. Meeting her half-way, Sam looked at her delighted expression and caught himself beaming from ear to ear.

“Well, what d'ya think? D'ya like it?”, he asked as he watched her taking in the place. He could have guessed by the look upon her face that she loved their new home. But, he wanted to hear it from her.

“Like it? I love it! This is amazing Sam.”, she replied and met his stares.

“Come, sit, eat before your breakfast gets cold.”, he said taking her hand and guiding her to the dining table.

“Sam, I can't believe it. What you've done to this place is short of a miracle. And that bed. Wakin' up in that piece of heaven, I thought I was back at the resort.”, Tara said barely able to contain her excitement. She was so excited that she forgot she was hungry and turned right back around and ran off to visit each and every room.

“Oh my God. Sam, a soaker tub!”, Tara exclaimed from the bathroom while he remained seated at the table calmly sipping a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.

Sam could feel her happiness literally bouncing off from the freshly painted walls. Eventually, she rejoined him at the table and asked him what seemed to be a million questions per minute. He didn't answer any. Not one. He just sat there and watched her jibber-jabber away with her eyes sparkling and her face lit up. Silently, he bit down on a piece of crispy bacon and smiled.

~0*0~

In the months that followed, Sam and Tara got in a routine of living together. Everything was going pretty well. Business at Merlotte's had picked up since Jonas Bar, the bar a mile away had burned down. With no other bars for miles around, everyone from Renard county pretty much came to Merlotte's to wet their whistle. No one knows for sure how the fire started but the owners claimed it was an accident. Bill Compton, however, thought differently. He believed it was the work of arsonist and the owners didn't want to report it to the police. He and Sookie came by for a visit and during the visit, Bill decided to share what news he had about the fire incident with Sam.

“So you think it was the work of arsonists, but, it is strange that Pete at least report it to the police?”, Sam asked Bill.

“They wouldn't want the police to come sniffing when they had a crystal meth lab hiding in their basement.”, Bill said.

“Pete Jonas a meth dealer?” Sam exclaimed in disbelief. Since he moved to Bon Temps, he knew Pete and he striked him as a pleasant middle-aged man. He'd been at his bar before and thought it was a bit run down. For years, his jute box never worked and he only served liquor.

He, Sookie, Bill, and Tara were all in the living room chatting. Bill and Sookie visited regularly and the four of them would sometimes have game's night or go on double dates.

“It appears his bar was just a front.” Bill said holding a bottle of warm True Blood in his cool hands.

“D'ya think the fire was out of retaliation for a deal gone bad ?” Sam asked.

“That is a possibility. It was a small operation no one else apart from his wife and son knew about. He was careful about moving his merchandise. He had a few pushers who mainly did buisness outside of town.”

“That explains why more customers are coming to my place. Maybe my place is next. So, how d'ya know all this?”, Sam asked.

“I glamored him.”

“Okay, why?”

“It's my job to investigate everything both legal and illegal and report back to the sheriff of area 5.”

“Area 5? Sheriff?”, Sam asked with a puzzled look upon his face.

“He means Eric.” Sookie interjected.

“Oh, right. How come you are investigating a fire that destroyed property that does not belong to a vampire?”, Sam asked.

“Our kind is always under constant threat so we make it our business to be aware of any trouble-makers in our district. Humans and otherwise.”, Bill stated placing his bottle on a coaster atop the coffee table.

“Well, d'ya at least know who is responsible?”, Sam asked.

“No, not as yet. Although I did pick up on two unfamiliar scents.”, Bill said.

~0*0~

It was about midnight when Bill and Sookie bade their farewells. Tara hugged Sookie before she hopped into Bill's car.

Thanks for coming by guys. This was fun.”, Sam said standing next to Tara. They both waved at Sookie and Bill while they were seated in Bill's black BMW sedan.

"Thanks for having us.”, Sookie responded with a smile.

"Hey, guys, don't forget Assassins next week, ok?”, Tara said. They had spoken about double dating before and tonight, they all agreed on going to the new club in Vanceville.

“Do they serve TruBlood?”, Bill asked.

“Yes. They do.”, Tara replied. 

She was glad he was interested in going to Assassins. She was surprised to learn that he was up to date on the latest songs and dance moves. 

“Yay! So that's settled.”, Sookie said then Bill started up the engine.

“Hey, Bill. Once you got any leads, let me know.”. Sam said referring to the fire investigation.

“Of course.”

~0*0~

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=1447